Just how much damage did the molestation scandal have on the Catholic church? How much molestation is still ongoing...

Just how much damage did the molestation scandal have on the Catholic church? How much molestation is still ongoing, especially in developing countries where they setup shop?

Looks like Harry Potter and the Chamber of Priests' Dicks.

Seeing how the Catholic Church is basically anti-catholic (with the pope and all) you can really notice how they are trying to be more liberal. I'd say this is the product of the scandal.

it's now cool to be tolerant all around, though. american politics is a good example (the same politicians that didnt support gay marriage 5 years ago now do)

I've heard that similar levels of pederastry exist in other areas where adults come into contact with young boys life that. Coaches, preachers, scout leaders, camp counselors, teachers and the like.

I wonder why the Catholic Church had to bear the brunt of it when everyone decided to say "fuck pedos?"

I was an alter boy for 2 years. The main priest in our church was done with paedophilia, he didn't touch me. I must not be his type. And the church done the road, a priest was done with paedophilia too, so its really widespread, from my experience.

Because they were supposed to be holy and follow God's perfect word.

Aren't we all?

Really makes you think.

Because they're meant to be pious and abstinent.

It's the stunning hypocrisy that strikes people.

As much as coaches/teachers do it to and are vilified for it, they are still working with kids - it's a flagrant abuse of trust and responsibility, but it's at least explicable in some form.

It also raises questions as to whether any of these churches that only ever accepted young males since the medieval times were ever entirely kosher, and weren't just an organised pedophile ring from their earliest conception.

That and, of course, the wonderful and benevolent Catholic Church covers this up because truth and transparency is only for heretics, or something. I have a convent down my road and we don't know whether they were pedophiles and child molesters housed there, but i'm sure all these foreign people being moved to a remote village out of nowhere was for entirely good reasons :)

it's probably there, but not as prevalent? i mean even the allegation for a teacher of molesting a child will end their career.

It fucking destroyed the church in my country, Nobody has any respect for the church or goes to mass anymore

So pederastry becomes palatable if someone drops the pious act and admits they just want boy ass? Just don't get caught?

>So pederastry becomes palatable if someone drops the pious act and admits they just want boy ass? Just don't get caught?
Stop being a fucking retard, obviously its worse when a priest fucks a boy in the ass compared to football coach. Its like a rabid SJW anti racist having a bunch of negro slaves locked up in his basement while preaching about how all whites need to pay reparations.

Sodomy + hypocrisy > Sodomy

Not enough damage, seeing as they're still standing. That institution of evil must burn to the ground.

All of these stupid cults are full of pedophiles because they are magnets for gullible and naive people.

I get what you're saying but why would something so heinous not be so high on the scale of bad shit that there are no extenuating circumstances making it better, or worse? Why is a pedo NOT just a pedo in this circumstance? Especially for someone who would be an atheist and have no bias regarding a priest?

Why would a priest be focused on? Schadenfreude? For what purpose?

>Why would a priest be focused on?
catholics had a lot of power as the film spotlight touches on. this shit was getting reported but somehow was never followed up. like the movie basically says "it takes a village".

The greeks were open about it, though even they had limits.

Being an immoral liar and hypocrite will always be worse than just being immoral.

You mistyped catholicuck, good sir.
ftfy.

well, it pretty much killed all faith in the Church.

The current Atheism trend? It's mostly due to that. People grew to resent the establishment.

>the molestation scandal

which one lmao

DELETE THIS.

It's super common in gymnastics.

FPBP

>it's ok to rape kids because we are all sinners

This kind of christcuck needs to be purged.

>Why is a pedo NOT just a pedo in this circumstance?
Because the church covered it up and protected the pedopriests. Did you ever see the boy scouts of america act in the same way?

> Especially for someone who would be an atheist and have no bias regarding a priest?
you can be a christian, atheist or hindu and still see that its a lot more hypocritical if a priest does it.

just like muh yuri manga