How would you pronounce the name of this road?

>I-90
>The 90
>90

I-90

>I-90

kek confirms I-90 is the proper pronunciation

I-90

Kentuckyfag here

Fuck- should have added please also say what state you're from

NJ btw

Interstate ninety.

Dumbshits

It's I-90
Literally everyone calls it that
Personally, I like calling them Superhighways.

The 90

As in "You need to take the 90 in order to get there."

t. Southern Californian

dont lie
user asked a serious question

Depends on which part of the country you're in.

How is it not a toll road? It literally makes no sense

Ever notice there is a dead deer corpse every mile with blood tire tracks for about 30ft?

If I didn't know any better I would think we were in a 3rd world country.

I fucking hate California

where do you live? that's good meat going to waste

The reason I ask is because it's a long stretch of highway that services many states. I find it interesting how people refer to it regionally.

Also it IS a toll road in many parts, mostly rural areas I think.

all are correct though I-90 is the most specific.

The main reason is that in a region that I-90 crosses there may not be another highway with a "90" designation, such as a state road (S.R. 90) or a 90th street or avenue.

It's fine for locals to refer to it as 90 or the 90 amongst themselves.

KY. When you said superhighways, reminded me of Jerkyhighways. That's me and my friends nickname for them. Haha

Us people from Arizona would say "the 90"

It's what my granddad called them. His ancestral home got paved over for one of them. He'd take me through the woods and point to the bridge where it used to be. Makes me sad.

I believe "the 90" is a western state thing.

Just don't get on the westbound 40 until it merges with the 15 south and you'll be fine then :^)

Oh, shit. I was thinking of 81 for some reason

t. Maryland

I'm in NC so luckily I'd have to try pretty hard to get to California.

i90

I have a suspicion that adding the word "the" before the highway number is exclusive to the west coast/southwest. I also think it's probably a southern habit of referring to highways as "I-blank" whereas midwesterners like myself very correctly refer to it simply by it's number.

here in ohio its just 90.

Fpbp

Checked and Praise kek

In Buffalo we have the 90, 190, 290 and 990.

So it's generally just called "The 90".

Here in PA, I call Interstate 80, I-80 but call Interstate 81, 81.

I would just call it 90, but some are called "the", depends on which one. You can take 90 cross country, but you can also take the 10

I guess it's different in different parts of the country, but here in south Louisiana I've only ever heard it called I-90.

I-90
Arizona

Literally anything other than I-90 is wrong.

I'm in the south and we use "I-blank" and "s.r. blank" to make sure whoever we speak to undeniably understand where we are speaking of unless we know the other person to be familiar with the area. Then it's safe to drop the prefix.

from texas

>The 90
This. Interesting tidbit about why it's said like that in California is a lot of the freeways had multiple names attached to them depending on where you were coming from in the state, so it was settled to just say "The 5" or "the 405" etc instead of one of the given names like Hollywood Freeway, San Diego Freeway, Santa Monica Freeway, Ronald Reagan Highway, Ventura Highway, etc.

But I used to live Indiana and we called that particular road in the state "The 80/90"

this
occasionally the I is dropped, but that's only between friends

It's 101

Not the 101

Southern California needs to fall into the ocean

That actually is interesting. I don't know if that practice is popular all over, but where I'm from we do it too- only none of the locals ever bother to use the "names". Technically there's a stretch of 480 that's called "The John Glenn Freeway" and there's signs about it all over the place, but it's pretty much just boring trivia because nobody actually uses the names in practice.

Michigan here.
That would be I-90.
We also have places like M-59 (a state highway)
And US-24 (also a federal road, but not part of the interstate system)

If I have to take the interstate when I am on a road trip in the US I call it "The I-90".

However if you take the interstates you are really missing the best scenery your country has to offer.

Down in Alabama we say "nine-oh"

I90
>from mis sippi

> FBI brainstorm
> "ask regional dialect questions, chantards will answer any fucking thing"
> idiots
> I pronounce it "the 90"

This.

Risk getting lost in the back roads. It's worth it

scarecrow

Texas here, just I-90
People who say The are faggots.

TFW I40 and I75 intersect 5 minutes from your house

>I-90
I think people on the West Coast are the only ones that put "the" in front of highways and freeways.

>I-90
most people
>the 90
polesmoking Californians
>90
people who are in a big fucking hurry who are going to end up on state highway 90 because they're retarded

the 90

It is pronounced interstate number ninety.

>secure tripcode
>Sup Forums pass

It makes me feel comfy knowing it is some spooks job to browse Sup Forums all day and assess threat levels.

jelly

Pennsylvania here, it's I-90.

Anyone who says "The 90" is a fag.

"that one, eh"

90. St. Louis here (the good part)

We call it the thruway

We call them bubblers.

Truck driver from CA. We call it the, because our infastructure is properly built; there are few/no state or us routes. The freeway is THE freeway, then you exit and you're there.

In subhuman shitholes, your "insert least coast beta name for pothole ridden nigger infested stop and go road" is just something that was built standalone.

Can't buldoze the first place a union soldier took a shit, so you have to take sr 1 to us 3 to suckcock parkway to sr 5 to us 9 to get to your "totally not a mobile home" foundationless house. Like this failure

texas fucked up i-35 appending E & W around DFW

Yeah. Those are two completely different roads, such a dumb naming.

It's bad enough that everything is a "business route". Infinite combination of things to call stuff, and everyone east of the rockies tries to make it as difficult as posible

texas
i90
90 if im talking with somebody who I know knows what im referring to

The 90 coz ...
I grew up in California in the 50's, that's a long term habit
Not saying The 90 pisses off anons w nothing better to be bothered about

Irl I might say I 90 though in Washington State

Same thing in Minneapolis/st paul.

>I grew up in California in the 50's

it's shocking just how many people this age are using Sup Forums now.

NNY. I think it's a regional thing like pop and soda

How would you pronounce the name of this road

>Cancer
>Kill me
>Fuck this bullshit traffic

The Kennedy if it's north of the Circle.
The Dan Ryan south of it.

>Only non burger flag
>That post
Why is int more pol than pol and pol is more int than int

Where else are they gonna talk about uppity niggers and commie scum?

The thruway.

Interstate 90
or I-90
or the big cold nine-zero
or the northernmost transcontinental East-West Interstate Highway

I-90 or 90 E / W.

>If I didn't know any better I would think we were in a 3rd world country.
In a 3rd world country people wouldn't leave dead meat laying out so long. Roadkill rotting by the side of the road is a sign of affluence. Not enough affluence that we'd pay workers to go clean up frequently, but enough affluence that we don't scavenge meat.

t. faggot

>"You need to take the 90 in order to get there."
A sentence that would slightly offend anybody who actually has to take I-90 to get anywhere.

And when you're several hundred miles away from Chicago?

BTW, Dan Ryan and I-90 split with I-90 taking the Skyway