Can a 'Shy Voter' meme campaign work for the AfD in Germany?

Donald Trump and Nigel Farage helped popularize the term 'Shy Voter' in 2016. Is it possible to design a meme campaign to encourage potential shy voters in Germany to support the AfD?

Pic related is one such idea.

I'm talking about ordinary Germans who may have already given up on the system but who also know that 'something isn't right'. These potential voters would never admit publicly that they support the AfD, although in private the probably agree with a lot AfD policies. Or, maybe they're just fed up with Merkel, the CDU and SPD and they want to try something different.

How can Sup Forums help these voters make the right choice?

I pretend to be a Hillary sjw in real life. Privately I voted for Trump and browse Sup Forums. So yeah it might help.

They're not pretending to be SJW's. They're just saying things that are politically correct, like "Wir schaffen das!"

They'll never say this with any enthusiasm, just enough to make their co-workers and friends think they're solidly in the CDU (or SPD) camp.

just what exactly do they think they will do thats "necessary"
if they fight back, they are more likely to suffer consequences

I'm saying that the simple act of voting for the AfD is fighting back.

too little too late, their country is gone

use two different pics of the same chick, one smiling and when on the left taling about "refugees welcome" and more serious, determined, darker version on the right

>german propaganda
>in english

fucking hell mexicans

I hope it's not too late; I'm not willing to give up just yet. 2017 is poised to be one of the most interesting election years for Europe in decades.

thats why its going to be so depressing when Merkel wins with above 40%

I worked on these memes with a friend earlier tonight. We tried to blend 2 images into one. While it's possible, getting it right requires a lot of trial and error experimentation, so we focused our efforts today on other things.

However, it's a great idea, and another user has suggested something similar, so I'll spend some time on this tomorrow.

this is a bad mindset
and yes, please get some kraut user to translate this

I keep forgetting to mention that I have both English and German versions for these memes. Phase 3 hasn't been done in German yet, but here's a Phase 2 meme in Deutsch.

Couldn't you find a stock image of a girl who doesn't look high as fuck

As noted below, I have these memes in 2 languages (German and English). When I have a new series, I usually show the English text first to make sure we get it right before handing it off for German translation.

She's not high, user. She's sad!
Her government is censoring her and shaming her into towing the party line. She wants to yell out "AfD!" but has to keep quiet or she'll become a social outcast.
Is pic related any better?

One issue with the target demographic is that it will be VERY hard to get them to distribute these memes organically. These people don't share memes on social media.

Concern trolling might be one approach:
>Will you guys look at what those clowns at the AfD up! Can you believe this shit? It really has me concerned!"

I honestly think that an analog campaign (with printed posters glued to subway walls) could be a nice complement to a digital one.

>thats why its going to be so depressing when Merkel wins with above 40%
There's no way Merkel will get anything near 40% in the 2017 elections. None.

unless the red (The Social Democratic Party of Germany) are planning on throwing every last refugee into the Baltic, they are done

Does anyone in Germany really trust the polls after 2016? The recent "surge" by the SPD in the polls (and the corresponding surge in SPD and pro-Schulz shills on this site) sure looks staged to me.

Coward. I admitted i voted Trump and lost friends for it. Its disgusting to me how people value feelings over doing what necessary.

The downside of these ads is that they make AfD voters look like cucks who don't dare to speak their minds.

> I admitted i voted Trump and lost friends for it. Its disgusting to me how people value feelings over doing what necessary.

The most important thing shy voters can do is vote for the AfD when the time comes. Who cares if they proclaim their support in public? Shy voters are shy - they'll never do this.

Or the upside is that it may redpill other voters into realizing that they actually live in a sort of soft tyranny in which the government is actively encouraging them to report on their friends and co-workers.
Maybe that realization alone would pull over more voters to the AfD.

Guys work on France.

Germany needs to fall. The German people need to be genetically replaced, even if it is with shitskins.

Hopefully Schultz wins in Germany. I think he will. This is for the best.

Assuming your vote even counts. Smh

I think I'll work on Holland before I work on French memes.

Schulz winning in Germany is not for the best.
Pic related is typical SPD supporter.

bamp

Quick google search on 'what is a shy voter'

seems like effective propaganda. it also blends well with the qt presentation of afd chan.

this, weve seen it b4, and germany's media is far worse than ours.

There are 2 or 3 distribution mechanism available:
- digital via social media
- analog via 'old school' posters in subways and bus stops
- concern trolling

Maybe it's necessary to enlist shy voters to do samizdat distributions in secret. Give them something to do in their free time.

>Two Identities
>Three bodies

Why can't Americans count upto two without fucking up?

>Why can't Americans count upto two without fucking up?
Binary choices / Public vs Private
Three colors in the German Flag / 3 different hair colors

this meme is not really at good impiles there is something wrong and immoral about voting afd but least your trying

autistic as fuck

I could work user but try blending "shy voter" with "silent majority" type language to sound stronger. They're shy because they feel the majority would crush them - disabuse them of this notion.

this is Sup Forums

Well, I can try to modify it so that it becomes an absurd critique of Merkel's social shaming. If that would work, I'd give it a try as well.

