Why the FUDGE do American posters feel they have a right to complain about property prices when homes in the US are so...

Why the FUDGE do American posters feel they have a right to complain about property prices when homes in the US are so cheap?

Pic related, in my country this would cost a minimum of $180,000 regardless of location.

Yeah but the price you pay for cheap housing is living in a majority non-white country.

Swings and roundabouts.

Damn, that ain't half bad.

Ummm, nice try (and nice proxy), but Maine is pretty much 100% white.

Right!?

Why do you post this like every other day?

Why don't you admit that you are living life on easy-mode?

It depends on the area. Where I live, that home would probably cost at least $200,000 as well.

This house is a very carefully cherry picked exception. I live in the middle of Indiana and where I am that house would cost me at least 100k.

That literally isn't the point. If this house was on sale ANYWHERE in the United Kingdom, it would cost over $250,000.

And before you sperg out and say "muh landsize", look at Denmark, which is one of the smallest nations in Europe but has the largest average house sizes and very affordable houses.

>very carefully cherry picked exception

Umm, no it isn't. I could find you hundreds of amazing, fantastic homes like this for sale across the United States for similar prices.

>at least 100k

You think that's bad? You're retarded.

Blame the jews

5 bedrooms and 1 bathroom? Good lord.

Why the fuck do you make this dumb thread every day?

>one bathroom

Oh yeah? Well you have bad teeth.

America is a big country. If you want to live way out in the country, in a town with a population of less than 1000, which is about 1 hr 30 minutes from the nearest "large" town of 33,000, then yes, there are cheap houses in places like Bingham, Maine. The problem will be making a living in a place like that, and I think most people will find that the job availability just isn't there, so $55,000, unless you're bringing a lot of outside money that you can live on for years, is a fair price for that house.

One bedroom for you and your wife (male), one bedroom for your son, another for your daughter, which leaves one spare for visiting family / friends, and one for a refugee.

most houses in an area worth living in are well over $500k

Everyday until your privilege is thoroughly checked.

Every day until you learn your lesson.

>ANYWHERE in the United Kingdom
If that home were on sale anywhere in the United States that has a standard of living anywhere close to the places in the UK you'd pick from, then it would cost the same amount.
>>Umm, no it isn't. I could find you hundreds of amazing, fantastic homes like this for sale across the United States for similar prices.
Yes, "across" the United States. Not in places that are desirable to live.

Take this shit to Sup Forums

>fudge
Get out reddit

Every day it's a lie, too. No way that house costs 55k. That's fucking retarded. Land isn't that cheap

>Hurr durr I'm talking about houses
no that's fucking jewshit. a little wooden box built on stone has no value. You're paying for LAND and there's no way someone is giving that plot away for 55k.

ITT: Butthurt europoors

>cut grass
>wash cars
>fill online surveys for 12 hours a day at home
>sell stuff on ebay
>make arts and crafts
>walk dogs

If all you need to make each month is $450 then it's easy, whether you're in Alaska or Bingham, Maine.

Bro those cheap houses are out in butt fuck nowhere. You'd have to drive a long ass way to work

It's really bad.

why does the same stupid bong keep posting this thread every single day?

yea it's a cheap house but you're going to pay property tax based on the assessed value not the sale price so you get it for $55k and then you're paying like $12k/year every year for property tax and obviously you can't just flip this house since it's cheap for a reason to begin with.

Is that what the realtor told you, Mr Chin?

>Bingham is a town in Somerset County, Maine, in the United States. The population was 922 at the 2010 census. Bingham is a historic town located beside the Kennebec River.

Wow a town with a population of less than 1,000 had low property values. What a shocker.

kek

>desirable to live

For degenerates like yourself I'm sure that means New York, LA, Houston, Seattle and San Francisco. In reality, if you are intelligent and emotionally self-sufficient then you can live practically anywhere without longing for traffic, homelesness, crime and ethnic warfare.

Excellent slide thread faggot.

JUST
U
S
T

>every day it's a lie

Google it and you'll see it's the truth: 36 Owens St,
Bingham, ME 04920

Hard to take, huh?

fuck you op

we burgers are struggling as much as anyone

>$1 million home
>only 5 bedrooms
>1 mile away from central austin tx
>not even 8,000 sq ft
>not even a full acre of land

fuck my life

Exactly 100 miles from the nearest town sure. Montana has cheap land. As does Alaska. But no one in their right mind wants to do that.

