Does your government give you clean water?

How does your Gov. deal with domestic water service were you live?

Whats the pretreatment process?

How much do you pay?

Etc.?

I recently moved to N. Charleston SC and the domestic water quality appears worse than my previous residence.

Pic related: This is whats left over after boiling away 4 cups of tap water.

Were I live now the Water and Sewer Department simply says their pretreatment process comply with all the applicable federal and state laws.

Link to W&S department for my county:
dorchestercounty.net/index.aspx?page=485

Looked for 10min to find out exactly what goes into our water.
Cant find anything. (should be very easy to find).

I pay 60-70$ a month for water and sewer.

I do not know what material the DOM Water mains/branches are.

Other urls found in this thread:

enlight-inc.com/blog/?p=1036
harvesth2o.com/statues_regulations.shtml
ncsl.org/research/environment-and-natural-resources/rainwater-harvesting.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Pic related: This is whats left over after boiling away 4 cups of tap water.

Mineral deposits.
If it makes you reeeeeee too much, buy a fucking water softener.

Yeah, the tap water is pretty good here. You pay 2-3 € for a cubic meter, which is around 250 gallons.

I live in Colorado and our water is among the best in the country. It taste great.

Pro-tip: anywhere mountainous area will have better than average water. All you downstream plebs drink our runoff which runs through reservoirs, farmland, cities...

We have more water per capita than most countries in the world. Our system copies America, therefore they put hydrofluoric acid into it.

My water is Hard, therefore it leaves that effect in my kettle and bathtub, I filter the water which prevents that.

Oh yeah, it is free. As we are a tiny population with huge water resources, paying for it should be very cheap.

Those are mineral deposits. You could do some fun stuff with that and try to isolate a specific mineral you want. If you're too concerned with them, buy a water softener. I have one in Arizona and my water is silky smooth, especially during showers

What if i told i have my own water from well?and its clean and tastes good

My brother's house also has this facility.

Remember, if you let Fracking into your country, your ground water will become tainted.

I work for one of the larger water supply companies in Germany. We do have some pretty good water quality of here. There is a problem with agriculture waste going into the water, but new filters are being designed as we speak.

Word.

Now the real question about Charleston is:
Why does a city that smell like shit between the paper mill and port gets so many tourist $$?

Id say try not to piss in it.

I use drinkable water to for the garden.

>nigger children dying of deghydritation
>i shower with clean water

>not having your own well like a free man.
>actually paying for water
>its shit water with who-knows what in it

Pathetic

Yes, clean water. Our county has own purificator plant, not really gubernement controlled.

They are poisoning us with the fluoride in the
water.

I actually have no idea how water is managed in England. I just pay £20 a month and get unlimited clean water.

true.

relatable

this, it's mainly lime because your water is in a hard area. i bought a softner because water is very hard in london, kettle used to scale up after boiling now it doesn't

Are you the Charlotte refugee?

Ya caught me.

I'm in the library right now, in the cubicles and will be again probably at 9am Monday.

No, my government attempts to confiscate and tax my clean water.
enlight-inc.com/blog/?p=1036
harvesth2o.com/statues_regulations.shtml
ncsl.org/research/environment-and-natural-resources/rainwater-harvesting.aspx

I live in Louisiana, specifically East Baton Rouge Parish. We get our water from an ancient aquifer deep underground. Some of the cleanest water in the US. Unlike nearby New Orleans, who gets their drinking water from the ass end of the Mississippi River. Their water is literally deadly.

If you count bottled water, then yes.
Because most of those companies are run by our government.

i pay 3$ for water the quality is okish but i have a uv filter just in case

We have good water here in central Florida. Called the springs capitol of the world, not sure if it is or not. I my self have spring water well so it only cost electric to pump it to the house. My bill for that is not much. I also have a septic system for sewage. If you go into the cities they put all kinds of stuff in the water and the sewage runs about 60-90 a month. We have the aquafur under Florida so the water here is normally clean and cheap. Closer to the coast the water gets shitty it either stinks or is treated with chemicals.