Unions cause unemployment, and socialize the cost of said unemployment

Unions (with any power) only exist because of government legislation (forcing workers to be unionized).

Unions increase the cost of industry, so that midwest idiots can make $35/hr+ doing work that Mexicans could EASILY do.

Yes, the left wing will always be a bit sick in that it creates problems it aims to fix then has the tendency to opportunise on the situation.

Sometimes it's not deliberate btw. Some left wing people are actually very well meaning, just extremely narrow sighted.

Do not forget you goys hate inmigration, I guess you need some cultural enrichment
T.white jewish nigger

Subversion spotted.

Tell us to take more immigrants in too. Just be upfront about your hatred of common white people.

There are both good and bad things that come with unions.

Most Americans, both white and blue collar deserve higher wages.

>Most Americans, both white and blue collar deserve higher wages.
You deserve noting

>Most Americans, both white and blue collar deserve higher wages.
Unions increase the taxes (and cost of living) of all- even those who don't benefit from union wages. That is why unions HAVE TO GO.

Americans are the MOST SPOILED people on Earth...thing is that they would have higher wages if their gov't did not SQUANDER so much of it. It's estimated that taxes are 40% administrative fees.

>doing work that Mexicans could EASILY do.
Lets pretend that "Mexicans" could easily do what you are insinuating.

I work for a union hall in a skilled trade. We are competitive not because of government money, but because we are skilled and can prove it. We don't have resumes, because our hall holds all of our records, and can supply them to a contractor upon request. The hall, and myself can provide proof of training, and proof that the training works. They don't have to call my last 12 employers to verify. They don't have to call any references. They know that I show up to work every day, on time, and what my disposition is.

We do it once, and we do it right. Overall, we provide the work that statistically needs less repairs and reworks.

Unions are all about the worker fighting in a group to be paid what they are worth. We as a group dictate our pay based on our skill. Don't want to pay our rate? Fine, go shop around. Go find a safer more productive company who can deliver. You find that contractors stick with union workers because they want the best.

Besides, in skilled trades $35 is middle of the road. In addition to pay, don't forget about medical dental vision pension annuity etc. They are also included.

White collar unions are totally different however. They give a bad name to union halls.

>even those who don't benefit from union wages.
So a MacDonald's worker deserves their pay almost doubled to $15/hour because they are so important to society and their skills are rare and hard to replace or replicate?

You obviously don't understand unions. You post this same thread almost daily.

Here is my guess. You tried to get involved with a union, and they wanted nothing to do with your shit skills and/or proof of retardation because you got a bunch of "C" grades in highschool.

Nobody cares you dumb nigger.

Very nice quads, checked

Fuck off.

> We are competitive not because of government money

Never said this.

> but because we are skilled and can prove it.

Also never said you're unskilled- only that your wages are not the natural result of market demand.

>We do it once, and we do it right. Overall, we provide the work that statistically needs less repairs and reworks.

So, do you claim that those who hire natives do so KNOWING that it will cost them more?

>Unions are all about the worker fighting in a group to be paid what they are worth. We as a group dictate our pay based on our skill.

As a group, paid on individual skill...contradiction much?

> Don't want to pay our rate? Fine, go shop around. Go find a safer more productive company who can deliver. You find that contractors stick with union workers because they want the best.

Or because Unions, in their licencing and government legislation, have an unfair advantage over others.

>White collar unions are totally different however. They give a bad name to union halls.

Take away ALL government help from ALL unions, and then watch NO unions survive.

>So a MacDonald's worker deserves their pay almost doubled to $15/hour because they are so important to society and their skills are rare and hard to replace or replicate?
Minimum wages are as bad as government legislated unions.

>Minimum wages are as bad as government legislated unions.
Leaf. You don't have a clue. You should spend some of your weed bucks on an education.

You and I seem to be comparing different "unions". You cannot group all unions into one basket. Just the same that I should not think that all Canadians get high, then eat Horton doughnuts in between snowmobile trips to and from baby seal clubbings.

This thread's topic is GOVERNMENT LEGISLATED UNIONS. So don't bring your weak cuck union into this.

In my experience with unions they take your union dues and do fucking nothing when you have a genuine grievance and need their help/defense.
You're supposed to get something for your money. They're supposed to support the people that pay for them to exist.
They're mafia

>In my experience with unions they take your union dues and do fucking nothing when you have a genuine grievance and need their help/defense.
Most union bosses are corrupted by government. SAD!

Unions are supposed to be a guild of workers of a specific trade that band together and agree that they will not work for under a certain wage. In the modern age where we face things like mass illegal immigration and contractor negligence of safe working conditions they have been forced to become politically involved to call upon the representatives of their county/district/city to help provide conditions to help them stay working and protect their health.

I think public service unions are bad, but unions where the workers are actually exploitable are not. Why the fuck do teachers have unions for example. What employer is going to exploit teachers?

daily reminder

Unions are a necessary evil in a dangerous environment job, safety standards among others
Non unions will hire any fucking retard to do the job.

See Husky (I think) In fort mack. They hired some foreign workers for labour jobs.

They were using tiger torches to warm up propane tanks.

Unions arnt perfect but they're better than nothing in regards to safety and even wages.

Oh look. An Argentinian who thinks too highly of himself. That's new.

unions suck for the employee too

>job security meme - yeah if the union likes you. Unions are even more political than your corporate enviro - rock the boat too much or piss off the wrong guy and you'll get the boot even if you're a star employee

>hampered by old fucks/underperformers that should be let go. These fucks also resist any kind of change to make processes more efficient/integrated - often with the intent of using technological advances as a resource. This isn't limited to public sector tho. Fuck if i was a CEO i'd have a zero tolerance policy for shit-disturbers and underperformers.

>pay at entry-level is higher but stays fixed, aren't compensated if you're an overperformer.

private sector can hav bullshit bureaucracy but generally speaking is more performance based. You can always take your skills elsewhere.

>t. union leech