>make less money
>say anything politically incorrect and you're gone

blue collar
>out all day, massive freedom
>doing something important 90% of the time
>make a shitload with loads of side perks to save you money
>say whatever you want whenever you want
>can fix your own shit

Seriously, why would any modern man be white collar?

I don't know, why does your bait suck?

Software Engineer here

>busy all day, goes by quick
>my body isn't torn up so I can go home and do stuff I like
>huge salary, make $110k
>lots of room to grow and move in the industry
>tons of jobs
>can move abroad if I want to
>save a ton of money without it being in a pension or some other scam

What bait?

I've lived both lives, white collar life is absolute shit.

If I could do it all over again, I probably wouldn't have went to college and instead became a plant process operator. Some of the old fogies pull $200k (w/ overtime) and the shift work schedule is great. 12 hour shifts, yes, but lots of off time.

Im a roustabout in the oil industry

About to graduate with my comp sci degree. How should I find an entry level job? How do I get my food in the door? Help me out buddy.

lol been there.

>busy all day, goes by quick
Not at all you lying fuck.

Nice meme.

>huge salary, make $110k
That's nothing.

>lots of room to grow and move in the industry
Not really

>tons of jobs
I get job offers in traffic.

>can move abroad if I want to
Same.

>save a ton of money without it being in a pension or some other scam
Same.

Cool, me too. I heard you love it so much, so I left a spot open for you. It's all yours.

Nah I'm good, my clients give me enough job offers when I tell them I used to do DBA and network admin.

You need to specify what you want to do.

>Nah I'm good, my clients give me enough job offers when I tell them I used to do DBA and network admin.
Then what are you whining about?

Dude HVAC is the most boring trade in existence

Nothing, I just hate white collar numale cucks. Men are not meant to live like that.

Electrician is most boring trade, full stop.

>oh man I can't wait to pull this cable from point a to point b

Missed this, what does your average day entail.

>numale
>cucks
>men are supposed to live the way i say it

whew lad. did you just read gorilla mindset? or the way of men? are you a PUA also?

>Nothing, I just hate white collar numale cucks. Men are not meant to live like that.
So don't be one. Listen, I don't know what you do for a living, but if you made less money doing DBA than you do working in whatever trade it is you do now: you suck. That or you live in a shitty part of the country, because in the Midwest IT guys can pretty much name their salary. That and you don't go home tired and dirty.

But fuck it, if you feel like doing physical labor your whole life and you find some reward in it- be my guest. I still reserve the right to think you're an idiot though.

Being blue collar is hell. Ask anyone in a low skill job if they regret their life decisions, anyone sane including management would tell you they made a huge mistake by not going to college. College is the new highschool. This didn't used to be true but in todays world it is truer than ever.

I work white collar because I make good money and fucked up my back in my late teens and early 20's.
Learn a trade? Let's see, I'm 31 years old, I'm married with 4 kids and have to financially take care of my mother and my mother in law. Please name a trade that I can move to without taking a huge hit in quality of life ($), that's not infested with unions (non-right to work state), that has labor that can be done by a guy with a bad back.
Nope. I'll take my air conditioning mindless drone work, thank you.

>Listen, I don't know what you do for a living, but if you made less money doing DBA than you do working in whatever trade it is you do now: you suck
Maybe I live in the wrong area but while I made 60/hr as a DBA the work wasn't constant enough. I'll take my 2-4k a week any day when the average yearly income is only 28k,

Yeah, getting paid shitloads to joke around with your friends is awful.

> Please name a trade that I can move to without taking a huge hit in quality of life ($)
Any, we are extremely overpaid if I'm being quite honest.

>that's not infested with unions (non-right to work state)
Unions pay 20-40/hr in my trade, don't know enough about others though I will say in places like New York it may be better to be white collar due to the CoL.

>that has labor that can be done by a guy with a bad back.
Every trade has guys that just go out and do sales, enjoy.

I started doing blue collar work then went to school and work white collar now.

I would never dream of switching back. I drive an Audi, have a stock portfolio, take several trips a year, and jerk off into brand name kleenex now, not just toilet paper.

>I started doing blue collar work then went to school and work white collar now.
Oh yeah? What did you do? I'm willing to bet it wasn't real blue collar work or you didn't do it for very long.

> I drive an Audi, have a stock portfolio, take several trips a year
Sounds like you stock a fucking grocery store you poor little pleb.

