I know there are a lot of Trump supporters here so I come to you with a question. No judgement just a question

I know there are a lot of Trump supporters here so I come to you with a question. No judgement just a question.

Does it bother you that Trump lies constantly? Maybe he legitimately doesn't know he's lying about certain things like the unemployment rate and how many people were at his inauguration but they are lies. Seems like it would get a little irritating to support a guy that says stuff like that all the time but like I said there's no judgement here.

If it does bother you how much? A little? Enough to not vote for him in 4 years?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Other urls found in this thread:

heavy.com/news/2017/01/how-many-people-watched-trump-inauguration-vs-obama-comparisons-tv-streaming-online-viewing-web-traffic-numbers-ratings/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah dude I definitely won't be voting for him in 2020 have some shekels

I'll vote for him next term as well. Reality is democratic party are appointing Keith Ellison a radical muslim who literally has said in recent speeches all will bow down to islam. Scary shit, and everything is stacked against us currently. If democrats get their way and import more minorities they flood our population and turn is permanently blue. Then they import millions of muslims like Europe and a war for our homeland begins. There's way more at stake than you know

well the question was specifically about his lying. Does it bother you?

>Unemployment rates a lie
>Until you account for people living off the government.

also sage because 90% bait

He may not be the president we deserve, he's the president we need right now.

He doesn't think he's lying. That's the problem.

I'm just asking how you feel about it.

Does it bother me? yeah

Would i vote for him in 2020? hell yeah

Things like the inauguration and "we won so biggly" are just marketing, it bothers me when he makes blatantly false claims though or picks actual numbers

if he just said "there were so many people at my inaguration, it was amazing.

Actually though, i was there in DC, there were easily thousands more people outside of the viewing area that were waiting to get in... i was one of those people... i completely missed the inauguration... it sucks desu

When the other side is comprised of literal evil people, I'll take the well meaning idiot. Although I don't think Trump is stupid in the least. Have you listened to 200 of Trumps speeches? I have. I've seen inside the mans head and my opinion is that he is completely genuine in his motivations.

So basically when he commits a quantifiable lie that can be proven false it bothers you but when he says something that most people subjectively disagree with but cannot be proven true that doesn't bother you?

Is that correct? Just trying to understand.

I'm Dutch, of course nothing bothers me. I enjoy the show every day, it's why I'm up at 5:30 am on Friday (now Saturday, of course). Every day around 21:00 everything fun starts to take place. I buckle myself up in my office chair and get ready to sort Sup Forums by the biggest reply count. Then I can see what is going on again.

Anyway, the media has, at least historically, lied more than any living man. What's more, it's not like HRC is a truth telling oracle herself either. In fact they are all worms, and I just enjoy watching them worm around.

It's always just like reading a really shitty spin off of the Turner diaries

I didn't know journalists from CNN hang out on Sup Forums

did you want an answer or did you want me to kiss your cucked ass and act like you aren't mentally ill and in denial. fuck off this was clearly b8. gj m8 u got me

I didn't vote for him but if he keeps this up I sure as shit will next election.

Probably 50-60% of the lies you think he's told aren't lies. Like the crowd size thing, he specifically said afterwards that when he referred to the "audience" he was including all of the people watching over a live stream, which obviously meant more people were watching than Obama since livestreamed political events weren't as big of a deal 4 years ago.

As for the other 40%, I wish he didn't do it, but they're usually not extremely harmful lies. From where I'm at, it looks like these lies are hurting him, but who knows he seems to know what he's doing. For the most part I don't care, and because of all the "FAKE NEWS" out there, I honestly can't even tell when he's lying anymore. Usually I just assume CNN is misrepresenting him since everytime I look into it, they are.

(((1488))) you flunky

Where do you think their anonymous sources come from?

>media
Which you are probably a part of*
Judging by your writing style you must be one of these media people, like all those losers who come to ask permission to use the videos that I have uploaded on my YT channel. So whats your business here shekelstein

So in your opinion it's okay to lie as long as you lie less than other people and it doesn't hurt the way you are viewed by the general population?

The other thing OP, what is he quoting the unemployment as?

I know its significantly higher than what obama was quoting, (unemployment/underemployment actually hovers at about 9-10%) but has trump said anything recently about it?

I remember Trump quoted it at 42% way before the election and i just brushed it off as more marketing, though, depending on how you count the numbers, he could be right... except you'd have to count teenagers and seniors and whatnot...

I know obama wasn't genuine... the obongo admin counted numbers by only counting those "currently looking for work" or only those on unemployment or something...

the rest were not counted in the official statistic.

