How is blocking certain news outlets because they hurt your feelings not government interfering with the distribution...

How is blocking certain news outlets because they hurt your feelings not government interfering with the distribution of information and opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/9iblf
huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/17/obama-fox-news-press-conferences_n_2495440.html
nytimes.com/2009/10/23/us/politics/23fox.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The media has the right to say whatever they want, but that doesn't mean the president can't kick them out of the WH, or hold press conferences without them.

Press conferences/media access aren't a right, they're a privilege, and I wish they'd just stop doing them altogether.

I don't know. How come I can't just walk into the white house press conferences with MY camera? Fucking anti-constitutional bastards! Freedom of press and free speech! I've been a media outlet for a whole two weeks and all of my stores are national-enquirer tier fairy tales about how Trump has a scat fetish. Why won't he let me in the white house????

Reuters were there so the likes of BBC and CNN can still play their usual tricks only they'll have to cite Reuters or another agency as their source....it'll be interesting to make side by side comparisons.

stop using google

Being at the white house is a privilege. They have the right to say whatever they want, it doesn't impinge their rights at all. How about don't be a whiny fag?

>muh first amendment

fuck off, shill

Six corporations control 90% of media in America. The Trump admin made a point of including more third party and independent journalists in thier White House. Banning CNN, petty as it may be, is less scandalous when you realize Time Warner has several other news outlets that aren't banned.

archive.is/9iblf
"It's okay, when we do it. We fight fascism"

>leftists
>supporting first amendment
muh hayte speach shud be baned

It's amazing how liberals have been reduced to defend fucking Buzzfeed and CNN...

How come infowars doesn't attend those press briefings? Could it be that freedom of the press doesn't equal unlimited access to anywhere you want?

Where does it say that spreading fake news about the president is allowed?

"In 2010, President Obama said that Fox News had a point of view which was “ultimately destructive” for America...The University of Minnesota’s Eric Ostermeier tallied up the number of questions each member of the White House press corp had been able to ask during all of Obama’s first term press conferences. ABC, CBS, the Associated Press and NBC led the pack, with ABC having been selected for questioning 29 times over 36 solo press conferences. (Overall, reporters have had fewer chances to ask questions than any White House press corps since Ronald Reagan’s.)...Fox News, though it has a reach that far outstrips its competitors and sometimes rivals the broadcast networks, was in ninth place on the list, having been called on 14 times...NBC’s Chuck Todd and ABC’s Jake Tapper (now at CNN) were called on the most of any reporters — they each got 23 chances to question Obama." huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/17/obama-fox-news-press-conferences_n_2495440.html
"Mr. Axelrod said it was the view of the White House that Fox News had blurred the line between news and anti-Obama advocacy...By the following weekend, officials at the White House had decided that if anything, it was time to take the relationship to an even more confrontational level. The spur: Executives at other news organizations, including The New York Times, had publicly said that their newsrooms had not been fast enough in following stories that Fox News, to the administration’s chagrin, had been heavily covering through the summer and early fall — namely, past statements and affiliations of the White House adviser Van Jones that ultimately led to his resignation and questions surrounding the community activist group Acorn...nytimes.com/2009/10/23/us/politics/23fox.html

If CNN was acting the same as FOx news they would be included then too

>press undermined by a rogue government agency that is violating the law and their charter by spying on Americans and interfering with American politics by spreading fake news and propaganda

Ted Turner should be hanged for treason, and the entire CNN press corps needs to face the firing squad.

This narrative is so stupid.
Do you know what a press gaggle is? It's a closed door, unrecorded briefing with a limited press pool.
Usually 1 of each type of media, and that's it. The rest of the media outlets get their info from the pool.
Spicer held a gaggle and invited a few extra people in on top of the normal pool. CNN and others freaked out because he didn't invite them. A normal gaggle wouldn't have any of them anyway. He just invited a few extra because there was space.

>the media has the right to say whatever they want
Wrong.
Deliberately spreading false information in order to undermine the president of the United States is subversion and treason.

Where is the outrage from google censoring results for any pro trump news sites?

opinions and and lies arnt "information"

Also selling misinformation, lies, and blatantly fabricated stories as "news" is actually false advertisment, which is illegal.

