Fracking

Indian government is at its worst of politics. They are ruining tamilnadu, the south of india. Fracking is going to be implemented and its gonna destroy agriculture... what are we goin to eat.??? Crude oil and petrol?? Anonymous please help

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_fracturing
scientificamerican.com/article/fracking-can-contaminate-drinking-water/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>t. proxycunt
>implying anyone here gives a fuck about farmers' lives including they themselves

Not here fun. Im here for a cause. So.

In Sup Forums for a cause

Indian middle class continuing to make massive gains regardless.

whats so funny??

>we are going to starve
>german flag
>we
realistically it doesn't matter, India is trying to leap 100 years forward to catch up with 1st world countries, and they are going to end up destroying their country after their bubble pops.

>Please help us Anonymous you're our only hope

wew lad, you're fucked

When the developed countries are banning these disastrous projects why start something now. I have trust in humanity and i hope this is not the end but the beginning. #saveneduvasal

Faggot

>Live in West Texas
>basically ever oil well is fracked
>been goon on for years
>everyone works in oilfield
>including myself
>no reports of anyone having issues from fracking

Fracking ruining the water supply is a meme my friend

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_fracturing

I thought it makes your tap water flammable,?

Let them drink poison.

The world would be better off with all poo on the loos dead.

>more Kansas heroes needed

Ur mom slept with trump??

>I thought it makes your tap water flammable,?
Some water has been flammable for as long as people have been digging it up from the ground.

The process for drilling a fracking well has risks but those risks are identical to drilling any well.
The majority of the very small number of accidents that come from drilling is from a poor job cementing the casing for the first few hundred meters of the well.

Most of the US has rather poor regulations for safety and quality but their are exceptions. What is cool for a rig in some states would get you shut down and jailed in others.

Alberta does fracking very well to do a direct 1:1. But their SAGD operation is almost the same in terms of drilling methods and they set a standard very few US states match.

Bottom line it's very possible to safely drill wells both in terms of people and the environment.
The question is how much greed do you let companies get away with.

As for India, a gas well is wildly more profitable than a farmers field in India. And due to the geography in that region of India ground water isn't the major source of irrigation water, it's surface water and precipitation.

What India needs isn't more cash crops like cotton, it's more energy for people to use.

Fracking doesnt do crap to farmland dipshit. This will lift the farmers out of poverty if they have mineral right which they probably dont

t. Ohiofag

Never happened here.
I live in a town of 30,000 people.
Most people live out of city limits with water wells, wirh wells not even a mile away.
Also with horizontal drilling, they go thousands of feet out from the actual site of the well.
No one has had a problem.
Also the materials uses for feacks have changes to be supposedly more safe.

With that said, it wouldnt be impossible for there to be some leak through to a water well. When production companies frack a well they usually shut in any wells near by becouse of comunication can occur and blow out a nearby well if not properly prepared.

But as someone living in an area with thousands of wells around, with zero reports if flaming water, i'd say you are safe from modern day properly done fracking.
Granted regulations in other countries as to what chemicals and pressures they use is probs shit.

That is an enviropropoganda meme. The gas-water is from shallow coal seams, not miles deep shale formations being fracked.

Guess what, frackland documentary fags people lied to you.

Corrupted politicians, uneducated work force, careless governments, take it easy citizens results everytime in catastrophes

Heh lel unplugged wells and communication are an issue. In theory if a 100 year well was never plugged and house on top then a plume of oil could blow through grandmas basement kek

U mean to say deep sea drills, Californian drought etc are bunch of lies. Ur the the truth.

Possible but highly unlikely.

No offense man but these farm lands are so precious. We don want monsanto or bayer ... we want good food. Thats it.

Yes, if done properly fracking is not an issue. If done properly is the key. It also depends on the quality of the wells casing and cementing. There are alot of factors to consider on these jobs.

These companies dont want to have a bad image or lawsuits for causing a contaminated water supply, so they do their best to prevent that.

