How come people aren't nostalgic about the 00's? I only hear about the 90's, 80's and sometimes 70's

How come people aren't nostalgic about the 00's? I only hear about the 90's, 80's and sometimes 70's

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jVO8sUrs-Pw
youtube.com/watch?v=uhG-vLZrb-g
youtube.com/watch?v=RRKJiM9Njr8
youtube.com/watch?v=c-3vPxKdj6o
youtube.com/watch?v=wKWz2OUVnNU
youtube.com/watch?v=wlCPNPKmfN8
youtube.com/watch?v=IlDjEd8gAkI
youtube.com/watch?v=h2Tt7BhjwqM
youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA
youtube.com/watch?v=tmJwlKvUag8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't forget to add this faggot.

I'm nostalgic for everything before 2007.

Because it basically kicked off with 9/11. Regardless of how you feel about nearly 3k of our innocent civilians murdered by the worst terrorist attack in history, everything changed that day. Most of it for the worse.

im nostalgic

Because it was shit and started to turn the world into real garbage.

The product you see today were molded by the era

in the 00s nobody was nostalgic about the 90s. Give it time in 10 years people will be nostalgic about the 00s. People are usually nostalgic about the years where they were 20-30 years old

The rule dictates that you shall never be nostalgic about the previous decade. Give it 3-4 years.

That being said, 2005 runescape hngggh

jews

Aside from the internet and games, there wasn't a whole lot that was good culturally about the 2000s. It's characterized by being very bland, commercially sterilized.

Me too

OP is stupid

It hasn't been very long. Just wait and people will be reminiscing over shitty pop punk. Honestly though it fucking sucked, 9/11 happened which basically led to this awful feel of America after it, internet culture became a thing and is mostly shit, most TV and culture programs in general post-2006 were fucking awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=jVO8sUrs-Pw
youtube.com/watch?v=uhG-vLZrb-g
youtube.com/watch?v=RRKJiM9Njr8

But I am.
>tfw maplestory
>tfw summers coated in red mountain dew and late nights
>tfw Nickelback, R.E.M and Pearl Jam
>tfw samurai jack
>tfw runescape
>tfw was young enough to unironically enjoy rage comics

Because mainstreme culture died in the 2009s and theninterner came to power. Talk to people about ytmnd, Sup Forums, and all the flash memes in the 00s. Thats where the real nastalgia is.

It wasn't even good back then

"Stagnation" means more than Economic.

00s was so disney-tier

youtube.com/watch?v=c-3vPxKdj6o

Old anons how was it like being in your late teens- early 20's back in 00-08? In demark i can imagine a lot of young people dressed like this. called them 'popdrenge'

Wait 10 years...

Because the economy got much worse. Immediate post-Cold War period was the absolute peak

>the worst terrorist attack in history
HAHA nigga u stupid!

It will be known as the decade of wiggers, hip-pop, the emergence of radical SJWs (not hippies), white knights, death of rock and roll, Reddit, and several other horrible moments like and mentioned.

The 90s had grunge, the 80s had punk, the 70s had disco, the 00s had guidos and wiggers

Bullshit. I sensed it the moment that it changed. It was 1998 and I instantly knew everything was going downhill. As soon as Limp Bizkit dropped Nookie I was instantly nostalgic.

the only thing good was the internet pre-2007

When BBSes starting dying in favor of forums, there were countless comfy sites popping up.

Then the iPhone was released and the internet went to eternal shit that somehow manages to get worse every day

A lot changed after 9/11 - the world became a lot shittier, much more unstable and everyone had (and has) less freedom and privacy.

Then the financial crisis hit in 2007/08 and I'd argue that the world changed by orders of magnitude more than the aftermath of 9/11. Nothing has been the same since 2008, the truth is that the world economy never recovered and the underlying problems have got a lot bigger.

I am convinced that history will remember this period (2008-201X, where X >= 7, or further) as The Second Great Depression. All the economic figures (which have been massaged to look at least decent) will be revised decades into the future to show that this period we are living in has been a persistent recession.

