Why isn't the insurance industry (life, car, etc.) nationalized since it's been shown to reduce costs for healthcare?

Why isn't the insurance industry (life, car, etc.) nationalized since it's been shown to reduce costs for healthcare?

Other urls found in this thread:

who.int/whr/2000/media_centre/press_release/en/
who.int/bulletin/volumes/82/2/PHCBP.pdf
krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/why-markets-cant-cure-healthcare/
pnhp.org/blog/2016/03/16/kenneth-arrow-says-single-payer-is-better-than-any-other-system/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BR

AAAAAAAPPP

Isn't car insurance run by the provinces in Canada? Or is that only in BC?

because repugnants are corrupt morons that rape the constituents that vote for them

>please sir may I have another?

Bumping your good thread but the answer has something to do with healthcare being 1/5th of our economy

how do you suggest we pay for it?

Taxes, same way universal/single-payer healthcare is paid for.

well, there you have your answer. People don't want to pay higher taxes.

Because people would crash their cars 10 times a day if the government paid to fix it.

Well if they could actually save money by paying taxes as opposed to spending privately like in healthcare it would well be worth it.

Countries with universal healthcare systems do healthcare rationing. The same thing or something similar could be applied to insurance to prevent stuff like that.

I really need to know this Marla girl's last name now.

Right but I'm 23, so I don't need life insurance and I have basic car insurance because that is what I can afford. I made that decision because I know how to best control my own money. I don't need the government taking my money and telling me what car insurance I need and that a 23 year old with no beneficiary needs life insurance. I don't need to take advantage of our healthcare system that often because I stay healthy. I should be able to make these choices and save my money.

Because not all reduced costs are nationalized

Her name's actually Masha P and she's a nude model with MPL Studios. Enjoy. RIP your dick.

I live in a province with nationalized insurance.

What happens is the corrupt government steals all the income of the insurance company. Ergo, rates go up every year because they have no income. All the money is spent on SJW initiatives.

Enjoy your nationalized insurance

t. Canadian

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

You have to go back

Bbrrappp
BBBRRRRRRRAPPPFPFPTTTTTTT

>I don't need the government taking my money and telling me what car insurance I need

so how about the government negotiates rates and inserts salary caps to keep insurance efficient?

make ti a no profit allowed industry?

(((Profits)))

now THAT'S a butterface

because profits above all else...ethics, morality, life, etc.

Who is this baby batter boneyard?

Get the fuck out

When was the last time the government ever did anything efficiently?

See

>>>reddit

Because that is fucking retarded

The way to reduce the cost is to allow sales over state lines and make healthcare pricing more transparent

I remember jacking off to this picture so many times. Feels like it was 10 years ago, I had the full set, too.

never, wait they are pretty efficient at molesting children

but yes regulate, industry stays the same but with new rules

I really wish they would negotiate medical costs, we pay 10 times as much as other nations for drugs, it's fucking crazy, all because they stick the taxpayer with the bill,

and thats not half as bad as the sugar business, we pay 15x the world rate for sugar as buy as much as is grown if they can't find other buyers,

fucking crazy ass bullshit that just makes a couple of spics in Florida kabillionaires

at the expense of the taxpayer

(you) earned this.

Healthcare, it spends less money than the private sector does based on every other country's healthcare model while delivering better overall health outcomes. For collective industries with static non-zero demand and large overhead requirements centralization is often cheaper than private decentralize distribution mechanisms. Check out economist Kenneth Arrow's discussion of healthcare economics and why collectivization is actually likely the efficient model foe healthcare.

who.int/whr/2000/media_centre/press_release/en/

who.int/bulletin/volumes/82/2/PHCBP.pdf
krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/why-markets-cant-cure-healthcare/
pnhp.org/blog/2016/03/16/kenneth-arrow-says-single-payer-is-better-than-any-other-system/

Because that would increase competition, driving down costs, and lowering profits.

>The way to reduce the cost is to allow sales over state lines and make healthcare pricing more transparent

so dereg is the path to glory on this?

I had state run car insurance shortly after my dui 20 years ago.
Same thing happened then with my car insurance as my health insurance now, twice the cost with half the coverage.

I can't deny drug costs suck but I blame the regulations we already have really. I takes a shit ton to get drugs past the FDA and we're talking drugs that are already approved in canada, europe and austrailia. Not to mention patents on drugs last forever. So its hard to compete when there are no competitors.

It is in bc and it's more expensive than here in alberta

Sales over state lines have been allowed in the past before. To my knowledge there wasn't any evidence that it significantly lowered costs, not anything close to bringing the US to parity with other developed countries.

it depends on whether the current administration can change it and whether prices can be increased without coverage or costs increasing, therefore having huge corruption. just like any govt. agency it could do a good job at a lower cost for the vast majority of people but like Soc. Sec. or Medicare, the wealthy will have other avenues and will propogandize that the "middle class" is paying for your insurance and people will eat it up and they will elect people to get rid of it to make it private so that the companies can donate to their campaign.

>Fri

you had a DUI why the fuck do you think your insurance went up

I support this

The same way insurance is paid for nowadays. by people purchasing policies.

Having said that, you don't even need to nationalise the private insurers, just have a public insurer providing low cost service (with the proviso that it be self funding) and let the private insurers compete.

imo HI is going to be insanely expensive regardless of single-payer or saving accounts, or what we have now, or even full 100% privatized w/no govt interference.

Nothing will ever really change unless there in intervention on the fucking bonkers price hiking and gouging of captive markets.

it is always the answer

That might be true but I don't see purposefully making the market uncompetitive as a solution either
If not clear pricing would help

overall its going to be a bit expensive compared to other countries due to obeasts though

>have a huge fart fetish
>getting massive erections from memes

kill me

>fart fetish

why though?

Fuck man, I don't know.

If I had the choice I would have picked just about anything else.

Because this guy

But I mean what turns you on about it?

Girls farting is absolutely disgusting. I had a girlfriend that farted one time, she thought it was funny till I broke up with her. She was all like, "You expect me to raise our unborn child by myself,"

Yep, shouldn't have farted.

It reduces costs elsewhere because they force the industry to make up part of the cost here.

Degenerate pic

Too much ass

They are already paying taxes to fund medicare and medicaid. If we canceled those programs we could take that money and spend nearly twice per citizen what canada currently spends on their national healthcare.

In fact we could lower taxes, and still have a higher funding per citizen than any other healthcare system in the entire world. Medical costs in the US are insanely high.

Single payer is inevitable. It will go down something like this:

1. All the boomers are now retired and on medicare
2. Medicare cost skyrockets
3. Trump, who has already spoken about this, makes it so the government can negotiate medical prices (its currently illegal for medicare to negotiate prices down like insurance companies can)
4. Medicare negotiates prices down for medicare
5. People realize medicare is now paying half to 10% of what they have to pay out of pocket for the same drugs and procedures
6. Public outcry
7. Single payer is adopted

The US form of single payer may be more state based with medicare prices as a negotiating guideline, or it could be full blown nationalized. There are arguments for each.

The bottom line though is that anyone who claims it would cost more and require higher taxes to provide everyone health care does not have a clue about what they are talking about.