Fucking IGNORANT VEGANS!

> everybody go vegan that will save the world from "global warming"

> an enormous increase in demand for vegetables, beans, nuts etc. means nothing, as massive industrialized farming of carrots, corn, broccoli, it doesn't release any emissions and doesn't gradually destroy the soil at all.... Nope

I am about sick to death of all of these "vegan enthusiasts" living in Toronto, thinking that worldwide veganism will save the planet. They honestly believe that the mass production of various crops has no environmental impact... they really do, all they talk about is emissions, Because that's all the MSM tells them about, forget soil degration what's that anyway. Fuck!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WKRREBwvaV4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Food_Defect_Action_Levels
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You sound like a butthurt little bitch.

I'm vegan and I don't give two shits about (((global warming))). I do it for health. Of course I supplement with a can of herring fish every day because all the healthy fats.
You can't get fats from god damn vegetables.

You can from nuts and vegetable oil.

Inferior though. Can't beat herring fish (the fattiest fish they sell really)

>I'm a vegan but I also eat meat

fuck off

veganism is an ideological cancer that has so many fundamental and inherently flawed foundational pillars in its inception that, similar to the fat acceptance movement, it is destined for self immolation.

strap in, grab some sustainably farmed animal products and watch the show.

insects are the future.

>When you are buying imported meme berries from half way across the world
people eating habits produce more greenhouse gasses then a lifetime of driving

You realize meat has to come from somewhere right? Farm animals eat industrialized crops too, except in far greater amounts than a person would. Only a small fraction of the energy from grains/vegetables that an animal eats actually makes its way onto your plate.

>do it for health

You'll be interested in the recent studies showing veganism being responsible for cancer

well they're mainly vegan, at least they aren't a dumb shit vegan that only eats veggies and ends up unhealthier.

I like fruits and veggies more than meat so I eat those 90% of the time, but I still like meat. It's actually cheaper too if you know how to cook so saving money is a bonus. I will treat myself so a nice steak or a good burger probably once a week, but that's about it. I also eat bacon ~3 times a week because it's fucking delicious. I have mixed feelings on eggs, but I usually try to eat one a day.

This might not sound weird to a lot of you, but where I'm from people eat meat with just about every meal. So me eating meat ~4-5 times a week seems weird to people who meat me 20+ times a week.

OP, you're retarded and I hate you

Except we need far more crops to feed livestock than humans even if we where all vegan

> found the vegan from Toronto

I'm sick of ideologues beleving in absolute garbage. Crop farming/vegetable farming is extremely damaging to our soil for a multitude of reasons, and throughout the process even the initial plowing releases CO2. Let's not fucking forget that if we were to repair our soil it would actually mitigate global temperatures and literally suck the pollution out of the atmosphere!! That is if you're that worried about "global warming" and pollution. If your heads not up your ass you should be more worried about mass immigration from archaic mud hut shit holes and lack of fertile soil around the world, and getting worse everywhere.

So fuck yell at me for killing animals, but this retarded idea that everyone going vegan will save the planet is so idiotic it's maddening. But honestly it's a cumulative issue, what I need to realize is these idiots; literal idiots (probably even college educated) also probably go on about "not all Muslims" and then go on about fuck white people for colonialism or slavery etc. The cognitive dissidents is just so palpable it's s sickening. But honestly when I realize they are the kind of stupid, and they start screaming platitudes at me like "racist", "Bigot" it's better than a comedy club and I don't get agitated at all.

>eating herring
>calling yourself vegan
Shit nigger, that's not how that works. You're a pescatarian.

> vegan diet specifically designed for monks, to reduce sexual hormones and increase beta qualities

youtube.com/watch?v=WKRREBwvaV4

You fucking minge! You just proved that you were a butthurt bitch.

this is all true, check out allen savory's discovery/research of soil degradation and the key part that ungulates/grazing animals play in passively restoring the fertility of the land.

>So fuck yell at me for killing animals
You do realize that the animals you're raising to eat need fields of crops to feed them right?

Yeah, soil degrading is awful. You eating cows doesn't help.

If you want to go hunt, fine. Enjoy. If you're eating livestock, you're causing the very problem you're autistically screeching about.

You do realize we have to use the land to grow food(grains) to feed the animals that we eat, so we're using the land anyway whether you're vegan or not.

I'm not a vegan or a vegitarian, but you need to check into this stuff before calling other people idiots

Also
>a fucking leaf

my nigga

enjoy eating bug shit. Atleast the shit is easy to remove from shrimp. The ass of those bugs is too small to be able to remove.

Toronto seems cool.

