Why don't young people move to the countryside, buy house and land and get married...

Why don't young people move to the countryside, buy house and land and get married? Why do they fall for the big city meme?

Need money to buy house. Need job to get money. Jobs only in cities. Fuck my life.

The expectation
>plenty of entertainment
>vast opportunities
>booming nightlife
>"making it"

The reality
>loud as fuck
>smog
>daily ramblings from rob the subway schizo
>having your shit stolen
>high cost of living
>stress

>Roads for car and/or public transport, don't have to walk
>Restaurants, don't have to cook
>Jobs, don't have to take care of your self

Atleast that's how I imagine it, I hate cities, too loud and generally unhealthy to live in, but it's OK to visit every once in a while

what are some ways to revitalize a small town under 100k

Nuuk is pretty hopping, isn't it?

This. Also, I moved to the city and no one told me about bums and drug addicts shitting everywhere. Human feces. Fucking hate living in the city. Gross.

Because they're not content with a traditional life, they want to be "sucessfull"(by the TV, family and their friend's standarts of course).

Grew up in a small town of less than 50 thousand, I don't get the city life at all.

Kinda, it's getting bigger compared to other towns. Norway is investing in building a new airport, which is stupid there's gonna be so much delays because shit weather

Yup. I'm living in Buenos Aires (though I'm not from here) and it's absolute shit. Noisy, filthy, stressful, everywhere you go it's fucking piled up with people. I only dream of moving into the country.

Some people love this, though.

I've always wanted to visit Greenland, looks comfy as fuck. How big is your town?

I live in the city because my parents are immigrants and they were able to find jobs here, so we settled here. Planning on leaving after uni

Gee, I don't know, maybe it's the fact that by working in the city, I'm in the top 10% earners in the country at the age of 27. And that's with 9 to 5, no bonuses or overtime included.

Traditional life is very difficult to achieve. The only reason it exists because the city folk need their food grown by someone willing to work in the dirt so some other ass hole can label it as organic planting soil for their therapy plants sprung all over their god damned offices.

Only good thing we have going is the electorate college otherwise we'd have people living in cities not knowing a damn thing about rural life making decisions for us. Even then that's very faulty.

Because that's expensive and requires a lot of capital. Also living in the countryside or in a small town isn't very fun/entertaining, not much nightlife and opportunities to do much. The only reason to do it is to raise a family. Cities are almost universally superior for singles or even childless couples.

t. guy from small town of about 30,000 people.

I live in Disco Bay area, Ilulissat. Population is around 5.000-6.000, and lots of sledge dogs. I suppose it's OK to visit during winter, since it's full of mosquitos during summer (a lot, midnight sun too) and it's cold during winter (which it usually is, and dark for the most time) Now we're getting colder till april–tonight's around -30°C, -35°C

I like weird places, so I think I'd be fine. How much of the time do you speak Greenlandic vs. Danish?

>The only reason it exists because the city folk need their food grown by someone willing to work in the dirt
I wish i could meet you IRL so I could beat the living shit out of you.

You ooze degeneracy like a preop tranny.

>nightlife and opportunities meme

used to live in Washington. very much this

people drive a fucking hour to Seattle just to afford their house out in Puyallup

Gee, I don't know. Maybe it's because good farmland is about $5000/acre in Alberta. That's not to mention the house, the taxes, equipment to farm, vehicles, and utilities.

This is like asking: why doesn't everyone just move to mansion in the mountains?

Depends who I am speaking to. My cousin is Danish and I speak to her in Kalaallisut and she speaks to me in Danish, but Danes that come here to work can't into our language, so it's pretty rare. It's more likely to use Danish in Nuuk, and foreigners around Disco Bay (teachers from France and asians living here... I don't think they speak to anyone, desu those asians)

Awesome, that's super interesting. Thanks for the talk, man :)

that's the life goal
but I'm never gonna have enough money cause I'm a degenerate fuck

Because finding a job in a small town is near impossible. Less you have an already established family farm or a small business, it's harder to make it in a rural area than the city.

I wish you could meet me IRL too so i could shoot you in self defense.

Your kind of stupidity has no place on this planet where you failed to read the rest of my post and decided to be a massive faggot anyway.

>falling for the land Jew

>Your kind of stupidity has no place on this planet where you failed to read the rest of my post and decided to be a massive faggot anyway.
Nothing you said has any redeeming value. At best you come across as an apologist for the leftists, and at the worst a virtue-signaling faggot who can't hide his absence of power level.

Because large tracts of land are impractical, and the suburbs are disgustingly bare. Millenials who grow up in the suburbs get sick of it. If you want to go anywhere, you have to drive. There is nothing for miles except for houses that look the same and blank expanses of asphalt. There is no architectural style, no history, no culture. It's in the middle of somewhere that's mildly close to an urban area.

It's not isolated, either. Some asshole blasts his speakers at 3:00 in the morning and because American houses are made of fucking cardboard, it's as if you're standing in his living room. The only advantage a suburban house has over an apartment is more room to keep shit you don't need. It isn't /comfy/, it isn't "freedom." It's like living in a cancerous tumour that is impossible to escape.

>the country = the suburbs
You need to get out more.

Because the 1% own all that and the country is for backwards racists and stuff. We're living in 2017, people.

