Should Trump ban alcohol and cigarettes? If you answer no, you support marijuana legalization

Should Trump ban alcohol and cigarettes? If you answer no, you support marijuana legalization.

Other urls found in this thread:

9news.com/news/local/politics/brandon-rittimans-trump-interview-transcript/284502526
fronterasdesk.org/content/where-does-pot-come-domestic-growers-or-mexican-cartels
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/12/161219084641.htm
bjp.rcpsych.org/content/184/2/110.short
scientificamerican.com/article/can-cannabis-treat-epileptic-seizures/
nationalpainreport.com/marijuana-rated-most-effective-for-treating-fibromyalgia-8823638.html
physiciansnews.com/2014/12/18/medical-marijuana-helpful-for-cancer-linked-symptoms/
schizophreniabulletin.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2014/07/01/schbul.sbu098.short
cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/cannabis-induced-attenuated-psychotic-symptoms-implications-for-prognosis-in-young-people-at-ultra-high-risk-for-psychosis/1741A051D2A21FFFBC781259D8D3410A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, ban alcohol and cigs.

i'd totally be for a ban on cigs and booze. or at least much stricter regulation. (if you banned tobacco until there was a way to make it safe it would only take a year for tobacco to make it safe.)

he should ban vapes as well

Only for anyone on welfare

More like ban Arabs and nigs, amirite?!

As a neuroscientist I gotta say its quite something to see alcohol being legalized and widely avaible while marijuana receives all this harsh treatment.

I like the govt like any other person but we gotta trust people with their own bodies and give them proper education to make right choices.

Many substance abusers would abuse different substances if they simply had no access to weed/alcohol/nicotine/sugar etc. Its a much bigger problem than simply prohibiting drugs.

As it originated in Central Asia, cannabis was available to my cultural and genetic forebears. Herodotus mentions the Scythians smoking it.

My ancestors didn't adopt smoking it, though, instead pouring their efforts into perfecting beer. I'm not about to just casually dismiss something they spent 3000 years doing.

They're much more dangerous so if anything he should ban them & leave pot alone.

>tfw too intellectual for a skull

Why should Trump do something for free, when he could get Democrats to make some concessions?

>I like the govt like any other person

Too much government
Don't you kids believe in self reliance?

>while marijuana receives all this harsh treatment.

I always thought the government banning weed was just to punish the hippies for their interference the war. At least it kind of makes sense.

It's so the government can make more money.
Don't you want more money?
If you were some government asshole you'd tax your people for dumb shit, too.

Ask, and then answer for yourself, the question: why did alcohol tolerance evolve?

I would be fine with legalizing marijuana, but only if there were extremely strict laws enforced for breaking those laws (which there wouldn't be). So I'm against it. I'm fine for banning smoking in public, which I think it is in many places, just not enforced hard. I don't drink, smoke, drugs, etc. but I'm indifferent to drinking. Just don't be an asshole with drinking and don't drive under the influence, in other words responsible drinkers are fine imo.

What sort of legit fucking FAGGOT NIGGER JEW KIKE MOTHERFUCKER drinks and/or smokes?

People

Heh, Maine reporting in.

You fucktards can all do all the enforcing you want. It's legal here, bitches.

This just in, we have the state laws to protect LGBTQ, recreational pot, immigrants (even though or governor is an ass, he can't do shit because out legislature has him paralyzed), we could give two craps about the ACA (very few of us bothered to do anything with it), and our two non democratic senators are trolling the shit out of the GOP.

Come at us bro

9news.com/news/local/politics/brandon-rittimans-trump-interview-transcript/284502526

RITTIMAN: I want to drill down on a couple of Colorado issues.

Chris Christie was one of the first sort of establishment guys to really jump in with both feet for you. He gets talked about as a possible AG pick, but he was also the only presidential candidate who was campaigning saying he would use federal authority to shut down sales of recreational marijuana in states like Colorado.

TRUMP: Yeah, I wouldn’t do it, no.

RITTIMAN: You wouldn’t let him?

TRUMP: No.

RITTIMAN: Even if you picked him as AG?

TRUMP: Well you’re asking me. I wouldn’t do that, no.

RITTIMAN: You think Colorado should be able to do what it’s doing.

TRUMP: I think it’s up to the states, yeah. I’m a states person. I think it should be up to the states, absolutely.

>USA
>banning stuff

Do you believe in what he says?

