What the fuck did politifact mean by this?

What the fuck did politifact mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/feb/25/donald-trump/why-donald-trumps-tweet-about-decline-national-deb/
archive.is/ZSW0S
twitter.com/MSNBC/status/785299708730339328
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Politifact really is out of line

Technically it is mostly false, it went down more.

need a link or an archive
shyt, breh (crying jordan)

Well, he is right... But FUCK drumpf! Mostly false.

everything trump says is false acording to these people

Water is wet

>Well actually sometimes it freezes or boils making it not wet
>Pants on fire

There is no way this is real

fucking a politifact
>trump is right but we dont like him so he is wrong

>experts say

politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/feb/25/donald-trump/why-donald-trumps-tweet-about-decline-national-deb/

kek
archive.is/ZSW0S

This is liberal journalism 101 you must be a newfag to this. Anytime a Repub gets credit for something, it always comes with a major caveat afterwards. I almost predicted word for word what the second snippet would say after reading the first.

I'm beyond words

>"It's true, but it's mostly false"

I can translate that for you: "We are so full of shit our eyes are brown and we know it, but we are all petulant children and can't admit when someone we don't like is correct."

If that is real then how is it mostly false? What kinda liberal logic is that?

Politifact is a sad joke

>well it's true, but we don't think it matters

Are the people that make it that dumb? No wonder nobody believes 'reputable' news outlets anymore.

>arguing with some dickhead on the internet
>"Oh yeah? Well, according to Politifact, ..."
>mfw

Citing Politifact is an easy way to "win" an argument with me, because I instantly concede due to the fact that I refuse to argue with someone who unironically cites Politifact.

They're shills. They've always been shills.

This is truly the best timeline.
Politifact is a God-sent that allowed me to red pill two of my friends. Even if that was on US politics, they of course see the same thing happening here.

I really, really like that merchant.

>debt went down by 12 billion in a month
>well yeah the data backs up this claim but FUCK DRUMPF MOSTLY FALSE LMAO
politifact

more like politifake

>this is true, in fact the debt has actually even improved more than what trump stated
>but we don't like trump so that makes it false

He's all yours, my friend - for the low low price of $14.95

A good bureaucrat never finishes under budget

Oh cool I'll just download it without paying. Thanks!

This is my favorite one because they take a figurative statement and interpret it literally

You guys have no idea. In school, citing PolitiFact is one of the number one tools teachers use to indoctrinate students.

twitter.com/MSNBC/status/785299708730339328

>mfw they never deleted it

Anyone have more laughable politifact "fact checks"?

I was having an argument with a former hockey teammate that went full retard about the situation in Sweden and immigration. Every single source and article I provided him he deemed fake an non-credible (Including Google Crime Map, and firsthand account unedited youtube vids. I got tired and asked for something he doesn't deem bullshit. He linked me to politifact. After 6 minutes of checking it out, and their sources, I was astounded at how ridiculous Polifact is and that people like him think the way they do.

"We're a punch of partisan shills! We were a mistake!" - Politifact, 2017

Who are these experts? You should have to name your expert sources, believe me folks.

Read the whole articles before you jump to conclusions.

If you'd read the article, it explains the debt goes up and down in the short term due to payments and collecting taxes unevenly throughout the year. Trump could not have affected this because he has not passed any financial bill.

This is all the work of Obama. Trump has inherited a growing economy from Obama, which was already set on the path of success. Trump inherited a 4.8% unemployment rate compared to Obama's 7%.

Basically, Obama had to deal with an economic crisis in which he had important work to do to put it back on track, while Trump could just sleep on his mattress and the economy would grow regardless. This really isn't a big deal. Come back in 4 years when Trump messes everything up.

So, what he said was actually an understatement, so it's mostly true?
Or what he said was true, but it's only mostly true because lol who really knows anyway.

Oh shit it's actually "mostly false"?
Fuck me what planet are these Kikes on?

facts literally don't matter anymore

Trump never said the decrease had anything to do with his administration. You're accusing him of taking credit for it even though he didn't take credit for it.

That doesnt make his statemant "mostly fake" just deceiving.

Even if that was true, it doesn't make Trump's statement false. In other words, kys.

This checks out and as far as we can tell is true
But we rate this as mostly false because it really doesn't matter

It's true but it isn't? What the fuck does it even mean? If i said for example that pic related is a rose they would claim it's mostly false becouse names are meaningless and a rose by any other name would smell as sweet?

>REEEEEEEEEEE FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

>reeeee why are we banned from press conferences REEEEEEEEEEEEE

If they're blaiming anti-immigrant attacks on Trump's mere precense, why can't he also passively improved the economy?

well, he affected it by not spending a shit load of money dumbfuck

>trump said it went down 12 billion
>it went down 22 billion

PANTS ON FIRE

>B-B-BUT DRUMPF CANT POSSIBLY DO THAT! HE'S JUST RIDING OFF THE WAVES OF OBAMA'S SUCCESS!

I like this one. During the Lyin' Ted-Dahnald stand off at the end of the primaries, they went all in against both. The Ted Cruz ones were even worse because of how clear he usually is.