I love to lead these people on, and then deny them the 'cock' (if you will) right when they think they're about to get it. Nothing is as glorious as a channel with lots of views and getting a bunch of media cock suckers begging to give it to you for free so they can run a profit. Pathetic overpaid people who couldn't do their jobs if they tried

>or something

I'm not referring to anything specifically. I was just using that as an example but if you believe he was telling the truth about the unemployment rate you can replace that example with anything else you believe he's lied about.

I don't like anyone that lies tbhwyfam. I voted for Trump because at least I know he's lying, and the fucking media isn't going to corroborate his lies like they would Hillary. In his defense, most of his lies are stupid and carry not real threat, and he's does it mostly in the defense of an unending attack by MSM.

I know the dudes is a decent guy... he's the first president I've seen stick to his campaign promises even though I feel a few of them are a bit out here. Fuck it, at least it's not Hillary.

Also, I was a Bernie supporter before Trump, and will be voting for Trump in 2020 (obviously depending on how his policies play out)

This, he doesn't really lie like the say he does. It's mostly the TV equivalent of clickbait. Sometimes he says something obviously wrong someone might have told him like he got the most electoral votes since Ronald Reagan but this doesn't matter since it's something easily verifiable. Real lying is when you intentionally mislead people with information they have no knowledge of but you do. Examples: Iraq wmd, "if you like your healthcare you can keep it," or Obama saying he believes in "traditional marriage" to name a few lies that are obvious now.

If/When he actually lies it will bother me.

He's only a liar if he doesn't deliver on his promises. The two biggest promises to me were an exit from the TPP and a Constitutionalist SCOTUS pick, both of which are pretty much guaranteed at this point.

Unless he LITERALLY starts fucking my butthole he already has my vote for 2020.

t. former liberal

On a philosophical level, it's never "okay" to lie. Lying leads to bad things. Do I think a person who never lied could do what Trump is doing? Probably not. Is it even conceivable that such a person exists and would run for president in the first place? I really doubt it.

It seems like you're suggesting that I'm viewing Trump's lies in a pragmatic sense, which I guess I kind of am. What's your point though? You know everyone lies, especially in politics, right?

>Does it bother you that Trump lies constantly?

Naw. I just want to see all the butthurt. You people are fucked in the head and it amuses me.

Bothers me more that mainstream media and the Establishment around the world have basically taken every possible step to bring him down. Trump's "lies" are usually just misinterpretations or mistakes he gleaned from all the cable news he watches. The lies of the MSM are there to get America back under the yoke, and they have liked *CONSTANTLY* for over a year. The agenda pushing and intrusive oppressiveness of it EVERYWHERE is appalling. It's on every website, google, twitter, reddit are all complicit, all astroturfed to hell, or insider-infiltrated. Fucking google sent a NOTIFICATION to my phone about some exaggerated Trump story - it's NEVER pushed a notification about a news story before. I think it took someone like Trump to show us the ones pulling the strings, and it's only now as we strain against those strings, we see how absolutely entangled they are in our lives, and the opinions of those we're close to. Since Trump, you have to be SO CAREFUL what you say, and who you say it to, because people have been conditioned to exact violence against percieved "wrong-think". People are being called fasicst racist nazis for going against the establishment. It's horrifying.

The more important question is, "why do you ignore when other politicians lie and why is Trump the only one that doesn't get a pass?"

He didn't lie on ether one of the topics you are claiming. I will vote for him in 2020, but there won't be a need too. COG and the Trumpenriech rises! Praise KEK!

What are you talking about OP? I'm saying it bothers me when he makes obviously false, blatantly incorrect claims, especially when they're very simple for him or any one of his advisers to fact-check.

Also, no i don't give a crap about subjective claims because those dont really have pertinence here, i mean, do you have an example of the subjective claims you're talking about?

I was just thinking about this topic today and realized I knew a place I could ask a ton of trump supporters.

Seems like everyone has their own sorts of justification for his lies ranging from "they're not lies in my mind" to "it's okay everyone does it" to "as long as they aren't big lies it's okay", but as far as I can tell it doesn't truly bother any of the people that voted for him and replied to this thread.

And that's okay. I was just curious.

actually you have that reversed. He is not the president we need, but certainly the president we deserve

no, because he isn't lying. what the mainstream media says and what independent research shows prove my statement.

All politicians lie, iin fact almost all humans lie. If you held a 24/7 youtube livestream of your life I would be able to in probably 30 days clip together enough stuff out of context to make you look insane

The difference is, Trump has been wrong about things routinely, he likes to shoot his mouth off and he's surrounded by Yes men. Most of his "lies" are just self-aggrandizing dismissals.