>he doesn't work from home

Nice assumption grandad

I'll take piss bottles for $2000

im 4th generation canadian you shitfucker

sure you can find houses for under $250k but then you have to spend at least an hour on the road everytime you want to visit the nearest store.

>investing in suburban home
Are you retarded? Get an apartment in the city.

>not having more than three kids

Jesus Britain.

that home would cost $180k in my city as well. I fucking hate cities. my engineering degree was a mistake. all the jobs are concentrated in large cities with exorbitant cost of living that completely wash out the extra salary of being a mechanical engineer.

>Maine
enjoy having nothing within 20 miles of your house. A lot of the boonie areas don't even get phone reception.

Yeah fuck you OP I'm paying $3,200 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment in DC.

Can you please stop making this thread all the time you fucking retard?

The fact that you think Bingham, Maine is somehow habitable shows how little you know about the US, bongfriend. That's so far inland that all you have around you are mosquitoes and pill addicts. There probably isn't a real store within an hour's drive, just a gas station and maybe a small diner. Population 922, 20% of the population lives under the poverty line. The only thing going for Bingham is that it's on the Kennebec.

Seriously, living north of Waterville is for nutcases and drug addicts. The North Woods are weird and dangerous.

> t. Born in Maine, living in Exile.

That house was built in 1920. About a 50/50 chance it didn't even have indoor plumbing when it was built.

That's a lot of money in a place like Bingham.

Probably a foreclosed home. I'm still jealous. $215 a month is fucking amazing. In Toronto you pay around $1400+ a month for a fucking 1 bedroom apartment.

Trying to buy a house in NJ where I work

>Find affordable house with garage and yard
>Mortgage and down payment no problem
>Fucking $9800 a year in property tax

Fuck me

I have great credit so the mortgage is cheaper than renting but the damn tax drives it up so high

>tfw live in Stockton CA
have mercy

But see, we aren't your country... we're the motherfucking United States of America.

MAYBE if you were concerned about housing prices as much as we are, you wouldn't be in the shit hole your in right now.

MAYBE you should adopt a capitalistic and market driven system that keeps house prices low.

Sounds cozy desu but the problem obviously is you can't find work without commuting 3 hours a day or doing something from home.

Isn't that what freedom is? Your own piece of land with nobody telling you what you can or can't do? You can shoot your gun in the air without noise complaints from the neighbors.

And of course the money you need to survive will just rain down from heaven, a gift from jebus.

Ohhhhh so you're one of those idiots who kept calling in to our support line asking about homes for dirt cheap. Not all info is accurate on zillow, trulia, or homes.com. If you want accuracy stick to realtor.com

now gtfo of my underwater yoga

facesitting forum.

>spend at least an hour on the road everytime you want to visit the nearest store
this is attractive to me. i'm actually rounding out a 5-year plan to purchase a rural home in michigan's upper peninsula (copper harbor/keewenaw peninsula area)

this

Muricans have a lot of space , all migrants it could take

You in Hongcouver or Toronto?

In Montreal, houses in the suburbs are pretty inexpensive

But you get free healthcare college and no guns making England the safest most productive country on the planet ;)

Bro, no, no it wouldn't cost that much.
Houses in Europe are not wooden shacks, they are made of stone and concrete or bricks and concrete and are enforced by steel or other kinds of metal which is why they cost that much.
if you look at any fucking YP or realestate pages and look at houses made '''''american style'''''' they will usually be cheap as fuck.
go google right now and be amazed

Da fuq? Did you buy a million dollar home, or is that tax rate insane? Property taxes around 1% of appraised value here.

>this thread again

fuck off faggot

>>cut grass
Owners do it themselves
>>wash cars
What?
>>fill online surveys for 12 hours a day at home
Pleb-tier but sure
>>sell stuff on ebay
More pleb tier
>>make arts and crafts
This is about the only thing that happens up their that isn't black market
>>walk dogs
You're a fucking yuppy if you can pay someone to play with your dog.

You've clearly never been to Maine. Fuck off, we're full.

Depends on where you live, OP.
Maine is a broad northern countryside, things tend to be cheaper.

Where I'm from in central Kentucky you can buy a two story home, or a one story with a basement and good amount of land for $100k. If you go towards cities it gets more expensive. The trade off is driving 15 miles to school or work, 25 miles to the closest Walmart or Kroger for groceries. You aren't near anything that more urban areas have, but some people like it, myself included.

