So since white people won't be taking their farming jobs and we're getting rid of undocumented immigrants...

So since white people won't be taking their farming jobs and we're getting rid of undocumented immigrants, who's going to be doing this labor and how are farmers who can't even scrape by going to suddenly pay white people higher wages for worse output?
Also reminder that trump creating a trade war with Mexico and making Mexico out to be an enemy means that Mexicans are going to buy fewer American products and our own American companies will suffer, Mexico is one of the biggest territories for many American companies and due to the way we're treating them now, Mexicans are already buying less of our products.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5wCWNs74264
google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2013/05/15/north-carolina-needed-6500-farm-workers-only-7-americans-stuck-it-out/?client=safari
wenatcheeworld.com/news/2011/oct/18/orchards-appeal-for-picker-help/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_labour#United_States
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Try going on a diet XD

Use machines you fag.
We dont need a shitload of slave workers to pick food here. Big companies are just greedy

The Mexicans will be picking those crops in their own countries that way they can't moan about having no jobs.

Crops that can be easily mechanised will be grown in the west.

Now build wall Paco.

Where is the hook ?
I see the bait but where's the hook ?

Dub dub.

How are farmers who can't make a living going to afford machines?
Now white people are going to say machines are taking their jobs when again, they just literally won't do this sort of labor

That's really weird.

Most small to medium-sized farms here are managed and worked by white people.
It's mostly a family office passed through the generations.

Sounds like they need to increase wages so that it's a more attractive job or advertise instead of banking on the hopes that you can pick up some illegals.

>no one legal showed up
>labour is obviously worth more then what they are paying
>pay more
>more legal show up

>minimum wage problem fixes itself without illegals undermining job wages

>capitalism wins again, for everyone.

The age of automatization is coming. Most of these workforce would have benn jobless in a decade

Machines or farmers will have to stop being kikes and pay a wage that isn't slave tier

>workers aren't getting paid enough
>import more illegals because theyre the only ones working for slave wages
librulz

So basically the work conditions were terrible?

b-but then I'll have to pay 2¢ more for avocados

sounds like you're fucked america. I'm going to watch your downfall with great glee, like the rest of the world

Every empire has its time and you're nearing your miserable end. I hope chinks fuck you up completely while your conman spews shit on your acne ridden ears

In normal countries, little farmers are buying machines together to lower the costs. Or just ask for subsidies. Thé US government is fond of them

How are they going to do that? Small/medium sized farms aren't exactly rolling in cash. I'm sure many would love to pay their workers more, Trump is the one who wants to get rid of the minimum wage and have us working slave wages at large companies

Than eat one less avacado a year

oh no, farmers will be forced to pay actual wages when all the illegals are gone! That's so terrible!

Then plant and manage less crops if you cant handle it. The US doesnt give a fuck about your crop if you cant hire actual workers who arent on slave wages. We made this mistake once with the retarded south.

Wtf I love the illegal brown mestizos now

You're going back

The US government is too balls deep in corn subsidies to corporations to give a shit.

So basically white people are pussies lol

Migrants. Not illegals.

If wages go up, then prices for the product will go up slightly to allow for the increased cost of production. It's very basic supply and demand.

They go out of business and starve

This.
Getting out while I have the chance

The machinery needed for farmwork is fairly cheap. It is cheaper to buy one machine than hire five people at minimum wage.

The whole point of hiring illegal workers is that they don't have to pay them minimum wage, and thus, they can hire hundreds for the price of one industrial tractor. These farms are not interested in hiring legal immigrants, either, as people who are legally in the country have rights and thus would have to be paid minimum wage.

Kicks out the nigs and the spics,less lazy people,less food.Amerilards lose weight,the ones who dont work starve..
A win-win situation.

No, we're not lazy cucks who have to rely on temporary manual labor jobs for 5 dollars an hour.

Shoo, shoo, Paco.

