Why does Portugal get the shit end of the stick?

>portuguese
>brazilian flag
>brazilian monument

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4ztOV2wrrkY
theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/02/portugal-low-birthrate-eurozone-crisis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's nothing, we have that shitty Mexican pyramid

cuz browns are morally superior to whites in 2017

I feel bad for you lot, christ.

>there are americans who think spanish comes from southern america not spain
>tfw

The portuguese spoken in Brazil isn't the same spoken in Portugal.
There are more brazilian portuguese speakers in the world than there are portuguese people overall.

É verdade !

I never understood why the Spanish and Portuguese didn't mimic the English. You don't convert the conquered, you subvert, genocide, and settle in their place. That's why America is great, because it was English majority and White/Anglo after all the Indians were genocided. Instead the spanish and portuguese decided to race mix and then abandon - resulting in the Train Wreck that is South America today. Clear mistake.

>I never understood why the Spanish and Portuguese didn't mimic the English.
Because we did it first, so the English had the advantage of looking at our mistakes and correcting them

*AUTISTIC SCREECHING*

so why didn't the small pox wipe them out? Or is that a meme?

needs more emus

Because European Moortuguese is fucking unintelligible. It doesn't even sound like a Romance language.

Because that is Brazilian Portuguese and not Portuguese from Portugal.

It really should just be called American Language desu.

This

wipe who out? Brazil wasn't as heavily populated by natives as Central and North America, the tribes were very primitive compared to other civilizations of the Americas and scattered around the massive forests. Brazil got its population from the massive influx of Europeans and nigger slaves.

>Why does Portugal get the shit end of the stick?
I don't think they do 'get the shit end of the stick'.
Have you ever visited Portugal?
It's a wonderful country. I go /out/ there - fishing, rock climbing, swimming etc.
I like to be on my own for at least one month every year.

so they took too many slaves in and became a nigger country? wow, I have a newfound disdain for Brazilians.

It is estimated that of the 2.5 million indigenous peoples who had lived in the region which now comprises Brazil, less than 10 per cent survived to the 1600s.
The primarily reason for depopulation was diseases such as smallpox that advanced far beyond movement of European settlers.

where is this from?

Difference between being a catholic and a protestant.

>it's mostly the dumb rednecks who say "speak American" or "stop speaking Mexican"

The white race truly is doomed

Cala-te filho da puta

No, the fucking portuguese did, and then, the portuguese intellectuals decided that would be a genious idea to 'whiten' the niggers and natives by virtue of race mixing, which leads us to modern-day Brazil.

You really think Brazil just decided all of a sudden to import blacks one day, you fucking mongoloid?

Was triggering me part of your plan?

not enough people, and catholicism. The people in the XVI didn't want to leave Spain and go to las Indias and we can't enslave the indians, was forbidden by the Pope

>Arround 250 mil portuguese speakers in the world
>200 mil are from Brazil

Should I go to Fatima this year? It's the 100th anniversary of the blessed Virgin Mary's appearance to those little peasants desu.

>You really think Brazil just decided all of a sudden to import blacks one day, you fucking mongoloid?
You say that as if it doesn't happen, look at Europe kek

>Should I go to Fatima this year? It's the 100th anniversary of the blessed Virgin Mary's appearance to those little peasants desu.
Fatima should be mentioned more often Sup Forums imho

The pope will go this year, so you can see him too

Of course

It's true, Alberto. Spaniards complain that they can't understand shit of what you say. I bet they would have an easier time with Brazilian Portuguese.

Because portugueses are stupid.

>find rich land full of dumb savages
>"lol, let's loot it and give the gold to the eternal Anglo"

american english is closer to the old original english than britbong english is

you can go to Fatima Santiago Lourdes and Rome in arround 2 weeks

Who gives a shit what spaniards say? Portuguese is true latin.

2 WORLD WARS

Because we wuz kangs niggers coopted the Portuguese flag foor their moorish head scarf.

The blessed Virgin literally saved JP2's life (as he leaned down to look at an icon of Our Lady of Fatima he was shot at. Would've died otherwise) and he still didn't consecrate Russia into the immaculate heart. I mean, it's fucked.

At least, to speak Portuguese make us far away of Hispanic shitty people, like faggots Argentinians or cave Mexican chimp people.