I'm nostalgic for early late 90s - 00s sometimes. Some of the best time for trance came out in that time.
youtube.com/watch?v=wKWz2OUVnNU

youtube.com/watch?v=wlCPNPKmfN8

I agree with this analysis

Hmmm valid point mexibro. Too bad it went full 360 degrees moonwalk the other way in 2010s when they made ironic nerd culture so popular.

the 00s were the worst years in american history since the 30's. why would anybody want to remember those turds. growing up during that shitty time after the shock from the high that was the 90s is why most of us faggots here are bitter and cynical as we are. it's only recently that things are kind of better. everything from music to television to politics to toys to fashion was absolutely garbage. 9/11 fucked our soul and brought us down from the post cold-war trip we were on.

youtube.com/watch?v=IlDjEd8gAkI

i remember this was played a lot at the soda parties

Because it was shit

youtube.com/watch?v=h2Tt7BhjwqM
Just look at this cute girl

it was hilarious though. i was dying laughing so hard when i saw the people jumping one by one off the sky scrapers

Because it was shit. Everything went to shit after 9/11.

We got wars for Israel, a huge increase in paranoia and secuirty at airports, the age of plastic everything in cars and all the body panels were flimsy as fuck, hell everything was getting cheaper. More and more manufacturing was going to china, a bunch more debt added to our country and all the while our social culture was being saturated in degeneracy. Illegal immigration was at an all time high and nothing was being done about it. You started to see the roots of anti-white propaganda really taking hold too.

I don't give a shit what anyone says, I will always hate the 00's. Sure you can bring me a few examples of good things happening but make no mistake, the 00's set up the majority of the problems we have today and you would be a fool to think otherwise.

00's interent and vidya was pretty based. Im starting to feel some nostalgia for it. Fashion and TV/Movies however were pretty shit.

Cause it was boring and everything, every little thing was shit. Only exceptions here and there, but not the norm.

>30's
>bad
>us
>we
>our
Start speaking for yourself at any time

God Avril Lavigne was cancer. Weirdly enough Nickelback were one of the few things I didn't mind too much or hate about the 2000s music scene, everything else, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, Fallout Boy, etc. were fucking unbearable for me.

Nothing good happened that decade.

people will be nostalgic for the early 00s in the future.
everything changed around 2007 and there is no more distinguished decades we will be able to differentiate between, blame the large hardon corridor for fucking everything up.
remember how different life felt before 2007?, remember how the nights felt like they lasted a lot longer?

>green day
>bad
Delete this now

Green Day were great in the mid-90's. Their fans then were actual punk and not emo faggots but they changed their target audience and went to shit in the late 90's.

fucking leafs

Everything after 2000 was/is shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA

> God Avril Lavigne was cancer
Also this. I felt so smug when I saw she's been reduced to making cancerous songs for autistic Japanese teenagers now

Wow edgy bro! Quoted for truth!

2006 was the only good year out of the 00s. the rest were shit and the 80s were shit too

Because the 00's were the beginning of the shit hole we see today. People were starting to see the writing on the wall.

Humanity started to regress at that point.

Culture died in the 00's

because you can't pronounce "00's"

Wrong

Wait a fuck
>denmark
>00s nostalgia
Sammy is that you?

It was a bad time.

god those comments are fucking retarded.

00s internet was infinitely better than it is now

wat? there was bigfoot in gta

another user made a good point that back then, being on camera was seen as something cool so they are acting up a little for fun, whereas nowadays we're all cameramen with iphones

all those people are dead now. pretty sad tb.h

This

Too soon.

Also awful flat-ironed hair in women

Everything about the 00s made people instantly nostalgic for the 90s. Especially the faux gutter slut future outfits of late 1999. Nostalgia for the 90s before it was even over.

You mean when America suffered the biggest terrorist ever faced on its soil and flipped out and destroyed the middle east?

There was a pretty good DIY art/music movement from '04 til about '08.

Next!

the only real thing the 00's had to offer was lucrative internet culture.

Back when it wasn't flooded with social media and the general populace didn't use the internet much beyond muh yahoo mail, it almost felt as if you were part of a secret club.

tv was shit, movies were shit, pop culture was shit. the internet was where it was at.

00 was the best time of my life, but it was a kinda boring time. only thing: the mobilephones got smaller and smaller till they got replaced by big smartphones.
music nothing new.
cars nothing new.
clothes nothing new.
style nothing new.

> except the 1 country that actually did the attack

00s internet was VERY interesting in that it's when social media really took off, but it still hadn't completely taken off yet and the internet seemed more fragmented and people were more dispersed over more websites.

People would actually go to peoples personal websites like Maddox's

I think of webcomics as being a '00 thing. They're still around, it's just nobody cares anymore.

Because after George Bush got elected in 2000 everything went to shit and has only became more shit.

The economy was destroyed by the Iraq war. Then destroyed again even worse in 2008.