What if I just eat the legs?

sage, meat is produced from animals that consume 13 times the amount of vegetables relative to the meat produced.

you do realize most cattle graze most of the time on unused land right? it would be fiscally insolvent for farmers to feed their animals farmed grains when grasses grow naturally for free for most of the year.

not to mention "vegan" foods like soy/corn are refined and the by-products are fed directly to the animal feed lots, which subsidizes both the shitty animal ag industry as well as the environmentally harmful monoculture plant ag industry

probably didn't realise

Don't be an idiot, really just don't like use your fucking head. Any halfwit knows that, what I'm talking about is the ideological concept that everyone going vegan will save the planet! Clear as fucking day that's what my post says, so stop grabbing straws that don't exist.

If everyone were to go vegan, the soil would likely degrade even faster than it already is. If we had to provide adequate nutrition protein/carbohydrates/fats to all of the Western world and God for bid the rest of the world, the whole" most crop farming goes to cattle" would be more than irrelevant!

There is no environmentally healthy way to feed our fat asses, get this through your fucking head every step and technique of industrially farming vegetables damages Our soil and releases carbon into the air which forms CO2!

Hundreds of years ago even when they were plowing the field with animal driven equipment it's still released carbon. All of the fertilizer, all of the pesticides and other chemicals involved destroy the soil, and when the vegetables suck up all these nutrients to grow and then are ripped out of the soil over and over again, that really fucks up the soil.

I guess that's fine if you still have an appetite after that pic

You actually make more crops in providing for livestock than in by itself

Don't be such a baby. You just leave them without food long enough to clean them out. Lots of people don't even devein shrimp.

Why because it crashed your ignorant reality? Let me guess you're one of those halfwits that thinks you can just fire and vegetables constantly with no consequence?

whoops forgot my image.

global shift towards permaculture, bruh

Listen you faggot leaf, stop being a fucking retard.
No one is asking you to go vegan and eat tofu. Fuck, even if you were vegan you wouldn't need to eat refined vegan foods.

Stop being a shill telling us that you need to eat meat or the fucking fields will go fallow. Raise your fucking cattle. Just get milk from them and don't kill them in some industrial farming complex that raises far more of the things than it needs to be sustainable.

>it would be fiscally insolvent for farmers to feed their animals farmed grains when grasses grow naturally for free for most of the year.
Yeah, if they're grass fed beef. Guess what, you pay more for that dip shit. It's cheaper to feed the fucking things corn that provides far more calories for less cost than the amount of land you'd need to feed them grass.

That is nothing but ignorance speculation, naïve optimism or an out right lie. 7.5 billion people on this earth average man need 60 g of protein minimum to not be a Little cretin do you have any idea how how much oats, nuts, beans and greens that takes? A cup of black beans is roughly 20 g of protein, sounds good right means fuck all because it incomplete, you need to take it with other substances like potatoes/carbs to get any of it. And really most decently sized man need at least 100 g plus of protein, and we aren't even getting into the problem with fat only real source is certain nuts, and then there are carbs and calories you burn more of those digesting vegetables then you get from them..

Canada and America are one of the last Havens of fertile soil. If we continue the way we are going that soil is going to be worthless, which is what happened in the middle east and it is happening in China. However if we were to cut all meat production, let the cattle stave and all go vegan it would be debatable on whether or not the soil will degrade faster with the new changes needed in agriculture. Those debates amongst "experts" would consist of a lot of speculation,

unless u have actual experience farming i am not likely to trust your half baked consumerist reasoning.

seriously look up allen savory's research and permaculture design for agriculture reform.

but i'm guessing you respond in a hostile way to debate about an issue because you are personally scared of death, personally afraid of life and taking responsibility for the trajectory of the world, and are looking for a quick fix and ideological identity in a consumption pattern that is easily achievable to your every day life in order to somehow distance yourself from the realities of life.

It doesn't actually, plants fix carbon into organic molecules. The soil part is mostly right though.

You know that split shape that is often associated with shrimp? That's from cutting out the bowels open and removing the intestines. Starving what ever you plan on eating only makes it use the fats and proteins it has stored up and makes it shit anyway. Even when burning your own stored protein or fat you still create waste. The thing is, you just create less of it, making it harder to remove

remember different crops use different minerals, when you harvest crops you remove those minerals from the ground, many livestocks feed off the fields such as cattle, sheep, and goats. these help restore/rebalance nutrients to the soil. chickens and pigs are typically raised of grains that are pumped full of steroids to make them grow fast; so the return of meat is pretty good for the amount of grain.

also: Exodus 23:11 KJV But the seventh year thou shalt let it rest and lie still; that the poor of thy people may eat: and what they leave the beasts of the field shall eat
even back then they knew to let the fields have a break due to weak harvests.