(I'm American I work in Sweden now)

Was an EMT for 5 years. Now I'm a software developer.

>Was an EMT for 5 years
Not going to say that's not blue collar but holy shit that is by far the most underpaid occupation out there.

>Now I'm a software developer.
That sucks.

>went to college for civil engineering
>$85k in debt
>found a job for $15 an hour
> apply at coal mine instead
> I now make $34 an hour with unlimited overtime

Fuck college, i could have just worked those 4 years

Don't start this shit.

Cucked by your own family
Fug

I am a Pipefitter/Welder Apprentice.
I make $36/hr + full benefits including health insurance, pension, supplementary pension, etc.
I would recommend the trade to anyone willing to put the effort into learning.

The pipefitters who are still running copper or threaded pipe at 40 years old either just don't care to move up the ladder to foreman, general foreman, superintendent, or are too stupid/lazy to do so.

Grouping in low-skill labor work with high-skill trades is just ignorant.

>Inconel spool I built about a year ago

It is seriously underpaid. I worked my way from private ambulance ($10/hr) to a hospital, and I worked night shifts only, so in the end I was making about $24/hr.

Also being a software developer is the shit. I truly enjoy it and would do it for fun. Bonus is that there's endless earning potential.

>willingly taking a drastic reduction in pay, benefits, hours, work conditions, and prestige to role-play an embodiment of my perception of the "average american worker"
2 words: free dental and vision

>>out all day, massive freedom

Is this true? I'd imagine you'd have almost no freedom what with having an actual product to complete. I like having an office job because I'm basically paid to fuck around on the internet all day.

>I'm basically paid to fuck around on the internet all day.
That sounds extremely dull and boring.

>inb4 we're on the internet right now.

>2 words
>didn't even bother to include medical

buddy where the shit do you work that offers vision and dental but not medical

Why does everyone on Sup Forums claim to write code for a living? I fell for the meme and went to school for IS and fucking hate programming after taking a java class and plan on just going into technical sales or something like that instead so I'm not miserable sitting at a computer all day being a code monkey.

Not bad, brazing is the funnest shit I get to do. I shouldn't have grouped low skill labor in but most low skill labor is white collar.

>Bonus is that there's endless earning potential.
Very few of my clients make more than 70k, the only one that was rich was a sales guy that dabbled in software development and made his own company. Keep in mind wages and CoL here are low as fuck, the average experienced EMT only makes 16/hr which is insane considering what they do.

That's a lot more than 2 words but even in a right to work state I get those wherever I go plus free gas, a free vehicle, a free cell, and usually a free laptop or ipad.

With no oversight we're just given a list of calls to do and dick around the entire time. We spend way too much time watching youtube videos and fucking with customers. When I was a network admin I at least had to pretend to check logs every now and then.

>Yeah, getting paid shitloads to joke around with your friends is awful.
>Any, we are extremely overpaid if I'm being quite honest.
>Unions pay 20-40/hr in my trade
Yeah. You never did say what you did for a living. Where is it you worked where you can laugh and joke around all day without getting anything done?
>that anti union quip
Yeah, you're full of shit. Go to bed, son. You never worked a hard day in your life.

I have an advanced degree and consciously chose blue collar.
>Enjoy going in
>Feel like a man
>Make the civilization function

>Why does everyone on Sup Forums claim to write code for a living? I fell for the meme and went to school for IS and fucking hate programming after taking a java class and plan on just going into technical sales or something like that instead so I'm not miserable sitting at a computer all day being a code monkey.
A lot are highschool kids just memeing. The average wage in software development is shockingly low but you'd have to actually have done it to know that.

Is it more lucrative to be a software developer in Sweden compared to Silicon Valley or some shit? I would think that we'd have more opportunity and competition (from an employer standpoint) over here but then again, I've never lived in Sweden. Maybe they have a booming software industry.

Because it's shit, user. You forgot to mention the cuts you get on your fingers, and the aches in your back, knees, and feet. I'm 21, I can still handle this shit, but my coworkers in their late 30s and 40s tell me they go home and pass out from exhaustion every day.

This type of work isn't sustainable, I'm just doing blue collar work because the economy is shit.

>Yeah. You never did say what you did for a living
I thought it was obvious, HVAC

>Where is it you worked where you can laugh and joke around all day without getting anything done?
Every shop I've worked for, we get shit done though.

