Smoke Detector inspections WITHOUT NOTICE

I live in Montreal, and this morning a fire safety inspector along with 2 building managers were going from door to door to inspect the smoke detectors, WITHOUT NOTICE. When they came to mine I wanted to know why there was no notice, but they kept saying in French that it was for my safety, etc. They insisted, and all 3 entered my apartment. I let the inspector pass while standing in the way so the others couldn't get passed a few feet as they tried to make their way into my home. Is this legal? It seems like a home invasion.

Other urls found in this thread:

tenantrights.ca/facts/quebec#landlord-entry
ezlandlordforms.com/articles/landlord-tenant-laws/205/quebec-landlord-tenant-law-summary/
ville.montreal.qc.ca/sim/sites/ville.montreal.qc.ca.sim/files/your_life_demands_it_and_so_does_the_by-law.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>is this legal?

In leafland I wouldn't be surprised

>Is this legal

How can we know without knowing Canadian "rent-law" and your rent-contract?

It sounds like bullshit and illegal though.

>knowing Canadian "rent-law" and your rent-contract
That's why I'm posting here, I can't find a clear law for this. What would have happened if I didn't open the door?

In the UK, if you rent, the person who owns the property needs to give you at least 24 hours notice before coming round for anything, even an inspection. No idea if leafcucks have the same rules.

Should have refused, user.
told them to bug off or your calling the police. You need 24 hour notice and you dont know who they are, they could have been anybody

not sure about quebec, but in Ontario i know for a fact they have to provide 24 hours written notice. i would complain to the landlord tenant board (or the equivalent in your area) to but your landlord on notice that you won't be putting up with his shit.

Source: Landlord.

>24 hours

lmao, what good is that if you don't check your mailbox?

Here it's 6 WEEKS. They can obviously request to come by sooner but they're not allowed to if you don't agree. Unless it's an emergency like broken pipe or something.

Are you upset because they saw your dragon dildo and anime pillow collections and laughed at you?

>not sure about quebec
But can anyone find a source for this?

>is this legal
For the owner to go in the house

Yes yes it is

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

*CRASH*

this shit happened to me while i was visiting a friend this summer. they gave him notice though.

sad story renters. the inspections are mandatory for your landlord. you're stuck in the middle because you are a lowly renter. if you don't live in a rental, this won't happen to you.

Learn to Google you lazy frog

tenantrights.ca/facts/quebec#landlord-entry

24 hours notice with a reference to the civil code

After long and exhaustive research I managed to find this in a dark, tiny corner of the internet.

>What is the right of entry for a landlord in Quebec?
>The landlord must give 24 hours verbal notice before entering into the rental unit, except in the case of an emergency. The landlord may only enter the premises between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM to make minor repairs, and the hours of 9 AM and 9 PM to show the property to prospective renters or buyers.

ezlandlordforms.com/articles/landlord-tenant-laws/205/quebec-landlord-tenant-law-summary/

In Britain the police can just walk right into your unlocked house.

>high trust area
>police destroy that trust

We get mailed delivered straight through the door, no need for checking a box. Also, most people have this modern thing called a telephone.

If you rent something to someone you can't just use it as you wish.

damn canda/europe cucks. You now how many safety inspections I've had in my life.none.

in France you can refuse them the access to your property if they're not there to do any "emergency repairs". And even if they're present for that, you can first ask your landlord weither it's legit or not.

but, he, it's 2017 in Trudeauland

You should have used castle doctri... oh wait. Sorry bro, I'll let you get back to prepping your bull.

>verbal notice

if you don't have a current phone number listed with you landlord, he doesn't have to track you down. he can post a notice. it is the renters responsibility to ensure the landlord is provided with current contact information.

This is why we have a constitution

24 hours is still not a lot of time. What if you're away and have all kinds of shit lying around that you don't want your landlord to see? 24 hours notice is just ridiculous. So even if you're away for a couple of days you have to live with the possibility that your landlord could enter your apartment while you're not there? fucking hell, no way I would rent under those terms.

OP, you are retarded. I'm sure it's similar in Canada, but even the POLICE are required to have a warrant. What makes you think someone of even lesser authority could come in?

In Canada probably since you are such cucks

>he let them in

Should've called the cops, you fucking mong. It's a trick used by burglars to scout out homes

I found this, and it's okay I guess for mandatory inspections, but SPONTANEOUSLY? What are my rights?
ville.montreal.qc.ca/sim/sites/ville.montreal.qc.ca.sim/files/your_life_demands_it_and_so_does_the_by-law.pdf

>smoke alarm inspection
This is a hustle. Police here are warning against those. You shouldn't let those people in as they are thives. One will distract you while the others steal stuff from your place.

People who install smoke detectors or change batteries are sent from your landlord, and your landlord, not they, gives you two weeks prior notice.

Then why do you let Congress rape it at least five time a year?

>leaf gets his house cased by criminals and posts about it
Lock your doors and keep a gun by your bed tonight

>you are retarded
I guess I am.... I live in subsidized coop housing and the building management like to do things "their way"

Just call the fucking number on the pamphlet and ask.

op got or will get rob

OP you just let a burglar gang recce your house

Expect a BnE this week or the next

This x1000

Your a dumbass and a cuck, lel they probably kept repeating themseves to be let in. They tried this stunt with me yesterday, i flat out denied them entry and said no. I told em to come back another day or give me notice. Maybe if you had conviction in place of a quivering leaf you may actually have had the balls to deny entry. These inspectors are enforcing the civil code or city by laws, they cannot arrest you or gain forceful entry. They are required to give notice, they are literal door to door sales man until they have a piece of paper with your name and adresss, but you still let them them eh. God help the future of this country.

I live in Montreal and you don't have to let them in. If they have a problem they can file a non-eviction claim at the Regie to force access, the average delay for a non-eviction hearing is 1.5-2 years btw lel

>implying they saw anything worth stealing

>implying any house has nothkng worth stealing

Its all depending on your rent contract.
You should have a signed copy in your apartment, generally the contract will state that they have to give you 24 hour notice, but ive seen shyster landlords who try and weasle shit in. You probably couldve just told them to fuck off.

Smoke detector inspection is euphemism for diversity squad. Next time show them blacked.com browser history and they will leave.