Another thing to consider is cost of living and average income. Both tend to be higher in cities and lower in the countryside. So if you drive to work 15 miles one way for a good job, it's not a big deal at all. People don't seem to understand that a giant house isn't really a cheap thing, and by giant I'm not talking about pic related. When Boomers buy a house and hold onto it and the property while everything else is built up around it into a city, it's value increases a lot. Nothing around = cheap.

for real though, look how close it is to the neighbors
I fucking hate suburbs, you have a house and can't even be loud in it after dark

Fuck off, retard. Where I live a house like that would cost at least $300-400 thousand.

Have fun living life on easy mode at the expensive of living in a nanny state shithole, faggot.

My house is that size and cost me nearly 700k to live close enough a dindu hive that the crime is 4 x the average

Murica

Fuck off you silly potato, I just sold a 86m2 apartment here in Denmark for more than 330.000 British pounds. And that is still considered fairly cheap.

To do most of these things, you need to live in a place where people are too busy to mow lawns, wash cars or walk their dogs. And being busy means getting rich.

Thing is, in the middle of fucking nowhere, people are often neither rich nor busy.

You mean one bedroom for a your wife's boy-toy black man.

>suburban home

Bingham.
Suburb.
Seriously?

>freedom

No, it's the constant worry that your heroin-addict neighbor is going to climb through a window, butcher you and take your TV for a fix. Places like Bingham are where Steven King got the Shining from. They are the rural equivalent of inner city ghettos but with more drugs and mental illness. Fuck that noise.

There's a river across the street... The area is beautiful.

The fuck? Why are you complaining, nigger? Move there!

So basically living off the grid?

Sweet.

>just stop, faggot

Where are you going to work in maine?

>fudge

Kiddo, you're a bit young to be here

Youre an idiot you dont know what problems need to be fixed on the house and stop posting the same thread

No, it's in town so it's on a shitty grid with over a meter of snow on the ground for 6 months and clouds of mosquitoes the other six.

I see these threads and never reply but since I'm familiar with the area, I can tell you it's shit and more shit up there.

The only person I know that lives in that area, he's maybe 30 miles away, lives up there because he burned his old house in southern Maine down because he learned he was a cuck-child and couldn't handle the fact that his false grandfather had raped him his whole childhood. That part of Maine is full of damaged goods. Anyone that can gets out.

Where I live that would cost $700,000 easy

Dilapidated. Likely on a flood plain. Insurance will cost as must as the mortgage.

Go ahead and buy it though! Maybe you can flip it before the Army Corps of Engineers floods that river to save a few fishes.

>the Army Corps of Engineers floods that river to save a few fishes.

Only possible good outcome.

Fucking faggot bitch thinks 100k isnt alot fucking faggot bitch thinks making payments on a house for 30 years isnt a bad thing.

Call me an idiot, but is that house $999000, or just $999

>1 million for a busted driveway that hasn't had a soil test in eons; which means the foundation of the house is likely just as faulty.

Looks like Christina and Tarek just found their next project.

>tfw starting my carreer
>getting taxed out the ass
>just dont apply for social (gubment supported) renting, private renting starts at more than half my salary and the house market is collapsing

>tfw I got a good job but Im forced to live at home because anything else costs half my salary

Where should I move to not live like a rat in a cage?

And in Finland, you get soviet cube with that price. When Euro gets rekt?

See:
Jesus I thought Americans were supposed to be entrepreneurial?

>1 mile away from central austin tx
There's your problem, dude. People assume there's value in living next to a city. Often, you'll be bombarded with higher taxes, code regulations that are extreme, and poor community planning that falls through within 3 years of HOA/DRC formation. If that house is in a neighborhood, it's likely the rec center/pools/playgrounds are in shit shape already.

You either:
Live away a bit and get something that's affordable and livable.
or
Live closer to town and downgrade livability for a higher cost.

As your image states, madness. Get away a bit, and in 10 years, sell for 1.5 times what you bought it for. 15 years, you could almost certainly double unless the area when to shit or had a recent HUD development nearby.

Real estate is a white man's game. You fuckers need to learn how to play it.

Go back to Suriname

>posts a home near the Golden Road
>doesn't realize it's in the middle of nowhere
there are towns up here that don't have names because we're so far removed from civilization.

But I don't like niggers

One word. Ill even caps it. ENTITLEMENT. I was raised well and had to earn privilages. Come to a college in the US. Its seriously sickening that theres this mentality of "why should i have to work to earn a living" in many people.

>he thinks this is a bad thing

This is the third time youve made this thread. STOP REPLYING TO SLIDE THREADS

>The North Woods are weird and dangerous.
Got any good stories user?