Suggestion noted. I've heard this before, so it's a good idea. I just haven't figured out how (or where) to do this - in the hashtag area, or in the 'private' block area?

AFD is at less than 10% in the polls. Germany is fucked, so support Wilders and Le Pen. Most importantly Le Pen. We need to meme harder.

>conservatives are two faced cowards
>#twofaces
yeah great idea mate

>unironically supporting retards

maybe the #twofaces hash (which sounds kinda duplicitous) could be worked into something like #NotAlone? You'd want to throw in a statement somewhere that basically says "...and I know I'm not alone" with basically hiding their powerlevel.

>and more serious, determined, darker version on the right

That's the best way to make people NOT vote AFD. If anything you need a nervous, fake-smile on the left and a contemplative, slightly surprised, but determined expression on the right, like someone is realizing something

That sure will help citizens to trust each other,a great idea for a nationalist party

My Photoshopping skills aren't yet that good. But I will try to put a rainbow "Refugees Welcome!" t-shirt on the left girl and an AfD t-shirt on the right girl.

I doubt it

>You'd want to throw in a statement somewhere that basically says "...and I know I'm not alone" with basically hiding their powerlevel.
OK. I think the Silent Majority deserve at least one bullet point of their own. Telling them they are not alone is a good idea.

That probably would do more harm than good.

I think Germans are just kinda stupid. How else do you explain it? If they were intelligent they wouldn't be tolerating the influx of foreign men into their countries.

Can you give me details? Why specifically? As far as I know, no one else is targeting this demographic. Isn't something better than nothing?

It should imply that peer-pressure is pushing for open support of an immoral point of view, while the private stance is moral. It should try to grab and amplify that feeling that should be lurking in the back in the head of a group that may not be 100% sure about the Immigrant and Multiculture problems. That feeling of uneasiness that is telling them that they just might be on the wrong side by following the public, regime approved point of view.

A lot of Germans post WO2 claimed "we were only following orders". Yet they were still held responsible, and that line of argument is a given in the German (and Dutch) cultural consciousness: you are still personally responsible for you actions, even if the regime tells to do X or Y.

Good point, give that another spin. I have to hide myself for being moral, or something along those lines. You're aiming for the group of shy but honest voters, which should be there, not the hardline leftoids.

I would argue to remove specific party names from the poster, like AfD or PVV which I saw before. Since it's pretty much known that conforming to the public opinion means having to be pro-refugee (and all that comes along with that), there is little doubt for anyone what the first part "I'll say in public .. " means. Then the "in private" part is heavily implied to be the opposite of that. By removing the party name the poster gains enough ambiguity to catch on on normiebook, remember, they are shy voters that won't like or share PVV or AfD stuff.

Also, the word 'necessary' should imply a moral choice, perhaps there is a better frame for it?

Alternative image: a group of happy people, drinking and socializing in a bar perhaps with one person obviously detached from the fun and looking away from the rest. Or to maximize cognitive dissonance: a photo of group of Nazi's with one guy looking away, or obviously in doubt where the rest is not.

Make shy voters brave again!

Thanks for this excellent feedback and analysis, Aquafresh. I've also been working on memes for Geert, but lately the Germans have been getting more of my attention despite the Dutch election being only 3 weeks away.

Somebody PLEASE edit this to say
>I have two identities
>nicest person you'll ever meet
>twisted fucking psychopath

I was in your (?) previous thread as well and have given it more thought in the mean time!

I would help with the photoshop, but I have 0 skill in that, there's people on Sup Forums with amazing skills here that can do a better job.

I see where you're coming from, but honestly I think that won't work well

#failedmeme
Its not really that funny.

kek

Actually the original pic wasn't supposed to be funny

Lmao yes, this is filling my meme hole! :DDD More!

Im lucky... I'm not shy about saying I voted for Trump and I never lost any friends, and there are a few that are anti trump.... though when I talk about why I voted Trump I usually say its because I find him amusing and find it funny how outrageous some of the stuff he says. I don't say because I'm a nationalist and I agree with him on immigration

The current polls are not to be trusted. Usually about 1,000something people are questioned w/o issueing the region where this has been done.
SPD, since Gabriel stepped down as the candidate and the installation of Schulz as their pony in the run, is running a MASSIVE propaganda campaign all over the channels.
They're buying press articles, air time on public broadcast TV and even try to inflitrate the "new media," i.e. Reddit, Twatter, Youtube. The Reddit /r/the_schulz is borderline pathetic and STEALS MEMES from obviously /r/the_donald ... which should tell volumes how "creative" these cuck-sozis are.
Needless to say that they occasionally flood Sup Forums with their stupid "MEGA" shill threads.

