Why are some millenials and gen z people so militantly anti weed?

why are some millenials and gen z people so militantly anti weed?

i mean, gen x and boomers, even if they don't smoke themselves, usually don't condemn it as pure degeneracy and physically harmful. at most they'll say you get burnt out or its a gateway drug.

charges of "degeneracy" thrown around and seeing people who seem to think their friend who smoked weed in high school is the same as a crack addict isn't uncommon on here.

who else sick of /outrage culture/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/debellcohi00stra
youtube.com/watch?v=G4hC-PUCuxA
livescience.com/9008-marijuana-suppresses-immune-system.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't think that's the case. I just think there's a lot of us that grew the fuck up and have better things to do with our time, thoughts, and money than smoke a bowl. It used to be fun, but now it's just more hassle than it's worth.

Probably mostly a result of the health class D.A.R.E. program. You know, when a cop would come in and show 10-12 year olds pictures and brain scans of meth heads and crack addicts and say "THIS ALL STARTED WITH JUST ONE JOINT" because you know nothing else led to these people making bad decisions.

i suppose its a vocal minority.

anyone who thinks weed is a detriment to society or anything is either cherry picking stoners to favor their arguments or are ignorant.

common consensus says that in moderation, WEED DID NOTHING WRONG

So why bother condemning others for using it?

Actually my DARE instructor, who was the county sherriff, glossed over mari jew wanna (his pronunciation) and said nothing at all bad about it.

this is the exception, not the rule though.

It's not a vocal minority. Denounce weed or GTFO

Nah fuck off you spook

>purity spiraling this hard

you are like a little babby

Chaos.

It's part of a larger strategy to never allow the political left to discern our motivations and plans.

Some Famiano Strada for your time: archive.org/details/debellcohi00stra

Lots of data supporting surge in cases of depression, anxiety and schizophrenia related to chronic cannabis consumption during teenage years.That shit ain't harmless, I don't care what those potheads are saying, it turns you into a fucking slob.

Weed is for the untermensch

It's not about the outrage, just the shaking of heads at the stupidity over the fucking plant over the past ten years.

420chan was a perfect encapsulation of said "culture." I really don't care if you smoke n' toke. I wouldn't mind doing it myself if I didn't have other things going on that wouldn't mesh well with it. But running your life (outside work) on smoking weed is just sad.

Weed makes you find with being bored, and that's okay. But eventually, you'll get tired of being bored, go sober for a week, look around and wonder where your life went. For many this isn't the case, because they have self-restraint.

For everyone else, DDDDUUUUUDE WEEEEEED LMFAO!!1!

That's this millennial's take on it.

are you suggesting that the majority of these weed bashers are doing it for a political agenda and not that they've been brainwashed by Sup Forums?

the medical benefits obviously outweigh the downsides. and the downsides mostly just come with abuse.

not an argument

plenty of able bodied non slob people smoke weed, most likely, they were slobs anyway before weed.

your dna is diluting at eyesight
what are you talking about?

if you dont smoke weed you are most likely a nu-male faggot. i have never met a real man that didnt smoke pot, just yankees and r/atheist types.

>inb4 Sup Forums thinks their mommys boyfriends or their liberal college are an accurate representation of pot smokers

very sad how deluded the anti-weed faggots are, along with how mad they seem to get about it.

i'm curious why they cherry pick the worst of the "stoners" and just run with it instead of seeing that people from all walks of life smoke.

agreed, they're kind of like fedora tippers

i honestly get triggered by the quentin meme

youtube.com/watch?v=G4hC-PUCuxA

The green Jew will turn you into an undisciplined slob of a pig, and unfathomably stupid/unrealistic. Its illegal worldwide for a reason. Inb4 B-B-ALCOHOl?

>But eventually, you'll get tired of being bored, go sober for a week, look around and wonder where your life went.
How can you know this when you've never had the experience? You're assuming things you don't understand.

only if you have a ridiculously weak mind.

do you even know why its illegal?

they know everything dontcha know? if we all lived and believed like htem, there would be world peace!

Yes, yes. Put that money in the hands of the cartels and terrorists. We can't have people helping the economy.

It's just the right's equivalent of the loudmouth leftist that is void of all rational thought and doesn't vote but complains anyway.

If weed was so downright evil and disastrous then the kikes wouldn't have made illegal to protect their timber investments after it was legal in the west for almost a century.

I find that people who are viciously against cannabis legalization know almost nothing about it. A neighbor of mine who was once in the DEA wants it legalized and regulated so we can take away the number one source of income for all the cartels. Weed is how they fund the methods for all their other horrific shit and the numbers coming out of every state that's legalized it don't lie.

What's more pathetic is these brainless crybabies usually drink or tolerate drinking, which significantly worse for you by any stretch of the imagination.

