What's the purest, most faithful to Christ church?

what's the purest, most faithful to Christ church?

>Catholic
>Eastern orthodox
>Oriental orthodox
>Assyrian

protestant cucks need not apply.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1nbOJZNLlas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_Their_Lies
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

baptist desu

youtube.com/watch?v=1nbOJZNLlas

It's Catholic. Current anti-pope notwithstanding, it stands on the ground of those that killed Christ. The poetry of that can't be ignored.

Jews only denied christ, they didn't kill him.

>it stands on the ground of those that killed Christ

you've opened my eyes, user. now how do we repair the schism to reunite Christendom?

>Current anti-pope

Literally who elected this faggot. Thankfully the Vatican council appears to have regained their senses and are eyeing a much more conservative successor.

if digits, kek will put a true pope on the throne of Peter before the end of the year.

All those are 99% the same when it comes to sacraments and everything else that matters. Since you're a Western man, you basically belong to the Catholic Church.

Coptic orthodoxy>grecocatholic>eastern orthodox>roman catholic>traditional lutheran protestantism>mormoniem>>>protestant offshots

Catholicism

catholicism is the way to go, hopefully our orthodox and other friends will come back since we are so similar and need to unite against more dangerous things

others meaning assyrians, i should say

We're good, we don't worship the pope cuck like you guys do

no one in their right mind supports the current pope

>Protestants fled to the Americas to avoid Catholic prosecution
>"basically belong to the Catholic Church"

Croatian women are whores and Catholicism is blasphemous idolatry

>praying to saints, statues, and icons instead of God
Who's the cuck?

>protestant cucks need not apply
shoo

>praying to someone who's not God
You're the heretic

This. The Pope is an embarrassment.

Ask the kiwis.

>religious
>right mind
choose one

the very idea of papal supremacy (one of the core doctrines in the church) means catholicism is based on worshipping a series of false prophets. you pray to a collection of graven images instead of God.

the fact that Catholicism is #1 in South America tells you all you need to know

>Croatian women are whores
Canadian are even bigger whores, what's your point?

>Catholicism is blasphemous idolatry
Spoken like a true 13 year old bible study babby

Ask these guys

asking for the saints to offer our prayers to God is not at all the same as worshipping them, and the fact that this flimsy non-argument is almost always what you people will resort to condemn the church given to us by Christ to is irritating to say the least

Explain why protestants contradict the early Christians and church fathers

I am waiting

the word of God is above the pope, so his supremacy only exists as long as he upholds it truthfully (nice trips btw)

>believing in sky gods
>2017

Stay stupid mind cucks

lurker here, why do protestants contradict the early Christians so much? There is definitely something wrong when none can even address this issue

>t. Protestant

Why pray to them when you can pray to God yourself? Surely he will listen to the prayers of his children

Jews.

>t. God

Yea, Crom the God under the mountain is the only tru god
Fuck sky gods

because protestantism is intellectually shallow and doesn't encourage any sort of deeper analysis or thought into anything that Christ or the original biblical texts teach, they just learn trigger words like "idolatry" and think it constitutes an argument (much like liberals and their buzzwords)

>contradict the early Christians so much
What do you mean? We love Augustine. Most, if not all, of our theology is based off of him

The catholics in this thread are all "cultural catholics" who only get their information about the state of the church through the mainstream media, memes, edgy protestant anti-catholics, the satanic sedevacantists, and other enemies of the church. Not from the vatican directly. Which is why they have fallen for the "Francis is hyper-liberal" meme

The current pope isn't the radical the media tries to paint him as. Pretty much all devout catholics support him and recognize him as the pope. So please, anti-Francis cucks, go back to fapping to anime and posting "DEUS VULT" maymays on facebook and keep your mouth shut concerning things you have no clue about

Scientology. Zenu is actually Christ in the secretest highest level.

