Transgender Mental Disorder

I'm trying to gauge what percentage of the right believes that transgenderism is a mental disorder

strawpoll.me/12407804

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1292924/Will-Warren-Beatty-accept-girl-boy.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gender is Xs and Ys. It's delusion.

>Warren Beatty's daughter goes to college. 3 years later she became Trasgender. Such many cases. Sad!

Kathlyn, the eldest, had been named after Beatty's beloved mother, a drama teacher and fervent Christian. Beatty and Bening raised their family in the elegant home in Mulholland Drive, Los Angeles, which Beatty had designed himself.

As they grew up, the children were enrolled in the super-traditional and highly prestigious Buckley School in nearby Sherman Oaks, where fees are £20,000 a year and which attracts many children of the Hollywood elite - including Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly and Paris and Nicky Hilton.

Everything seemed fine, albeit an upbringing as children of part of Hollywood's aristocracy. That, though, was until recently when Kathlyn, now 18, graduated from school. She had moved to another establishment which takes on children who are either gifted or troubled.

Kathlyn delivered a monumental surprise. She insisted on being presented with a new name - and a new sex. She had styled herself Stephen Ira Beatty. Indeed, it soon became clear that she had been living fully as a man for at least two years.

What's more, she is now apparently preparing for gender reassignment surgery which will allow her to become fully male.

Confusingly, although she wishes to become male, it is clear from her writings and blogs that she is attracted to men.

At the graduation ceremony from the unconventional Arete School, Stephen Beatty smiled broadly and, as can be seen in photographs of the event, his devoted actress mother looked utterly thrilled, cheering and clapping her child's achievements as she beams in a bright blue mortarboard.

Stephen's father, Warren Beatty, seems nothing less than glum in every one of the eight pictures posted by the school of the event - tense, grey, and old.

>dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1292924/Will-Warren-Beatty-accept-girl-boy.html

The whole Liberalism is mental disorder,desu, Trannies are just going more extreme.

have a bump

>these degenerates that voted no

According to liberals depression is an illness but transgenderism isn't. Can someone explain why they're so retarded to me?

Out of all the arguments against trannies, and I am not saying there aren't, this is the dumbest. Go tell this shit to a female with CAIS and an XY chromosomal makeup. And besides, I don't have my chromosomes printed on my forehead. When you find a tranny hooker in thailand and you think you're fucking a bio female because thai frankenpussies are biopussy-tier, you don't stop and say "I smelly XY".

*smell

I'm taking an abnormal psychology class. We talked about delusion disorder today, and the professor used the example of someone believing they're a cat. I inquired about treatment, and the professor said anti-psychotic medication. I asked if the same medication would work for those who believe they're the other sex, and she hesitated and mumbled "w..well that's different." And changed the subject. All the while, every other person in the class glared at me.

bump

It is a mental disorder that needs to be addressed, not enabled.

Any parent who encourages their young child to be trans suffers from munchausen syndrome by proxy and should be jailed for child abuse.

If it has a Y chromosome, it's male. There is no other way to interpret it. Even the weird cases of XXY and XXXY and all those disorders. Technically speaking of there's a Y in there, it is male.

Lmao, nice work user.
There is a single case study out there somewhere describing the use of anti-psychotics on a transgender with positive results; You might be interested in it.

Because "gender dysphoria" is a dirty term now. Wow.

You totally ignored his argument about androgen insensitivity syndrome

Take this also, most anons are pretty far right and traditionalists. Obviously there are some exceptions.

No, I directly addressed it.
>Androgen insensitivity syndrome is a condition that affects sexual development before birth and during puberty. People with this condition are genetically male, with one X chromosome and one Y chromosome in each cell. Because their bodies are unable to respond to certain male sex hormones (called androgens), they may have mostly female external sex characteristics or signs of both male and female sexual development.

>People with this condition are genetically male

People give tranny pedo degenerates too much credit. It's not even a "mental disorder", it's a fad. Notice how the number of tranny retards blew out exponentially after positive (((mass media))) coverage. It's fucking retarded, what's next, giving other media fads like emos, hipsters and skaters exclusive bathrooms?