GERMAN QUEEN

this is a lie and u are a retarded, I've been in Estoril Elvas and Porto and I've been able to speak somehow without know a shit of portuguese

filho, split when?

And for those who don't know (most of you probably) in fatima there was one of the greatest miracles ever witnessed, not so long ago in 1917, given the number of people that saw it.
To non believers, it's said to be the greatest evidence of alien life / UFO activity in recorded history.

>on 13 October 1917, Estimates of number present range from 30,000 and 40,000 by Avelino de Almeida, writing for the Portuguese newspaper O Século,[5] to 100,000, estimated by Dr. Joseph Garrett, professor of natural sciences at the University of Coimbra,[6] both of whom were present that day.[7]

>The people had gathered because three young shepherd children had predicted that at high noon the lady who had appeared to them several times would perform a great miracle.

>According to many witnesses, after a period of rain, the dark clouds broke and the sun appeared as an opaque, spinning disc in the sky. It was said to be significantly duller than normal, and to cast multicolored lights across the landscape, the people, and the surrounding clouds. The sun was then reported to have careened towards the earth before zig-zagging back to its normal position.[4] Witnesses reported that their previously wet clothes became "suddenly and completely dry, as well as the wet and muddy ground that had been previously soaked because of the rain that had been falling"

most spanish I met have a real hard time hearing portuguese speak even though we understand them pretty well, I remember reading it was because of our nasal vowels which you don't have

is as hard has the romanian or the catalan not like the french or the italian, not a big deal

The language is ours(european one), the accent is yours.
A língua é nossa, o sotaque é vosso.

Stop vandalising spanish heroes.

I don't think anyone minds, desu.

Brazilian is a lot easier to pick up, more widely spoken, has a bigger touristic incentive overall, and it'd be a fair bit harder to find locals that know English. Which, you know, is a consequence of being in Latin America. We don't even dub shit, so we're fine with speaking English here and sounding Russian when abroad.

We get the hipster credit for it and the version sounds a bit calmer and classier just like British does compared to American, and not faggier like Thpanish does to Mexican.

It'd trigger us way more if it had the Portuguese flag and taught the Brazilian version instead.

Good on Brazil.

Do you really not think our accent is a bit better? You really sound like latino russians in my humble opinion.

I see people wondering why the portuguese didnt do what the english did, which is genocide and keep the bloodline pure. Here is why, Brazil was seen as a wild, dangerous place, women didnt go to Brazil, only prisioners sentenced to exile or adventurous young men. Deficit of women resulted in men creating families mostly with native girls. That pussy must have been great, cant blame them.

It's from Hetalia

Haha good meme. American was actually purposefully changed from English just for the sake of being different

Its easier than you think. Mass genociding people in the sixteenth century was expensive. Not only that, the population in the Empires was really high, more than some european kingdoms at the time. But Sup Forums never accept this. They think the empires can compare in population with the nomadic native americans of the north.

I'll argue that it's classier and more stern/stoic. Much like British English is to American English.

This is my honest opinion on it:

Brazilian is friendlier and sweeter when spoken slowly and calmly, though. It has an innocence and child-likeness not in a bad way. Your grandpas always sound like Santa-Claus-tier nice blokes, whereas ours sound harsher.

When you guys start speaking too fast and/or too loud it gets very obnoxious very fast, although I guess our gunas would also fill that role.

Portugal is a insignificant little thing, economic, cultural, military power, who cares with the damns bakers?

say's the zilianmongrel. you're a third world hell-hole, with no culture, only corruption and crime. gain some notion.

(you)
silly complexed brazilian

When the fuck did it stop us before, mate?

Because to a majority of the world, Portugal is just Spain +1.

Ask to France

Ok thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

who?

lmao lad, ignore that complexed brazilian, let him live in his own illusion :^)

I've read that it wasn't the guns that helped so much as the armor. The natives just didn't have anything that could penetrate it. But yeah- the reason South America is highly mestizo and the north isn't is because a couple hundred Wampanoag people living in wigwams and eating clams disappear faster than a civilization with millions of people.

doesnt spain have a picture of the mayan temples? kek

There are Americans who think Spain is in Mexico.

Maybe for Spain's territory.

The main advantage of the Portuguese against our foes in the Indic waters (our main Battleground, Brazil was pretty tame) were the back-loaded cannons, which allowed us to fire 6 or 7 times faster without pulling them back or expose ourselves climbing the side of the ship.

