Do you/will you spank your kids?

Do you/will you spank your kids?

nah, my father spanked me and still did shit he didn't want me to

Never

Nah I wouldn't

Ofc

No. my mom spanked my brother but he still never listened or did anything she wants.

I would but only occasionally. If it wasnt working id change my approach.

I would warn them the first time if they do something wrong and tell them why it was wrong.

If they do it again willfully, then yes, a spanking would be administered.

You don't hit dogs to make them do what you want

This. Spanking is for ignorants how can't probably teach their kids from right and wrong.

No, I don't spank my kids.

I don't play that go to your room/time out pussy bullshit either

I give them a right bollocking and then make them sit outside my office at home until I call them in. Then I sit them down at a meeting table and make them explain what they did wrong, tell them this is what's happening (taking toys/vidya, no hanging out with friends) and then make them come up with a plan with me how they can get those privileges back.

My kids have never done something bad twice in a row, they know I'm reasonable so they don't have meltdowns and scream and shout saying they hate me, and they learn how the real world works.

Hitting is for peons too dumb to control their kids, time outs are for cucks too pathetic to control them.

I did. Because what I didn't know at the time, is that science says that kids cant develop reasoning or abstract thinking until around 10 years old. Till then they are entirely running on impulse.
But what I did find out early, is that there are exigent times when you have to send an immediate message to the child that can't be mistaken and wont be forgotten, like if they dash out into traffic or take scissors to the baby. When they need that imprint of physical feedback because the act CANT be repeated. Once you touch a hot stove and get the pain, you learn not to touch a hot stove. But you want your kid not to get his hand burned or be waffled by a soccer mom, so the smack comes in when NEED them to learn something instantly on a very basic and animal level.

Cool zip-off cargo pants

Yea, But not as a problem solver, but as a Punishment for an evil decision.

Great more molymeme threads.
If a puppy goes to bite you smack.

Wouldn't need to, I'm not a moron.

You just said you make them wait outside your office you fucking twat. That would be the time out, your shit might work but get your head out of your ass you fucking mong. Your kids sound like they will be the biggest cucks in the world though, they should do pretty well in the UK.

This is why lesbians are the best parents.

pedagogue here. there is a giant assortment of things you can do to influence your kids to do the right thing and become decent people. violence should be the very last resort to correct a child and should be dished out only once or twice in their life when they are directly ruining it or endangering their future. if you hit your kids to correct them, they get used to the violence and it becomes an ineffective standard. they also develope resentment towards you (which matters when you need their help at old age), trauma's (which results in broken snowflake personalities) and the continuation of abuse of their own kids since they deem it normal of atleast an option.

tl;dr: only when they endanger their lives.

No, my wife disciplines the children. I'm the soft touch.

I'll spank them, but I'll use it sparingly and I won't do anything worse.

Most of the time, shame sufficed for me--my family expressing their disappointment was enough for me to mend my ways. But when I was younger, sometimes spankings were necessary.

They aren't really harmful so much as they sting and they're embarrassing as fuck. The important thing to do is not to leave it alone after you spank your children--you want them to respect that there are consequences, but you don't want them to start to hate or fear you.

Bad behavior warrants punishment, but you need to explain the reasoning behind the punishment too. Kids aren't as stupid as people think they are. And once the punishment is administered, you need to reconcile with your children and let it go.

Never, ever, ever hit your children unless they're as big as you and they swing first.

It's not off the table but generally you can't use violence to get your way in real life so it would be best to try and convince them to do what you want through reason

Degenerates with impulse control have children with degenerate tendencies and impulse control problems. It's not the abuse that makes their kids into abusers, its the genes.

No dog trainer worth jack will tell you to respond to aggression with increased aggression

Nope. molymeme says I shouldn't.

Yes, i got an idea from that "shoot yourself with small caliber bullets to build up tolerance" meme.
Obviously that one doesn't work because of led poisoning, however it should work well enough with punches.
So from the moment he's one I'm going to lightly tap my kid at least once every hour every day, slowly working up the power, eventually adding some blunt weapons onto the mix.
The plan is by the time I'm fifty and I've lost most of my punching power to be able to move to vehicles. At the end I will end my own life at about 70 by kamikazeing a plane into him, this way I'll ensure that there will always be someone to prevent another 9/11 from happening.Do I claim that soft leftists not beating their kids caused 9/11?
Yes I do.