Except of course protestants contradict him too

>t. Someone who actually read him

That's a lie if I've ever seen one. I don't know what protestants you've meet. But the conservative ones take the Bible literally. I agree that liberal Protestantism needs to die, though.

for the same reason you might pray with your family or friends
ου γαρ εισιν δυο η τρεις συνηγμενοι εις το εμον ονομα εkει ειμι εν μεσω αυτων
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. (Matthew 18:20)

>PRODDIE claim AUGUSTINE
>in truth AUGUSTINE rejects them

His confessions support that the will is not free and that we are all bound to evil. He makes it clear that it was God who saved him and not anything he himself did

The irony

All churches are synagogues of satan

put your faith in christ not the church

Quote from Augustine himself and not from someone putting words in his mouth.

i'm referring mostly to liberal protestantism, but there are many cases where it's intellectually irresponsible to take the bible literally (ie. Moses wasn't really as old as the text states, rather it's a way to convey his great age)

Except AUGUSTINE isn't calvinist. In fact everytime free will is mentioned it is the libertarian sense of free will and not the Compatabilist free will.

Deal with it

>assmad Proddie cannot even into scholarship

The coptic church has the oldest and most authentic masses

Gnosis

If the will is free, why have Christ at all? Someone can just will themselves to be pure. What is with you people and your adamant rejection of the the fall corrupting man and your rejection of original sin. Man is but a worm who can do nothing for himself. He needs God to save him. He can do nothing for himself.

this BTFOs the PRODDIE

"When you shall have been baptized, keep to a good life in the commandments of God so that you may preserve your baptism to the very end. I do not tell you that you will live here without sin, but they are venial sins which this life is never without. Baptism was instituted for all sins. For light sins, without which we cannot live, prayer was instituted. . . . But do not commit those sins on account of which you would have to be separated from the body of Christ. Perish the thought! For those whom you see doing penance have committed crimes, either adultery or some other enormities. That is why they are doing penance. If their sins were light, daily prayer would suffice to blot them out. . . . In the Church, therefore, there are three ways in which sins are forgiven: in baptisms, in prayer, and in the greater humility of penance" (St. Augustine, Sermon to Catechumens on the Creed 7:15, 8:16).

Now, if the wicked man were to be saved by fire on account of his faith only, and if this is the way the statement of the blessed Paul should be understood--"But he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire"--then faith without works would be sufficient to salvation. But then what the apostle James said would be false. And also false would be another statement of the same Paul himself: "Do not err," he says; "neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor the unmanly, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the Kingdom of God." (Enchiridion, Chapter XVIII, paragraph 3).

Catholics de facto chief deity is Mary. She takes precedence over the father, son and holy spirit.

That's not a theological argument.

here's an example, obviously this is not meant to be interpreted as we should transform ourselves physically into children, but instead that we need to become like them
kαι ειπεν αμην λεγω υμιν εαν μη στραφητε kαι γενησθε ως τα παιδια ου μη εισελθητε εις την βασιλειαν των ουρανων
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 12:3)

I was never taught that, and no one I know or have ever met believes that, where is that written officially?

Greek Orthodox is probably the closest you'll find to the original churches of Paul's day. Even then, the problem of (often unintentional) twisting of scripture and prophecy was so rampant, that he had to say "Even if I tell you different, even if an Angel tells you different from this document, it is not the word of God, this and only this exactly is the word given to me, by God."

>ignoring the argument
>ignoring the difference between a free will and the ability to carry out what is decided upon
>ignoring Augustine's phrase of free will that ALWAYS end up libertarian contra calvinist
>ignoring Augustine's conception of Grace as that which allows the will the STRENGTH to do works

Augustine contradicts protestantism

Deal with it

Nowhere in protestantism is grace seen as a power that strenghtens free will to do the good. It is simply that which robs free will living the human being passive. Augustine took pains to deny this view in On Grace and Free Will

That isn't even remotely comparable.

Stop trying to interpret the bible as a secular text.

Correct.

Have a cookie of truth.

>says the proddie who cannot even cite academic or historical sources to support his view
Deal with it

>proddie
I'm trying to have a civilized discussion on theology, not bantering like children. You Catholics do this every time. Also, can you at least explain how that backs up your argument?

>22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

I guess you've never read The Bible, the concept idolatry is discussed at length. Not just in the second commandment, either.

The Copts are good, too. Often forgotten between Crusader larpers and Roosiyaboos.