TL;DR

Vocal crybaby minority with the same mental capacity as the left crybabies. The simply reject reality and substitute it with fantasy. Which has worked literally never.

yes, yes, give it DIRECTLY to the jews. genious!

such hypocrites, i see why its easy to fall into believing the horseshoe meme

Not everybody's gonna be an astronaut.

The jews were the ones who made it illegal in the first place, you brainwashed kikelover.

Because those are the people I see everyday. Every fucking day. I know perfectly well that a lot of people have self-restraint, but I know that far too many do not. I also mentioned this in the same post.

I first started toking in the interim between active duty and rejoining as NG, quitting it once I joined up again. Things were good, had some of the best sleep of my life, and listening to music was absolutely phenomenal. But I don't like dealing with shady people and those tards in college were acting the ass every chance they got, making noise and drawing attention.

Also, assumptions...

>being this delusional

*tips fedora*

Being a psychonaut is just as much fun, and less dangerous.

>Because those are the people I see everyday.
So you're still in high school?

Yeah yeah, assumptions. In legal states the shadiness is almost nonexistant.

As someone who fell for the medical marijuana meme, using it proved to be more detrimental than anything. I got insomnia and increased anxiety from using it almost every day. The medical marijuana system is a huge joke as medical marijuana itself has few legitimate uses.

The way too many dumb stoners and normies tout marijuana as completely harmless is what makes me anti-weed now. I think anybody who is still fixated on weed and think it's the funnest thing in the world is emotionally stunted and seriously has nothing better to do. They also probably have nothing of value worth contributing themselves.

The greatest irony is that the fedora tippers ITT that denounce weed as degenerate and "it makez u lazy!!!!1" are probably lazy fucking NEETs that waste all their time on the internet anyways

No, I just hate stoners.

Post-graduate actually. Work in a Health and Wellness centre providing physical training and nutritional tips for mid-class faggots that assume weed is their gateway to God.

>I got insomnia
sure thing bro

sorry your surround yourself with faggots??? ever thought thats it might be you that has a problem?

People don't often give much thought into why they think things should be banned.

cause Jamal n nem smoke blunts with white girls
kek fucking btfo

>dealing with shady people

This is the number one reason I want it legal.

The fucking scum I've dealt with while trying to get a simple fucking plant is unbelievable. I am a law abiding citizen in every aspect but this one fucking thing, and it's put me in so many situations I would have never been in if I could walk to the fucking store and buy some.

Thankfully it's been legalized in my state and I'll be able to buy some like a normal fucking person soon.

I want to talk to someone with a tie and a selection catalog, not dreadlocks and a loaded gun in their stashbox.

Cool, good for them. I hope it becomes legal, and I hope the tax revenue proves fruitful to the US.

Whenever I smoke more than once in a row I'm caught up in a haze, there's a cloud over my mind that dulls the world around me. I'm sure other smokers can attest to this.

>increased anxiety and insomnia

You were smoking too much sativa when you should have been smoking small amounts of indica

It's been proven to fuck with your sleep cycle, particularly the REM stage. I had the least restful sleep while I was still using marijuana.

Please stop being a faggot and lrn2readingcomprehension.

Weed is a drug that literally turns you into a nigger.

If legalized, I'm confidant that the revenue generated will be effectively doubled due to the elimination of the cannabis black market. Guess we'll see.

It's just poorfags who can't afford the luxury of smoking weed all the time.

Yes, I get that too. That's why you shouldn't smoke every day, and not obviously not before work. If you only smoke on the weekend it is absolutely not detrimental to your life in any way.

Because it turns you into a passive, out of touch slob with little self-awareness. We had a decade of adolescence and another one of early adulthood to observe its effects on human beings.

i suspect you have to be genetically wired to drug abuse if you're unironically smoking weed in 2017.

Cue stoners in denial with memes about "le moderation", and cool stories about their successful lives as Wendy Chefs and Navy SEAL snipers with six figure salaries not in any way impeded by constant indulgence into a psychoactive depressant.

WHY IS EVERY JEW MEDIA IS SUDDENLY SO PRO-WEED, I DUNNO, BECAUSE ITS SO BENEFICIAL MY DUDE

NO CONSPIRACIES WHEN MY FAVOURITE SUBTANCE IS CONCERNED, NO SIR

>why are some millenials and gen z people so militantly anti weed?

Because we've seen first hand what it can do to people and how it makes most chronic users lazy, hedonistic, and have a "I don't care" attitude.

We aren't going anywhere. In fact, you'll see a vocal anti-weed movement from the younger generation in the future.

Yep. Fully agreed. Also tired of the high-school-tier "I'm SOOOO~ hardcore because pot! I'm a rebel! :D" bullshit that keeps getting extended long after its "cool" stage.