The mainstream media on the other hand...

>RUSSIA HAX THE ELECTION
>TRUMP IS RUSSIAN PUPPET
>HILLARY ACUTALLY WON WHEN U THINK ABOUT IT
>TRUMP TO BE IMPEACHED

I mean shit they didnt even wait til the seat warmed up in the oval office and they were baying to impeach him on the basis of false information.

Trump doesn't "lie" so much as he's bombastic and exaggerates sometimes. He is very much coming through on his campaign promises, which is the only thing that matters here. I don't care if he says shit like "biggest win since Reagan".

He will hopefully put 3-5 conservatives on the SCOTUS and hold back the shitlibs for decades. That's what REALLY matters in the end.

Did your coworkers help your post? Working off the clock? Or did pol just get baited

I already tried to explain to you that your premise "Trump lies constantly" is false. You don't seem to be willing to accept that as relevant, you just write it off as a "justification". But that's okay, a lot of people think like you do. You're not unique in your way of thinking.

Other people's lie bother me a lot more.

For example, I just found out my new gf just got engaged to her fucking ex. Posted pics on Facebook and everything. We've only been dating for a couple of months but still, wtf?

So the question of trumps lies for me is balanced against the lies i encounter every day in my own lie. Some liar across the country hurts me less than some liar right in front of me.

OP here. Sorry I wasn't expecting this kind of response and since I'm playing everquest right now I don't have time to respond to everyone or take the notes this thread deserves but I'm saving this question to my clipboard for the future when I do have times to do those things.

Hopefully it gets as many replies and as many honest replies as this thread has.

Thanks so much!

also still reading. Just not replying any more. This is super interesting though.

Eat my ass

I feel like the thing you have to understand about President Trump is that the attention he gets from the media is a positive for him, even if all the stories are negative. Sure, you could say he's "lying", but I feel like that's an oversimplification. What I do know is this: President Trump is a skilled negotiator, and when you negotiate, you do it from a hyperbolic position.

So, when you have the president saying that the unemployment rate could be as high as 45%, you'll get the news going "well, not exactly, the official number is closer to 6%, but if you count x, y and z, the number is as high as 15-20%, so trump wasn't even close!"

Here, you have the media talking head claiming that Trump is lying, but they're also unintentionally spreading his message. Primarily that the unemployment is higher than normally reported officially, plus an enormous amount of scrutiny about an issue that doesn't get enough attention. Trump's "lie" forces the media to do its job, something they've been failing at for a while now.

Now, is this a purposeful 32DD chest move? No idea. But it's effective. End justify the means? Perhaps. It irks me, but the net results are positive.

important Everquest business huh?

The problem is Libtards don't understand satire, irony, negotiation, or The Art of the Deal.

As someone observed:

Trump's detractors take him literally but not seriously. Trump's supporters take him seriously but not literally. Maybe you should learn the difference?

Give me one example.

p99 is serious business

thought you weren't replying anymore

Tell where you work within 10 minutes or I will post pictures that are going to get your thread deleted real quick-like, brah

My democrat friends ask this a lot; I give them the same answer every time... priorities.

Does it matter that he got the number of attendees at his inauguration wrong? No, not really

Does it matter that he didn't actually win by the biggest margin in recent history? Nope, he still won

What matters to me are his actions and the larger picture, and those, so far, I generally like. In truth, fighting over stats or who said what really doesn't matter, what matters is policy - are things improving? Yes, every day.

Also as others have pointed out... the histrionics the msm does on a daily basis definitely makes me care less about inaccuracies, because they're wrong on the big picture.

you gonna pull your finger out of the dike and post that ayyyy or what?

He doesn't like that much.

No it doesn't bother me.

You're fake news.

Trump 2020.

You bet, my folder is open, I know the filename and my clicking finger is itchy. It's only a matter of time now.

It really doesn't bother me. Most of it is intentional hyperbole anyways. I'm not really even pro-Trump, more like I'm anti-Democrat so the fact that he manages to piss people off by constantly lying is something of a plus for me.

All politicians lie, the MSM lies. I pretty much don't believe most of what people say, including people in my personal life. If and when Trump starts lying on the level that Obama did, I'll be more critical of him. I will still vote for him in 2020 no matter what. 30 days in and the structures that be have shown their true colors and it's entertaining as fuck. I want to have hope for the future, but I'm afraid it's pretty much fucked. If there is no hope, I at least want to watch it all burn because I really don't have much to lose. All these celebs and career politicians are freaking out because they have so much to lose and watching it is beautiful.

