How do we make schooling more effective? I know about abolishing Common Core...

How do we make schooling more effective? I know about abolishing Common Core, but what specifically can we do to help children learn valuable skills?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JyufeHJlodE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nigga what the fuck is this shit

fag shit about having to explain ones answer which he didnt really .

that and fucking shit is fake as fuck since the writing in pencil and purple are too god damned alike so op can fuck his gay lie spewing ass for all i care ya fuck

Aptitude tests at a young age, begin focused schooling for a applicable trade after basic educational standards are met.

"Math" designed to get nigger's test scores up

>be math major
>forgotten how to do basic arithmetic at this point

i'm not a fucking computer.

This is why Asia is winning.

So the correct answer would have been "SHEEEEEET"

>Common Core
You don't know what that is

It's simple. You don't put dumb ducking left wing teachers who get outsmarted by their students in the classroom.

segregation

Hire teachers who are actually trained in the subject they're teaching. We need math majors teaching math class, history majors teaching history, and so on, not someone with a degree in "education" teaching whatever class didn't have a teacher.

Swap A and 7

Why would you flip 7 retard

A would be next to the 2?

Let me just estimate numbers while I'm designing my steel trusses. Engineering school was a waste of time.

>Hire teachers who are actually trained in the subject t
first you'd have to pay them well enough for those so trained to want to work in schools... then you'd have to support such training... before that, you'd have develop and environment where kids were being educated well enough, to even consider becoming teachers in the first place...

burgerville's far too far gone for that... they're still debating "flat Earth" theory, "intelligent design" and where people can piss

Who needs accuracy when building structures or precise equipment anyway.

All of them

>Teachers get paid like shit
>Most are awful shitlib commies who indoctrinate children
>Have to put up with illegal alien brats who can't speak English and semi-literate Tyrone/Shaniquas

This. If you think adding and subtracting shit mentally means you're good at math, just leave.

MALE ONLY FACULTY

INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENTS FOR ALL STUDENTS

NO STANDARDIZED TESTING

MAKE CLASSROOM COMFORTABLE NO MORE FREEZING IN STEEL AND PLASTIC DESKS AND ALLOW NATURAL AIRFLOW AND LIGHT

REMOVE ALL BULLYS TO MILITARY SCHOOL

Stop retards from reproducing

separate the whites/asians from the rest of them and place those outcasts into trades.

WTF is wrong with you? I can't even...

Flip the a, it should have an even number on the other side. Flip the 2 and it will be an AEIOU. Maybe a Y depending on your linguistic choices.

Hire a personal tutor for your kid

Eliminate federal funding aka globalist influence
purge the system of all cultural Marxist influence

>REMOVE ALL BULLYS TO MILITARY SCHOOL
>INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENTS FOR ALL STUDENTS
Great. Can't wait for all the feminine faggots to graduate and enter the workforce unprepared for the real world.

>You honestly fell for it.
And you thought I was the retarded one.

>rounding 75 to 70
for rounding when the second number is below 5 we round it down but if it's 5 or more it's rounded up
so it should be 80 not 70

What he's trying to say is that you must flip the 7 to ensure that there is not an Ace underneath, which would mean that the rule was broken. By the same reasoning, the King must also be flipped. The Ace must be flipped to ensure there is a 2 underneath, and the 2 does not need to be flipped.

They were supposed to estimate. The lesson was about estimating.

because you have to verify there is no vowel on the other side, otherwise the rule is violated

i.e. if there is an A behind the 7, then you have a card with a vowel but no even number

for similar reasons you have to check the K card too (if there is a vowel on the other side, then K would be a violation because it isn't an even number)

and you must check A obviously because we require an even number on the other side of it.

the card with 2 is the only one you don't have to check

checked

Sowell has the answer

youtube.com/watch?v=JyufeHJlodE

gotta break the teachers unions, only way forward

PLO is a beautiful game

That is what irritates me, when rounding, you have a golden rule on rounding and they can't even get that shit right.