>Yeah, you're full of shit. Go to bed, son. You never worked a hard day in your life.
What? And what anti union quip?

Welder here. 90% of the available jobs here are $15-17 per hour. If you're going into the trades, don't do welding, carpentry, or machining. Do HVAC or electrician.

Im making 58k right out of college, compared to my friend who is making 35k as an electrician. Also I have no student loan debt thanks to parents.
Tl;dr for the money

see

Worked shit jobs from 18 to 24
Went to school for law enforcement for 2 yrs
Worked LE for four years
Back to school for programming because fuck that
Worked programming for the past 10 years
Doing great, but kinda wish I would have worked with my hands not on a keyboard but in a fabrication shop welding and millworking.

>because i live in australia
>because every season except winter is hell on earth
>because it's not fun working in 45 degree heat with 95% humidity

>i work as a property analyst
>20 hours per week
>$75k annual
>report to 1 manager and mostly via email

this is freedom, not your shitty blue collar low wage job where you are nothing more than a small cog in a an ever moving wheel

thanks but i'm good

>Because it's shit, user. You forgot to mention the cuts you get on your fingers, and the aches in your back, knees, and feet. I'm 21, I can still handle this shit, but my coworkers in their late 30s and 40s tell me they go home and pass out from exhaustion every day.
I'm 26, the cuts on my fingers don't bother me and the complaints about back pain are because we have to sit down driving so much and not the hunched over fucked up shit in attics. Sitting down is fucking awful for you.

I don't know a single electrician making that little and once again I live in a low as fuck CoL area.

It's not necessarily low, it depends on who you work with and your "formal title". I'm not a programmer and don't plan on being one because of how mindnumbingly batshit boring it is, but one of the guys in my department (cyber sec) makes around 60k/yearly doing it, and that's as a "Senior Software Developer".

I've seen/know programmers who make 100k+ a year, but really... not many. If you want to get anywhere with coding, you need to learn multiple languages, and be proficient in them. So many people are learning coding because they think it's good pay/"fun" to do as a profession that the competition is kind of dumb...

That's what I'm saying man, they all act like it's easy work too. Unless you have been programming since you were 15 I don't think it's worth the 45-65k the average junior developer gets their first few years out of school for busting their ass writing algorithms and problem solving all day to make a program run.

> come home sweaty and dirty every day.
> do the same thing in different spots on the work site.
> around a bunch of low IQ retards all day
> living under the realization that you could never achieve shit in higher education
> will be first to be replaced by robots

>$110k
>Leaf bux

So nothing?

I do HVAC-R too Brother! I love the smell of R-22 in the morning

doing a heating and cooling calc for a house I'm bidding on

>feelsgoodman

>implying most welding jobs pay anywhere near what a pipefitter makes
gonna be a boilermaker so my situation will improve but don't act like most welders are making anything close

I worked in wildland fire for a few years including on a hotshot crew. It was a pretty good gig. The job itself was pretty difficult especially on the IHC but it also entailed traveling all over the US and being outside a lot. Initially it was my summer job during college and I'd use all the money I made for rent and once on a semester of tuition. But after graduating I paid off all my student loans with the money I made with one season on the hotshot crew. Then the next couple seasons I used the money I saved to travel abroad. Now I have an office job and I wouldn't go back to fire but I do wish I could work outside again.

>I've seen/know programmers who make 100k+ a year, but really
My friends make fun of me for making 2-4k, 100k is low for the investment of time to climb that ladder.

Yeah it's way harder and way more boring than people really understand. It really does require a lot of skill though but good luck getting decent compensation.

I do air in florida and shit on your earnings. The 130 degree heat isn't that bad, stay hydrated you cuck,

i am you dirty half nigger. im a fucking machinist. i dont make the best money but i make cool shit and the boss lets me do my "government work" when were slow. i cant complain though i would venture to say id almost rather have been a carpenter if my pops wasnt one (urged me not to, and after seeing the toll his body took i dont blame him) but i still wanna learn to do more shit related to home improvement.

Have fun being a wageslave. I'm goinh taking part in the family company.

Muh nigga, too much 410a work lately though with fucking retard installers.

>not doing load calc in your truck at job site to close it instantly
WHYYY

>Where is it you worked where you can laugh and joke around all day without getting anything done?