No bitch, you're not cool for smoking weed. You're also not a rebel. You are 26, overweight as fuck, dress like a goth, and work in Hot Topic. How you managed to scrap enough money to come here for advice you're not going to take is a mystery.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Weed does not make a dumb person smart and it does not make a smart person dumb. The only problem is psychological addiction, but at that point there is a deeper problem than just marijuana.

I have smoked weed for 18 years now. Still not a degenerate.

I've done both. Smoked every day to not smoking at all to apply for jobs. Weed is just a nice way to chill in the evening after your day is over. No hangover wake up feeling fine and you're off to work.

marijuana is niggershit. By promoting it you promote the destruction of western values, as well as the degeneration of our culture, all while allowing the shit spat out by rappers (niggers) to replace it.

marijuana apologists pls go. Your gf needs you in your cuck shed.

it has its uses, but to build such a toxic culture around that plant and push it into other faces is retarded

I actively avoided sativas after some terrible experiences but indicas and hybrids did not improve my sleep which was the worst part of it for me. I think a perilous aspect of careless prescription of medical marijuana is that there are no real professionals behind the system. Nobody told me what sort of dosage I should be taking and it was clear that medical marijuana was not a fit for my issues. I was trying to use it control anxiety and I ended up with poor quality sleep that exacerbated my anxiety.

I stopped smoking because I was tied of not knowing what I was going to be getting from my dealers, and ofc all the dealer's with any idea were way too expensive. I want weed to be legal so I can fucking choose a strain and not play guessing games with what's gonna make me paranoid or what's gonna make me sleepy as fuck.

Weed has no place here. Based on my friends who smoke a lot its about as addictive as coffee (bro I'm not addicted I just need to smoke a joint every night in order to fall asleep). And its about as pathetic as huffing gasoline. Relying on any substance because it "feeeeels good" is degenerate. Take a cold shower every once in a while and take d3s if you feel sad.

Blue Domina?

I stopped smoking weed years ago but that was some pretty good weed.

i read it fine retard, you just dont have an argument. you decided to surround yourself with faggots because they smoked weed openly and loudly. ever thought that maybe theres people that arent obnoxious or obsessed about it, and that your lack of desire to form non-drug based friendships is why you never knew them?

But drinking is ok?

people hate others who chill.

drug dealers are the fucking worst. this is the reason that weed needs to be legalized. we need businesses, people with legitimacy, not back alley dealers and cut throat killers.

Weed smokers are like Muslims. 3% are okay. The rest can fuck off.

>yfw George Washington and Thomas Jefferson among others had hemp farms

so much for "destruction" of western values considering the people who made this part of the west indulged in it

REMINDER THAT IF YOU ARE ANTI WEED YOU ARE A BOOTLICKING REDDITOR FAGGOT AND DONT BELONG HERE.

ALL DRUGS SHOULD BE LEGAL. Sup Forums IS NOT FOR NANNY-STATIST.

you're friends already have mental problems and they're masquerading it with drugs. really you should just cut these people off because they're not helping themselves.

For someone so adamant about having a strong sense of self-awareness, you seem to be susceptible to long rants about conspiracy and paranoid delusions.

I haven't smoked it in weeks, but if anything it made me more active and wanting to better myself. Didn't change my right wing political stances one bit either.

Smoked way too much when I was younger. Got anxiety, hearing voices that weren't there saying bad stuff about me etc

It just brought out some insecurity issues and magnified it, I didn't feel at ease with people around me at all. Didn't smoke in a year, maybe once or twice on a party when everyone smoked. My life is better now, sharper (crisper??), more focus and so on

It's not that we think you'll get burnt out or that it's a gateway drug; people doing drugs waste their time and money smoking rather than doing something productive. And they smell like shit afterwards.

I tell them that I don't give a shit about their weed, but I think they are wastes because of it.

>tells a grown man what to do
>"fuck off faggot"
>WOW YOU ARE COMPLETELY ADDICTED 100% YOU WONT QUIT EVEN THO I TOLD U TO WTF!!!

nu-males are unsalvageable.

Between a rural childhood, urban college, military, and commuting to a city for work, I've met a lot of pot smokers from a lot of different backgrounds.
I'd put weed at about the same level as alcohol. I don't think I've ever met someone who needed weed the way a smoker needs a cigarette. Most people I've met that smoked would do it the way people drink. Either socially or in a binge once or twice a week in a club/party-like atmosphere. Does it mean they have a problem? No, not really. It's just an expensive way to unwind and get away from life. Like alcohol.
There are certainly some who abused it, like alcohol, to escape from reality seven days a week. Those are people who have a problem. It's not necessarily a problem with weed, so much as their inability to cope with stress. If it weren't weed, it would be something else in those cases.

For ropes, for bags, for paper

Not for toking it up

>drug-based friendships

They're not your friends, faggot. I deal with users every day trying to tell me how good weed is for them. Neat. Uh huh. Sure, buddy.

