/odg/ Oroville Dam General - "Shitty Website Edition"

>What happened so far
- Main spillway got damaged - because of no maintaining - because Cali thought that they will never have that much water again - because of Muh Climate Change. And they needed the money for illegals.
- They closed the main spillway to inspect the damage, water went over the emergency spillway
- Emergency spillway was in even worse condition and it got BTFO pretty bad
- They opened the main spillway again, so that water doesn't go over the emergency spillway any longer
- Main spillway gets slowly BTFO and half of it is gone. But it is stable at the moment.
- They try to "repair" the emergency spillway because if rain hits hard, water will go over it again and rek it even more

> Be careful! There is plenty of old footage marked as livestream!

>Don Pedro Dam's spillway set to be used for first time since 1997
mymotherlode.com/news/local/284537/don-pedro-reservoir-spillway-may-open-after-3pm.html

> Update from AccuWeather

> Hourly Waterlevel
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?ORO
>Scanner
broadcastify.com/listen/feed/24979
> Pictures
pixel-ca-dwr.photoshelter.com/galleries/C0000OxvlgXg3yfg/G00003YCcmDTx48Y/Oroville-Spillway-Damage
> Webcam from the wrong side
parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411
> RainRadar
accuweather.com/en/us/oroville-ca/95965/weather-radar/331994
wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=39.56&lon=-121.56&radar=1
> Reservoir Condition
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
> Wind Map
windytv.com/?39.535,-121.469,12,anCziIF
> All reservoir levels
cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/resapp/getResGraphsMain.action
> Simulations of flooding
websites.pmc.ucsc.edu/~ward/
> 48-Hour Rolling Data Plot
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/137PgSYQtNfLWfEIOTImzeGKgTzVY_awWfzv1pSyZmxE/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true
PREV:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LoFYYj7EFtM
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?dnp
youtube.com/watch?v=pAnK72x3Ggw
youtube.com/watch?v=7i6CDh2H2_E
youtube.com/watch?v=hMrWnyVLvdA
youtube.com/watch?v=vwIYVH-w4QI
youtube.com/watch?v=tnVot30S-gU
youtube.com/watch?v=pmTPb5UXblA
youtube.com/watch?v=2GgQEtsryp8
youtube.com/watch?v=eoWBSFcPDnk
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_6uaDoIH_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=xKkLN8UgkEw
youtube.com/watch?v=MU9gn3KHIxE
youtube.com/watch?v=EcBkM6HoUuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=J7TbMFBLAQU
youtube.com/watch?v=RHHty6e6J7M
youtube.com/watch?v=YvXndcM78nc
youtube.com/watch?v=UzmNJv6uQJA
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=ORO&d=22-Feb-2017 14:48&span=100hours
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> two weeks later
> still thinks Oroville dam is happening

it really is over... I had such high hopes for this happening

Any hope of rain storms soon?

>inflow is increasing again
>reservoir to full to contain average snowmelt
>snow pack 40% above average
>can't properly drain reservoir because

Another major storm and/or snowmelt kicking in = happening

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=LoFYYj7EFtM

How's the spillway holding out? Any new pictures today?

Working as intended above the initial failure. CFS adequately reduced to not cause more erosion uphill..

Gonna need one of you amerilards who is only obese - not morbidly - to get at the dam with a pickaxe for this to fail.

The people who took the first pictures all got fired

Still waiting to find out about the levels of the upstream reservoirs.

Don Pepe inching up to overflow.
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?dnp

Yes a few new ones.

MOWA!

Is this how the party of Lincoln dies?

i have nothing better to do and need some practice so i am making a 3d model of erosion-chan.
will post results shortly!

Is this it?
Is the dream finally dead?
Has the DIDF won the final victory?
Dam.

The DIDF will never win anything.
They're even worse than 13.4 fags and that's a feat in itself.

MCOM here.
Can I have a status report?

M O W A
O
W
A

It depends on the weather. They can't fix the spillway, so it's still happening until they build a new one.

Califug here, once again.