You describe low-skill industrial unions, not high-skill trade unions.
We take pride in our work and all do our most to portray our trade the best possible way.

No, you're absolutely right. Being a shit tier low skill spot welder on a production line is about as prestigious as flipping a burger.
The special alloy welding within pipefitting is where the money is.
Good luck on the boilermaker gig though. I hope you're okay with traveling.

The only reason most of you guys are shitting on blue collar workers so hard is because you don't find yourself "low enough" to do that sort of work or have enough muscle to actually do anything other than "program".

Prove me wrong, faggots.

>I do air in florida and shit on your earnings.
do you work 15 to 20 hours a week?, no you don't you do 12 hour days in the blistering heat, i don't care if you double my salary, i work piss all hours for $75k, i am working on an online coaching and supps business because i have the time and freedom to do so, you don't, my employer can always offer me more hours, it is my choice to decline

no go wash your tools cunt and drink your fucking mexoaid

Emt here. I certainly don't do it for the money.

Ama.

In a pre-apprenticeship for carpentry..

Going to look for a small restoration company and work for them for a few years, while saving up money to buy my own properties to restore.. eventually moving up to development.

Best part is..? I'll never be ripped off by contractors, ever.

more like the last to be replaced especially plumbers

>do you work 15 to 20 hours a week?
I can and have doing home warranty shittery for thousands. I did have to maintain my own vehicle though which was expensive but you can do it in pretty much any skilled trade if you're willing to put up with the bullshit.

Also 75k here is way more than it is there and I still shit on you.

We know. EMTs get fucked so hard for what they do, I really wish you guys got paid more.

When I was framing, I was kickboxing and working out 5 days a week. What's your excuse faggot?

$75k? you sure as shit dont live in sydney if you think thats decent coin.

>Whitepeople.jpg

>20 hours p/week
>75k
That's a dream deal you got there

Serious answer to the question is twofold. And this is coming from a former young poorfag/ex military welfrare queen who would have loved to do blue collar stuff

1) The modern economy, with globalization and third-worlders driving down wages, shits all over blue collar workers. The jobs are sparse and the wages are low. Spare me your anecdotes about your uncle who makes 60 an hour as a machinist. Those are extreme outliers and almost all mixed in with scummy union shit

2) Some of these types of people are borderline retarded and/or drug addicts and scumbags

TL;DR - Sadly, its not the 1950s anymore

White collar is fun if you have a reasonable amount of freedom. I'm a prof, so I work hard, but at stuff I really enjoy.

I'd hate to be some poor fuck selling insurance, though.

>mfw people are trying to talk shit about HVAC-R

You can work anywhere
You work with mostly bros at shops
You make obscene money
Feel pride because you're good at your job
Always learn something new

>Seriously, why would any modern man be white collar?
I am "blue collar" union pipefitter. My job is awesome. I do amazing things that are useful, however I am just a small part of a larger thing. It takes hundreds of men to build a power plant, but it could not be done without us.

Currently working on a large power plant. My worst year in the past 10 was just over $60k.

I travel large distances and this is part of my job.....My exact title is "Journeyman" so this is to be expected. It is a very skilled trade, and "Joe-home-contractor" could not do what I do without years of experience.

>> come home sweaty and dirty every day.
>> do the same thing in different spots on the work site.
>> around a bunch of low IQ retards all day
>> living under the realization that you could never achieve shit in higher education
>> will be first to be replaced by robots
I do not come home every day dirty/sweaty. There are things called "Coveralls" that I wear overtop of my pajamas or gym shorts. The dirt stays at work. I bring them home as needed so they can be washed.
I have many skills from basic plumbing to welding and industrial rigging and crane signaling.
Many of my co-workers are quite intelligent. I don't mean in comparison to other construction workers either. I mean in comparison to the "national average", and would bet that we beat the average IQ by a large margin. Many of my "co-workers" are college educated people who realized that they could not make close to the same amount.
REPLACED BY ROBOTS. LOL. Trust me, we try to figure out how to automate everything we do. There is no way a robot could do my job, because it requires more than what any robot can do.....Like think independently, and change methods and improvise. A robot only does one thing well. A skilled tradesman does many things well, and incorporates this all into the process. We do not do repetitive tasks that a "robot" needs.

Thanks user.

Every time I see shit heads at McDonald's who want 15 an hour I keep remembering the time I had to pull an old lady out from behind her toilet while covered in shit.