I dont understand how people freak out about fracking possibly jacking up food thats already been sprayes with a crazy array of pesticides.

Prevention is better than cure. I can assure u the quality if rice from tamil nadu is atleast 99% better than what u grow in the USA

>These companies dont want to have a bad image or lawsuits for causing a contaminated water supply, so they do their best to prevent that.
damn your naive.

even if it is done properly(protip: it won't), at the end of the day you are injecting fluids into faults which causes earthquakes.

Never had an earthquake here my friend, im sure you also work in the patch, right?
Live around a shit ton of wells yeah?

Let them eat poo

>Indians destroy India's farm land
>Indians starve to death
>dead bodies create disease epidemics
>Indians die off from disease
>Indias population drastically decreased
>Indians around the globe return to India to rebuild
>farmland is still destroyed so they continue to starve to death and die from disease

A man can dream...

> When production companies frack a well they usually shut in any wells near by becouse of comunication can occur and blow out a nearby well if not properly prepared.

Right, but that's as an added safety precaution. Unless there are serious well integrity issues with nearby wells, it's highly unlikely that any communication will result in LTO type wells.

Hydraulic fracturing has been going on for over half a century, and it has an impressive safety track record. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a single demonstrated case of subsurface groundwater contamination from the process of hydraulic fracturing.

While there are valid safety concerns with the process, those issues are addressable and can be dealt with by utilizing proper industry standards in your operation.

It's interesting that other nations are seeking to go after their LTO reservoirs. Every single nation on earth has them in huge volumes, so it's looking more like oil will be around longer than people have claimed in the recent past.

t. Petroleum engineer.

nobody cares about shitskin india

End of thread

You do know they are eliminating cash at the moment.

So basically, it's already a non-country at this point, just a massive bankster's slave plantation.

Of course there will be fracking. It's the only way to genocide people under the UN's radar.

Kys.

Fuck off baboo, we of Sup Forums are the true humanitarians of the world.

>India
>having enough space for farms
What

Hydraulic fracturing is, perhaps, the most insidious development in petro-engineering ever devised. It will take millions of gallons of fresh water, and render it useless, for literally, the rest of civilizations time on Earth. Future generations will cry out "what the fuck were you idiots thinking, now I have thirst, and no way to quench it". This is, but one more step, towards the abyss, towards the irrecoverable folly, of human greed, and avarice.

Fracking has been proved to cause earthquakes and will not be made with anything close to the security that exists in America.

Instability in the world is what causes like 99% of the problems this board complains about, so how the fuck is fucking a poor Indian region gonna improve anything?

Your full of shit. The extent at which petroleum companies have intensified their fracking has increased in relativity to the increase in oil prices, which is recent. Only the last 20 years or less, has fracking become even remotely profitable. The quality of oil that is brought up by this method, is shit tier also. Fresh water is used, polluted with carcinogens, then due to its new toxic state, has to be pumped back into the ground in holding aquifers. Not to mention, fracturing the earths bedrock probably isn't the brightest idea ever.

> (You)
>Kys.
How has oil production ruined your life friendo?

>poos starve to death
>Pakistanis move in and take their clay

I see no problems with this

Allahu Akbar

We're talking about gracing here, friendo.

>no subsurface contamination
Absolute fallacy. There is even a documentary devoted to exposing how fracking has ruined ground water in parts of Pennsylvania. People can literally take a lighter to their tap water and it will ignite. Don't spread mis-info and lies.

No, you kys.
Hasn't ruined my life at all. I love oil. I love coal. I also love clean drinking water you fucking larping baboon.

What if i told you it hasnt ruined the drinking water in my comunity?
I live here, work here, drink the water here, no problem.

Then I'd say your full of shit, or will eat it very soon.

scientificamerican.com/article/fracking-can-contaminate-drinking-water/

Caused by leaving frack waste in an unlined pit dug in the ground, not the fracking process. Impropee storage. If done properly there are no problems.
Not saying its impossible. Just that its possible to frac & not contaminate the water

How about retards properly vent their wells rather than blaming oil and gas extraction that happens thousands of feet deeper?