Mental illness is no gender!

Forgot pic.

The genotype is male, the phenotype is female. If I have a gene that I cannot express does that mean it is my phenotype? E.g. I can have the balding gene but not express it, would you call me bald?

Pokedex about Unown?

No, but you there is a difference between a sex chromosome and a genetic makeup that makes you more prone to being bald.

You're comparing apples to oranges. If there is a Y chromosome present, the person is technically male.

You don't have to believe anything. Gender dysphagia classified as mental disorder. Its a medical FACT.

Why can't they be happy with who they are, I can't imagine it not being a metal disorder. Just accept who you are, how can you feel you were meant to be the other gender. Wtf is up with the left encouraging these sick fucks with there obsession, to the point of surgery. where it doesn't make them feel better and they end up regretting it.

What procentage of the left claims that mutilated men (with a mental issues what a coincidence) after several operations and years of hormones, are women? A lot.

It's not a disorder
It's an illness

So you would go ahead and call people with brown eyes "blue eyed" because they carry the gene, but do not express it? Or maybe just go to that girl with XY, show her the karyotype, and claim "well sweetie, sorry to break your bubble, you're a man". She might have those chromosomes, but she doesn't look, behave, or even closely resemble a man. No testosterone in her system whatsoever, just a Y chromosome. But that's a man in your eyes? That doesn't make sense, if not to be poignant. It's just like a sterile woman.

There isn't really, chromosomes are genetic makeup. The fact is that some people have a broken Y chromosome, and without male hormones male 1ry sexual organs do not form and the person grows up to be a typical female. You wouldn't call them men if you found out they had XY, they look like extremely attractive females

I made a post about this in full detail on Sup Forums once with scientific terminology and they all ignored me and continued to circlejerk

It is listed as a mental disorder on DSM

>You wouldn't call them men if you found out they had XY, they look like extremely attractive females
I might be tempted to after finding out. Even if I didn't, it still wouldn't change that they are technically male.

Color me surprised, can't really discuss this shit here without expecting extreme circlejerking. And maybe it's not even worth arguing.

IRL shitposting. Nice

I would recommend reading up on the works Dr. Paul R. McHugh. He's a psychiatrist who talks about transgender being a metal disorder. Something else to add to your research.

10/10 user

They are genetically male, their phenotype is a typical female. The genes they express show that they are female. They are sterile females. If you really would call them males then you are ridiculous. Please call me bald if I have the gene and fail to express it then (same logic)

>I'm trying to gauge what percentage of the right believes that transgenderism is a mental disorder
Wouldn't it have to be real first

Yeah sure you'd be tempted, just to prove your own argument that you see them as males. But that wouldn't really change the fact society, and everybody, perceives them as females. She has a Y chromosome, but developed a natural vagina and natural female characteristics, but since there is that one Y chromosome right there let's send her in the men's restroom, men's locker room, maybe draft her with the males, what do you say? Those people have nothing in common with males, and all (except ovaries and XY) in common with females. You want to keep thinking they're men? Go ahead, but it bears no meaning beyond yourself saying "lol you're a man" to yourself.

>most trannies have some form of personality disorder, estrogen makes you more aware of your feelings, and inside every tranny there is deep, dark abyss of painful emptiness that drives them to seek identity. no one likes to talk about this, but that overwhelming emptiness is so terrible many trannies literally kill themselves to escape it. i consider myself lucky to still be alive after facing it. but i did survive and facing it showed me the truth of my situation.

>there is literally no treatment for it. you either make it on your own or you don't. every tranny i know, and i know lots, has a hellish life. the problem is deep inside, and the only way to really come to terms with it is to spend lots and lots of time examining it. the core of being a tranny is you don't want to be the person you were born as. you want to be someone else, but you can never be anyone but who you are. it's awful but there is no way around these facts except to accept them.

mental illness

I'll say this: if not a mental disorder, we have redefine the meaning of the word

OP, I am trans but I am against sexual reassignment and think that freaks should just dress how they want without cutting up their bodies.