I make close to 14/hour. She was there for 2 days.

>I can and have
yep, argument over

you work long as fuck hours for more money than me, grats dickhead, you trade your most valuable commodity for for cash, you only shit on yourself

>having 1 income stream
sad/10

>The modern economy, with globalization and third-worlders driving down wages, shits all over blue collar workers. The jobs are sparse and the wages are low. Spare me your anecdotes about your uncle who makes 60 an hour as a machinist. Those are extreme outliers and almost all mixed in with scummy union shit
Fuck off you retard. We need people so bad that literally all of us try to recruit people we just met working low end cashier jobs. The wages are retarded but people are scared of real work. Once again I get job offers in traffic often enough that it's just a thing I deal with.

> Some of these types of people are borderline retarded and/or drug addicts and scumbags
A lot of us do drugs and are scumbags but there's not a lot of retards outside the toolbitch/hauling role.

sydney, manly

you need to diversify you income streams m80

Blue collar seems like good manly work until you hit about 45 or 50. Then it's hell.

I know a lot of blue collar guys who are basically dependent on drugs to keep it together long enough to earn what they need for retirement.

>Every time I see shit heads at McDonald's who want 15 an hour I keep remembering the time I had to pull an old lady out from behind her toilet while covered in shit.
>
>I make close to 14/hour

How often do people die when they're in the ambulance?

>HVAC-R

My entire profession is to make people comfy

engineering project manager

hate my job for the most part
its just fucking annoying having to worry about the most ancillary shit - 80% of my job is just bullshit correspondence and admin (tracking)

should've gone into finance or software development

>you work long as fuck hours for more money than me, grats dickhead, you trade your most valuable commodity for for cash, you only shit on yourself
I work long hours now (well not really now, taking my two month vacation the company doesn't even formally offer because I can) because what the fuck else is there to do? When I start working I don't like to stop and I make more money for it.

I have a friend who is an EMT, makes 12/hr and does the same shit. It's insane, he once had to help save a pregnant woman who was fucking shot. How you guys make so little is mind boggling.

Pussies don't know, this is the life.

>Blue collar seems like good manly work until you hit about 45 or 50. Then it's hell.
Then you just switch to sales full time. I know loads of people over 45 all making 200k+ because they just switched to full time sales.

i can get any health insurance i want, but it costs money unlike the 2 i mentioned

office supplies (computers) and transportation/accommodation are also implied

Hey there, young fella. I'm sure the coal mine seems great now, but ask around tomorrow and tell me how many people are older than, say, 45.

>lose job after 5 years to Pajeet

>My worst year in the past 10 was just over $60k.
Continued:

I only worked 5 months that year. I spent a few years building a reserve so that I could vacation where I wanted, when I wanted.

Most years I clear $100k.

There are downsides for sure. I am on the road quite a bit. At times I have to stay out of town. It is cost effective because I have brothers all across the nation that will put me up for little or no cost. In our union, we are workers, but we are also a fraternal organization. We look out for each other.

Another "Con" is that my job is dangerous. Simple mistakes can cost lives. a poor rigging job on a large piece of equipment can crush people to death, and/or destroy many millions of dollars in someone else's shit.

I am not huge, but I am fit. I liken my work style to 6 hours of cardio spread over a 8-10 hour day. Office chumps cannot compete.

Another con, is that there are very few women and minorities. They just don't seem to want to do what we do. Most of us are white. Most of us have religion. Most of us have guns and know how to use them. Most of us do drive fancy pickup trucks. (I don't know why the truck meme is real, but it is). I prefer Cadillacs. As much time as I spend on the highway, I like to be driving a living room around.

The final con I can think of at the moment is that my lifespan will be shorter based on the physical labor I do. Most of us die off earlier than expected. This is part of the tradeoff.

I make massive amounts in overtime pay. I make over $35/hour + benefits + vacation + pension + annuity.

LOL @ Robots meme again. I would love a robot that could do my job. A human intelligence would be required. Problem solving abilities and ability to adapt in fluid situations is a must. Dexterity that a robot does not have also would be needed

>WASPy
Why are their so many people using this acronym today..?

>tfw selling fuckers air, nice cold ass air.
So good.

