What's a good career to get into Sup Forums I'm not good at anything and university seems like a risk if you aren't...

What's a good career to get into Sup Forums I'm not good at anything and university seems like a risk if you aren't even guaranteed a job anymore I'm 20 in September and have done nothing with my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Worthless-Young-Persons-Indispensable-Choosing/dp/1467978302/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1487201925&sr=8-1&keywords=worthless aaron clarey
gitbook.com/book/frontendmasters/front-end-handbook-2017/details
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What are you interested in? STEM is the best choice anyway.

learn a trade
i heard that tradesmen in australia make bank, what do you have to lose?

Join the Australian navy

Join the Military, do your research and choose the best branch possible. Use your time in the military to figure out what you're good at, then re-evaluate at the end of your service, and see what education benefits you have at your disposal. Also, read book related.

amazon.com/Worthless-Young-Persons-Indispensable-Choosing/dp/1467978302/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1487201925&sr=8-1&keywords=worthless aaron clarey

Just saying "STEM" is too vague. Not all STEM degrees are worthwhile.

No don't go STEM, this guy is just repeating what the media told him, AKA fake statistics. If you want to work your ass off, getting taught by tenure and adjunct foreign professors for 5 years so by the time you get out most of what you learned is obsolete then go STEM. Reality is it's a waste of time and the influx of the go STEM kids will drive the average wages wage down, like below office secretary down. I say go quick and painless getting a buisness degree if you're so set on higher ed. If not do a trade skill.

learn an instrument and start a band. that would be a cool way to make a living.

Welding, metalwork

>look for shit on indeed
>"six gorillion people have already applied to this job"
Let me know when you find a better way.

>business degree
Turbokek. Specialization is everything in the business field, and a jack of all trades business major is a master of none. Bad advice.

I would rather work in the office I'm skinny and too weak to handle a trade.

Get an entry level job somewhere and try work your way up from the bottom, though getting one is quite difficult these days for anyone above 18

Classic, the point is a buisness degree says "hey I showed up and passed some classes, I can work at your office". It's meant to be quick and easy, you're seriously fooling yourself if you think your CSE is worth anything especially if you have a sub 3 gpa

You know what, fuck what I said earlier OP, go to school to be a physicist. It's the only way you'll be taken seriously in life at this rate.

Computer Science
Mathematics
Electrical Engineering

Learn a skill trade or go into a redpilled field ie. Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, or History.

>Computer Science
No
>Mathematics
>Electrical Engineering
Yes

+ Mechanical Engineering

I'm currently on the job hunt. I have a linkedin. You can get premium free for a mont, worth checking out.

Just give up. If you have no connections or anyone to hand you a job it doesn't matter what you know or what you've learned. You will be passed up for some guy who is friends with someone in the business or a family member of the business. Listen to all the "success" stories you hear. 95% of the time its some kid who got handed a job by a family member or friend. The job market is fucked, and if you don't have connections already or you aren't some hyper extrovert Chad then you are screwed.

>no to computer science

Why?

in Ireland there is so many jobs.

>get CCNA
>make decent money
>find a place offering continual education
>clear 6 figures by 30

It feels good, man.

The real answer? find a craft and profit from it. There are jews who will be happy to make you a wage slave but if you can sell a service you are genuinely good at. you can lead a happy life

>join the military
>do construction
>do fieldwork on a farm
>literally any other trade

Start lifting and eating properly faggot

be a chef, everyone that has given up on their dreams becomes a chef

My dream was to become a chef and I gave up on that after doing it for 2 months, what now?

I have renewed my CCNA twice. Working on my CCNP. Where are the jobs? All I ever got were shitty tech support jobs, where I was punished for applying any form of troubleshooting from that cert. Got so fed up with the shitty cycle of dead end jobs, got into bus driving. CCNA has not done shit for me. I guess that's why I'm acquiring CCNP now.

coming from experience,

this.

Why is mathematics good?

Don't get into I.T. - there's 10s of millions of people overseas that will work as temporary citizens with no rights, who will work for less, and not complain. And you will be replaced by them. Unless you like working in an office that's all indians speaking hindi and urdu and reeks of curry.

>Listen to all the "success" stories you hear. 95% of the time its some kid who got handed a job by a family member or friend. The job market is fucked

This

>I'm 20 in September
fuck off, teenager child-faggot

Every business has a need for a mathematician

Read the Front End Developers Handbook
gitbook.com/book/frontendmasters/front-end-handbook-2017/details

Then look around weworkremotely.com or jobspresso.co for Australian companies, they always post there looking for generic wordpress support or something. Then you can travel and work at the same time with a laptop.

He's right. Most fresh outta college success stories are cases of nepotism, or favoritism. Making it on your own is tough, but will happen.

You have to go to university for this though. You can definitely teach yourself through available resources, but you will need a grad student environment in order to hammer out issues with your reasoning by being challenged everyday formally.

For example I have fairly extensive self education in Math, meaning I taught myself The Art of Computer Programming math so know Martingales/Probability, Linear Algebra, Discrete Math/Combinatorics ect. I meet weekly at a local university beside me to watch grad seminars given by visiting mathematicians and quickly realized through talking to them how deficient my education is because I haven't been exposed to F/T math for 5-8yrs.

tl;dr OP has to go to univ if he wants to pursue that

Be an hero.

join the army lad, can have a lifelong career, they subsidise accomodation and food heavily and you can save up a couple mil, do 20 years or something and retire at 40 live off your savings till u hit the actual retirement age and get dat super payout as well

im gonna go into infantry rifleman then do sasr selection, failing that ill do commando. get to go on actual missions instead of fuckin around in australia for my career

Trucking, janitoring, etc. makes you enough money to pay rent in an apartment and go to the bar with your frands when you want to.

Join the military like a good goy

Be a deck hand on a ship.

>turning 23
>still no job
>don't go out or have connections
>course won't finish till next year
I've had it, my younger sister is working at 18 and my parents probably look at me with shame

If you can math id say CNC is pretty fun. Or tool and die. Shit pays ridiculously well and the markets hurting for fresh blood. If you get into travel machining you can make upwards of 80k+ annually depending on how much your willing to travel and its a social or antisocial career path depending on how or what you do. Its also an excellent choice for half the autists here because most businesses hold to strict standards of + or - .001mm or .0002in in many cases. so that perfection combined with production runs makes it soothing for your aspie brain.

Find work at a restaurant or farm somewhere, the free food offsets the low wages.

work for your state corrections department and be employed to oppress niggers.

>STEM is a meme

No. I got out with my masters two years ago in mechanical engineering and am making $104k salary.

You must have gone to a shit tier school or have no professional skills.

I really don't mind any kind of work desu, I mean i have enough free time, just wondering if they'd actually call back

>travel machining
What's that?