Why is Trump pushing the US towards coal when everybody else is moving to Solar...

Why is Trump pushing the US towards coal when everybody else is moving to Solar? Even the Indians and the Arabs have found a way to make it cheaper than fossil fuels. This is no longer an issue of climate change but of economic viability. If the Chinese can supply most of the world with Solar panels and batteries than they control the future energy source of this planet. If he is wise he would invest more in US solar. It employs more people than coal anyways.

livemint.com/Industry/VAhOv1Tos5klNu06QQvA7I/India-wind-power-tariff-follows-solar-route-falls-to-record.html
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-03/solar-developers-undercut-coal-with-another-record-set-in-dubai
fortune.com/2017/02/07/us-solar-jobs-2016/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_electricity_by_source#United_States
greentechmedia.com/articles/read/Sunshot-1-Per-Watt-Solar-Cost-Goal-Mission-Accomplished-Years-Ahead-of-S
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Coal may be unreliable but until we use it all we still have power unlike solar which only works in desert country's like the ones u mention because there is rarely storms and the such but even in these country's there are still problems like sand storms which make things like solar power useless. also if u want to invest in anyway of unending power it have to be nuclear because it works in every country.

Solar is fucking shitty. Nuclear is the best option for civilised countries that dont have earthquake/tsunami problems.

>chinese smog
>solar

Diversification is good in terms of energy policy. Solar and wind are overpriced and inefficient compared to coal power. This will most likely change in the near future.

China sure burns a lot of uniquely dirty coal in their alleged move to solar.

What is the breakthrough that has everybody memeing that solar is now fucking amazing and not totally useless lefty cuck clean utopia shit?

It keeps dropping in price each year. Innovation and just good ol' fashion manufacturing are dropping its price

It's still 2-3x the cost of coal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_of_electricity_by_source#United_States

As for viable alternatives to coal:

* Nuclear is matched
* Wind is cheaper, but limited by location
* Geothermal is similarly limited and cheaper
* Hydro is similarly limited and cheaper.

I have physically seen all of the above in my own state. They put in windmills, dams, and geothermal power where they can, but fall back to fossil elsewhere.

Nuclear when?

there is no breakthrough it is just some accounting trickery to sell the agenda

Your information is already out of date. Since the generation costs of Solar are free, the cost of it keeps declining because the only thing that has to be paid for is the panel itself. This is why there will be no new nuclear or coal plants in the US. As of 2017, the unsubidized price of Solar has hit grid parity in the US. You can thank the Chinese for that.

greentechmedia.com/articles/read/Sunshot-1-Per-Watt-Solar-Cost-Goal-Mission-Accomplished-Years-Ahead-of-S

The US has a shit load of coal. All we need is coal scrubbers and we're good.

I agree Nuclear has a role. But it should only be for backup. Everybody is going to have solar panels and batteries In there houses soon just like everybody has electricity and plumbing.

>Everybody is going to have solar panels and batteries In there houses soon

delusional

solar is not only inefficient but it's also a waste of land. Sure you can put them on people's houses but that creates a whole bunch of other problems. Like crackheads dismantling them to sell the metals for drugs.

If you told someone in the 1800s that people in the future would have thousands of feet of copper wiring throughout there houses so they can power technologies not yet imagined they would look at you crazy.

Nuclear is the best so far, only problem is waste, which we have solved, we just have to kick a few governor asses to get it back in shape, and we can get cold fusion later and possibly reuse the waste of the fission reactors.
Why steal the sun's energy when you can be the sun itself?
That's not to say solar and wind is useless, it's just not there yet, and won't be for a good while

first you must invent the electricity if you know so much about the future.

Then the peasans in awe of your mastery over lightning will do what you say.

Because we still sell coal to them. We sell the coal to shitskins and get our power from natural gas and nuclear. I bet you failed Econ.

Maybe we should remove copper wiring throughout the place you live so you don't get shocked to death? Or we should stop people from driving cars so people don't slam into other people with them?

it won't be there until we can make a solar space station and transfer the power somehow back to earth.

I'm thinking

>solar station
>microwave beam to space elevator

This. Be a literal wizard and have world wars fought over your knowledge. Build the first steel ship and become a pirate

We are the Saudi Arabia of Coal. We have enough to supply global demand for 700 years.

Enjoy your solar-generated electricity on cloudy days, or at night.

It'd require more police, and wouldn't be worth it in nigger hoods.
Dyson sphere is currently just fantasy, but if it's built, nuclear and solar at home becomes backup generators, at least until ayys destroy our precious space shit

Solar only works when the sun shines. You cant effectively get more than 30% of grid power from it.

Fuck the chinese, honestly.
I wish WW3 was between the U.S / China.
These evil gooks are responsible for damn near everything wrong with the U.S.

Ever heard of energy storage?

why would it shock me to death? are you implying I'm not smart enough to disconnect the mains when I do electrical work in my own home? I agree with cars though. They're practically assault weapons. Just look at that nice attack.