He's kept his campaign promises so far, moreso than any other president I can remember.

Yeah because banning alcohol worked so well in the 20s.

And cigarettes will never be banned for the forseeable future, especially in murrica.

Alcohol should be only sold at ABC stores. No sales on Sundays.

For profit bars and clubs should be eliminated. If you have a restaurant that serves alcohol with a meal that's fine, but drinking-only or primary drinking establishments are degenerate.

We need to step up tobacco laws. No branding, no advertising, should be hidden behind the counter. Names should be Marlboro A, B, C. Camel A, B, C. Package designs need to be black and white wording, then gruesome color photos of the dangers of smoking. Tobacco companies must pay.

Shut up stupid

No takers? Didn't think so.
Maine > Trump

>he honestly believes smoking and alcohol can't be banned
underage as fuck.

Sure go ahead and try, it didn't work the first time (prohibition) because the infrastructure to create it was already there, you can't destroy that completely. In contrast, most illegal drugs (marijuana included) is not home grown in the US, it comes from Mexico or over seas, so we actually have a chance to nip it in the bud.

Reminder that your argument is literally
>but theres already dangerous things that are legal, we should make more dangerous things legal!

People are going to do drugs, you can't stop them. What you should do is make marijuana legal, a drug that is very safe and crack down hard on harder drugs if you want to help people stop doing hard drugs. If they have the option of getting high on weed to feel better about themselves they are less likely to risk getting arrested for harder drugs. If you're going to get arrested for weed or heroine, you might just try heroine because you're already fine with breaking the law.

It's much harder to find Mexican weed than American weed in California and Colorado.
Don't know about elsewhere.

I haven't had Mexican weed since the very early 2000's.

Are you stupid and new? Most weed now is home grown.

Seems reasonable.
But don't be disappointed if it's a lie.

THat's a real neat story you got there, but also irrelevant. Domestic growth is practically negligible compared to how much is imported from mexico.

fronterasdesk.org/content/where-does-pot-come-domestic-growers-or-mexican-cartels

I hate weed, and almost never drink alcohol.
I'll have a cigar once every few months, though.

Ban cigs, not alcohol. Alcoholic beverages are about self control, cigs are just literal death sticks.

No

And I do support marijuana legalization. That straightedge faggot trump and his lover sessions better stay way from my pot. Sup Forums was a Ron Paul board long before the trump meme took over

LEGALIZE IT

bob marley.gif

Just described yourself, see my previous post.

> Most marijuana not grown in the US

Oh sweet summer child, leave this place, this board is far too cold with truth for the likes of you.

>Ban

Why?

FPBP

make America Great and healthy again one step at a time

Alcohol is easily regulated and the government can easily profit off of it.

Weed however is not as easily contained and as easily profitable as Alcohol or Cigs so since the government can't make shekels they see no point

He should just legalize it, pretty sure the majority of the country wants it

No it isn't.
Most weed is grown by commercial farmers.
The weight from one cycle is at my job beats what I have at home by a significant amount.
I could quadruple my output and not touch in one year what we grow in three months at work.
The average commercial setup is between 15 and 20 kWs. A really good home setup is MAYBE 8 kW.
And an outdoor gardener has essentially unlimited lumens, they pump out enough to not work for 8 months, essentially. But most people don't have the kind of land needed to grow a substantial commercial amount outdoors.

I never said my statement was anything other than anecdotal.
I've only ever lived in two states and even by the late 90s Mexican weed was a rare commodity, even in commiefornia.

>you support marijuana legalization.

I sure do.

It's nice having money and living in a legal weed state.

I provided statistics lol, tired of being a teacher of little kids on Sup Forums

Jesus if that happened I couldn't live in America.
A day without a beer and a cig would drive to suicide

No, and yes, I support marijuana legalization.

Fake news. Notice the no citations, also you can't count how many deaths from alocohol or cigaretes there are. THey don't cause illness, only increase that chances of illness. ur welcome for my knowledge

>but theres already dangerous things that are legal, we should make more dangerous things legal!

No, the argument is: If society is fine with alcohol and tobacco being legal, then it is hypocritical to think marijuana should be illegal. Marijuana is the proven safer drug and has a myriad of health benefits.

>Tobacco companies must pay.

They already did. It's called the master settlement agreement.

Also every idea you put forth in this post is borderline retarded.

you dence fucking shill its all over the place cuck.