Sure is nice out here in southern CA. Oh, "superstorm Lucifer"...what's that? Oh, that ONE DAY OF HEAVY RAIN 5 days ago? Is the dam okay? Oh, it is? Of course it is.
There was no chance of the dam ever breaking, and with the shitty weather gone and the temperature heating up that possibility is now completely null. How did it feel to waste so much time on these meme generals? You keks stayed up day and night denying showers to be here for a happening that's not happenin'. Well, here's to you guys, at least you had fun, right?

*rips bong*
*holds in*
*exhales*

Kill yourselves, please.

Is this pic real?

(Checked)
user.
>

Its actually very comfy without didf in here. What is pathetic is some user actually getting angry over a thread on an image board.

>temperature heating up
>possibility completely null

Hmmm

Don't smoke too much of that shit user. It has the potential to make people so dumb that they can't even connect rising temperatures with melting snow and ice.

user posted this a few threads back, compilation of flooding videos

FEB 18
> youtube.com/watch?v=pAnK72x3Ggw
> youtube.com/watch?v=7i6CDh2H2_E

FEB 19
> youtube.com/watch?v=hMrWnyVLvdA

FEB 20
> youtube.com/watch?v=vwIYVH-w4QI

FEB 21
> youtube.com/watch?v=tnVot30S-gU
> youtube.com/watch?v=pmTPb5UXblA
> youtube.com/watch?v=2GgQEtsryp8
> youtube.com/watch?v=eoWBSFcPDnk
> youtube.com/watch?v=Z_6uaDoIH_Q
> youtube.com/watch?v=xKkLN8UgkEw
> youtube.com/watch?v=MU9gn3KHIxE

FEB 22
> youtube.com/watch?v=EcBkM6HoUuQ
> youtube.com/watch?v=J7TbMFBLAQU
> youtube.com/watch?v=RHHty6e6J7M
> youtube.com/watch?v=YvXndcM78nc
> youtube.com/watch?v=UzmNJv6uQJA

The eternal california must pay.

Goddamit I give up on this happening, its now just a potential happening. Wait for snowmelt, but no general thread is needed.

that's what you niggers said before last week's major storm

You really need to ask yourself why a thread bothers you so much. It is a serious mental disorder to get angry at a thread on an image board.

I'm not angry

This weekend, they're gonna get the straw that broke the Camel's back.

So why come here? To fuck with people anonymously? That is some SJW tier mental disorder.

Except these massive rains are because of climate change you dumb cunt

Cus this is a general discussion.
We are discussing this not happening

Will it exceed 901 feet or will the erosion on the spillway come first?
PLACE YOUR BETS

The flooding is getting progressively worse isn't it?

We might not even need the dam to go at this point since all these places are waterlogged. How can DIDF ever recover?

No, your just fucking trolling like a fucking child. This happening is not over until June 1st, which is peak snow melt. So, any fag that comes here and spews hurr durr its not happening is a fucking retard, just fucking leave the thread and leave us old fags to our charts and graphs and memes and shit. Fuck off asshole.

spillway!

Learn what damsplaining is.
And then stop doing it.

Never say never user.
(0.20 hours in mspaint)

I live near Chico, everything is fine.
Take off your tinfoil hats
If get, then no more /odg/

that's beautiful, user

>getting this mad
>calling oneself an oldfag

This

Mental illness isn't real, that's just some made up liberal bullshit to excuse homosexuality and other degenerates
And trolling has been a mainstay of Sup Forums for fucking ages. Not that "DIDF"s are trolling, although it's a great way to gather (You)s.
It's also funny how you fags shit on red.dit for being an echo chamber (which it is), and then you all throw a hissyfit over someone that posts a different viewpoint. Just because someone offers a different opinion doesn't mean they're fucking with you, it means they want a discussion, however limited that discussion can be when everyone so readily disregards those opinions and calls each other names.

Fuvk op image made me laugh audibly in class

I pray the California get hit hard with rain and high temps.
Wipe that shit hole off the face of the earth. California is nothing but a cesspool for the kikes, and illegal Mexicans.

>Tfw Chico barely has any clouds in sight.
Why has Kek forsaken us?