>Spanking is for ignorants how can't probably teach their kids from right and wrong.

Can you teach your dog right from wrong? Dogs don't have the intellect for it, but you can shape their behavior at a more primitive level. Children don't have the intellect to understand "right from wrong" until they're at least 7, and even then it's just an authoritative sense of following rules. The abstraction necessary for understanding right from wrong happens only around 13. Before then, you have to use physical stimuli, like a dog.

It will teach them patience when dealing with brain dead bureaucratic. I'd rather get it then deal with that anons autism.
>Just carrots
Who are you trying to kid?

Hell yeah, that's really hot.

No.

molymeme.jpeg

Mental abuse is far more effective and makes them easy to control later on ;3

My son gets the fucking belt if he doesn't act right.

I have good children.

Yes.

Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.

you don't need to hit your dog... just use crate training and positive reinforcement. it's a million times more effective. dogs do have the intellect to understand the difference between "this man will hit me if I do x" and "this man will reward me if i don't do x"

I only have to rattle the chain.

Did I advocate hitting any dog? I said you can't teach a dog to right from wrong just like you cant teach a child right from wrong.

Lewd

yes you can you just have to hit them harder and more often, same principle as a shock collar.

All it took was for me to push my dad too far and he made I learned my lesson. I'e been clean ever since.

you were using the dog example to refute the ignorance of spanking
>you can shape their behavior at a more primitive level
>Before then, you have to use physical stimuli, like a dog

isn't this advocacy for spanking?

What's wrong with aggression? Sometimes war and aggression is the only answer.
Plenty of people say violence did them no harm and then the left tries to psychoanalyse.
Humans respond to aggression. Teaching people to be scared of getting hit creates the faggot world we have now.

Slap on the hand is the only acceptable form of punishment, but only once they're 7+ years old.

I got spanked by my teacher once.

Long story short, I found my fetish.

no. you can bribe kids. you can take away things they like as punishment. you can put them in time out. you can give them chores, etc.

I do but very, very rarely.

It kept me in line
I used to enjoy playing with fire. Setting insects on fire or watching them drown. Hang my old gi joes upside down, their hollow torsos filled with fake blood you get on Halloween. Just to watch them slowly bleed from their neck and have their faces covered crimson.
I also used to enjoy making prank phone calls, throw rocks at people's windows while on a bike and I used to fantasize about choking kids younger than me.
The hitting kept me in line as well as going to church every Sunday. I eventually grew out of these disturbing behaviors and became a good, kind kid. Up to the point kids ended up bullying me, even though I was much bigger physically. I was also fortunate to have zero problems with my academics, and was skipped a grade.
The hitting made me realize that when you step out of line, expect dire repurcussions. I hold no grudges. And the hitting never was abusive. Just a smack here and there.

yes but i'll do it in a sexual way.

>not carpet bombing your children with thermobarics

It's like you dont want your children to grow up immune to tac nukes. Shiggy diggy phamalam.

ok your earlier comment wasn't clear to me at first, you were arguing with someone who said spanking was a bad way to teach right from wrong but we all agree anyway.

But the picture isn't of a spanking. It appears to be a beating.

Also, it appears to show a pair of shorts gradually turning into pants.

Yes, It's normal.

daddy choke me

Maybe. But never as an immediate response to misbehavior.

of course not, that leads to low IQ and other maladaptive outcomes. Peaceful parents are raising the future leaders, old world spankers are raising cattle.

>kids
>on Sup Forums

are you avin' a giraffe, mate?

Lol that's like, what it's for nigger

Parents only hit/beat their kids because they're lazy fucks who take the easiest way for kids to listen. Screw their feelings and mental health! Why would I ever try to listen and talk through problems with my child when I can just beat those problems right out of them?

I seriously resent parents who do this. Beating a child is just shitty.

Punishment delayed is punishment with no meaning.

Beating isn't the same as spanking. Parents that try to talk to their kids about everything end raising shit heads.

I think the studies have shown that using violence against your children screws them up. Use reason.

Yes, but what's the right age to start?