The one thing I liked
Smartphones replacing cuckphones

go on, senpai. what are you referring to?

This 100%
Pre-2008 feels like an entirely different world to me.

fucking this. smartphones ruined the internet by letting minorities use it

I miss MySpace, Tom just wanted to be your friend

Something big changed in the 00's

We stopped going to peoples personal sites, personal blogs, personal webcomic series.

We started being participants of larger megasites more and more.

Facebook defeating Myspace showed people wanted familiarity and conformity, not chaos.

It was a decade when kids tended to not have cellphones as well.

The way we interacted with eachother changed quite a bit in the 2000s.

I know right. and their kids have grandchildren of their own. Sets a mind to wondering

its really a thing man, we thought we would be freed now of having "to watch what the tv tells us to watch"
but it looks like people just want exactly that, and now visit only the "main" sites

man I remember the times when there were only west-europeans / north-americans and japanese people on the internet

because they're not that far in the rearview mirror, just wait 3-5 years and you'll be fucking drowning in it

Because everything went to shit after 2007 and the internet was slow as fuck
Also HD video didn't exist
Still best years of my life(2001-2006)

Lot of bad shit happened in the 00's which is the direct cause to a lot of the problems we have now.

It's too soon wait another 10 years

it was great times man . anyone who looked like that would of been called a clown or a fag . things were vary similar but race and gender and sexuality was all a non issue . I was vary right wing but had gay friends . people just didn't make a big deal about shit like they do now other then hatred of jw bush .
also music was great before 2006 there is nothing on the radio is good anymore . also alex jones was in his prime before he got big around 2012

youtube.com/watch?v=tmJwlKvUag8

Only bad thing about 00-06 internet was Myspace but it was still a very interesting world to explore.

2007 really is indeed the worst year ever.
Iphone going mainstream along with Blackberry.
Marvel Cinmeatic Universe ruining movies forever.
Nerd culture being lynched and raped to death by normies.
The Big Bang Theory starting that year, coincidence? I think not my dear Watson.

Because 00's kids arent quite at the disposable income age yet so (((they))) haven't manufactured the nostalgia yet. Next 5 years it will come

Politically and maybe socially they were dogshit but pop culture and internet stuff was great
>Gorillaz
>anime boom
>rise of capekino
>lots of great action cartoons
>advancement of tech
>fucking wonder showzen

I feel like forum type interactions are the last bastion of the Internet

>It was 1998 and I instantly knew everything was going downhill.
But that's fucking impossible you faggot leafy
1998 and 1999 was literally the peak of western(see: America) society
Was also the last time Europe wasn't 100% garbage

Forgot to add 6th gen gaming and the rise of jrpg's

The people that grew up in the 00's want to still believe it is the 00's. I know I catch myself from time to time thinking the span of time from the late 80's to now has only been 15 years.

The Matrix was the last great movie, but it was also part of the problem. It's the technology and digitalization that's ripped the soul out of everything. The Matrix was the first 'holy fucking shit' special effects movie, and ushered in an era of vacuous Transformers and Harry Potter movies. Ironically that was also what the movie was about in a way.

If you aren't old enough to remember, 9/11 happened then things went to shit. Nearly all fun, creativity, and adventure died in the western world. There is almost nothing worth feeling nostalgic for from the 00's.

But, for the first time since 9/11, I feel there is the potential for things to start improving. God bless the human spirit.

>alex jones was in his prime before he got big around 2012
>alex jones going to bohemian grove

that was the first "conspiracy" thing that I've ever come accross on the internet
it was so weird man

like all off a sudden you realise the simpsons weren't joking with their mason episode

2007 was the year the smartphone was invented, apparantely the world changed overnight
I was 9 in 2007, so I was only a little kid in this world that you guys miss so I don't know what it was like

TBBT season 1 was perfectly fine and at the time I think most people liked it. The writing was fairly good and included some serious nerd jokes.

It just slowly became EVERYBODY LAUGH AT THE NERDS the show as time went on. I've never seen a reputation of a show flip from beloved to hated so extremely. I think the moment that show died is when they played a laugh track after Sheldon Cooper said the hilarious line "My favorite operating system is Ubuntu"

It stopped being laughing with nerds and laughing at them.

Everything post 60's, including most of them, sucks.

The 00s had no real cultural identity. It was just a placeholder between the slow end of the 90s and the rise of the pozzed 10s.

Actually I was 8, Kek
Turned 9 at the end of the year

>the rise of jrpg's
>Gorillaz
>Good
Hang yourself plebshit