That and Portuguese fencing, which was pretty good at the time.

Because Iberians are lazy so they decided to buy a trillion slaves to work for them instead of doing it themselves
Also racemixing

So the anglo women were more robust and able to endure a harsh new world? Huh. I suppose the differences between america and brazil are rather stark in contrast.

They just added Swahili. Legitimately don't know what they're going to use for that. Maybe the world famous pile of burning tires or the renounced sheetmetal shack AIDS brothel of Mgutu-Ougalal.

funnily enough, some of the natives were actually thankful to be conquered and didn't even fight. particularly the aztects since life there was so fucking brutal with the sacrifices

True, the battle of Cochin makes me laugh my ass off every time I think about it.

Mas ao menos posso dormir com a janela aberta
:^)
But at least I can sleep with my window open

I think that the Anglos were just a bit more autistic.

José:
>get to new land
>brown qt smiles at him
>smile back at her and say
>"My name is José Martins, and I'm tired from my long journey"
>she laughs at him
>proceeds to fuck and conquer

Nigel:
>get to new land
>brown qt smiles at him
>smiles back, teeth decaying and rotting
>"my feet hurt, and this sun is too hot"
>she laughs at him
>dropspaghetti.jpg
>throws retard fit and genocides them all out of embarrassment.
>brings his horse-faced woman instead

I guess it ended up being a Pyrrhic victory for us, but still. At least both were better than the Germanics:

Hans:
>picks nose
>pillages and rapes neighbouring city, half of which are his family.

Why are germanics superior again? Is it because they are cousins to the Anglos who actually did do shit?

Galego

>brasiu é relevante cara

>Civ IV
Portugal is bredy gud, kinda like the dutch, but earlier
>Civ V
Portugal is shit
>Civ VI
Portugal is removed from the game, but they add Brazil and Spain, under the king who screwed over Portugal, and both of them got a couple of wonders tied to their respective countries

>b-but muh relevancy
Poland and Australia

Podes pedir ao Cámone se te empresta uma caçadeira para irmos á caça do veado :^)

never forget xD

so se for em videos de liveleak

kek, art imitates life

Brazil was in Civ V too.

Spanish colonies were well populated.
South America overall was well populated.
There was barely anyone in North America.
Also slavery was a big mistake.

pls no bully

Enjoy it

lol. The early settlements had it rough though, mass starvation etc.
>Hans
youtu.be/4ztOV2wrrkY
a sad history indeed.

> Spanish and Portuguese ... resulting in the Train Wreck that is South America today. Clear mistake.

"Well done. Keep it coming. They won't notice it,"

E futebou

Não vejo o motivo pelo qual os tugas estão bravos com você, você falou de uma forma ofensiva, mas a mensagem é verdadeira.

5-1 vs Euro

Here's an interesting exercise:

Come up with 3 blond truly Germanic important people in history.

You can't. They did jack shit.

Even their biggest leader was short and had black hair. Germanics are just sheep you can control easily, hence why they are so organised. Which isn't really a bad thing, but it doesn't leave much room for "smart".

The real heroes are this side of the Rhine. The other side are trying to join the badwagon because they've had some success in the past 50 years.

At least they speak Portuguese in Brazil.

Wales gets Stonehenge. (which is in England, in case you didn't know)
Nobody speaks Welsh near Stonehenge except maybe some tourists from Wales.

>comparando esse caso com a violência do Brasil
lol, as justificações que vocês usam para tentarem ficar sempre certos e não dar cabo do vosso ego
ridículos

France: 1 cunt with a van kills dozens of them.
Portugal: 2 cunts with a car can't kill one of us.

It wasn't well handled at all, but it does say somethings about each country.

Wonder what they'll use for fucking Klingon. They're doing Yiddish too- maybe they can use a giant pile of Jew gold for that one.

Your days are numbered theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/02/portugal-low-birthrate-eurozone-crisis

Germanics had way more important scientists, composers, heads of state, important figures overall than Portugal, but of course you are going to jerk off about the same two insignificant meme writers you guys had, meanwhile ingoring that germany exported more culture and music than your nation ever did.

Keep dreaming about Iberic superioty, José, because even your royalty knew german blood was superior, that's why they did all they could to pump germanic genetics in their family tree.