>shill calling other people shills

not surprised

>Notice the no citations, also you can't count how many deaths from alocohol or cigaretes there are. THey don't cause illness, only increase that chances of illness. ur welcome for my knowledge

Now you're just being willfully stupid. Many people die from illnesses that were directly caused by their alcohol and tobacco use. I don't see how anyone could deny this.

How many studies out there show marijuana use to having caused a specific illness?

Furthermore, even if marijuana did lead to some deaths, they would far fewer than alcohol and tobacco.

Alcohol and cigarettes won't make you a paranoid schizophrenic.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/12/161219084641.htm

Also marijuana is effective in treating seizures, fibromyalgia, cancer symptoms, nausea, pain, etc. etc.

How can alcohol and tobacco compete?

>sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/12/161219084641.htm

>People who have a greater risk of developing schizophrenia are more likely to try cannabis, according to new research, which also found a causal link between trying the drug and an increased risk of the condition.

>The study from the University of Bristol comes on the back of public health warnings issued earlier this year by scientists who voiced concerns about the increased risk of psychosis for vulnerable people who use the drug. Those warnings followed evidence to suggest an increased use of particularly high potency strains of cannabis among young people. However, experts cautioned that the risks should not be overstated given the need for greater research into links between mental health and illicit drugs.

Reading comprehension friend. Nice WaPo tier headline though.

Contradictio in terminis.

>While some evidence was found to support hypotheses that cannabis use is a contributory factor in increasing the risk of schizophrenia, the researchers were surprised to find stronger evidence that the opposite was also likely. This adds weight to the idea that the drug may be used as a form of self-medication.

>"The evidence suggested that schizophrenia risk predicts the likelihood of trying cannabis," said Dr Suzi Gage, Research Associate with the MRC Integrative Epidemiology Unit. "However, the relationship could operate in both directions. Our results don't really allow us to accurately predict the size of the effect -- they're more about providing evidence that the relationship is actually causal, rather than the result of confounding or common risk factors."

You only paid 20 bucks for all that?

More fake news you read on buzzfeed, link me some scientific journals that haven't already been debunked (all of them have been debunked, pro tip).

need to legalize marijuana so they can tax it. literally no downside

>Nice WaPo tier headline though.
Oh.

bjp.rcpsych.org/content/184/2/110.short

scientificamerican.com/article/can-cannabis-treat-epileptic-seizures/

nationalpainreport.com/marijuana-rated-most-effective-for-treating-fibromyalgia-8823638.html

physiciansnews.com/2014/12/18/medical-marijuana-helpful-for-cancer-linked-symptoms/

You were saying?

My friend moved here from Florida because he has epilepsy from getting hit in the head with a baseball bat by a nigger at a party like 8 times...

You want research? Go do a fucking Youtube search of Marijuana + "Any Illness"
Thousands of illnesses and diseases are either reversed or lessened by THC and CBD

No they've done that doesn't work. Leads to bad times.

>Yes I would like Uncle Sam to have more say over the things I can do in the privacy of my own home

I'll never understand these people

>realize i dont have evidence so ill just spew an anecdote

never change Sup Forums

207 here bub
Friggin right

>bjp.rcpsych.org/content/184/2/110.short

>Cannabis use appears to be neither a sufficient nor a necessary cause for psychosis. It is a component cause, part of a complex constellation of factors leading to psychosis.

>Conclusions Cases of psychotic disorder could be prevented by discouraging cannabis use among vulnerable youths. Research is needed to understand the mechanisms by which cannabis causes psychosis.

Like I said, all have been debunked, fake news

schizophreniabulletin.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2014/07/01/schbul.sbu098.short

cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/cannabis-induced-attenuated-psychotic-symptoms-implications-for-prognosis-in-young-people-at-ultra-high-risk-for-psychosis/1741A051D2A21FFFBC781259D8D3410A

>You were saying?
That you were full of shit.

No, and I do not support legalization of the faggot race mixing drug.

>It is a component cause
>It is a component cause
>It is a component cause
>It is a component cause
>It is a component cause

he should legalize weed. it makes no sense to keep it illegal at this point. we waste so much tax payer money on enforcing marijuana laws, and not to mention states like colorado generated so much money from taxing it after legalizing

"Component cause" doesn't mean that it causes it you stupid fuck, Alcohol is a direct factor of death every hour, Cannabis has never killed anyone and despite retarded myths, doesn't cause long term damage or brain problems in most healthy adults... Kind of like how sugar causes diabetes in diabetics (etc.)