Methane has always existed in the water table. That is why well venting is in the building codes.

What your saying doesn't make sense. To even be able to frack, takes millions of gallons of fresh water. Once they mix their toxic leftovers with it, then it is rendered undrinkable. So not only is fresh water damaged goods, from then on out, but then there is the possibility that it will leak into uncontaminated aquifers. 3% of the water on this planet is fresh water, and with population increasing massively, fresh water is the gold, the oil, the very last pillar holding civilization aloft. Why do you think billionaires, and global corporations are buying up vast tracts of land that hold aquifers beneath them. You think carbon taxes are bad, just wait till (((they))) get their hands on a limited supply of drink water.

>Only the last 20 years or less, has fracking become even remotely profitable. The quality of oil that is brought up by this method, is shit tier also.

On the off-chance that you aren't shitposting, this is all false. Hydraulic fracturing has been profitable since its inception; the change was the combination of mukti-stage hydraulic fracturing and long laterals in LTO reservoirs, which brought an explosion of oil and gas production in the US.

And the oil is light, sweet crude. It's very high quality.

The practice only gained attention after it became evident how much oil production was coming from it, but in every major case of alleged "contamination," (such as the dramatic flaming faucets), it was demonstrated that either natural conditions or outright fraud were to blame. Keep in mind that people have been dealing with methane in their water wells in gas-prone areas for thousands of years, and it's no coincidence that there is oil and gas activity in areas rich in hydrocarbons.

>vent your well
you mean like this guy is doing?

show me ONE fucking geologist, geophysicist, petroleum engineer, or chemical engineer that says that flaming well water is caused by fracking, I'll wait because there are none. there are documentaries that say the earth is flat and we're being controlled by reptillians that doesn't make it true. Josh Fox is a fucking theater major and a hack, NOT a scientist.

Why didn't I think of hooking a propane tank to the water hose?

>sweet crude from Venezuela
>Bakken crude from ND
Save your bullshit for the unlearned, and in the mean time...pick one.

You shitposter. Venezuelan crude is heavy and sour. Similar to the SAN Joaquin Valley shit, which is why Chevron is so heavily involved with Venezuelan production. Bakker crude is high-API with little or no sulfur.

It's a before and after thing. Before they fracked, no flame, but after they started fracking, then came the flames.

You fucking moron, ND shale is garbage oil, and has to be processed heavily to be useable. Venezuelan oil is some of the finest oil in the world, you fucking larping bullshitter.

I've seen geologists try to argue how it's "possible," but I haven't seen any study that has demonstrably linked the frac'ing practice with subsurface water well contamination. I have, however, seen the EPA attempt to make that accusation (Pavillion, WY comes to mind) only to have their asses handed to them after the fact.

It's not even sweet crude you unlearned piece of shit.

go back to india shitskin

You fucking larping lunatic, does that look like a propane flame? No, it does not you mentally disturbed ball gobbler.

wow your really exposing how much of a fucking
retard you are; literally NOTHING you just typed is true. breakeven in the Big 4 is lower than opec and catching up with Saudi Arabia. another guy mentioned this but the quality of shale crude is the highest in the world (ok maybe Algerian is better), it's so fucking good that US refineries are having a hard time processing it because they were designed to run on heavier crudes from Venezuela and Canada. almost no frack fluids contain benzene anymore and most of it is recycled and reused at other sites. also when frackfluid IS pumped down for storage in old wells not aquifers you fucking hack.
also fracturing shale (wtf does "the earths bedrock" mean), doesn't cause earthquakes the storage of water in old wells does and we don't do that anymore.
t. Geologist

where in that newspaper clipping from natural news or whatever infowars tier source does it say that shale crude isn't light sweet.