Honestly I don't need a vagina to wear a skirt.

I think the rush to surgery and hormones on kids is fucked up.

Just a different angle. Cheers.

I mean, I'll call you bald if you really want me to, seems kinda weird if you have a full head of hair but I guess that's your deal.

It still won't change that if that person has a Y sex chromosome, no matter what sort of XXXY shit they have going on to make them express female traits, they are still technically male.

>but since there is that one Y chromosome right there let's send her in the men's restroom, men's locker room, maybe draft her with the males, what do you say?
Na. I'm not saying that at all. It's not like there are DNA testers outside all public restrooms. If they express female sex characteristics, then they can go into the women's restroom. Like the other user is saying. If they developed (naturally) a vagina and breasts and whatever, we should treat them as women, of course.

>Those people have nothing in common with males, and all (except ovaries and XY) in common with females. You want to keep thinking they're men? Go ahead, but it bears no meaning beyond yourself saying "lol you're a man" to yourself.
No I never said that. I said they're technically, genetically male. Not that we should treat them as men. You're letting your personal triggering get in the way of the discussion at hand.

A single case study on a single crossdresser with questionable results.
The reason people don't investigate it is because antiphychotics don't do anything. You think that no one ever thought to try anti-psychotics? Before 20 or so years ago they were considered crazy and they let any "doctor" experiment on them.
Anti-psychotics don't help dysphoira, a lot of trans people have been forced to do them and in none of them did it help. At all.
Considering yourself an expert and thinking you know better than all medical professionals because you have a special edge is absolutley retarded. You obviously don't know shit about trans people and acting like you do when you spout moronic garbage like that just lets everyone know you're full of shit.

It is objectively a mental disorder.

"Transgender" is just another name for "Gender Dysphoria", which is just as fucked as Schizophrenia.

But what do you say about the trannies on testosterone, are you aware they exist? Base reasoning is the same, and you might be correct on the account of seeking to be someone else, but then if you are claiming estrogen is the source of the abyss-enhancing power it doesn't really stand for both sides.

Not personal triggering, this fucking buzzword is getting on my nerves anyway. Just saying that while they are genetically male, it makes no absolute sense to call them such, and I don't see why you're so adamant on stating it's somehow a determining factor, if you yourself agree it really makes no difference in how they express themselves as women to the eyes of everybody. The Y chromosome is irrelevant to their woman status.

It would be ridiculous if you called me bald in that instance. And yes they are technically "genetically" male but they aren't really male in the real sense of the word. Let's agree to disagree

You're missing some, bigot.

I'm just being technical. While sure I think we should treat someone that expresses female sex characteristics such as naturally developing a vagina and breasts as a woman, I'm just saying they are technically male if they have a Y chromosome. Not even necessarily a man, but technically male. I'd honestly probably treat them fully as a woman and not be tempted to call them a male or a man or whatever. I might have spoken without thinking it fully through up above where I might be tempted to.

I mean I think we agree as far as practicality and everyday application of all this, I was maybe getting a bit too technical in my arguments. That person would technically be male, while maybe not necessarily a man, if that makes any more sense of my position. I agree with you guys when it comes to everyday stuff.

Yeah, and I get you meant technically, but still that technicality doesn't interfere much with their role and status, and the original argument was that even in the case of trannies, it's not much chromosomes but rather the primary\secondary sex characteristics that determine the fact they're not women\men. But then, going back to this, if a tranny fully expresses as a woman, no way to determine it was a man (hypothetically speaking, took anti androgens before puberty masculinized the body), got srs and all of the rest, would chromosomes really matter in your perception of them as women or is it really just the fact they didn't develop those characteristics naturally? I think the latter.

"People" who voted no should be banned from /pol and subsequently gassed.

Yes, but I have nothing against them

>Do I think it's something you should be treated for?
No

>Do I think trannies are freaks?
No

>Do I mind them using the same bathroom?
No

On a side note, that's a pretty cute flag