Kys nigger

I need a good happening too right now famm, but the dam is not going to burst

This weekend they repair everything and elevation will be pushed down to nothing

Guys, its trouble for me that threads get so boring: i cant more entertain my bear by giving him links to /odg/ and he threatens me to drink all my vodka (!) and go overthrow Putin(!!).

Not that i symathise our commie-english-spy (it s not about Mishka) but i hesitate about drunken bear's demagogic skill and dislike to get troubles after failure of the conspiracy.

Hence how to Make ODG Great Again? (MOGA)

The dam is literally not going to break, there is nothing to see there so stop looking.

It's just a small crack but that's all and there's nothing else to see.

this, i'm not going to break

Done!

go away mr dam

The standing rock thing is happening.

Maybe you should switch to that happening while repairs are done on me.

It'll take a lot longer than a weekend to repair that spillway.

The camel will be roided up and strong as fuck by then

there's no such thing as old fags, newfags just made that up because they're fucking new

DIDF pls go

QT
PRAISE EROSION CHAN
THERE IS STILL HOPE!

Even without repair they rather good drop water through all thake "dewmo-storms", thus by w?e they drop it to minimum and will "have all the storms below consideration", #comfy repairing dam and hill (unsuccessfully, idiotically and so on,, but that does nothing for us).

The 13.4 fags have won 99 of the last 100:
cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=ORO&d=22-Feb-2017 14:48&span=100hours

They could win 99.99999% and they would still be faggots that know nothing about the tales of the Great Battery.
13.5 and up only!

Time to collapse

Only 13.5 fags can fathom the Riddle of the Volt's!

y-your digits lie!

soon

Oh no wait, I'm dyslexic I thought you were a 13.4fag

13.4v=best float v

Holy shit.

I'm a battery guy. You 13.5v guys will experience too much water loss.

GOD MOTHERFUCKING DAMN IT

california gets all this rain but they'll still be asking for gibs a month later due to drought. They won't invest in more reservoirs because brown people are more important. Fuck them

Current dam water inflow is exceeding outflow.

Then how comes there's this but there's NO 13.4 gif?

14.88 awokenV > 13.5 bestV > infinite sea of values greater than 13.4 >13.4 shitV

>roided up
?

Steroids Ivan.

>california in 2016
>california in 2017

Desu?

why are you wasting your skills when you could be doing booty renders

>007
I agree, Mr. Bond.

render asses

I don't really have skills, erosion-chan was just a bit of a size change on the ponytails and a recolour of a model that already existed.

pic related are some model edits that i actually put effort into

This. I need to have lewd erosion Chan in my life

>I don't really have skills
not yet user, but I believe in you. if anyone can model dat ass it's you. you need to realize that happiness isn't success, it's the hedonistic treadmill of life. that progression itself is happiness, not the end result.

so do it, do it for all of us user. do it for yourself. achieve happiness

853 when?

It'll come down, with time. Outflow is what to watch, not inflow. If they can't repair that spillway, it's all over. Twont be biblical rain that does it, just a storm a week that prevents repairs. The whole system is fucked from snow covered mountain tops to the shining sea. Walking out on this thread now is like giving up on Frodo when the ring wraiths show up at the prancing pony. This is a trilogy, and fags are gonna b floating ass up in San Fran bay as sure as Sam will give up his bread to frodosan.

Why u suppose it to begin melt till April?

You, I like you.

Hack a dictionary desu, what

Outflow is holding steady at upper 50's. Must be some good snow melt going on right now.

Frodo could have just taken the fucking eagles to the mountain and thrown that ring in there.

Do we know if outflow is restricted to the spillway? I'm guessing it could go through the dam if conditions were optimalprimal, but I only see brown standing water.
People thinking this dam is fine are the same people that went back to work in the second tower when (((they))) gave the all clear.

That is riv rel. There is 5k constantly going through, which is what the normal avg of inflow is. The power plant that can kick out an additional 15k cfs is not working right now because of debris because of the fucked up spillway.

Get mad at a bedtime story bro, rage on

RIV REL is the total flow into the river from the reservoir

Why is that number higher than outflow?

Fucking kek

depends on weather
The sooner it warms the quicker we'll see that mountain snow melt and pair with a storm

>this mad