/grg/ - Gun Rights General: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED Edition

Thread for the discussion of gun rights, gun control, legislation, ethics...
If you don't see a /grg/ thread in the catalog, feel free to create one.
KEEP IT POLITICAL! This is not a thread for the discussion of guns, it's a thread for the discussion of gun rights, everything else goes to /k/.
You are encouraged to post additional ressources.

IMPORTANT: You'll notice that some of the ressources here are in French. Why is that? Because in France, when the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen was written, they almost included an article that said:
>Tout citoyen a le droit d'avoir chez lui des armes, et de s'en servir, soit pour la défense commune, soit pour sa propre défense, contre toute agression illégale qui mettrait en péril la vie, les membres, ou la liberté d'un ou plusieurs citoyens.
>Every citizen has the right to keep arms and use them, be it for the defense of others or his personal defense against any illegal agression that would put in danger the life, the members or the liberty of one or multiple citizens.
In the end, it wasn't included because the other writers judged that:
>Le droit déclaré dans l'article X était évident de sa nature, et l'un des principaux garants de la liberté politique et civile que nulle autre institution ne peut le suppléer.
>The right declared in the article X was obvious by its nature, and one of the primary keepers of civil and political liberty that no other institution can replace.
This is why some of the ressources will be in French or in other European languages, so that Europeans can spread this everywhere, in the hopes of recovering this natural right.

Thread-specific note: Since this general is fairly new, you are highly encouraged to post new resources.

Pastebin: pastebin.com/Q75QYW4M

Other urls found in this thread:

home.nra.org/
arpac.eu/
tiretdefense.com/
daaa-avwl.go1.cc/
saf.org
assemblee-nationale.fr/12/propositions/pion3723.asp
freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/129/Media/Unintended_Consequences.pdf
ag.gov.au/CrimeAndCorruption/Firearms/Documents/2017-national-firearms-agreement.pdf
m.europarl.europa.eu/EPMobile/en/news/product.htm?reference=20170126BKG59909&l=en
pastebin.com/guCESAtx
youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WEBSITES
home.nra.org/
arpac.eu/ (French)
tiretdefense.com/ (French)
daaa-avwl.go1.cc/ (French) (Belgium)
saf.org

BOOKS
The War on Guns: Arming Yourself Against Gun Control Lies, John R. Lott Jr.
More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws, John R. Lott Jr.
The Second Amendment: A Biography, Michael Waldman
Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America, Adam Winkler
Aux armes citoyens! Plaidoyer pour l'autodéfense, Paul Lycurgues
Tir & Défense, Philippe Perotti

OTHER READING MATERIAL
assemblee-nationale.fr/12/propositions/pion3723.asp (French)
freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/129/Media/Unintended_Consequences.pdf
ag.gov.au/CrimeAndCorruption/Firearms/Documents/2017-national-firearms-agreement.pdf
m.europarl.europa.eu/EPMobile/en/news/product.htm?reference=20170126BKG59909&l=en

New pastebin: pastebin.com/guCESAtx

bump

'Ave a bump m8

bump with patriotic fervor

Bump we wont give them up

Thanks for the bumping!

>Gun control

Stop reading there faggot. Also sage

You know I've wondered, could Kriss make the vector even more compact if they moved the recoil spring and bolt assembly in front of the magazine, and put the magazine where the bolt is?
Maybe this could let the barrel be pushed back about another inch, or get another inch of barrel length

Also, maybe here's a discussion question:
What do you think would happen if there were suddenly an alternative to chemical-propelled firearms, such as railguns or coilguns, that worked effectively enough to compete with regular firearms?
Specifically, if these alternative projectile weapons were relatively easier to make, resource-wise (i.e. you dont have to be a PhD in chemistry to make the propellant), would patriots/rebels in nations other than America try to make them to defend themselves?

This is obviously a pro-guns thread you flaming faggot, I didn't list any pro-gun control sources and explicitly explained in the OP why citizens should have access to guns
Go learn how to read

Something I've genuinely never been able to get my head around is how there are any laws that limit arms ownership at all. The constitution says "shall not be infringed". And yet we have shitloads of laws. Are there actually legitimate arguments for these within the law? Can anyone enlighten me on the technical details of this?

Trump should pass an Executive Order overruling the Hughes Amendment and requiring the ATF to reopen the machinegun registry.
Normally, he wouldn't have that authority to do that, but the Hughes Amendment itself never actually passed the House. It's totally illegitimate and the case could easily be made to back up Trump and have the amendment tossed out entirely if the courts came after him for it.
youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ

>This is obviously a pro-guns thread you flaming faggot, I didn't list any pro-gun control
>gun control
Stopped reading there.

I truly have no idea, probably because we are in a generation of pansies who hate to be in control and would rather let the state handle the entire defence thing.

Well I'm sorry you have such a short attention span, it must be a pain in your everyday life.

>tfw nogunz

>Well I'm sorry
Stopped reading there, but thank you for apologizing.

>The constitution says "shall not be infringed". And yet we have shitloads of laws.
It's simple. They absolutely don't give a shit about what the Constitution says, because even if they blatantly violate it, nothing bad will happen to them. There are no real consequences for violating the Constitution.

Except when they think Trump might have done something unconstitutional, at which point the constitution suddenly becomes extremely important
They're a bunch of hypocrites

Of course there are. They do their work by being subtle and slowly degrading liberties over time.

If they just went for an outright ban/confiscation tomorrow, it would cause WWIII.

Is there any drawfag here who could design a logo for the threads?
Also, here's the last thread:

Glad I don't live in Maryland

What's written doesn't matter, who reads is what matters.
Your beautiful constitution has been raped a long time.

Neat

>There are no real consequences for violating the Constitution.
its called Treason and its defined in the Constitution.

the real problem is that nobody will hold them accountable.

Do you think that with Trump's pick for the supreme court, they can deem all of California's gun laws unconstitutional?

I really hope Le Pen wins so we can get better gun rights, the only deputés that defended guns in the EU parliament were the FN
Le Pen also is a sports shooter herself she is our only hope
Vote FN!

Fucking please

Save us from this fresh hell, Saint Gorsuch

I really hope for you guys, but since the NRA endorses him it can only be good