It's the Jews too. Arabs getting btfo would make me bittersweet though. I want to crusade in their pussies after I kill their men. Can't very well do that if they are all nuked

arabs have been subjecting themselves to american slavery tier eugenics for over a millenium.

Just like niggers there's nothing a white man can do to undilute that retardation.

We can use the cute ones for sex. I never intended on marrying them or using them for math homework

>cute
There's a reason those manbeasts wear curtains.

>Why is Trump pushing the US towards coal
He's not. The EPA, solar cronies, natural gas cronies, and so on are pushing the US away from coal. Trump is telling them to stop and let the free market decide.

That's not pushing the US toward anything.

I'm sure we can find some, and with proper gene therapy, turn them into organic sexbots for people who don't trust robot lovers. Fact: the whiter a girl is, the prettier she gets, which is why mullattoes are cute

because diamonds, you fucking newfag. lurk moar.

DIAMONDS. RETARD.

people who can't just use their hand and their imagination to rub one out should be gassed.

>This is why there will be no new nuclear or coal plants in the US.
That's called the EPA. It has nothing to do with a free market.

people even here in NYC have solar. u mad?

>If he is wise
Good one. He's an incompetent hack with no ideas of his own other than YUGE NUMBERS and YUGE HANDS and grab em by the pussy.

Yes, you say that, but the novelty and exotic markets are big. Become the Jews, user.

Manufacturing photovoltaic panels produces tons of toxic waste.

LFTR is where we should be focusing.

solar is passive easy energy aquisition. FUCK YOU. you are wrong, suck a dick. keep sucking the cock of follil fuels that you don't want to lose money on, FAGGOT

INVZESTOR

FAGGOT

let me re-iterate: FAGGOT

the sun puts out unlimited energy. we dont even need nuclear power. FAGGOT FAQGGOT FAGGOT FAGOT FAGGOT NIGGER FAGGOT NIGGER FAGGOT.

>everybody else is moving to Solar?
What, nigga? Nuclear is the only viable long-term power source.

then why not catgirls?

>I'll just call him names and ignore that solar isn't enough to even power Germany!
Why do you come here unprepared to win an argument?

Solar is about 8x the cost of 'fossil' fuels, which as it turns out is not fossil in origin.
Trump advocates coal because it's not the place of .gov to force the use of specific resources.
The free market will move us to solar if and when it becomes viable.
>Chinese can supply most of the world with Solar panels and batteries than they
They can only do it will massive infusion of State capital on their end and massive public funds on our end. All so we can humor you and your public school education.

Brown catgirls, and foxes, and puppers, and squidgrills

what does being gay have to do with solar panels?

Battery tech is still shit and they have to be replaced every few years. Not remotely practical.

Solar and wind is good for remote off-grid applications, but they will never be practical as a primary source of energy.

He's a Bolshevik, don't worry. He was born wrong.

No one in the works had made solar or wind power efficient or cheap. It's unreliable and highly inefficient.

Reminder that if everyone moves to electric cars, electricity demand is going to skyrocket.

There's like 500 quadrillion dollars of shit still stuck in this planet, what's with the rush to free shit?
You can't make money off free.

because the metals for solar panels are harder to find than petroleum deposits.
and until we either go to space for asteroid mining or make solar panels efficient enough to make them dependable. reliance on solar power would lead to further global conflict.
or a return to petrol, gas and coal.

trump's just beating them to the punch really. i would guess his general idea is to make us energy independent in case of a ww3 in the next 20 years

Here's a thought, if it's such easy and passive energy acquisition why are they made out of oils and metals dug with the help of oils, transported via fossile fuels, and why are they so expensive to maintain?

How long would your average unit have to run before its out of debt including the paying of personell responsible for cleaning and maintenance?

wind farms are the same way, all that energy is wasted to set them up and yet they freeze over or self immolate releasing thick black smoke into the environment, and oh my fuck the amount of birds those fucking things kill during service, and the noise.

hey shit for brains. Want to know why we like coal? Because of pic related.

The US is just about the only country on the planet with the ability to be fully independent of the rest of the world. Trump's policies further enforce that realization. We have enough coal that the earth could be provided for in terms of centuries at current energy consumption rates. Centuries. Fuck Saudi Arabia's oil. We have a fucking huge glut of oil and natural gas.

We have the ability to go back to building amazing nuclear plants too, and are working on fusion aggressively.

Solar will happen as well, but as an additive power source, not a primary one.

If anything, if you really care about the environment, we, not the US, but the entire earth needs to focus on eliminating dams and reforesting areas. Forests help create climate patterns, and bring rain.

hes on the wrong track baby...he was born that gay.

You don't even have to go as far as solar. Fracking/natural gas kills coal in every single way.

If they wanted to bring back coal then it would have to be subsidized by US tax payers.

>moving towards solar
Solar is a meme for now. Wind energy, thorium and fusion reactors are the future.

Solar is so fucking useless right now it's not even funny