Why is everyone depressed?

So I'm in college and basically the vast majority of people I talk to either openly admit that life is shit and that they use drugs to cope or have a very unhealthy lifestyle that implies they are depressed ( binge drinking, taking xanax, having random unprotected sex etc...). So why are so many people unhappy with life? Was Ted right that humans can't truly be happy in a modern technologically reliant world? I agree desu it seems like just living in some jungle tribe would actually be way better. Personally I cope with ridiculous amounts of nicotine and vidya.

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/mad-in-america/201106/now-antidepressant-induced-chronic-depression-has-name-tardive-dysphoria
m.youtube.com/watch?v=n0v0jUeFGQ0&client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=Ep1ODxCoYlI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>So I'm in college and basically the vast majority of people I talk to either openly admit that life is shit and that they use drugs to cope or have a very unhealthy lifestyle that implies they are depressed
It's a saddening thought, knowing that you're entering a world that's slowly morphing into a total dystopia.

m8 people are so fuckin depressed there are chemicals traces from their meds turning up in the soil on farms from the sheer number of people pissing it out.

Blacks lack vitamin d because skin is too dark can't absorb glorious sunrays

Libtards just sit inside all day get sick.

Also brain aids.

Life is like a Sweepstakes Giveaway

Many will enter; few will win

We have drifted so far apart from the fundamental non-essential human needs. We are like animals in zoo in the sense that we are completely out of our natural environment.

Pair that with a declining civilization, damaged economy and bleak visions of future and it's no wonder that barely anyone is happy.

I'm not. I'm saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. If I died I could care less.

The more I try to believe in God the more I want to just leave this world behind already. Am I doing it wrong?

They're probably depressed because of the pills they take.

As a kid they were fed the bullshit that life is such a happy and carefree world. Then they have some negative experience and turn to someone to help them with their problems, instead of facing their problems head on.

I live with a guy who's a Xanax addict, he abuses the shit out of it. Always talks about how bad his anxiety and depression is. How he needs the pill or he's depressed. He's been on it since he was in 6th or 7th grade.

He doesn't know life outside of Xanax and Not-Xanax. Most of these other people feel the same. They are slaves to the pills, and slaves to (((Big Pharma)))

It's an escape, and it's not a cheap one.

it's literally gut flora, user.
check out GAPS diet protocol, sort yourself out

I'm actually taking 40mg of Prozac for anxiety. It actually works relatively well.

>Was Ted right that humans can't truly be happy in a modern technologically reliant world?

Humans were never happy. They just feel entitled to happiness now so they complain about not being happy.

Everyone knows something is wrong but they can't express it because they try so hard to be good goyim even in their own thoughts

>because life sucks and then you die
>the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation

I can't yes THIS enough to THIS post.

For once a leaf isnt spitting whoreshit.

Life sucks and then you die.

Soldiering on like a true slav.

First figure who destroyed the family dynamic.

Then who is peddling these "cure all" remedies.

And there you have it

I take Xanax because it's the only thing that makes me not want to kill myself. The only bad part about it is that it wears off. Oh and also it's highly addictive.

It's the way society is structured. Most of us will have to work for money without any sense of accomplishment. Yeah sure, you might get a promotion, a raise, but the same pointlessness still permeates everything. You try to drown that emptiness with more work, drugs, sex, Sup Forums with no avail.

Multiracial societies make people less social and depressed

Because life could be so much better for everybody if we all just decided to fucking make it that way. But we don't. So fuck it.

There's simply too many cooks in the kitchen to make a substantial change to civilization at this point.

I think (((they))) put something in our food supply or water.

a civilization with less drive,less fire is more malleable .

Its also the lack of danger. Life is too easy, too meaningless and too sheltered. Nothing you really do has meaning, impact or worth.

wat is gut flora?

can I get a brisk walk through?

Getting /fit/ is really helping, I'm in the process of changing my life. I also don't get depressed very easily, I can only really point to a couple month span in my life where I was truly depressed. I'm just an adequately OK feeling guy

usually nobody listens! thank you! problems in life are simple:
1) unmanaged mental trauma
2) fucked up gut flora

sort.

True. I suspect that most NEETS are in that situation for the feeling of danger.

because college itself drains your soul. so glad i got out of there.

So much more to it than just a simple diet issue. Depression is not a disease of the brain or an improper diet, it's a malfunction of the familiar environment that society continues to erode. When a society stops caring about the proper treatment of its children is when it will fail to thrive. A child needs a strong connection with both a maternal and a paternal figure. Without that, you get the broken society we see today. Divorce rates at an all time high, infidelity, nihilism, thinking there is no purpose to anything, etc.