I just nod my head, give them the best advice I can around their assumptions, and then laugh with my fellows about the stupidity of it all.

I don't care if you smoke. I really, well and truly don't. But stop making your life revolve around it. Shit's not healthy for you, son.

So your personal anecdote should convince us?

As someone who grew up in California and got their Med Card when they were 18, weed is alright. I used to smoke it every day, and it made me super complacent. I was fine with not having a job, not having any hobbies, being with a girl I didn't really like. I was slipping in my classes and I didn't really care.

One time, I got an MIP and was being drug tested for a couple months. Not smoking weed daily was a crazy experience, I had so much energy I felt like I was on Adderall, and after a while I would just get too wound up and anxious. Now, I only smoke when someone passes me a joint or a blunt or offers me a dab. Smoking occasionally will make it way more enjoyable and have positive benefits like motivation and creativity in the short term. Smoking it frequently, however, just leads you to not being able to feel normal without it.

Shut up you fucking kike. Go spread your poorly thought out disinformation elsewhere.

Psychonauts 2 better be fucking good Tim, you lazy fat piece of shit.

holy shit did you even read my post or what dude.

just go back to the reddit if you cant fucking read more that one sentence at a time.

Not as bad as the right says and not as good as the left says

Congrats for having a stable life and a modicum of self-control. Now tell that to all of the other stoners making the legalization process drag and y'all's rep look like utter shit.

Weed was some of the best means of chilling out from a long day at work... but its the process of getting said work that winds up stone-walling people because they smoke something like 5 times a day. And then they bitch to high heaven about US' asinine approach to weed.

Fucking stupid.

The nu-male thing is : To have a beard, to dress like a hobo/hipster, and smoke weed

You got real defensive there, I agree with the guy saying that they mask some problems with the drug abuse, I was the same and it's true

Its very annoying.
I don't think most people take into account moderation.
A lot of people in our generation of a Dude Where's My Car or Harold and Kumar go to white castle feel about it.
I am perfectly capable of smoking once every few weeks.
Sometimes that makes me want to clean and my house looks great afterwards.

t. shill who fell for the herbal jew

The really pro weed faggots and the really anti weed faggots are insecure about their selves, it should be a neutral issue and the medicinal apect of it shouldn't even be controversial at all anymore.

Probably should be legalized and its growth and sale regulated, but hard to actually know what the ramifications would be and few people want to put their ass on the line to find out. There would obviously be an economic benefit for a good deal of people as a new value chain basically springs up shortly after its made legal (entrepreneurs at all levels and the employees they hire as well as support businesses they contract out to). There could be negative cultural impacts, but probably not as much as people think. Degenerates will degenerate regardless of if weed is legal or not. It's just how it is and that's an ugly fact most of you have to deal with. You can't save people from themselves. For example, I absolutely can't smoke it because it impedes my capacity to do my job which requires essentially a near perfect mental state during market hours and for the most part even before and after. It has an absolute negative dollar value impact on my performance and being good at what I do is a point of pride and my livelihood. Legalized or no, I can't smoke it. Meanwhile, a lot of other people however could probably get away with it and it wouldn't affect their capacity to do their job in the slightest and even if it did, they already have no pride in their work so they likely already find ways to sabotage their productivity. Now the problem is what sort of impact it has on the prison/criminal justice industry including police officer hiring/pay, weapons, non-lethal, and other equipment suppliers, attorneys, judges, administration, etc.

incorrect faggot, you dont understand what a nu-male is because youve fallen for memes. its a male who thinks like a women i.e. (YOU).

anybody who is going to go to a protest and talk to you about the benefits of weed is already a lost cause or too young to realize how fucking dumb it is.

Yeah that's what I'm suggesting. I switch up my arguments (ha) depending on the context of the argument and the level of faggotry present.

Total absolute chaos. I micromanage Sup Forums to be completely deceptive and dangerous to outsiders.

I did not say it was the truth. That was my take on it and a few people said the same thing in this thread so there might be a pattern.

Well said.

Fucks up your immune system, leaving your skin full of blotches

livescience.com/9008-marijuana-suppresses-immune-system.html

People who smoke are scum.

yeah its really weird how people dont see a wake-and-bake as a fucked up lifestyle, people who drink as soon as they wake up arent exactly looked at well by most people, even most drunks

Again, learn to spread disinformaton properly if you're even going to waste yours and other people's time doing it, fucking trope piece of shit.

What the fuck did this Muh Ebin Gen Z meme started from? I would like to see some fucking actual studies, not some bullshit """study"""" made on 1000 people.

So far I only see kids spouting back the propaganda they're fed on, considering youtube celebrities as role models and appropiating nigger culture

Your ignorance on the matter is far worse.

Because they feel the need to anchor themselves to an ideology so they parrot what they feel is acceptable to fit in

Theres no nuance anymore