Is drone warfare taking away the honor and valor of battle?

Tbh I think all disputes between countries should be fought at a designated battleground using only pre-gunpowder tech

No it is making war MUCH MORE EXCITING as many many more of the enemy are killed in a single attack. Who can stop themselves cheering as a laser guided missile slams into another enemy """""HOSPITAL"""""? I like watching 100 of the enemy get blown to fuck. I laugh. I love watching as the enemy is slaughtered

We're moving on to the ultimate battlefield of honor and valor: World-Scale Battlebots.

When was the last time a war was fought for honour and valour?

The easier the kill, the less you see and interact with your opponent.. the less honor and valor. Because those you fight become faceless enemies. Targets. not people.

>warfare
>"honor and valor"
Kek, right.

You need to see Robot Jox.

Russian battle robot Vs. American battle robot in a fight to the finish to decide the fate of Alaska.

This

Is this another larping thread?

Warfare was never about honor or valor - the only thing that matters was, is and will be winning.

>honor
>valor
>implying these things ever existed

War has lost all valor for it is no longer men fighting men, it's machines killing men

This. War is the ultimate bluepill.

benis

War is about killing humans. There's nothing honorable about killing another person. Have you ever heard the saying "all is fair in love and war"? People do some fucked up shit during times of war. Or so I've heard.

People have said the same thing about guns.

>not forcing the leaders to duel with flintlocks

They are no honor and value in war faggot
Read Machiavelli

Canada should give the taliban drones, because that's how we win, duhh

there is nothing honorable about war unless it's a defensive one but even then it's shit because geneva conventions

War is a part of life. I don't see anything being blue pilled about it. That said I understand why you wouldn't join the military just to fight the special interests of billionaires and corporations.

The only thing that matters in war is breaking the will of the other side to fight as quickly as possible. If you can do that with honor, great. Usually you cannot.

Based user here.

Honor and valor of battle?
What are you, some tribal shitskin warrior who wants to impress his clan?
They are tools to annihilate the enemy, nothing more, nothing less.

Some people believe there are, and should be respected for holding in value virtues like honor and courage, read Plato faggot.

>honor and valor of battle
Fucking Muslim kys

I remember this argument from the Obama era. His assassination campaign was effective and righties hated it. This makes no sense because by extension all air power except dogfighting is dishonorable.

Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Honor? Valor? In battle? This website is for users aged 18+. Get out

Robocop when?

haha m'lady

>t. Uncivilized and uncultured Amerilard

Yes

What use are these to you?

There is nothing more supreme for warfare than being able to obliterate your enemies at any time from the sky without any chance of incurring casualties.

Europeans pushing the limits of human achievement yet again.

>honor
Since when is there any honor in any war last 50 years? Drones are backstabbing, but honor is non-existent for some time.

It would if mudslimes had any honor or willingness to fight an actual respectable battle.

>mfw aristrocratic values of respecting your enemies are gone
>mfw future wars will be fought by resentful fatasses with joysticks

T. Never been in the military, let alone anyway near a battlefield.

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of tired, outstripped Five-Nines that dropped behind.
Gas! Gas! Quick, boys! – An ecstasy of fumbling,
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time;
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling,
And flound'ring like a man in fire or lime . . .
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.
If in some smothering dreams you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin;
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori.

Faggot.

>honor and valor
>in warfare

You're about 103 years late for that.

The honor and valor of battle are societal norms we have to keep violence and war from destroying and destabilizing society.

And the targets we use them on aren't behaving by honor and valor in the first place. They hide behind children. They go out of their way to attack civilians.

honor doesn't demand moving next door and challenging them to a series of one on one knife fights. This is simple pest control.

anywhere near*

The crossbow did that.

Isn't that already the case?
Marines get coordinates to shoot some hill in Afghanistan for hours, days, weeks, then they just aim the gun and it shoots. Nobody even checked what's on that hill.

>war
>honor

There hasn't been any honor on the battlefield since guns became popular. All guns (and to some extent, bow and arrows) do is incentivize gorilla warfare, the pussiest form of combat.

Those concepts haven't existed since modern firearms and the first world war. Honor existed when people could meet on the battlefield, both survive multiple days of fighting and form a mutual respect. When entire formations died immediately in a hail of bullets, and millions of soldiers dropped every day there was no opportunity to ever even meet your enemy.

Fighting with swords wasn't any more honorable than fighting with guns. War has always been human butchery regardless of the weapon.

That isn't true
The viking age was the pinnacle of the civility of warfare.

I see you know your history.

Wrong, war is the bluepill AND the redpill. You fight in war for the interests of the higher-ups while thinking that you fight for your country (of course, this is assuming that you're the attacker) but men who fight in battles and survive are also the most hard-boiled since that's when they've put their masculinity to test while seeing the horrors of war in action.

Is anyone ITT speaking from experience?

Vidyababbies detected.

Medieval war wasn't honorabruuu duels between knights, it was a slaughter of people hacking each other apart.

Experience in what?

Where they find having honor and valor useful things. Those smell like spooks to me.

Nah son Early Modern Warfare was Badass

I'm sure you can find a drone operator on /k/, it's infested with acronym-spouting milfags. From what I've read they would probably agree with OP - watching some guy on the other side of the planet for weeks and then killing him when he can perceive no threat stresses them.

for survival, the survival mode comes out of you in a war zone. You say its fucked up, but placed in the position you may or will act the same. Its easy to be a outsider looking in saying wow thats fucked up. if you were there you would be saying i dont care i am going to survive.

>the honor and valor of battle
>I'm a civilian who think war is something glorious
the goal of war is to defeat your enemies and achieve the desired outcome, not acting brave and fapping furiously with the hook you now have in place of a hand to how big a hero you are