Americans won't work for illegal immigrant wages. The fucking illegals can only live 20 to a house, they all pop out a couple dozen ninos and get them welfare, use county hospital ERs as their primary care, they drops their beaner babies off at our schools so they can go get DUIs and cash their uninsured cars.

Wages have been stagnant in the US since the late 80s. Getting rid of these leaches will help wages start to rise.

By letting the prices return to the normal market level absent large numbers of illegal mestizos depressing wages.

>I'm sure many would love to pay their workers more

Heh. No.

>b-but legal residents don't want to do farm work!
>ignore that illegals are paid below minimum wage
>ignore that illegals are off the books so no payroll tax
>ignore that illegals are off the books so no legal obligation to provide health insurance
>ignore that illegals don't get workers comp
>ignore that illegals can't report their employer for mistreatment
>Ignore that all these things make wages for these jobs stay at rock bottom, forces legal residents to work for shit wages. Also, incentivizes the farmers to use loopholes to reduce benefits. All making only the truly desperate stay.

there was no mention of the workers' race

It's North Carolina, so most of them were probably niggers

I don't want some dirty spic touching my crops anyway

And then fewer will be purchased due to increased prices or the ones made by factory farms will sell more and independant farmers will once again be fucked over. Thanks trump

Its the south, using slave labor is in their blood

I'm white lol
Nah, getting rid of them will lead to a collapse in our agricultural economy.

Then the independent farmers will move to a different crop. This is how the free market works, Paco. We have no need for your people.

Just watched a program about migrant farm workers in Californiawho pick tomatoes. They can make $150 a day if they're good pickers. Six days a week would be $900 a week. That's more than most millennials make with a college degree nowadays

The problem is the welfare system. We need to stop supporting (food, housing, healthcare) the lazy. People will work if they are hungry.

>Mexican immigrants are inherently better / more hardworking / less prideful than Americans because they do jobs Americans refuse to do

>Mexican immigrants are just like you or me, goy, they will completely become an indistinguishable part of the nation

hmmmm

>Let's be clear
>No honey
>White
>Period
Really puts my cortex into a deep activated state

You realize that the majority of the affected farms are in California, right? They pick an exception in a red state as part of the Pathos appeal.

It isn't working.

Avocados are a perfectly inelastic good, remember? You people made that QUITE clear back when we were discussing the prospects of a trade war with Mexico.

You're not white. You're calling white people pussies and crying about muh immigrants.

If a crop can't be produced without using slave wages, then it won't be on the market.

>breaking news: when you systematically drive down wages in a sector for 20+ years by paying cash in hand to illegals, locals will no longer even attempt to compete
>more at 11

These wages are above minimum wage but white people didn't want to do the work.

Robots.

who gon pick yo cotton now, whyte boy?
Drumpf btfo!

>paying absolute minimum wage for a shit job because you know illegals will work for 4/hour while Americans want 15
>build your entire business and life around this
>don't save anything and create infrastructure based around illegals
Absolutely retarded

I am white, I can call white people pussies if I want to because it's true

Automization or by giving the unemployed incentives to do said jobs.

The former is the inevitable future of farming unfortunately.

Where is this HUGE working below poverty wages MEME from ? I hear it everywhere and it's straight up bullshit.

I live in Washington State.

There are way over 100,000 picker, washer, packer jobs in the Apple, Pear and Cherry industry.
there are over 15,000 jobs in my small town of 35,000. No shit! There are over 8 towns around me with 20,000 more jobs in frozen foods/processing.

Any illegal can arrive here and on day 1 get free housing, $12.50 an hour, free medical, and free food. They also get free language classes and schooling for thier children. Thier kids get free clothes and free school breakfast and lunch.

They then can get a tax id with that driver's license and claim on their taxes EVERY single relative (including uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, grandmothers, grandfathers etc etc) and get tax returns in the $10,000 plus area.

At the end of the season they get a bonus in the multiple $1000's area.. then they drive their cars down to El Paso, cross over and then onto Jalisco for a well needed vacation in Puerto Vallarta. That is fucking reality.