Did you even read your own chart you fucking "geologist"? Break even fracking $90 a barrel. Break even Saudi $30 a barrel. Not to mention Saudis have not wasted 30 TRILLION GALLONS OF FRESH WATER. These fracking companies don't even have to reveal the type of chemicals they are using in the process, by congressional bill. It's considered a trade "secret". Yeah, keep buying into that frack bullshit, cuz it's already draining wells around the country, of fresh water.

lots of scientific evidence backing you up there famalam, millions of people live in the Marcellus yet only a few dozen have had problems with their water.

Oh by the way cock sucker, the comparison is ND shale and VZ light crude, not Texas sweet crude. Into reading comprehension more you dropout.

What you want me to write a report for you? It's observable, which IS scientific, you bumbling alcoholic.

Indians literally drink poopy piss water and don't die (there are billions of them and their population is increasing) why do you think ingesting fracking chemicals will hurt them?

no it's bullshit

most of the anti-fracking propaganda is bankrolled by Saudis etc who see it as an existential threat to their market share

Russians also fund anti-fracking propaganda in Europe (and gullible Eurotards lap that shit up) so that they keep buying their gas instead of producing their own

almost all wells these days are fracked with Brine deposits or recycled fluid. the chat shows US breakeven was 90 in 2012, its 40 today (you would of seen that if you bothered to read it). companies shouldn't have to release trade secrets any way, frack fluid is in most cases roughly 90% water 9% sand .5% salts .4% shit you'd find in any kitchen cabinet >.1% thing that are dangerous like benzine (and that's getting phased out the are fluid mixture which are indigestible). I am buying BTW in, I graduated 2 years ago and I'm already making 6 figures :^)

sure buddy, all the power to ya. have fun getting it published in any self respecting journal :^)

These are your prime suspects for who is funding anti-fracking propaganda in India.

Hundreds of millions of Indians don't have access to electricity or gas in their home, but scumbags want to stop them from producing their own energy.

That logo kind of looks like the James Holmes infinity and one symbol.

All the Saudis had to do, to shut down frack wells in ND, and shale fields in Canada, was let the bottom fall out of oil prices, which they did, and I like it, cuz I don't want to pay 4 dollars a gallon for gas. Trust me, one day clean water is going to go for 4 dollars a gallon, and they will sell their oil fields for pennies on the dollar to get some. Why waste a finite resource, that all life depends on. It's short sighted, and strategically dangerous to this country.

If i may ask, what do you have a degree in and from where.

India is anarchy there is nothing you can do to stop it

It is not going to happen dood.

Fracking will not use that much of space.

>what are we goin to eat.??? Crude oil and petrol??

Do you have any idea how oil intensive agriculture is?

>Hydraulics for fracturing bedrock uses brine water.
Come on man, who the fuck do you think your larping. I work with hydraulic pumps all the time, and they sure aint running on water. Oil frackers use dozens of chemicals, some highly toxic, to get the oil out. I live around dozens of natural gas wells, and I don't have a problem with it, but when it comes to pissing in the water upstream from me, well then we got a problem.

"Mineral Rights" is an Anglosphere phenomenon. these peasants land will be fine but they ain't getting shit from it.

Oh, I do have a degree, I am licensed in my field, and am by no means an idiot.

He's shitposting, but it's giving a voice to those who have valuable information to share about the reality of oil and gas operations vs. the utterly moronic propaganda, so I've no qualms.

>I work with hydraulic pumps all the time, and they sure aint running on water

wow baby's first fluid mechanics class GOOD JOB ur so smart. also what does this have to do with what I said

>Oil frackers use dozens of chemicals, some highly toxic, to get the oil out.

yes there are sometimes toxic chemicals in frack fluid but only in trace amounts. and anyway if you are connected to a main water line you have nothing to worry about

not doing a good job showing it

Such a strong image. I wouldnt have taken any action if his whole face was there but now only half his face is shown I feel an urge to take action

This

t. PAfag and former gas field worker

It's possible as in improper well casings. but subsurface contamination even in the layers nearest to groundwater just can't happen in human timescales

How about STOP BREEDING FFS!