How do you deal with overbearing nihilism?

how do you deal with overbearing nihilism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NgOSb5rGYg4
youtube.com/watch?v=svtMb81Foro
philosophy.lander.edu/ethics/epicurus.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You worship something.

memes

Avoid hedonism, embrace struggle

Lower your IQ

Ethnic paganism and having somewhat of an understanding of evolutionary biology.

read what (general) nihilsm is and the staggering amounts of refutations philosophers have provided

cardio

Once you realize that nothing matters and there is no meaning you are free to create your own morality and meaning. Become the Ubermench

How to surpass nihilism?

That's easy.
You disregard all evidence that runs contrary to the holocaust, you tell people to worship the kike on a stick that promotes ((tolerance, weakness, and humility)), and you finally convince Sup Forums that you're /theirguy/ and the_donaldfags that stuck past the election all masturbate to your pseudo-intellectual babble. Oh and you call everyone that wants to fix the hot mess we're in a fascist.

zen

zen

I do it by focusing on my art.
Find a productive skill, and put everything into it.

Understand that nihilists are mostly cowards who operate under the assumption that they know what the future holds.

They don't.

Yes, you will die. Everyone you know will die. The earth will eventually be vaporized when the sun enters the red giant phase. BUT, that doesn't mean that humanity will cease to exist elsewhere. It doesn't mean that you can't at least ATTEMPT to do something that will be remembered billions or trillions of years from now. Humans are very creative, and I firmly believe that we will set up civilizations elsewhere, long before this planet dies. I could be wrong, but look at how rapidly technology is advancing. I mean, what was cutting edge when your great-grandfather was alive? A record player? Now we have 3D printers that can manufacture human tissue. The thought of us venturing into the stars in the next 100 years isn't exactly out of the question.

So try to make an impact now. Do something unique. Because maybe you could achieve immortality with your accomplishments. Sound too far fetched? Then by all means, go smoke weed and rant about how "existence is meaningless, duuuude."

By being morally structured and ethical and embracing it because it makes for a better society. Love that you're here and are capable of being a compassionate and empathetic human being.

i realize in truth there is no subhuti, and so subhuti does not preside anywhere

>this painting will be amazing!
>...but in 100 years it will probably end up in someones closet behind their bath robe

By making my life interesting to me.

Judaism. There's always more to control, so you never get to settle down and be sad.

Raja Yoga.

Royal Union with the Divine.

you don't. just enjoy the absurdity and make fun of everything.

link?

I have a drinking problem, which softens it temporarily. But the best antidote to nihilism is good conversation with your friends and family.

Easy.

Find fulfilment in distraction.

by not being dead
you can't truly be nihilistic and thinking because you have to believe something to think

Search for meaning in your life where it presents itself, Jordan.

As you said yourself, meaning shines forth, if only you had the eyes to see it.

Our destiny is the stars. Humans must branch out and conquer the universe if we are to last. Do your part to improve the world. Immortalize yourself through your actions, through your work, through your impact on others. A lesson my great, great, great grandfather taught his child has affected me personally, and in turn will affect my children. Become a great man, or a great woman.
There is hope in this world, there is beauty and sadness and death and pain…. and happiness. Throw off the shackles of consumerism, it will only increase this idea that nothing matters. Do not listen to commercials, they only tell you that you’re missing something. Learn about psychology to assist in improving yourself.

make children with a worthy woman

counterorder.com

Suicide or just don't bother.
Doesn't matter anyways.
Nothing does.

>Nothing does

[citation needed]

I've basically just given up and spend my evenings posting on Sup Forums.

underwhelming disinterest

Nihilism is a jewish invention.

If you're an actual Nihilist you already know the answer

sort yourself out

This.

Nihilism is just a stop on the journey to absurdism.

Become your own meanings.

i like to think of life as a game: ultimately pointless but can be fun while it lasts

also competing against the annoying kids who try to ruin the game for everyone else can be a fun metagame

lacking a higher meaning to follow....

The pressures of the mind cannot crush the body. -st

double negative

>Immortalize yourself through your actions,
lel the point of nihilism is that your actions don't matter.
Like at all.

Mankind is just ultimately insignificant. Even God-Emperors can't change that.

Morality is just an illusion. You think you matter but honestly you don't.

Who will think of Cesar, Napoleon or Hitler in 1 billion years?

Right, no one.

Everything is meanigless so just chill and be a parasitic Neet and die like the rest of us.

Suicide. No seriously, if you feel that insignificant the most logical thing to do should be to kill yourself.

Yet...you haven't. Because you know you can always pick yourself up and stop looking at all the bad things and move forward into forging your own meaning. The strongest people come through the most fierce of struggles.

Stop being bored I suppose

In Jordan Peterson's interview with Reality Calls he evaded answering tough questions directly like the problem with white birth rates, etc. I also read that he found younger people becoming conservative "frightening" and he is rumored to have a mixed child.

With all of that in mind, im kind of unsure why he is so stressed and passionate all the time. To me he just kind of has the old baby boomer post civil rights act attitude towards politics but I cant really tell. Maybe I am over exaggerating, or maybe Jordan has feelings about all of this that he is not sharing with us (for good reason, because he wants to keep his job).

>philosophers
>Having opinions that matter
There is only one philosopher who's opinion you should give a shit about and he isn't going to tell you Nihilism is bullshit because it is the purest truth there is
Now fuck off and take your struggling philosophy degree with you

Lift

Fix one thing in your room.

Surpass, do not.
Kill yourself, do not.
Your lungs draw air.
Seems OK I guess.

