Could Spain conquer Portugal if no one intervened?

Could Spain conquer Portugal if no one intervened?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Zamora
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista#/media/File:Almohad1200.png
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Valdevez
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberian_Union
jornaleconomico.sapo.pt/noticias/portugal-e-o-quinto-maior-exportador-de-calcado-na-china-124442
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes but why would no one intervene?

No

Portugal WILL conquer Spain.

since when has portugal been there? is this one of those mandela effects? where is the moon now?

In my hyper-historical, Finno-Afro-Swedish wargames simulator (Hearts of Iron) I always conquer Spain as Portugal

>touching the UK greatest Ally and friend
I'd happily genocide everyone who ever hurts brotugal

Yes, but why would they want to conquer it?

They couldn't even take Gibraltar

Thanks for the preference but we are not interested.

If Spain ever touched Portugal wouldn't we intervene considering Portugal is just our proxy in case Spain acts up?

Military speaking?

Theoretically yes. But spanish army doesn't have the means to control a hostile territory that big for so long. So they will barely manage to maintain it.

>Could Spain conquer Portugal if no one intervened?

they sure tried it many times without success.

>since when has portugal been there?
1139 (1143 when Spain and the Pope recognized us as sovereign Kingdom)

>I'd happily genocide everyone who ever hurts brotugal
You bring a tear to my eyes oldest Ally

Yes, but the OP is interested in the hypothetical scenario where you don't.

I can't honestly think of one single reason why we would ever want to conquer Portugal. Even the mere idea of a political union (Iberian republic?) seems retarded, sorry. Not because we're somehow completely different people (we aren't, far from it), but because it makes no economic or political sense: the amount of money we would need to put Portugal's infrastructures on par with those in the rest of Spain (even those of real shit regions like Andalusia) is mind-boggling, and adding Portugal to the list of Spanish regions with strong nationalist movements like Catalonia or the Basque Country is even more insane.

No, I love my Portubros and I repect their independence. Spain has nothing to gain from it.

Worry not about Portugal, anglo bitch. Gibraltar will be ours soon enough. Oh, Brexit, how happy you made us.

>if no one intervened?
As if.

No, don't be stupid.

Haven't they tried a load of times before? They couldn't even take Gibraltar, they can barely hold onto what's inside their borders already. The Spanish are pathetic.

I would say yes, but there would be heavy losses on both sides, and it would make absolutely no sense to do it.

I actually like the Spanish, cool bros all around. Catalunia is shit tho.

You need soldiers to fight a war.

And knowing a few dozen Spanish they're too busy being unemployed, and fucking tourist women to go fight anyone.

neither country is even close to what is was obviously, but Portugal has got to be historically one of the scrappiest nations out there.
I believe they will be around long after most other euro countries have dissolved. Their geographic position probably helps a lot with that.

Spain did not exist in 1143 you dingus.

Spain is barely 500 years old.

Digits confirm Portugal would annex Spain in a war

I'm going to test fate.
Doubles and Portuguese are Africans.
9 and portugal is filled with superior master race.
1 And we come from aliens.

No number, I eat bacalhau.

You're right sorry, I meant the Kingdom of León
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Zamora

I can only recall that weird submerged pyramid we have on the Azores. Whatever happened to that?

How did portugal even become its own country?

>inb4 bloody Spanish-Portuguese war that drags on for a decade, completely depleting both sides
>Morocco invades and cleans up.

The same could be said about the US.

Templars.
Crusades.
Mostly Templars

in a week

No....we fought a war and won our independence. im just not really sure how portugal came to be. when Spain pushed the moors off the peninsula, why didnt they get portugal as well?

Ask Nuno Álvares Pereira, he'll happily answer that question

Not like they didn't try before

this

Nah, it was several kingdoms.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista#/media/File:Almohad1200.png

>im just not really sure how portugal came to be.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Valdevez
>when Spain pushed the moors off the peninsula, why didnt they get portugal as well?
They tried. They lost.

Portugal was under the Spanish Crown for 60 years, from 1580 to 1640, because our King died in Africa without leaving a son.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberian_Union

>Umayyad Caliphate take over majority of Iberia after Romes downfall
>Over time the Catholics manage to retake it all
>Originally there were a lot of different kingdoms, but most were absorbed by Castille (predecessor to Spain)
>Portugal managed to remain independent partly due to alliances, but also the Spaniards being pretty shit at fighting anything other than mudskins and natives in the new world

if you're asking unironically

>Portugal was part of the kebab removal team
>Protected by the pope
>A country founded and run by crusaders
>Portugal also fought several wars of independence
>Including one that freed Portugal from the Spanish empire 100 years before the USA existed
>Portugal did it all without the Atlantic between them and their overlords
>then in the 60s JFK funded black people to kill europeans in their colonies so that the communists to take it all for themselves
the end

They tried several times.
They failed every time.

We should have conquered Japan when we had the chance.

>then in the 60s JFK funded black people to kill europeans in their colonies so that the communists to take it all for themselves
wha? why would JFK want to help communists

Gigraltar

Praise KEK

>>then in the 60s JFK funded black people to kill europeans in their colonies so that the communists to take it all for themselves
>the end
>wha? why would JFK want to help communists
We ask you the same shit

Portugal seems to be the only Southern European State that is not total shit.

They fucking manage to turn around their shitty situation and pay back what they owe unlike Spain/Italy/Greece.

I have a feeling like they would fuck over Spain. As Spaniards are undisciplined lazy bums most fo the time.

>If no one intervened
As if this country doesn't have way too many Chinese investment and interest?