>fucked up gut flora

That sounds gay.

the industrial revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

because we were created by aliens to let them take our energy. they are called the annunaki.

fuck you OP your thread sucks
this now a PROZAC thread

>Redpill me on prozac user

Idk man, my uncles dad jumped off an overpass this morning and was hit by a semi in calgary. He wasnt suffering or sad or anything nobody knows why.
He got up and went to work then just decided to pull over and jump. So sad =(

**malfunction of the familial environment** not familiar

mental illness is gay

Take it only if you really need it. It numbs you to the point where you can't feel your depression.

Yeah. Read "The Way of a Pilgrim". Ceaseless interior prayer can bring you into union with God.

I feel the same way. I'd love to be a Christian but I just can't believe any of it. How do sandniggers have such a strong conviction in their faith?

So, it is doing exactly what it was made to do?

Antidepressants are a lie. You are going to make the problem worse getting yourself addicted to antidepressants like Prozac, which have reported negative physiological problems.

SSRI's are known to cause birth defects and increase rates of depression.

psychologytoday.com/blog/mad-in-america/201106/now-antidepressant-induced-chronic-depression-has-name-tardive-dysphoria

You can always turn buddhist.There is no need to believe in a deity.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=n0v0jUeFGQ0&client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en

SSRIs chemically castrate men. That's about it. I am amazed that people still fall for it.

Not to mention talk therapy was reported to be just as effective as taking these drugs. You are being fed a lie by greedy pharmaceutical companies who are NOT in the interest of seeing you get better.

I'm very depressed and have been prescribed antidepressants but I don't want to take them because I once knew a guy who was depressed and took antidepressants and then murdered someone and then himself

what do?

happiness is a meme, the people who seem happy merely have better, healthier coping mechanisms against anxiety and depression so they don't stay down as long.

Cultural Marxism, the destruction of the family and any organic sense of identity. All of this is making people miserable, but they still support and push the agenda

>hurr durr my life sucks
>still capable of indulging in hedonistic pleasures from time to time
Don't remember the last time I genuinely enjoyed something desu.

Get a second opinion from another psychiatrist.

And that's a thing I've realized, people with "anxiety" and "depression" just have demonstrably weaker wills. People such as myself.

>Why is everyone depressed?

It's only those who haven't taken the Absurdist pill yet, OP. Once you do, you can enjoy the fucking terribleness of it all.

everyone is also slowly realizing that they wont amount to anything special and the best they can hope for is a 65k a year job working for shlomo to pay off their student loans. all this to live in a decaying multicultural society with no sense of community. just drive to work then go back home and stay inside all day.

there is no purpose in an anti traditional diverse society where the only thing that matters is hedonism and watching your people slowly die and many either welcoming it or ignoring it until it begins to consume their surroundings and they have to move again.

only the elite 1% smiles tbqh

Because people are over stimulated and don't know how to be bored and mistake feeling meh as being depressed

talk therapy costs an ungodly amount of money and in my experience is totally ineffective. Might as well pop a pill that costs $1 and feel good for a while than pay tens of thousands and get absolutely no return.

That sounds nice, actually.

Fucking this.

I didn't even know about the GAPS diet before this post but my recent diet change is very very similar to the GAPS diet. My energy levels have been through the roof and my outlook on life is so much more vibrant.

Get healthy people. Physically as well as mentally and spiritually.
SORT. YOURSELF. OUT.

Redpill yourselves on depression anons:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ep1ODxCoYlI

Its literally a 1st world problem:

>no one i know is on any med except people with circulatory problems
>my sister is disabled due to a car crash and is not on any med to carry on with her life as teacher even if she has ptsd from her accident
>i got bad sciatica a year ago and doctors refused to give me anything stronger than ketoprofen

or maybe your doctors are actually just quacks

Depression is caused by pharmaceuticals as well as straying from natural biological order

The Romantics tried telling everyone, with their idealistic depictions of medieval life, but people thought they were childish and opposed to progress. We see what progress has wrought.

Masturbation

Get into Bitcoin and decentralized tech. It's a way forward, a way to matter

>Feel sad a lot of the time because I lack a passion and modern life is honestly rather dull
>have to dodge everyone around me trying to get me on happy pills

I feel like drugs just aren't the answer to these sort of feels, am I wrong to try and just find my own way through it boys?

>talk therapy costs an ungodly amount of money and in my experience is totally ineffective
true.
>Might as well pop a pill that costs $1 and feel good for a while than pay tens of thousands and get absolutely no return.

This will only make the problem worse if you think a pill will save your life. You must develop skills and knowledge about why you feel the way you do, and confront the reality of either living with it, or changing it.

this
depression is being unable to get out of bed, eat, go to the bathroom, or take a shower because of something that you can't quite place your finger on, because you can't muster up enough energy to think about it

anything else is just a normal feeling and honestly if it's such a bad one you should consider taking action against the party(s) responsible

So your grandpa?