What is a big city?

Seeing as we only have one city that comes even close to that (Oslo, about 500k), big city life is not really an option.

We do however have insane prices in some of our "cities".

Tromso, the last civilized outpost of Northern Norway, in the middle of a frozen wasteland, with just 70k people, is expensive as fucking fuck.

No jobs in the country, the feel of walking a few meters and have everything in reach.
And personally, I find the background noise of a busy city comfy.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia had a great episode about the nightmare of living in the suburbs. American suburbs look disgusting and I would rather kill myself than live in one.

If you move to a rural town or city you'll end up hating it. There are no jobs anymore, and even places *with* jobs won't hire you because you will probably not be able to have a successful interview ith them.

Of course there are the gravy train teaching/medical industries, but for teachers at least, your life will be a living hell as dindus will reject your authority in the classroom and maybe even assault you

Did you read the first part of the first sentence? If you want to buy a large piece of land, it's extremely far from any place of work. All of the large land parcels in America near cities have already been bought up by suburban developers.

If you want to live in the country, be my guest. Enjoy your 2+hour commute. Or if you choose to work from home, enjoy your isolated, lonely life.

>wanting to be surrounded by people
>not being content with just farm animals and internet

>Implying you would want to live next to pic related
>Implying modern farms let animals roam in their pastures
Keep dreaming of your fantasy world

i did this, i am doing this, worth it 10/10
(google permaculture farming)

lol those faggots

i just moved to a tropical island

You're willkommen Ameribro

Same reductionist shit every fucking thread.

>every suburb ever is a giant sprawls outside a giant metro area like LA :^)

>just move to the country where there're no jobs and *maybe* shit satellite internet at best :^)

You know, there is the whole like, rest of the country, out there. And I don't mean flyover shit; I mean areas that simply aren't NYC, DC, LA, Chicago, Boston, etc. that have plenty of infrastructure, jobs, and housing. Quit that foreigner tier thinking like America = New York with 3 mi2 of wrapping around it.

More jobs, public transport, shops, etc. I've always wondered what it'd be like in the county - many aspects of it appeal a lot to me, but it has its cons too. A quiet suburban area is more balanced.

Startup cost is gigantic though and your margins are bare bones... One bad season can ruin you no problem.

>Implying modern farms let animals roam in their pastures
>Implying they don't
Oh, you poor brainwashed lad.

I plan to once I'm far enough along in my job to still be employed out there

>t. some faggot who has never lived in a large small town with actually /comfy/ suburbs and plenty of large tracts of land for sale for cheap in the surrounding area
Boy does it feel good to live in Montana. And no, you can't live here, fuck off.

Jobs in the city.
Rednecks in the country.

You're an idiot who's never been to a farming state if you think that. There are animals other than chickens you know.
> What are cows/feedlots/ranches
> What are pigs

Yeah why don't they just go and ruin every piece of land in existence instead of just the ones that are already ruined good plan.

jobs, that's really it
my family already lives in a small countryside village and I already have my house there, but there's barely any job for the locals and it's all manual stuff I'm not qualified for

my best option is probably to become an high school teacher, but given the hassle needed to get the position I'll probably need to work in some city for a while whilst I get my teaching exams done and make some cash

cities are a fucking cancer and they are only going to get worse with the current situation

>jobs in the city
Niggers seriously believe this.
Everything cost more in the city, you have more competition in the city.

Move to the countryside and commute an hour.
You get all the benefits of high pay and your bills are dirt cheap.

>make 70k in TN
>living like someone who makes over a million dollars in California

EVEN MORE RARE THAN ME

that's what I want, honestly. Cities are terrible. All of them

I don't get the hate for American suburbs, I used to live in one as a kid and I fucking loved it, safe clean manicured lawns, big ass house's and friendly neighbours, I remember having a group of 20 something friend's, we all lived close to each other and shit, god I miss that life!..

its because suburbs are mostly a white thing. They resent that white people can come together in communities without murdering each other like every "diverse" area

fuck you nigger i dream of moving to montana

Young people base their entire existence around smart phones. The countryside is bad because they can't exist without Uber/Tinder/etc. They need to rent or lease everything and never develop any skills. They can't cook or drive, so they need to walk to restaurants or have food delivered from a phone. One night stands are a priority as well. They are basically trying to relive college forever.

That's the only "real" argument I've seen so far, which doesn't really make sense, I a article recently about how diversity is actually very prevalent in suburbs, it's the "worked for many years to live in this community and yes I'm a minority" type of diversity.

>not """"qualified""" for manual work
>checks flag
my grandma told me Italian men were lazy but shit son how hard is it to pick some grapes

I just prefer the city. Farm life just wasn't for me, suburbs are okay but I can't afford to live in a really nice one.

>implying you will be lonely with a wife and as many kids you can make
>implying you won't be lonely in a city

as I said, there's barely any job for the locals, so there's too much competition, that's the problem Josè

you can say this about literally any business venture.

>do your homework and don't be an idiot about your goals in life.

>moving to montana

I drove through Montana a couple years ago. They were open-carrying in their Walmart. The clerk even said "thanks for supporting our rights" to the guy.

That Walmart had bins of survival rations and dehydrated food.