>From my understanding the only two things that are still good are HVAC and Electrician. And if you aren't someone's nephew or jerking someone in the union off, you can forget the electrirican
I do electric without pulling permits but am no electrician but could get a job tomorrow doing it for 4 companies without applying. There's loads of good programs for electricians. Also beaners mostly do bitch work bro, if you applied you'd find any trades shop will take you.

>lose job after 5 years to Pajeet

Haven't people been saying this since the 90s

Have some Agent Orange, my rice-farming friend. Men provide for their families.

>taking my two month vacation the company doesn't even formally offer because I can)
i see people at my company do this all the time, senior managers and executives, yeah they're on $180k+, yes they take a few weeks off at a time throughout the year and because of their position are offered more perks, ultimately this is a subjective choice

personally, i prefer to maximise my earning with the lowest necessary time input, especially when working for someone else's company, you're putting money in their pocket, minimise your opportunity cost by freeing up your time and working for yourself maximising personal income, that's all i was trying to say, if you're enjoying your air con job bro, then that's great, but it's not for me

>pajeet can't get a security clearance
>pajeet sucks dick compared to my skill level

nah m8

I want to start my own company within 10 years. Unions do not sound appealing at all, but I am constantly bombarded with union shilling at my pre-apprenticeship training for carpentry.

Sounds great if you don't want to be your own boss one day. Just not for me.. Glad you're enjoying the life, though

i'm a machinist going into cnc machining within the next couple of years. it's the perfect balance of blue collar and white collar. i get to use my head and my hands

I've had a job as a blue collar worker and now as a white collar worker

>be blue collar
>asphalt paving and road work
>$10/hr part time Mon-Fri 6am to 5pm
>no benefits, insurance, sick pay, vacation, etc
>when it rains I don't get paid
>if I'm 5 minutes late I only get paid 50% that day
>work with 70-80iq retards and negroes
>completely wore out at the end of the day

>be white collar
>corporate office
>$49,500 first year starting, early-mid 20s, pay automatically increases every 2 years + big bonuses
>health insurance, free breakfast and lunch, free gym membership, free financial advising, 4 weeks paid vacation, sick leave, etc
>flexible hours, leave early when finished, not reprimanded when tardy
>easy work, everyone is understanding, shoot the breeze with coworkers half the time
>company outings often, aka paid to party with coworkers
>next promotion (get a freaking company car at no cost or the ability to pay 30% discount on a wide range of vehicles
>get to boss around dumb blue collar workers and day laborers
>being blue collar
>ever

Why is this even a question?

I was being overly douche for fun but I got your point. I don't blame you either because I've been there and it's not bad at all especially when you burn out. Reliable, simple, predictable income is nice though and is what I prefer now even if it means a few extra hours working (I don't mind, I like doing what I do).

>I know a lot of blue collar guys who are basically dependent on drugs to keep it together long enough to earn what they need for retirement.
Them retards need to learn to protect their bodies better. They need to learn to not be heroes and save every job by killing themselves. They are feeling the years because they insisted on heavy lifting and all the other dumb shit when they were young. I know plenty of union hands in their 60s that are in great shape, and still love life. The ones I know that are "beat up" are heavy drinkers/druggies. They did it to themselves. Live fast, and die young.

>engineering project manager
Hahahaha, become a worker and start to make the real money. Managers are designed to be broken mentally by everyone on site....from the guy who cleans the garbage all the way to the owners of the site.

>Pussies don't know, this is the life.
All of the skilled trades are essential to comfort.
>My entire profession is to make people comfy
These clowns have been pushing the "Day without immigrants". I think that a "Day without skilled workers" would prove my point....Except that skilled workers know that they are 100% necessary so that the vegetarians need electric to charge their queer cars and apple devices. No one needs a plumber until they need a plumber....then they want to bitch about the price. Go find a robot to clean your shitter so your house doesn't overflow with your sewage.

People forget really quickly how important skilled trades are. The beauty of it, is that we do know. We have a responsibility. We make sure everyone else hates us because if there is no problems, it is because "anyone can do that job". People really bitch when shit is not working....Like roads, bridges, water supply and electric.

When I did salaried white collar work I got 5k pay raises every few months. You suck,

I make more than you with a free car, gas, cell, etc in a year of doing my trade.

God I love when white collar hipster faggots see what I make and how they recoil in shock. Too bad you did basic labor and never moved up.

I have several friends that struggled with getting jobs as a blue collar worker because immigrants are hired as cheap or even black labour.