That just proves my original point, though. He can't help but sin

>cannot even provide academic and historical sources or show unserstanding of them
>cannot even read that which is cited
>dare to speak
Proddie arrogance 101

I subscrive your point of view....it going to be the end of the drunk whit blood of inocents is warlock by infiltration ; check is pass in argentina

i'm not saying idolatry isn't sinful, i'm saying it's a phrase that gets thrown around very often without any reason attached to it other than hatred and bitterness towards catholics

He will probably die of natural causes before that happens, so maybe a few years

I'm Roman Catholic but am increasingly inclined to believe that Eastern Orthodoxy is the most unadulterated contender. I think they have a much richer comprehension of the Holy Trinity than the RCC. The Catholic Church got distracted by Augustinianism and Scholasticism.

what part of that interpretation strikes you as being secular

>arrogance
Claiming that you can do something for your own salvation is arrogance.
>I'm saved because of my own God works
You're saved because Christ died on the cross as a sacrifice for us all. I don't see how we have done anything.

It doesn't. Deal with it. Just because a will is weak does it entail passivity ala protestant sola fide. This is proven by Augustine's consistent affirmation of free will and the fact that he demands works of the faithful. This is only consistent in a view that affirms both grace and free will and sees free will as cooperating with that grace

This of course contradicts sola fide which turns the individual passive

HUGE DIFFERENCE

The hatred and bitterness probably comes from the fact that they are unrepentant idolaters.

Dutch calvinist

You're an imbecile. Stop taking yourself seriously.

>Again ignoring Augustine or any of the church fathers
>ignoring my explicit mention of grace helping a weak will have strength to carry out what it have to do
Proddie logic 101

again, you call us idolaters and provide no reasoning for it, i'd be glad to refute your argument if you decide to make one

CALVINISM contradicts the church fathers

Here, Irenaeus destroys sola fide

i'm asking sincerely, calling me an imbecile doesn't further any sort of actual discussion

Then what what was the point of him complaining of the sins he committed as a child? He stated multiple times it was God who saved him.

I don't know what this has to do with being anti-protestanism. No where does he acknowledge the authority of the Pope or anything to make Catholicism superior aside from citing the Book of Wisdom in his works.

Re-read your posts. You lack understanding, you've said some very dumb things which has caused me not to take you seriously.

That assumes that everyone who's saved will never sin anymore. That's blatant heresy.

And the Roman Rite has this very heavy oppressive feeling like you're at a funeral. The Liturgy of John Chrisostom in the Greek Orthodox Church is better. You feel like you are at a wedding banquet. It is reflective much more of the hope of Christian belief, of the coming marriage of heaven and earth.

St. Augustine was born almost 400 years after Christ. You're quoting a random guy and taking it as the word of God, guess I can't be surprised though.

and protestants still get baptized, so what point were you trying to make?

>ignoring my explicit mention of free will as weak that needed help
Wow PRODDIE so stupid

Sounds like someone doesn't even read Augustine and only read what his dummy proddie had to filter down for him and then thinks he is an expert in patristics

Kys

that (You) is all i needed

>the Pope is infallible
>but I know better than him lol

Reminder that all Papists are cuckolds

i'll concede that calling protestantism intellectually shallow is a low-blow and I willingly apologize, but I still want your argument for the case of catholic idolatry

Those who are free from the bondage of sin don't sin. If you are sinning you are not saved. One of the biggest reasons for the protestant split was to avoid this truth.

>protestant cucks need not apply.
because you already know the answer to your own question.

Catholicism is a pagan religion just like the orthodox church.

Idols are heresy!

>b-b-but theyre not idols theyre icons!!!!1
KYS you heathens

REPENT and you may enter the gates of heaven for the lord is merciful

Those denies sola fide

Augustine also supports,
>venerating saints
>real presence
>authority of priesthood
>free will against the calvinists
>having DEUTEROCANON AS SCRIPTURE

That's not what I was referring to. I'm not a protestant, I don't care if you say mean things about it.

I'm converting to hardcore traditionalist Catholicism brothers, former protestant cuck here. Please pray for me.

>Eastern orthodox

My understanding is they basically ignore Paul so of the choices offered they have my vote

Wow! Someone ignores Augustine when he says the healing takes time!

Define pure.
I find some concepts in Orthodoxy absolutely revolting, but most of them are unique and exist only in Eastern European denominations.
From what I gathered about US current year's Protestantism they are essentially "Christianity light with Walmart exclusive DLC".

Then everyone who goes to confession is damned. PERFECT

>protestant cucks need not apply.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_Their_Lies