$200. I got $20 in credit on my next order cause I paid cash.

Sounds like someone is dodging taxes

>The study could not address several issues. It is impossible to rule out biases in the estimation of direct and indirect effects arising from hidden confounding. There would have been benefits for learning about the effects of the psychological manipulation by including an additional condition in which the cognitive awareness training was also provided with the placebo; however, adding further randomization conditions causes practical difficulties since recruitment was labor intensive, with almost 2000 people being screened for participation. Arguably, greater effects would have been observed by increasing the dose of THC, though attrition from side effects would have compromised data collection. The dose had ecological validity since it is equivalent to about one strong cannabis cigarette. It would also have strengthened causal claims to have included randomization to other constitutes of cannabis, such as cannabidiol, 18 which may show opposite effects on the mechanisms underlying paranoia. The statistical strategy of PCA lessens the problem of multiple testing, which is a difficulty for the evaluation of multifactorial models, but does not provide results for individual assessments. The conclusions need to be validated by further experiments. As experiences such as paranoia begin to receive research attention in their own right, we expect to see the emergence of similar experimental studies that determine the causes underlying individual psychotic experiences.

Also, no shit. Everyone knows marijuana can make you paranoid.

>Findings suggest that cannabis use poses risk in a subpopulation of UHR individuals who manifest cannabis-induced APS. Whether this reflects underlying genetic vulnerability requires further study. Nevertheless, findings reveal an important early marker of risk with potentially significant prognostic utility for UHR individuals.

Subpopulation, as in, an extreme minority marijuana users.

Enough with the fear-mongering.

I do.
It should be up to the states like abortion.

Trump is fucking wasting his energy. Can he do a single thing besides ban? I thought he had the potential to revive the economy and beat ISIS but I'm not so sure anymore.

how bout we stop thinking in terms of how govt can regulate our personal lives

Not an argument.

by who. the cdc?
lol

>I voted in trump because I trust beurocracy
you can fuck directly off shill

It should all be legal. It's arbitrary authoritarianism bullshit. I don't think doing drugs are a good idea, but you gotta give people the right to ruin their lives.

alright im feeding the troll... youre a retard man. it shouldnt even matter if weed was bad for you, because we have human rights that allow us to do shit that may be against our best interest. if you think weed should be illegal and you drink, smoke, or take any kind of drug whatsoever youre a hypocrite

>part of a complex constellation of factors leading to psychosis.

Reading comprehension. As in, marijuana alone can not give you psychosis. Find me a legal drug that doesn't have any side effects, dosage recommendation or is not advisable for certain people to take.

Explain.

>California "legalized" recreational marijuana
>I just increase the frequency of my random drug tests threefold
>Already sacked three people, had their licenses suspended, and reported them directly to the DEA as required by federal law
>Mfw I just got more lab results back today and I'm going to fire someone else tomarrow, although admittedly it's for meth

The trick is performing tests often and randomly. They can weasel their way out of one test, but smudging the results on four in a month? Unlikely.

The labwork is expensive but I'm required by law to do it anyway, just not at this frequency. Still, I consider it a long term investment. All it takes it one guy coming in a little buzzed and we could very easily have a lawsuit, or worse yet, corpses to deal with. By law, I can smudge a little bit when it comes to alcohol, but even trace amounts of narcotics of any kind regardless of local or federal legality warrant immediate termination, suspension of license, and reporting to the DEA.

Honestly, I don't mind. Stoners disgust me, and I've yet to lose anyone of any critical value.

he should legalize weed but banning skypes from running that business

Fuck you there is nothing more american than tobacco and whiskey, but then again I'm also indifferent to marijuana

Seriously, how do we stop this guy from getting the newclear codes?

hahah keep pretending youre something important and lie on the internet

I'm not important, I'm just a foreman with an A&P license and IA. I don't even have a college diploma. I'm basic bitch middle management, but it doesn't take a board meeting to know that if some stoner fucks up and kills somebody, it's my ass on the line as much as his.

Does drinking alcohol in your after work hours necessarily affect the way you do your day job?

Why is alcohol use in your off hours better than smoking marijuana?

Is coming to work high worse than coming to work drunk?

Cigarettes: yes. Marijuana: yes. Alcohol: no. Fuck off degenerate scum.

Does every pot smoker come to work high?