>people shouldn't read much into the numbers
>experts

Obamaleaf, is that you? You usually post a graph.

Welcome to the mainstream media

and liberals pretend these people are helpful, honest, and part of a free press

I'm just explaining why they gave him the rating. Take it up with politifact if you want them to give uncontextualised, literal fact checking.

I don't think you realize the amount of mental gymnastics some people have been doing lately.

I had a similar argument with some lib friend from high school who tried to appear centrist by saying "Yeah Fuck CNN and Fuck Breitbart! Get your facts independently checked!" then linked to Politifact.

After pointing it out how biased they are, guy said they won numerous awards including a Pulitzer so they're the most reliable fact checkers. And it was more convenient than checking facts by doing research, "they do it for you!"

So the debt either DID or DID NOT decrease the amount he said in first month.

Which is it? Either it did or didn't.

Thought it might be "false" because of seasonality. I checked and the debt between 1/20/16 and 2/22/16 (same time period) and it went up $102B.

I did read the article you fucking jew. (((They))), as always show trump was correct and then cite unsourced experts and say it's some pants on fire bullshit
I fucking can't stand you filthy fucking kikes. I genuinely wish the holocaust was real

I don't know but I think CNN should take a poll.

Because it's at least possible to stoke anti immigrant sentiment. It is not possible to cut down governmental spending or raise taxes just by existing.
The US government is spending as many shit loads of money as before dumbshit.

>doesn't say it's a holiday
>"it's not a holiday, mostly false"
really makes you (((think)))

the economy has been stagnate since 2013. fucking idiot fluctuating mostly between 1-3% growth/year. most presidents have a solid 2-4% growth/year. fuck off leaf

>if you want them to give uncontextualised, literal fact checking.
I want the sun to explode.

There is some seasonality. But Trump really cut some useless spending right away. People are just following the travel ban business and not the actual day to day administration.
I almost suspect some 4d chess to be involved. The travel ban is a semi-useless measure anyway (it's not what's stopping immigration and terrorists would have no trouble coming illegally). But it riles up the base, makes the opposition look retarded, and he has free reins to do actual work outside media crosshair.

Yeah this... just... woah

What in the name of flying fuck? Something needs to be done, "News outlets" like this are extremely dangerous. "The numbers are right but they hurt our fee-fees so they are actually false :) "

If you'd read the article
>Michigan does not produce coal
>those could not be actual job losses because 5-7k worked in Michigan mining sector for the past decade
>the footnote pointed to a pro coal news article saying 50k potential jobs were lost
>which is impractical because only 20k people work in the energy sector there
>while it blames Obama the Republican governor is the one who instigated a shift from coal to gas

that bike has never been ridden. look at the treads. no dirt, no wear. its a staged photo

He's not claiming he made it go down he's simply stating that in his first month in office it went down $12 billion which is factually correct.

Regardless of your political leanings you'd have to be an idiot to not realize how out of line Politifact is with a "mostly false" claim on Trump's statement.

It did go down, it just had nothing to do with Trump.

(((Experts))) can kiss my hairy ass and get thrown into the ovens.

He didn't claim that he made it go down though, he was just stating a fact :^)

losing potential jobs is still costing jobs
if you lose 50k you could have possibly had you still lost money

If 5 people shit in my house today and later on I tweet, "5 shits were taken in my house today" I'm not claiming I shit 5 times I'm claiming that 5 shits were taken in my house regardless of who dropped them. It's factually correct that 5 shits happened in my house today.

>its true
>mostly false

Fake news indeed

p
Evidence very strongly suggests 50k is wildly optimistic when less than half of that were ever employed in the energy sector. Then you have the shift to natural gas instigated by the governor.
Even so that's a very misleading statement.

Not gonna lie, former drumpfth supporter here. It's hilarious watching Drumpfthpfthpfthfpthpftph crash and burn but in all seriousness we can't let him get his hands on the secret naga-ette bromide.

I dont think the ban is enough. You need to start jailing these lying media personnel. They are trying to lie to the public and betray your country.

> -$12 billion
>out of ~$20 TRILLION

This is like bragging about paying $0.01 less on your $100 electric bill.

If you did that everyone would think you took five shits in your house and everyone who used you as a source of information would be wrong.

I think context is important, even if you disagree with politifact's ranking system.

More like politi-opinion am I right muh vagina.

shill website. fake news.

Every penny helps.

is it a true statement?
then it is a true statement. people can decide for themselves whether it matters

the best

12 billion
Plus another 22 billion.

For a total of 36 billion.

After 1 month in office.

So if he's president for 2 full terms, and the debt goes down at that rate the national debt will have been cut by 3.4 trillion dollars.

Nice try shill faggot.

But no part of his tweet takes ownership of the act in question he's simply stating it happened during his first month. If people are stupid enough to assume he was taking credit that's on them. Would you assume he was the cause of terrorist attacks if he said "We had 12 terrorist attacks in my first month in office."?

I mean, he's literally bragging about the results of Obama-era policies. Trump has enacted zero policies that affect the debt.

Nobody takes Politifact seriously anymore. They were the shining beacon of objectivity for the first 3 months of the election and that was pretty much it. They can eat shit.