Where in the US can I live in the wilderness, build a cabin and live out life?

Where in the US can I live in the wilderness, build a cabin and live out life?

Is it possible to do this without buying land?

Other urls found in this thread:

mern.gouv.qc.ca/english/territory/land/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ix11VQ8f7uY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Alaska, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado

Maybe in Alaska

>without buying land
No

>live
No

probably not without buying land but you may have a chance if you go underground.

live like these fellas and disguise your entrance

>Is it possible to do this without buying land?
Maybe in Alaska if you go deep innawoods and get a turf roof that can't be seen from the air.

How is the squatting laws in the US anyway? In some places (and certain times in history) you would get legal rights to a property if you occupied it for a number of years without any one telling you to GTFO.

>without buying land?
That's how you get shot, genius.

oregon

>Where in the US can I break the law?

just buy some land. shit ain't that expensive for a couple acres just work your ass off and squirrel away about 20K.

In Quebec the government will give you a big chunk of land if you promise to "improve" it -- build a house, etc. Problem is the land is far from anything. But it's free. It's done by random lottery:
mern.gouv.qc.ca/english/territory/land/

Varies from state to state, but in some states it's as little as six months. As a squatter, if you keep paying the bills on the place, like property tax, water, electric, for the set amount of time of your state, it's yours.

You forgot parts of Montana, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, South/North Dakota, etc.

After 20 years of open and continous use, you own the land

I don't get how squatting works.

Doesn't someone own the property and will call the cops to come kick you out?

do you have to be CANADIAN?

Canada really needs an amish community.

Do you Canadians even have churches up there?
I've never known any Canadian who was religious or Christian.

Note that in the wilderness they can just kill you for squatting and no one will ever know.

I think it's more than 20 years. Maybe it depends on local laws...?

>Iowa

Thier is nowhere in iowa to do this without buying land. Land is expensive too.

I'm moving to Colorado. I took yer jerb!

This woman bought rural WA land and built a Hobbit-type house for $11 K.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ix11VQ8f7uY

I'm saving up about 50k right now for some rural land. It will be for shooting camping and hunting first but eventually I'll commit to building a house there.

yes it depends on state law

This is my dream. But I need internet fml...

>Canada really needs an amish community.

There's Canadian Hutterites and Mennonites and Doukhobors and other communities in the countryside.

You kidding me, brah?

I'm pretty sure no regular user of Sup Forums has the skills and knowledge to live a primitive life like that.

Imagine how hard it would be just to get clean water and 2,000 calories per day living in the wilderness.

Plus no electricity.

It'd be hard as fuck, brah. I don't think any of us could do that, myself included.

You would need to know a ton of shit related to farming (gotta grow your own food), construction (houses need tons of maintenance), and just... fucking tons of shit.

It'd be hard as fuck to live like that.

You would be better off living somewhere that is rural BUT within driving distance of a grocery store.

Land is very cheap out in texas and utah

>build a house on someone's land
>they find you and kick you out
>congratulations, you just built someone else a house for free

I don't think there are any places left in the US you can just claim as yours. If the land isn't owned by someone, it's going to be government property. And you don't want to be found having built a house on government property without permission.

>you can buy a "couple acres" with 20k in america?
is this for real? is land really so cheap in america? you wouldnt even get farmland here for so little money.

illegal in europe

>i would ever live in a state infested with DUDE WEED LMAOs
keep it, fag. your state is degenerate and so are you.

If they dont do that whithin a certain time frame (usually 6 months to a couple of years) you can claim squaters rights.

is it?

does this include non eu countries like Norway?

what did he mean by this

In some parts of Texas, Wyoming, and Utah you can get top teir hunting land for $500 an acre. You'll be an hour drive from civilization but it's not bad

You need to reside on Quebec's territory. I have an hunting camp north of La Tuque. About 6 hours drive time in the woods north of La Tuque. Quebec is also home to the most churches as many villages have both catholic churches and Anglicans ones.

>letting potheads tarnish the American west for you

You are a cuck

> iowa land
> expensive

Only if you're a retard buying from farmers who think their land has a gold mine underneath. Land here is fucking cheap as it gets.

Go back in time 200 years, or forward 200 years when we are terra forming land.

Yes but it will typically be completely undeveloped and you'll have to build a house yourself, several hours away from even the most basic services, or both.

>you couldn't even get farmland

Farmland is pretty expensive here as well, you wouldn't be able to do this on land that is suitable for commercial agriculture.

Iowa doesn't have any wilderness.

okay just checked it seems my local store is selling kits online

this is not illegal in Norway

you wouldn't survive a winter up here in the UP, you limp-wristed pinko turncoat.

>you are literally this dumb

>life expectancy meme
The high child death rate skewed this. People always lived up to 80 but nowaday most don't die before 5.

>without buying land

Prepare to get moved off whatever land you break your back turning habitable. Living off grid isn't all making a little fire and staring off into space. It's a ton of work and if you don't own the land you're going to get moved on. Least you're not on this POS island where even if you own the land you can't technically sleep on it.

not really sure about the not buying land thing, but you might get away with living in seclusion in southern missouri

> no wilderness

Yes it does, just gotta find it.

there are EU regulations concerning how much electromagnetic radiation private devices are allowed to produce and some nations, like austria, set those limits even lower.

thats why wlan-signals are much weaker in most of europe and why we need so many cel phone masts. boomers here are terribly afraid of any kind of radiation except for sun radiation.

dont know about norway, maybe the laws arent so tight in norway because your country is so long and has such a low population density, so you need strong signals.

>being this uninformed about how actuarial data is assessed and still posting as though your opinion is fact

Of course it's a cunting leaf

is one permitted to build a micro hydropower plant if there's a stream flowing on one's owned land in US or does one require a fuckload of bureaucratic processes and permits like in europe? I'm not talking building of dams here, only underground piping with an intake and outflow

don't need much power for directional antennae

Canadians are very religious, they build mosques and buddish temples all the time.

i wish none of you faggots would survive the winter either

yes, that is for off-the-shelf stuff
doesn't mean you can't easily modify it to be more powerful and by no means do authorities go around measuring it, especially in open frequencies like 2,4GHz

In a few years the technology will catch up to our innawoods fantasies

You would be taking water from everyone downstream from you. So yes, there are regulations.

>easily modify telecommunications tech
>just build a little hydroelectric dam
>directional antennae don't use much power

Why do you talk out your ass like that? God strike you down

You can do that in canada. Lots of places are so remote that nobody gives a fuck if you build there.

>hydroelectric generator
>taking water

1. increase power supply, electric pixies make more power
2. no dam required on a sufficient and steady stream, only an intake with sufficient altitude delta and a francis-type turbine followed by an outlet downstream, not that hard
3. people in slovenia used homegrown tech like directional antennae for rural internet/LAN installations before we got dat sweet fiber everywhere

>Cannot be seen or hacked

That's literally just asking for it

>Without buying land
Nowhere

High speed internet in the middle of bum fuck nowhere

It needs to be precisely aimed though. And even then you can run it encrypted.

But then you have to deal with wendigos and big foots trying to break into your cabin to skull fuck you every winter

dat glacial water color, lovely

It's nice place.