Yes. Never take options off the table.

Yes, but only in extreme cases
-He/She lied, and that lie brought terrible consequences
-He/She stole something
-He/She purposefully punched someone (Not accidentally or in self defense)
-He/She screamed to me or to his/her mother
etc...

However it will be limited to 1 spank or slap, everything after is not necessary.

Says the swede

When they are old enough to know they shouldn't be doing whatever it is. Depends on the kid.

Only if I'm a shitty dumbass parent.

So probably I guess.

>Are you going to parent like a nigger?
No

>wanting to have children
you are the reason why world is shif

Why do you think people are such pussys these days? If youre kids are speoled brats who dont listen force is necessary

>some lies are OK
Are you trying to raise a sociopathic taco salesman?

children don't have "reason"

that's why consent laws and juvenile courts exist

Yeah that's what I figured. I think a spank every now and again is ok if you're consistent and don't do it out of anger. I grew up to fear the belt so I'd behave with mum otherwise when dad got home there would be trouble. IMO this is a healthy level of fear/respect

Couldn't be fucking further from the truth. People who grew up around abusive parents grow bitter and get into wrong crowds all the time. There's more to parenting than just choosing between hitting or talking to your child you simpleton.

I dont plan to, but shit happens. If the little bastard or slut does something bad enough to boil the blood how are you to know you wont lose your cool and punch/slap/penetrate/kick/spank them?

I used to get beat with a belt or a shoe and it didn't do shit. But it made me very ingenious at making up lies to avoid being hit.
T.had crazy russian mother.

Males only, but if they where little shits.

i laughed, thank you- i hadnt today. cheers.

sidebar: does pol think its worth watching an episode of a comedy show per day to get a daily dose of non-thoughtful laughter? almost on the big bang theory level of comedy?

see

>use reason
Confirmed for not having kids

if your children respect you they will want to do things that make you proud i.e. follow the rules

I don't think hitting instills this sense of respect

But this is what a time out is you retard.

Absolutely not. I was raised up without violence and intend on raising my children likewise.

Spanking your own children as punishment for objectively bad behavior is okay. Beating the fuck out of your kids is never okay.

What game is that from?

>I think

Nope.

My dad beat me, I still did what I wanted out of spite. He didn't stop until I got older and I think he regrets it because I never got close to him as a result and we still don't talk.

Lol you're literally retarded. Spanking is a kids first introduction to the idea that actions have consequences. How do you think we got this special snowflake generation? The "enlightened" parents that were above such things that turned kids into Mal adjusted bastards. Obviously if you overdue it you can fuck a kid up, but 0 spanking is just as bad

I won't. Maybe I'd push them gently or slap my hand on their shoulder but spanking goes too far.

Honestly, no. But not for reasons you might expect.

I was spanked as a child and it was the easiest punishment in the world. It barely hurt and it was over in seconds. Also my parents thought it was the most severe tool they had.

I'd take 10 spankings over a single weekend grounding or 30 minutes of standing in a corner.

>Maybe I'd push them gently or slap my hand on their shoulder
Lmao how autistic are you?

>will you spank your kids?

of course i will. i want them to be raised properly and not end up degenerates like most of today's youth.

I've never had to do that with a dog. I just push him off me and try to get him to play with a toy.

Lies are not OK, but a small lie like "I ate 5 cookies", but they ate 6, needs a small reprimand, maybe not watching TV today, etc...

But a lie like "The cat killed the bird", and they actually killed that bird, that's a whole new level and needs a different approach.

I really don't know what's with this limp wristed talk whenever this subject comes up. You don't beat the shit out your kids but if they're being little shits, you have to spank or slap them. Once your voice isn't enough to dissuade them from their current behaviour you hit them.

It doesn't have to be spanking or any other form of physically hurting them you fucking idiot. Are you that god damn narrow minded that nothing else can come to your mind besides slapping them?

>slapping
You don't spank a kid in the face retard. Just some swats on the butt, maybe with a paddle for dramatic effect.

I think for girls the mom needs to spank the child and the dad to be there for emotional support.

for boys i think it should be the opposite.

how my siblings and i were raised.
also, instilling guilt and shame for bad behavior is key to making the spanking effective.

Pretty much this.