You fucking fascists

If I can't give my money to CNN and ignore the litany of other publications then this is the end of Obamas America

And yet Breitbart was at the gaggle

>How is blocking certain news outlets because they hurt your feelings not government interfering with the distribution of information and opinions?
>How is blocking certain news outlets because they LIE not government interfering with the distribution of information and opinions?

fixed that for you

breitbart didn't actively try to interfere in an election.

>interfering with the distribution of information and opinions?

You say it like he shut down their TV station and they were forced to stop broadcasting. A few smartasses were not invited and that is well within the WH right to do so.

Also, the press has cried wolf soooo much over the last year that people are numb to this story. No one other than us political junkies and the media itself care.

Honestly, when Trump starts throwing the press from airforce one... let me know... otherwise save your breath.

Is the Inquirer allowed in?

Unscheduled meeting in a small office and not everyone was invited. Not an official press briefing, no one is banned. #FakeNews story.

CNN is not a "news outlet" no matter what would happen and what trump would say they would twist it to make him look like hitler so what the fuck is even the point of inviting them?

If they present it as a fact yes.
But they can work around it by making it look like a question or saying stuff like "in our opinion"
For example "Are Trump action unconstitutional and is he a literal hitler, racist, bigot etc.?"
Or "We do not feel like Trump is fit to be the president of the united states"
They can just say it was a question or their opinion and they are not spreading misinformation.

Breitbart published stories fitting their agenda, CNN published stories fitting their agenda.

I have no recollection of any reports of CNN hijacking ballot boxes so in what way did they interfere with the election?

>When you finally witness a person who recognises his power and uses it

I disagree with some of his moves, because I don't suck anyones cock, but it is so enjoyable to watch the powers that exist being used

What the fuck is the value of power if you don't use it? Bunch of fucking bullshit if you're too afraid to make the big plays with the big ball

Not to mention CNN and the other uninvited outlets still received the information that was given out at the gaggle. They just weren't allowed to attend. Fuck em. They don't have to attend the briefing to report on what was briefed. They have no constitutional right to be in that room.

It's not, they can just get recordings from the FBI or CIA.

They didn't block anything. Spicer simply didn't invite CNN into his fucking office. It wasn't even a press conference, it was literally reporters invited to gather around his desk and hear some updates.

CNN is still free to publish whatever the fuck they want. Not getting the cool invite into a white house office doesn't stifle their speech.

I didn't get an invite by Spicer either and I'm a blogger. Does that mean my irst amendment rights were curtailed? No, it doesn't, I can still write whatever the fuck I please.

Freedom of the press doesn't mean the press gets free access wherever they go.
If that was the case I'd wear pic related everywhere and get into movies and concerts for free.

Just like anyone else they can get kicked out for being assholes.

They fed the questions to Hillary in advance of the presidential debates they hosted. Did you miss the campaign or something? Did you forget about Donna Brazil doing this?

You think every news outlet in America has access to the White House?
The first amendment only protects media so they can publish whatever they want without getting arrested. It does not grant them automatic access into any building or home in the country.

lol all the snowflakes triggered by the OP

They can still distribute their information - they just have to get it from someone else. And opinions aren't being stifled.

>implying CNN and other fake news are actually members of the press

These organizations are not press organizations, they are literally political propaganda companies.

Feeding Hillary debate questions should have saw their press credentials and broadcast license revoked, kike shill.

And that's just one crime among the countless CNN has perpetrated.

How does it feel to actually be this stupid?
The press are just normal people. They have no special rights.

By what standard does someone has the right to be invited to... anything?

I didnt follow the election close enough to answer this question.
I do know however cnn abused their position as a household name inorder to feed misinformation and fearmonger in all kinds of ways.
Its their fault I heard old ladies at the election place on election day talking about how they were afraid of russian hackers and how the russians were fucking up our election.. when we all know it was dnc or whatever.

Asmuch as I dislike milo and braitbart (havnt even read anything from them) I have yet to see an example of them lying. Sure they only publish articles that fit their agenda, but I havnt seen them make shit up.
I wouldnt really care if they got banned either simply for being afiliated with milo.

They started it with the "alternative facts" narrative.

Do you see your name

>Google

oh the ironing

fake news also hurts the dissemination of information and opinions

can't have your cake and eat it too. like all natural rights, you still have to be a responsible citizen