NO ONE is working for sub minimum wage..

Oh look, it's another illegal indentured servitude apologist thread

Farmers will raise their wages and Americans would then be able to work those jobs, it's that simple Juan

>breaking news: even when offered living wages as in the op pic, white people still won't farm

And again it's to prop up industries that are losing ground in the world market anyway. We tried to keep the cotton in America despite not being able to compete with the prices of shit tier contries making cotton and now we have to deal with niggers for the rest of eternity.
If the price to keep America from turning totally brown and leaving all future generations with a shit deal is importing fruit rather than producing it locally, then so be it

Why do liberals keep pushing this idea of slave labor?

What corporation is disseminating this pro illegal alien propaganda. If it sucks that bad get prisoners to do it.

Americans aren't going to pick fruit for 7 cents/day, we arent dumb like Mexicans

>no-one wants the work
>farmers forced to pay more
>your lettuce cost 8 cents more
meanwhile...
>your kids aren't on drugs
>you have a job
>welfare isn't systematically undermined
>no-one stands on your lawn
I don't see the problem. Also...do the beaners threatening the US with massive agricultural economic collapse not realise America has mothballed shitloads of obsolete farm equipment?

>white people are pussies because they won't pick tomatoes for $3.00 an hour

I'm not sure pussy is the right word...

pay more dumbfuck.

Labour is subject to the forces of supply and demand as is any other good. If not enough people are willing to do the job at a given wage, its time to raise the wage - not go get illegals. Will this raise the price of farm goods? Yes. But society would be better off paying marginally more for goods and having a gainfully employed population than outsourcing illegal slave labour.

>Hey guys hiring over at GH farms
>Below minimum wage cash pay
>10 hour days
>One 10 minute break

>Well its been three days better go down to home depot and get some illegals fucking americans arent willing to do the work

Trump may be using what is essentially slave labor to build his wall. They're discussing using inmates to do the work so someone arrested for pot will have to work without pay on his dumb wall just so he can avoid it being higher than 30 billion

Illegal Aliens Claim BILLIONS in Fraudulent IRS Child Tax Credits
youtu.be/5wCWNs74264

The when the mother has a baby, she divorces the husband and he stays in the household and is claimed as another dependent...

Oh the small farmer meme. Guess what they hardly exist when it comes to fruits and vegetables. It's giant multinational corporations that do it. Guess what they can and will afford those machines.

It's not that simple actually, farmers can't afford to raise the wages

>period.

i keep seeing this shit everywhere i still don't know why does it mean anything

Right, they do for a nickle what a nigger does for a dime and what a white man used to get a quarter for.

Americans aren't convinced and I highly doubt those wages Juan

This. Before US borders became a sad joke, migrant workers would come in for the picking season, then go back to their families with the money they earned.

Spare me the sob story, OP. ("Oh no! If you don't give in to my political views you'll all suffer horribly!")

We have hydroponics, robotics, high school teens - there's better solutions everywhere. With hydroponics, we can grow the same amount in a much smaller, ergonomic space and crops harvested by two technicians. Teens need after school jobs in the meantime - lazy kids. And robotics is advanced enough to handle a lot of it.

Welcome to the new age.

Nah, the south is pushing that idea. Republicans are pushing slave inmate labor for building the wall

I'm not defending paying less than minimum wage, I think they should be paid above minimum wage but even when paid above minimum, White people won't take these jobs.

A market that depends on crime and illegal labor is unsustainable and immoral.

Slaves, Sharecroppers, illegals. Some things never seem to change.

>They're discussing using inmates to do the work
Good, that'll make some of them think and try not to go back into he system.

They won't do it for 9 dollars an hour either

Oh yeah, what's the wage, mate?

The firm I'm working for is acting for a few 7/11 workers at the moment. They've been declaring that they work 7.5 hr days when they work 15 hrs a shift because of their visa conditions. They also pay back money from the wages they receive to the indian franchise owner because he threatens to stir up immigration trouble for them.