One way would be to keep universities out of dictating how teachers should teach. I'm currently training to be a science teacher. Getting my MAT and these college professors in the education school are dumb as shit. They haven't set foot in a public school classroom in at least 20 years. Yet they think that their pet theories that only get tested in highly controlled test schools will work in every school in the country. Never mind the school were Jim Bob goes, who has a mother and father who work hard and teach him right from wrong. They expect logical thinking from inner city "youths" who don't give a single shit about the school and only show up because it's the only way they get to eat. I have a BS in my subject matter but in the state of Georgia you have to be certified and one of the few ways of doing that is by going through the university system.
My cohort of 20 people has a butch lesbian, a tumbleria. a girl that talks like she's going to cry a any moment, but not a single black person (this is the science program). The professors have indoctrinated them hard and encourage them to actively undermine the authority of teachers that take us on for student teaching.
You want to fix schooling. Get rid of the Dept of Education and give the power back to the parents.

It's teaching you to realise that people estimate things in different ways.

Estimates are used in statistics.

More accurate and less accurate estimates are used in order to "massage" the data, until it gives the illusion you want to present to the people.

OMG 20% RATE, THAT'S 1/5!!!!

actual rate is 17% and falling though

or it could be a different scenario...

Hey, your coffee is only 20% poop

but actually, there's 24% poop and he's still pouring more into it

the pencil is strictly in block form while the purple is is partial script and looks nothing like the pencil

but they shouldn't be

K does not have to be flipped and your explanation doesn't make sense.

could you clarify what you mean?

Common Core would have been a fucking adventure in my machine shop class.

>Get told to estimate the speed of the lathe and the cut needed.
>Now wrapped around the work, flopping at around 1,500 rpm.

the person who graded this is a goddamn moron

Why the fuck are we forcing students to estimate fucking 2 digit subtraction problems. It's literally less time to just fucking subtract.

And people wonder why kids get frustrated and stop working.

>1+1+...=3
>solve problem
Not
>jack went to Judy this morning with an apple
>Judy also has an apple hidden away in secret
>Jack says: "we're supposed to have three apples"
>where is the third apple?

>I before E except after C
Not
>saladin al sawarthin, nasheed il de chgggayeh

>describe life as a soldier in the trenches of WW1, after having been taught on the matter
Not
>condense all the horrors of the first world war in 140 characters using #trenchfoot, before moving on to the Holocaust and the teacher's explanation on the evil white male

>you're a loser, do better
Not
>here's your participation award, and remember everybody's a winner

>beat your own bully
Not
>go to teacher, have bully say sorry and proceed to get bullied year after year after year and becoming a psychopathic murderer of teachers

>masculine, male teachers
Not
>cuckish feminine shitlords who couldn't beat their bully and continue to be bullied by the 90% of the teachers that are women

Really, in short...

>no bullshit
Not
>bullshit

How is this bad? The point of the exercise is to estimate, not calculate. Kid must be some dumb Kraut or Chink that is only good for being a biological calculator.

The assignment or test was probably in the theme of estimation. We don't see the cover page or title or anything. I bet the class spent a fucking week on estimating before this was given. The fucking dumbass kid wasn't listening - I'm 95% sure.

A7

>below 5 we round it down but if it's 5 or more it's rounded up

>103
so you round it to 100
>28
so you round it to 30

You're retarded.

Reward them for extreme self learning. Show them resources like the khan academy for learning math and reward them for doing their own lessons and succeeding.

He's crazy, but Timothy Leary said there was "no compromising with the public education system," and I think that statement gets truer and truer every day

>grass is green therefore my shirt must be grass since it is also green

Also, in reply to that picture..

>math is absolute, estimations are for ignorant teachers who can't handle the truth. I'm on the road to success, so while you go sucking offyour wife's son, stay out of my way.

>when the shrooms hit

Still doesn't make 75 an "unreasonable answer". Fucking autist.

Telling a student they're wrong when they're right is the quickest way to shut them off from school for good.

