CATHOLIC GENERAL. SSPX reconciliation edition

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life. If you feel something is missing, please ask for it to be included while providing a link.

Reports: SSPX have been given a Santa Maria Immacolata building complex on the Esquiline in Rome as part of the imminent reconciliation

Today is Quinquagesima Sunday.
Readings here ewtn.com/daily-readings/

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Documents of Vatican II
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/index.htm
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Finding a Mass
pastebin.com/S0W9rLQR
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/commentary/sd-utbg-muslims-ban-trump-soro-20170217-story.html
churchmilitant.com/news/article/new-benedictine-priory-erected-in-australia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good Morning all. I am waiting to go to mass now.

Good morning leafbro. Hope you get a spiritually nourishing sermon that explains the importance of placing God before any materialistic possession, as explained in the Gospel

Picture of the church the SSPX will apparently get when they reconcile

Story that probably didn't get much media attention:

Trump right to protect nation with travel ban - says Iraqi-American bishop sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/commentary/sd-utbg-muslims-ban-trump-soro-20170217-story.html

>SSPX reconciliation
This is highly admirable. But I fear the Church will never return to pre-Vatican II. The Latin Mass is dying and the current Pope has worrying positions.

Can any of you reassure me that the future can be restored?

praise jesus

>But I fear the Church will never return to pre-Vatican II

We have FSSP and non-Latin churches if you want a traditional parish.

Your concerns are not supported by the facts my roo-punching friend. Since SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM, the Latin mass has grown exponentially.

Example?

New Benedictine Priory Erected in Australia (where the Latin mass will be said) churchmilitant.com/news/article/new-benedictine-priory-erected-in-australia

This is what I need.

Many thanks.

Very welcome. Do not despair Aussiebro.

>The Church is a perpetually defeated thing that always outlives her conquerers.'

The traditional societies are growing. It is the liberals like the Jesuits that are declining. Many in the Church have tasted the fruits of Vatican II & found them bitter

Why do people pray in church or in public?

And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.

But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.

howdy Catholic, so I have a catholic parent who never allowed me anywhere near the church, I think he was molested there, also catholics just have a reputation for being molesters in my rural farming area since a long time ago like my grandparents said they remember the catholics being pedos when they were kids

did catholics invent Islam and why are Islam and Catholic stuff very similar and is your thing really just ancient saturn worship redressed and why are the first few saints related to the Piso Flavian caesars

also the way they tell it Rome is the real jews and the (((jews))) are just a fall guy for Rome

I have issues too. I am seeing a lot of threads where some user always takes screenshots of books and quotes from early Christians. I find it so odd that the early Christians contradict protestantism by a long shot.

I am not saying that they are Catholics, just that they contradict the five solaes judging by those many citations

I really need help man, all those citations are actually reflective of academic scholarship which makes it all the more worse for me.

I can't be wrong! I know the early christians are bible believers like me and the Reformers

It's a warning against vanity and false piety.

There is nothing wrong with public worship, as proven by Temple of Solomon (which Jesus cleansed of merchants), whis was a place of public worship too.

Important to read things in context. Christ was rebuking those who pray to look holy, rather than those who pray BECAUSE they are holy.

Christ prayed in public with his disciples.

Christ encouraged people to gather and pray >Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:18-19)

The Church also teaches that we should engage in private prayer, particularly morning and night

But he also directly says how people should pray, which is in private

or when he says we should pray in private does he not actually mean that? wonder what else in the bible he says but means something else/doesnt mean at all

>Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (

it doesnt mention prayer though

Islam is similar in some respects for the same reason protestantism is similar to Catholicism in some respects: both drew on Catholicism. If you study Nestorianism, which was a heresy popular in the Mid East, you'll see trinity was a contentious issue. Some, including Nestorius and subsequently Mohammed denied Christ's divinity.

On the pedo question, you'll find instances of protestant clerics engaging in molestation too. And teachers. And public sector workers.

You think Christ meant when two or three gather for a beer and merely utter 'Jesus', he's there?

Christ preached both in public and in the synagogue.
Christ told the disciples to 'do this in memory of me' at the Last Supper.

As I said, Christ encouraged both private and communal prayer

Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, "Sit here while I go over there and pray."

Then Peter sent them all out of the room. He knelt down and prayed, and turning toward her body, he said, "Tabitha, get up!" She opened her eyes, and seeing Peter, she sat up.

He went in, shut the door on the two of them and prayed to the LORD

is preaching the same as prayer?

yeah there are bad people everywhere, it's just curious to see a connection from the Caesars to the early church and realize that a few generations before those saintly caesars were some who openly fucked children like Tiberius and Caligula

no biggie for me, the religious material is very interesting and I wonder how the church could be adapted to a point of view where a greater part of the public were aware of the secrets hidden in the bible, could the Catholic church adapt to a culture that recognizes the chemical truth in the symbolism?

the metaphors for drug taking in exodus and so on,

>You think Christ meant when two or three gather for a beer and merely utter 'Jesus', he's there?

I just dont see what that passage has to do with public prayer when there are clear direct examples of jesus telling people how they should pray

>the metaphors for drug taking in exodus

Go on

oh, in Exodus 25:10-22

they describe building an ark from acacia wood, the process of preparing acacia wood to build an ark makes you hallucinate, the bark and especially root bark are high in dmt, acacia also has a natural maoi inhibiter

in Exodus 3:1-3

Moses talks to an acacia tree that has caught fire, he probably inhaled dmt, or was merely preparing wood for building and started hallucinating, Moses' anointing oil, seems like Exodus is really just a military pharmacy reference manual
there are other instances I've heard of as well