I have depression, but more as a matter of fact than actual symptom nowadays. Gay, grew with religion, felt doubts, the old schtick. Had meds, stopped meds because they made me feel like shit. And time passed...

Now I'm dandy. The reason for my depression? I was an idiot. An utter idiot who rejected himself at every chance. Short story, I had no opinions, no desires and no self, because I thought I had to be stronger for others. Still do, but now without meaningless sacrifices or self-bullshiting.

tl;dr: The problem isn't tecnology, but your thought process. Give some time to yourself for once, the actual 'you' rather than the expected 'you'.

Retard

Because they don't want to grow up.

There's another escape that's pretty cheap.

It's called rope nigga look it up

Yeah i guess idk, i never really knew him. Or met him

>Gay

kill yourself

Fear of death is the leading cause of depression

Originally a person could turn to religion but that's dying and now they have no where to turn and want to run away from reality.

You're living as a slave to (((them))). Get outside and clear your head for a bit. Come up with attainable goals and set realistic deadlines for them. Try to include as much self reliance as you can in your goals. The more you can provide for yourself, the more accomplished you feel, and the less funding you give (((them))).

n-no pasta or bread? or rice?

It's not the fear of death. It is the idea that whatever we do is pointless.

how fucking retarded is it that the cure to a multitude of our health problems is legitimately just chicken soup diet?

Antidepressants and pills will make you worse lad, don't buy into it.

Meh, I don't fear death at all. I welcome it. Life is much more intimidating. What if existence is some kind of a test and you're failing at it miserably without knowing it?

Because they are living wrong.

Live wrong and life will kick your ass. Live right and things work out. Things might not be what exactly what you wanted, but the Lord provides.

Unless the Lord builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchman stays awake in vain.
It is in vain that you rise up early
and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for he gives to his beloved sleep.
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children[a] of one's youth.
Blessed is the man
who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

It takes a little Nihilism to first embrace everything not of this world.
Then drop that teenage philosophy.

it's a protocol diet, you can heal yourself and then go about eating semi-trash, the point is your gut flora is fucked up right now, google GAPS diet, sort it out

>uncle is his moms brother/dads brother
>uncle and his mom/dad are siblings
>which would make the dad of the uncle the dad of the others

>Give some time to yourself for once, the actual 'you' rather than the expected 'you'.

This is extremely common among gays. I you had been yourself as a child, you wouldn't be looking for yourself in other males.

america is highly overmedicated because you are stupid. stupid people look for quick fixes rather than solving systemic problems.

Life has always been shit, but this (((post modern))) world seems extra hellish.

America is an insane asylum.

sell them

If everything is pointless then there is no point in hording.

No people do not believe it's pointless they are afraid that death will make it pointless that they will lose everything they've gathered and obtained. No one believes life is pointless it is the fear of all things to die.

>Meh, I don't fear death at all. I welcome it
Fucking muslims man

what I have found that actually combats depression:
-working out
-having/making enough money. being in poverty will certainly make you depressed.
-be getting laid. it's an important biological need, no matter what retarded excuse I'm about to hear.
-have a SKILL. the Hindus say that there is no happiness in life without skill.
-meditate or read.
-take vitamin D if you don't get much sunlight.

it goes against everything i learned on Sup Forums to trust a leaf but i will try the diet user, already been working on getting corn and processed sugars out

Stomach bacteria. we literally have billions of bacteria in our gut and stomach to break down food and absorb nutrients. A great way to restore stomach flora is through proper diet. Humans have been eating Fermented foods for thousands of years which is a prebiotic so they probably had a tougher stomach than we do nowadays.

i do all of those things and am as depressed as ever. drugs are my only relief

Literally this. I've never met a person in my life who was generally happy.

There are many reasons user
principle among them
>Modernization has left people disconnected, people do not feel a strong moral duty or purpose for being
>normalization/medicalization of negative emotions, prevalence of bogus monoamine hypothesis
>death of god and the academic legitimization of nihilism
>increasingly divisive politics damaging cultural cohesion
>sexual revolution trivializing human companionship
enjoy all the progress, there's more to come :^)

People are depressed because society tells them that they ought to want things that nobody actually wants.

Nobody "wants" a job. Nobody "wants" life to be an endless competition where we use our friends for our own gain. Nobody "wants" to contribute to climate change just by being alive, and do nothing to stop it.

The world is a nightmare, and we don't even have the dignity of acknowledging it.

you can google and read about it, it makes a lot of logical sense, half of the bacteria in our body is gut bacteria, a lot of our antibodies are located in the gut because it's our largest pathway from the external world into our bodies. It makes a lot of sense.

you can google youtubes of moms that reversed their children's autism with GAPS, very hopeful stuff

Are you a European descendent?