I've seen questions where the kid legitimately looks at the question a different way, provides a logically more correct answer than the answer key expected, and he still gets marked wrong. That's fucking criminal.

For example: John ate 1/4 of a pizza. Frank at 1/2 a pizza. John ate more pizza than Frank. Is this possible? If so, how?

A: John's pizza was bigger than Frank's.

The kid was told he was wrong. That's not okay.

Australia is being overrun by chinks and is a desert, nothing you say or do will ever matter to me as long as those things are true

A, K, And 7
Flip A to verify that there is an even number on the other side.
Flip K to make sure there is not a Vowel on the other side. (It was never specified that one side is a number and one side is a letter)
You don't have to flip the Two cause it's an even number and the rule can not be broken no matter what is on the other side.
Flip the 7 to verify there is not a Vowel on the other side.

What if we taught children to defend themselves against bullies instead of depend on authorities to protect them?

And what it we taught firearm safety in schools? Regardless of one's stance on gun control, it seems like common sense to teach children how to avoid accidentally hurting themselves and others when they use firearms.

Are you retarded? The purple writing looks nothing like the pencil writing.

We have that here. I'am currently studying masters in chemistry to become chemistry teacher for middle or high school. It might sound great on paper and does produce good student performance results but is also wasteful overqualification and the results don't seem to translate to where it matters, academic competitiveness and innovation.

Trolling or retarded?

>the state of ameridiot problem solving

>Telling a student they're wrong when they're right

They aren't right. They were taught how to estimate. They were told to estimate. They just subtracted to find the exact answer instead. They are wrong and should follow directions better. Don't bring up other stories to say why you are right you and the kid are both wrong

You're right, we should be teaching kids how to be retarded and just get "probably" the right answer instead of the exact number, as that's a really useful skill in life.

>Did you pay what you owed in taxes?
>Well I estimated what I owed and just paid that, I'm sure the IRS will be fine with it

checked and uh keked too

stop assuming every child is the same with the same abilities and potential in every area
if you want clones you have to actually have clones to start with
stop treating children like shit garbage slaves with zero fucking rights like they are retarded
give them actual responsibilities, quit letting them get raped all the fucking time
i could go on but the whole attitude towards children is the problem, including refusing to intelligently teach them because then they will leave your religious cult and you hate that right

Do we take the initial condition to be automatically true? If so, then you only need to flip 7, to check and see if it's not a vowel.

What about charter school s? Our small town is getting converted charter school. I don't understand why tho.

k doesn't have to not have a vowel.

Just the A.

You don't need to flip the 2 tho

If you flip K and there's a vowel underneath, it doesn't follow the rule. You have to check K to see if it doesn't follow the rule.

The most important factor in a child's education in their parents. The large majority of parents don't care about their kids or about education, especially those on the right. Telling everyone to 'get a trade job' and saying 'education is liberal brainwashing' is just worshiping ignorance.

Having a 2 card with a non-vowel on the other side doesn't break the rule tho

Don't you also need to flip the K to make sure it doesn't have a vowel on the other side? Is there some reason to assume it would necessarily be a number?

Thank you for confirming not-retarded people exist on Sup Forums

Abolish the whole system. Schools were a great idea to distribute information at a time when kids' own parents were illiterate. We no longer need that kind of system. If you want to learn how to do something, you can look it up and learn it in minutes.

I'm assuming everyone is trolling and not actually challenged

no need to flip the 2

Shit, did I forget to check the privilege again?

ak27 off-suit, fold in all positions

Who are these guys? Can I get a rundown?

AK27
gay slavshit.

Agree, it's a setup, the inflections on the 's' are the same, someone tried to write like a child.

do you not see the value in knowing how to estimate? It's not always going be such easy numbers

you're retarded it's just one fucking lesson. kill yourself and never travel to america faget

Just flip all the cards.