We might live here but sure as fuck this country isn't ours lol

so no, Spain couldn't do anything even if we weren't in an eternal peace state with them because that would mean getting in bad terms with the chinks.

>They failed every time.

except you were part of their empire for quite a while

incorrect,
the visigoths ruled iberia for 400 years after fall of rome and before shitskin invasion; and the Portuguese were granted independance from the Kingdom of Galicia in the 900s.

where did you think portugal was m8

HAHAHAHAHA

They tried for 800 years until they got tired to lose men and gave up.

Most of the Spaniards casualties were not even from the battles but from the peasants picking them off on their disorganized retreat back into Spain.

In one of these battles the king had to make a bloody edit giving Spaniards safe passage back into Spain because their bodies kept blocking the streams and preventing the small rivers from flowing into our villages.

I-I thought I was the only one

>when Spain pushed the moors off the peninsula, why didnt they get portugal as well?

Hahaha, wait, you're serious?

Portugal kicked the moors out of his side of the peninsula in the lifetime of our king while fending the Spanish attempts to conquer our clay back.

Spanish never finished their side and that's why they're filled with moors. sad!

I would prefer for portugal to invade us, cuck us and breed us out of existence
How can us, spanish men even compete to the superior big portuguese cock?

nobody outside of portugal gives a shit

Also our first king was a manlet with stubby legs.

And he still BTFO these muslim shits

Morocco will conquer Portugal AND Spain.

New Andalucia 2018.

Never

Portugal in unconquerable. Even if you beat our army, you will not beat our people :)

"ronaldo" is gay

Luis Figo best Port. player

More likely in that event

>Morocco would most likely be attacked if they invaded to clean up
>Instead, supports Andalusian independence movement
>Andalusia threatens to break free
>Spain tells them to fuck off
>Civil war
>Morrocco supports Andalusians
>Sends troops and arms
>Uses them to set up the new caliphate in Iberia

Other nations are far less likely to get involved in a civil war scenario.

I just wish there was a way to kill all the feminism and antifas in my city. God fucking damn these degenerates put a new fucking message/sticker every day.

Can someone plese help me making nazi pepe stickers to put on top of theirs just to piss them off?

Also can someone post portugals economic exports graph? What is our economy made off? Why are we so poor?

Only finns come from aliens

Didn't Ronaldo have a bf who hang out with in Morrocco? I remember seeing his gay pics

>why is tiny country with no natural resources in post-colonial world poor?
it is a mystery

We're 5th place regarding shoes exports to China
jornaleconomico.sapo.pt/noticias/portugal-e-o-quinto-maior-exportador-de-calcado-na-china-124442
Not bad for us

wtf i love portugal now

lmao

Service nation... really not much in the way of exports

Have a Portupepe, my dear neighbor

lol dé-mos.

That's our secret, we always find a way, we call it "desenrasca-te"

Yes, we are in the list of countries that have had incredible and remarkable achievements and then lost it all or at least a huge huge part of it. I can also stay optimistic about our future given the lack of refugees here (the government has already plenty of mouths to feed), the constant strong culture among us, and clearly the geographic part (militarily it's easier to fight a country in the middle of europe).

Fucking UM alredy has flyers for the refuges and the commies, disgusting.

>Yes, we are in the list of countries that have had incredible and remarkable achievements and then lost it all or at least a huge huge part of it
We are exactly the same, only without the optimism...

but our negroes

our population is super hold

all the smart young ones are outside the country

negros reproduce like hell

Yes.

>Several orders of magnitude above any military ranking
>Higher population
>They don't even have attack helicopters
>No minelayers
>Not anything near an aircraft carrier.
>Much bigger labor force and industrial capacity
>Spain has 3-4 times the defence budget.

In case of total war, they would have to go the best korea route and resort to guerrilla fighting, in any other political context they might stand a chance but it depends on the circumstances.

Why though? What is in Portugal that you would want to have?

My understanding of that dynamic is that Portuguese are like the ancient Romans and Spaniards are like dago wop guinea goombahs from Jersey.

Like, analogy-wise.

Spanish and Portuguese people both aren't white.

We literally export 95% of all the goods we make. I just posted a link to an article that says that and that we're right now the 5th top footwear exporters in China.

A-and not just that one of the cientistes that discovered those new planets was Portuguese. It was a girl, I forgot her name now.

>hurr durr history is stupid

Nigger go back to Africa

Portuguese and Spanish people aren't white.

moorish qts

>and the Portuguese were granted independance from the Kingdom of Galicia in the 900s.
no...
We were a county until 1143, but not independent

>Luis Figo best Port
he likes money as much as a jew.

like this?

This is why Trump has to shut down the CIA or at least kill all the warmongers in there. They have been doing this shit and fucking everything up since forever.
Angola and Mozambique could still be Portuguese. South Africa would still be great. Rhodesia would exist.
No nigger births growing exponentially.

>We are exactly the same, only without the optimism...
Listen to Mosley my friend. Make your friends read him too.

ok snow ape.

>this divide and conquer.

why would anyone intervene?

no, I mean your country today is irrelevant and might as well just be part of spain

Glorious portuguese ocean. Check it out one of the biggest.

wow

much shilling

such jew

so jidf

very kosher

>any "irrelevant" country should be a part of a "relevant" country
>the world should have about eight countries
fuck off globalist scum

Indepence is a meme, nations are stronger together not separated.

>moorish qts
nigga just why?

We don't deserve this shit. Why is this city so cucked?

what? didn't the British Empire think everyone was a rival and must be integrated into the British empire?

We should seriously think about joining up with the burgers though. I'm sick of paying border fees on shit I order online and getting price gouged on everything.