Also, playing EQ or P99?

get to scratching friend this thread sucks

I'm currently unemployed. Last full time job was commercial real estate accounting at CBRE

EQ on the emulated server project 1999. Puller went afk so I have 1 more minute.

Playing it myself right now.....

Only game I play anymore really...

Those digits almost convinced me, but I realized have fuck all to do this weekend and I got a feeling the mods will just ban me again and let these media mongols run free.
Fucking subversion!

same here. Currently in City of Mist but don't want to say more on Sup Forums

It bothers me that you dolts desperately misinterpret Trump as hard as you can so that you can call him a liar, yes.

It just destroys your credibility, though. Not his.

>it's fine that he lies because other people lie
>his lies aren't bad because they aren't super big lies
>other people in my life lie, and Trump's lies are not as bad so I don't mind
>lying is good so long as it hurts people that I dislike
>I'm glad that he lies because it's amusing to me
>his supporters understand that his lies are not meant to be taken seriously so why are you getting so bent out of shape
The deflection and spin in this topic is off the charts.

Well, try to apply for a job at ABC, show them your thread, you can write just like they do!

Thanks!

Most of the time he's just imprecise and reckless with the truth, not lying. This is one of the crucial divisive aspects of Trump. His detractors hear what he says and say he's lying (a reasonable conclusion when he says things that are false), but he's not actually lying so his supporters are galvanized because the charges against him are not quite true (although they are completely reasonable).

Eat a dick bitches. You've just been blessed with wisdom you're too stupid to recognize.

I'll give you a real response OP.

A lot of it seems like it is him talking in hyperbole, but when he does say stuff that is verifiably not true it makes me cringe. Calling his win the biggest since Reagan was pretty fuckin lame, but his lying seems to be always done on braggadocios terms about insignificant stuff. He knows firsthand the dangers of 'fake news'; he gets told something by a staffer that works with his claim and goes with it, like a lot of people here. Fuck, I've done it more than a few times without realising it this election.

But when it comes to legislature and policy, his braggadocios nature is limited by is advisors. I am confident that it will stay that way.

show proof of lies with real stats.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
concern troll

Trump maybe lying but he's proven right in his bullshit 99% of the time. I can't really explain it really

The only possible explanation is that reality shapes itself around his lies.

He has not, at this point, outright lied to anyone who doesn't actually listens to him and understands what he is saying. The only potential lies are things that he simply hasn't done yet, like appointing a special prosecutor for Clinton. Maybe he has been working on that, maybe ' special prosecutor' could translate into him simply using the bully pulpit against the FBI to do their fucking job. We will see.

To posit that Trump has lied to us would require you to

The only reason not to vote for him again would be if a guy with even bigger brass balls came along on the same platform.

>Does it bother you that Trump lies constantly? Maybe he legitimately doesn't know he's lying about certain things like the unemployment rate and how many people were at his inauguration but they are lies.

It's a matter of scale OP. Both candidates lied, as you say. The size of the inauguration, or hyperbole regarding the unemployment rate.

By contrast, Hilary was recorded receiving six-figure sums explaining privately bankers about the value of having a 'public and a private opinion'. That effectively renders every campaign promise she made to the American people null and void. Meanwhile Trump has made it perfectly clear that he intends to do exactly what he promised he would do on the campaign trial.

Some lies are worse then other lies.

he lies less than the media does

or our last 4 presidents for that matter

If you're serious, it's more like religion. Facts don't matter, it's just red vs blue

yeah it bugs me but i think the reason he does it is because hes still new to politics so he just kind of says things off the cuff. i do not believe he maliciously lies

Why should it matter comparatively? If you're lying about global warming so you can keep making easy money, it is irrespective of hillary. Sound ridiculous to bring others up

6 gorillion D chess

>Like the crowd size thing, he specifically said afterwards that when he referred to the "audience" he was including all of the people watching over a live stream, which obviously meant more people were watching than Obama since livestreamed political events weren't as big of a deal 4 years ago.

heavy.com/news/2017/01/how-many-people-watched-trump-inauguration-vs-obama-comparisons-tv-streaming-online-viewing-web-traffic-numbers-ratings/

Trump did not have more viewers at his inauguration than Obama did.

I'm sorry but do you really pay attention to things? like do you listen the opposition's voice and compare an contrast information being delivered?

or do you just listen to what your told and repeat repeat repeat without knowing what your actually trying discuss? or talk about?

the world is a big an scary place your bubble won't last forever and it pops you might not make it
only the strong willied have what it takes to see the truth, the weak will deny themselves the truth out of fear and attempt to create their own narrative

No, because ultimately he's going to bring the day of the rope

You new here?