What's on the books is often a deliberate concoction. These people aren't being brought in for charitable reasons - they're cheap cannon fodder. I'd be surprised if they aren't working min 15hrs a day six days a week picking fruit for $5 an hour (if that). Meanwhile the farmer has a few on staff with papers that are declaring their income as being higher than what they're receiving so that the farmer can hide the amounts paid to the illegals - all being done by way of undue influence.

in other words, in a vacuum the free market doesn't support that farming business

Above example had them paid above minimum wage, they still wouldn't do it

You're right, I do it for 10. Faggot.

Source.

>slave labor for being caught with an ounce of weed
>good
Literally kys

Not in combination with huge retailers with immense bargaining power (see Coles, Woolworths and dairy farmers in Aus for something closer to home).

Robots can do the job of the illegal immigrants, no? And I doubt that Americans do not want the robotics jobs that go with the automation of agribusiness.

The jobs aren't worth taking because there are available migrants that will put up with more shit than an American should have to to keep a low paying job.

Also the presence of so many migrants doing the jobs makes it like moving to a foreign country - for a lousy job where you work hard for little money.

The migrants can and do send their money home where the value to them of that money is multiplied by lower cost of living.

They become relatively wealthy with their modest pay which multiplies their motivation to earn it. They are willing to work harder for the modest pay because it is worth more to them.

The pay these people earn could not do that for an American - they could not be made relatively wealthy - the only kind of wealthy that matters for happiness once you have enough to eat.

An American would be laughed at for working so hard for so little - everyone else is working for minimum wage in air conditioned Wal*Marts and letting the government make up the difference between that wage and enough to live on in the area.

But take the migrants away and then the farms are faced with the choice between paying workers more and treating them better or going out of business.

Take government gimmes away and Americans are motivated to migrate to farms and work.

Who would object to poor Americans being incentivized to work these fields rather than being given government gimmes?

Whoa, its not like there are work visas built especially for this situation, that is perfectly legal.

Really makes you think...

Take it up the ass Farm Subside special interest :D

Take it so far up your ass you never find it again.

niggers worked the fields before, can do it again!

Slave labor isn't a harsh enough punishment. Anyone caught with any amount of cannabis should be executed on the spot.

The obvious counterargument to this analysis is that there are, by definition, no jobs Americans won't do no matter what. If agricultural labor paid $100 an hour, people would be lining up to take these jobs. So the alternative to foreign work, by this line of reasoning, isn't that these jobs are just disappearing, but them being offered at a higher wage.

It's not so clear that's the case here. For one thing, Clemens looks at a labor market where employers are only using legal labor, which under the H-2A regulations means they have to pay the same wage to native and non-native laborers (a wage set by the government, according to the type of work and the geographic area where it's being done), and thus can't benefit from paying lower wages to migrant workers. If even under that standard, Americans aren't applying for the jobs, even when they have automatic preference over foreign workers, that tells you Americans are really avoiding them.
google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2013/05/15/north-carolina-needed-6500-farm-workers-only-7-americans-stuck-it-out/?client=safari

Call Workforce in Washington State and ask them what the picker wages are...

doubt all you want.. I know it because almost everyone here has work picking apples and cherries.

wenatcheeworld.com/news/2011/oct/18/orchards-appeal-for-picker-help/

>people don't take certain jobs with depressed wages due to illegal labor supply
>the wages don't get adjusted due to illegal labor supply
>hurr white people won't take these jobs no matter what
reminder that Marxists never really understand supply and demand

>knowingly breaking the law
>not expecting to be punished by law
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_labour#United_States

If it's not legal in your state, don't have weed on you dipshit.

See

>lowering the minimum wage is slavery
>we need immigrants who will work less than the minimum wage

Again, you get it wrong, no one has any problem with legal migrants.

Secondly i have always said it, the migrants are the US slave caste, every nation has them, but the migrants are ours.

I will add that in Mice and Men, the farm workers were white.

Now those same guys is a welfare NEET wanking all day to My Little Pony.