We can exist in 1 billion years if we master space flight. Your argument is defeatist and pathetic. People will always look back on Cesar, Marcus Aurelius and others after we set out. I will never be a neet for as long as I live you cumsucking sack of shit.

I converted to Mormonism.

If you truly believed in nihilism you would of offed yourself by now. The fact you can sit on your ass in comfort and shelter and shitpost is proof of someones rejection of nihilism. Stop using nihilism to justify being a useless lazy fucker. Nihilism is the fedora of philosophy. Get off your ass and do something,

instead of staring from you accept history and build upon it
If you dont like the bible you scratch it
you dont think god exist meee deleted

but dont try to start from 0 and expect to find answers

Jordan Peterson
youtube.com/watch?v=NgOSb5rGYg4

/thread

I'm not nihilistic. Modernity is so terrible and enveloping that I don't know what to do. I can't deeply engage with society without selling my soul one piece at a time.

find something to live for.

I've picked exploring,most people don't really travel much,or if they do they dont really go interesting places.

I document dank shit I see and get cool stories mane

DXM

I do a bunch of blow and fuck hookers

Nationalism? Hard right wing politics? Building an identity? Not allowing degenerate actions to rule my life?

Solitude.

Leaf.

t. nihilist

While he hates the rise of cultural marxism and the far left, the other extreme of the far right has the same problem of requiring an authoritarian and powerful state to function.

Extreme movements always end up stripping rights away from the people. I can understand why he is scared. If any of the radical collectivist movements gain mainstream support, the state is going to make life pretty hard for anyone who doesn't fall in line with whatever extreme bullshit the state supports.

still don't care not

Healthy glucose-free diet, regular Talmudic study, heavy daily cardio, regular sunshine, and constant progress toward some kind of goal.

It isn't easy but that's how you do it.

find something to distract yourself, preferably a higher cause. I only get nihilistic when I'm not engaged with anything.

I think you're giving humans too much credit. We will have ended ourselves long before the sun vaporizes us.

This guy is trying really, really hard to craft this very specific legacy for himself as a tortured warrior of the truth

Prostitutes.

I go through existentials every few years, originally it started as a 'leaving las vegas' planned week of debauchery followed by suicide turned out to be pretty fun. I don't indulge often but when i do it's usually enough to bring me back from the brink.

Remember what I said about operating under the assumption of knowing what the future holds?

None of us can be certain what will happen.

Can confirm

I know that my future, regardless of if I try to survive or not, is going to be shit. I've been listening to him since he broke out and the only thing I've sorted out is in which ways I'm fucked and how to unfuck some of them. But I'm a morbidly obese virgin 23yo loser with no friends, no job, no studies and no money. 10 years with antidepressives since I tried to kill myself, 7 years a NEET and the funniest thing is I haven't even made any friends on the internet after 7 years being online mostly all the time. I've had a tumblr, lurked here, have a reddit account and a twitter account and after these 7 years there's no one I met on the internet who I talk to regularly.

I have to lose weight, start studying, tell the truth to my family that I haven't done jack shit for 7 years, find activities, learn to socialize, I have to learn fucking everything. I barely know 4-5 street names on my city because I've never been out so much as to learn them. I'm what happens when you give a kid absolutely no guidance in life (my parents thought I was so responsible and inteligent that I would be better raising myself, they were never there except to overprotect me more after I tried to kill myself). I'm already fucking dead, I just can't bring myself to suicide.

What are your guys takes on hedonism?

Ultimately leads to self destruction

boring

embrace your biology, become an alpha and hunt pussy!

She like a younger hotter meg ryan.

No linear times does

Curial factor to self destruction is a pristine cardiovascular system

Explain, leaf

actually this

A balance between this and random bouts of alcoholism

You're the result of 3.8 billion years of biological success. Start acting like it.

What is the cause of this nihilism?

If it is science keep in mind that there's something called the half-life of knowledge: basically, after N years has elapsed half of what we know is shown to be false.

it instantly evaporates the moment you start taking responsibility

*would have

You make the decision that you are worth more than your nihilism; Because you are.
youtube.com/watch?v=svtMb81Foro

Become Stirner and see everything as yours and respect nothing.

Find meaning in everything

Has he been pressured to do some lectures on eva?

we need to meme it

well what kind of behavior do you mean by hedonism? if you mean doing impulsive shit for immediate pleasure... it doesn't sustain interest, you're not using your mind or pushing any boundaries

Kill yourself or like Tyrone impregnate your wife.

Pleasure is the shadow of pain. Suffering is the atomic substructure of conscious experience. Pleasure is therefore inversely proportional to consciousness. This explains why anesthetics have the dual effect of relieving pain and inducing unconsciousness. All addictive drugs function by reducing consciousness in one way or another. The logical end of the hedonistic pursuit of pleasure is total unconsciousness and death. To choose to live is to choose to suffer. The fact that we choose to live proves that human beings are not hedonistic by nature.

hello me

I'm a coward before a nihilist

If you need a quick "get out of suicidal ideation" method try watching some suicide videos.

i think many of us idealize or romanticize the thought of our own suicide but seeing the pathetic reality of most suicides will make you laugh and want to suck a little more juice out of life.

combine buddhism and stirner for maximum self-esteem boost and alleviation of spooks

>Pleasure is the shadow of pain
what did he mean by this

Listen to Townes van zandt ,fuck hookers ,do drugs and drink a lot of boozes

I think more people would kill themselves if no one was afraid of death

The fear of death is analogous to the activation energy of a chemical reaction. Once a person's stress level is greater than or equal to the activation energy, they can cross the barrier and descend into a state of zero stress.

Pleasure is the abscence of pain. It's a philosophical principle established by Epicurus.
philosophy.lander.edu/ethics/epicurus.html