>Donald Trump and Nigel Farage helped popularize the term 'Shy Voter' in 2016

The shy tory factor has been around for decades mate. It's nothing new.

The most AfD voters in Germany are cucks or have to be in order to survive in that society.
The climate is so toxic here that you get fired our ousted and publicly humiliated for openly associating with AfD and f.i. working as a teacher or some public office. The Antifa violently attacks AfD supporters and politicians, destroys and defaces their property and proactively extorts venue owners to not rent their property to AfD conventions etc.
The environment is absolutely toxic

This. Almost makes me want to support you guys out of pity. Fuck Antifa.

t. American who couldn't even place Poland on a map

Is there a way to tap into the frustration on the part of ordinary voters who are fed up with this crap?

Other than an ironic campaign that talks about shy voters, how else can one motivate Germans to uncuck themselves?

>I don't say because I'm a nationalist and I agree with him on immigration
lmao

which coastal shithole do you live in?

Nothing. Nationalism and patriotism are basically considered "bad words" in this country. Showing pride for your nation is only ever accepted during the world cup, and even then people complain about all the German flags. It's completely backwards. I'm not even a right-winger, but this this makes me resentful. Far right talking points should not be off limits if they operate within the democratic framework. Same with far left. We have a Marxist Leninist party, but we can't even tolerate people sympathizing with the AfD? To hell with that.

I can't wait until you guys go fucking bonkers like you did last time.

bump

THIS IS FUCKING R E T A R D E D

For fuck's sake, whose idea is that?

Are you telling people to be ashamed of their opinions? This is a terrible idea!

We need to tell people to be proud of the opinions they believe are right.

nigga have u never watched madmen? that picture is fucking stupid all it gives people is a sense that you're sort of advocating for maybe open boarders and more refugees? maybe not.

you need to be definite and forceful withyour memes/advertisements, leave create a question thats simple enough for people to come up with the answer to themselves, make them think about the ad so they're invested in it and they'll remember it.

your wishy washy maybe maybe not pic is a disgrace and no company in their right mind would pay for it

You mean that tine when you guys reduced our beautiful cities to rubble, killing millions of innocent women and children with the excuse that everyone was a fanatic Nazi?

Shy Tory has been around for a long time famalam

"I am a schizophrenic"

Are you guys dense? This is a terrible campaign idea, seriously.

It's telling people they should be ashamed of their political opinions.

The priority is to get people to have the right opinions, THEN to get them to vote for you.

Remove "report fake news" if you want it to be effective. It makes it sound like it's a good thing.
And no, Germany is fucked and can not be saved. A nation of slaves.

This is a brilliant and could be the way of the future for the right.

Shy voters might stay at home if they think they'll lose anyway but this will motivate them to get out and vote because they'll believe there's a small chance that there's millions of like minded people out there.

1. Makes people aware others are being shy,
2. Then it's bring out the confident and opinionated who realize they have an audience
3. It becomes edgy and cool to support
4. Profit?

Yea, sorry 'bout all that! We won't do it again, I promise!

Americans have lost our appetite for foreign military engagements so now's your chance! World Mods are asleep, strike while the iron's hot!

>This is a terrible idea!
nah, you don't understand German mentality, this is the way they are. The Swedes are even worse (Jantelagen). They cannot expose themselves in public, even if 90% of them know the public narrative is wrong. So they need to be convinced to at least do the right thing surreptitiously.

sick fit

We're for the first time looking up and looking over our shoulders like we're about to tell racist joke. But when we look around we only see others looking behind their shoulders. The people are waking up. I had random bluepilled friends of mine ask me if I knew what white genocide was.

>Are you telling people to be ashamed of their opinions? This is a terrible idea!
Quite the opposite: we are saying that people already ARE ashamed of their opinions. This poster is to break the illusion that they are on their own and an appeal to their conscience not to be ashamed in the voting booth.

I'm not seeing any mental illness, just a precaution against being fired, assaulted, ostracized etc. which is well within the realm of possibilities in Germany. You don't confront an enemy head on when outnumbered 1 to 10, or even when you are not sure about these odds. And as says, it's a different mentality here at least with the more conservative folks: you keep to yourself and don't make a public show too much.

>Nationalism and patriotism are basically considered "bad words" in this country

Yup.
And that can change.

Try arguing about how the state should pay for abortions and sex change surgery with someone from the 50s.
It would be unthinkable to them.

Hocke got btfo by Frauke whore. afd is a joke.

no it wont work, because there is no large silent right wing sentiment in germany. 90% of germans are either leftists or center. they still need convincing that you actually need at least a few right wing policies for a functioning state.

they mistrust the afd and are generally not on bad terms with a mass influx of foreigners as long as the public peace is upheld.

You can find a sense of satisfaction being a crypto

retarded as fuck. go rather with get raped or vote.

cringe as fuck
is this an opposite troll?