What can we genuinely thank the Nazis for?

What can we genuinely thank the Nazis for?

Rocket technology comes to mind what with Operation Paperclip and whatnot, but nothing else immediately comes to mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_V
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_H._Goddard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_World_War_II_jet_aces
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the Holocaust

hybrid vehicles

im sure some of their fucked up medical experiments yielded some useful stuff

Those engines were shit and very inefficient. Dudes like the guy who basicly directed the apollo missions was apart of operation paper clip i think

Then greatest fucking suits of all time.

T. /Fa/g

Some firearms designs.

Contacts
Lots of medical advances due to human experimentation, for example hypothermia.
Von Braun and the Peenemunde team

Exactly, all the stages of hypothermia are known because of them. We can thank the Japanese for knowing what a pregnant woman, and her fetus look like when sliced in half.

The rise of the left in the West.

The assault Rifle, the Sturmgewehr 44 is generally recognized as the first example of an assault rifle unless you're autistically nitpicky and count the Fedorov Avtomat as one, which was way back in 1916 or so but never really got anywhere, at least there were production Stg 44s.

MODERN LIQUID ROCKETS ARE AMERICAN, GODDARD INVENTED THEM

BORN IN MASSACHUSETTS, FAMILY IN AMERICA SINCE THE 1600S

NAZIS AINT GOT SHIT, NOR DO THE RUSSIANS

USA USA USA

Every fucking electronic invention that you used to post this thread.

Lots of metallurgy tech, such as cold hammer forging.

Most of their contributions were war related. They're responsible for nuclear weapons, stealth bombers, man-portable anti aircraft rockets, and guided missiles.

They also had some really weird inventions that didn't see much use like a spherical one-man tank that was captured by the Russians. Pic related.

They also had plans for a "Sun Gun" which was basically a large lens they would launch into space and use to redirect sunlight to be used as a weapon. But that was most likely just a pipe dream.

I'm sure a lot of their war inventions were later used in civilian technology in one way or another like nuclear power.

uhm no

Liquid rockets are a rarity, the US Space program was entirely reliant on solid-fuel rocketry.

> They're responsible for nuclear weapons
What?

the stg-44.

Mass production grade synthetic petroleum

wait but Sup Forums tells me it didnt happen

Well partly responsible I should say. Their research was key to the U.S. later finishing the nuclear weapons. Without their research we most likely wouldn't have had nuclear bombs before the end of WW2.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_V
really makes me think

From what I remember, Germany exploited Norway for its heavy water supply to develop what was essentially a nuclear bomb.

Yes but their research was entirely inconsequential as a contribution to be thanked for, the US was independently responsible for the nuclear bomb.

Dropping all those Jews into arctic waters trying to time if they had any chance rescuing downed pilots in the North Sea. These results are part of the reason we have such fantastic thermal wear today

Did you read the full article? That thing was full of solid-fuel boosters.

Now that I've read a bit more on it you're right, the U.S. did develop nuclear weapons independently during WW2. However Germany was also trying to build their own during WW2 but failed due to government intervention and lack of resources.

But their findings did later help improve nuclear weapons around the start of the Cold War.

Teaching a future Hitler how not to lose a war

It was the best thing that never happened, and I hope it happens again.

and needed liquid fuel to get into space

those engines broke all flight speed records you retard

>What can we genuinely thank the Nazis for?

drugs, poisons, drones, style, gold,

They had jets flying in the air while the rest of world still had jets in the design phase.

Werner von Braun is the father of rocket science. The jet engine was invented I think at the end of the war, they did not use them in manned vehicles.

>Rocket technology comes to mind
Swarthy Germans didn't do this.
Anglos did it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_H._Goddard

>Muh America
They are just European immigrants faglord. The guy who invented the submarine was a swede in America. So the swedish invented it.

Me 262 was used in limited amounts near the end of the war. I think the He 162 also saw a bit of action at the very very end as well. The komet was used in a small amount as well despite its obvious limitations.

controlled-access freeways

That's retarded.

fpbp

It never happened but it should happen.

Thanks for trying.

Entire squadrons of Me 262 saw combat from 1944 on. It took til Vietnam to break German jet ace kill records.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_World_War_II_jet_aces

We learned a lot about nutrition based off their data.

rockets
assault rifles
fanta
animal welfare
modern propaganda
etc.

Lifejackets all have collars now, because Nazis found out that keeping the brainstem out of cold water increases life expectancy eightfold

They did that by sitting people in ice water baths at varying levels and timing how long it took them to die.

Still, God alone knows how many innocent lives will be saved throughout the rest of history.

Kindergarten
Highways
Animal cruelty laws

Medical advances, scientific advances, good memories.

For getting themselves genocided like a bunch of assholes and helping the Russians commit heavy genocide against their own subordinates. Thanks a lot nazis.

Rocket engines, magnetic tape recording, drones, maglev trains.

It's sick but humanity's advancements depends on experiments done to then.

It's amazing what science unchained by ethics can achieve

Just tiresome if you get to be one of the people helping the scentists

Medical/Genetic experiments on humans resulting in what people call aliens.
Gravitoelectromagnetics.

Imagine ww3 tech if nukes weren't involved. We'd probably have soul transfer.

Modern propaganda comes from the British. Since WW1.