I definitely see the value in estimation, but it's fucking retarded to try and make kids estimate when a problem is easily solvable in 2 seconds unless you have half a brain. It's just fucking around with kids because some out-of-touch math major got a job in curriculum planning.

Kindergarten: Hand-Eye Coordination, Basic Manners, Hygiene, Common Sense such as: don't play with fire, don't play in traffic, don't leave your home without telling your parents, stay within sight of parents when out and about, don't drink and eat stuff you just found lying around.

Grade 1 to 6: Basic laws of math and sciences - Algebra (I was born in HK, and I learned Algebra in Grade 1, only to arrive in Canada in Grade 3 where people were still doing addition and doesn't know what the multiplication table is). Musical Instruments and Musical History. Art technique and art history. Health Science: diet and exercise, name the body parts, explain puberty, awareness of what child glooming and child luring is, healthy way of dealing with sexual feelings, /the importance of delaying sex as it can be damaging at a young age/, brief run-down on STD and pregnancy. English plus a foreign language such as French, Spanish, Mandarin, or Japanese.

Grade 7 to 9: Internet Safety, Careers Possibilities, Computers for Business and Personal Organization , Design & Technology for Boys AND Girls (identify tools, make a spice rack, identify home repairs that the average person could make and when to call in plumber / electrician), Home Economics for Boys AND Girls: cooking, cleaning, budgeting, brief run-down on the care of a baby (I wish I had a flour baby for Home Ed, but we never did anything on parenting!) -- I believe that having care of baby taught would also discourage teens from risking unplanned pregnancy.

Things like Black History Month and Asian Culture month have no place in public education, I say this as an Asian who enjoy Asian Culture Month. It is often useless and inaccurate brain washing. BHM left me with less respect for black people when I found out that the black inventions I was taught in school were actually MYTHS. ACM was fun but it wasted valuable learning time.

>but what specifically can we do to help children learn valuable skills?

Eliminate all bullshit from School. Keep basic Math, Reading, Writing and History. And have them spend the rest of their time interning at potential jobs they may be interested in.

>brief run-down on the care of a baby
I fucking hated those robo babies.

Wouldn't (180+23)/2 more reasonablr

>REMOVE ALL BULLYS TO MILITARY SCHOOL
How do you find who is bully without profiling aka form of standardizing testing?

How do you know if the rules have been followed. You have to flip them all over to know whether or not the rules have been followed and there isn't a vowel hiding on the other side. Come on people.

>Canadian flag
>I was born in Hong Kong
Yep.

Junior High, Grade 7-9: First Aid, this is especially important as around this time, teens would be working as babysitters or left in charge of younger siblings - do they know how to do CPR, when to call ambulance, how to give clear information to 911 on symptoms as well as directions to residence.
Health and Sex Ed: Healthy living, a hysterical run-down of alcohol poisoning, and the effects of cigarette smoking and drugs with actual studies - kids tune out when you lie to them. Run down for the basic symptoms of common American diseases and how to lower the risk for it. Further details on STD and pregnancy, responsible sex and respectful relationship (and the health importance of delaying sexuality, not being pressured into it, not doing it when sick or stressed) family planning and prenatal health.

Highschoo, Grade 10 to 12, mandatory classes: Law; criminal code, family law (what marriage is, rights and obligations, contract law (what legally binds you when you join a gym or agree to perform x for a sum of y, what you can and can not rely on when it comes to promises made by businesses), rental law because they'll be renting in a few years, a brief on international law (most importantly, the moment you cross the border into another country, you are under their jurisidiction - THINK before you travel). Tax - how not to end up jailed like Al Capone.

In HS, there should be in school preparation for kids to become independent (because apparently some parents are not that bright, or busy, and if you don't want dumb citizens that drag everyone down), teach them how to safe, how to invest, how to handle failure - recognize when a ship is sinking and minimize the damages - it's a fact that even if you get high 90s in HS, in Unviersity, you could end up with a big fat D because they have a higher standard. How do you catch up? How do you switch course if it turns out you can't make it in your selected career choice, or the job prospect disappear?