FPBP

lol

>vegan

>eats meat

ok pal! lol

nope. he sounds absolutely right

are insects your future too friend? or just other people

are you implying insects aren't people food?
bugs are life

Like I said, a lot of people don't even bother to devein shrimp. And you don't have to starve them, just give them long enough to purge. And with what the FDA allows in food, what little is left in the bowel is the least of your concern.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Food_Defect_Action_Levels

You literally are a fucking idiot, you really don't get it. It's just too much for you. Complete protein versus incomplete proteins, fats, carbohydrates the process of farming crops and vegetables you just don't fucking get any of it. So just don't respond.

Obviously continuing on the path we are going the soil is steadily degrading, if we were to all go vegan it would more than likely speed up the process of degration, I could not imagine the amount of pesticides they would have to use. Do you even know how different farming grain for cattle is compared to farming broccoli for human consumption? Fuck

You see that corn that's hard as fuck, and disgusting it's referred to as cow corn you can give them that, you can also just let them eat grass. But once everyone goes vegan then those fields have to be put into overtime, with extensive shitty damaging fertilizer, riddled with pesticides as we couldn't take the risk and constantly ripping vegetables out that suck substantial amounts of nutrients from the soil over and over again." Cow corn" is fucking easy to grow no pesticides, little to no fertilizer and doesn't suck nearly as much nutrition as say carrots or broccoli etc.

Some species of insects, notably locusts, are kosher.

I'm not even a faggot vegan and even I know they are saying LESS harm, not 0.

Fucking ignorant huh?

>70% of grain and cereals grown in the US are fed to farmed animals
>It takes 13 lbs of grain to produce 1 lb of beef

If we all lived a vegetarian lifestyle we would actually decrease soil degredation

I'm a vegan. I know the only thing which will save the planet is 9/10 of the population being removed. .

>No one is asking you to go vegan and eat tofu.
> if you were vegan you wouldn't need to eat refined vegan foods.

you're describing literally almost 100% of commercially grown food, you fucking idiot

If only we found a way to purge all muslims, africans, and asians and mexicans (anything below TX) right?

>No ass
I can't even BRAAAP post with this.

13 times the amount of "vegetables" that are far less nutrient draining from the soil then say broccoli, carrots, kale etc. They also don't require nearly as much harmful fertilizer or pesticides, but guess what does all of the crops cusumed by humans.

Fourth time i seen this same completely ignorant argument is this the only straw the vegans can clean too. Because it's fucking wrong, not a good one to grab. By the way I'd love to see how that equation holds out when everybody has to rely on vegetable substances to get there adequate nutrition, most decently grown man need 100 g or more, guess what they aren't in that equation but if everyone went vegan they would be!

op is right and vegans will die of malnutrition next to all the fatties who believe health at every size

We should be hunting more. There are plenty of tasty animals that are invasive and/or grossly overpopulated. Even deer are overpopulated in 93% of their range, last I heard. Insects are also a good part of the puzzle, especially less scary forms such as cricket flour.

Do you have some kind of mental disorder?

you can get vegan omega 3 supps if you wanna avoid pcbs/mercury/other pollutants in ur fish.

Fifth fucking time, this is how stupid these people are.

There are multiple post hear that show how wrong you are. But basically livestock can just eat fucking grass. For example let us per calorie releases more emission, it requires more water and energy then both pork and chicken production. Also the grain grown for livestock takes far less nutrients from the soil then compared to broccoli, carrots, kale, beans etc. They also don't require nearly as much fertilizer or barely any pesticides like any vegetable for human consumption would, both of which are extremely harmful for the soil. Basically ripping out a piece of broccoli takes out a lot more nutrients from the soil then a stock of grains per pound A LOT more.

Next factor, my argument is that switching to a vegan diet worldwide is not the salvation and in fact will destroy the soil faster. Not that many people eat vegetables OK. So these equations you guys are bringing out evaluating based on current consumption is idiotic. Let's see these equations when every grown man over 200 pounds have to get 100 g of protein from a vegan diet. You do realize the difference between incomplete verse complete protein, it takes quite a bit of beans, nuts, carb sources, greens to get that much protein.

don't waste your energy, the vegans will get low T and then die in due time

please look into permaculture, you are well read on farming but permaculture will make you feel more hopeful about our chances of regenerating land and even becoming wealthy from these processes

The only fix to any of this is lab grown food.

Factory farming is the only way you feed the world's population without that, as the amount of space it takes to do it any other way is unmanageable, and people will not stop eating meat. Even if they do, what every vegan fails to realize is that ANY industrialized method of farming vegetables kills animals. Millions upon millions of them if you scale it up to feed the world. You literally cannot claim moral superiority for being a vegan unless every single thing you eat was picked and farmed by you.

What the fuck is wrong with you? While cattle can feed on grass, in reality most of them are fed a diet consisting of corn, soy and wheat. In fact, the wheat consumed by cattle could feed the US population three times over.

>you are well read on farming
No, he's not, you fucking idiot. I hate vegans as much as the next guy, but that faggot is absolutely retarded and has no idea what he's talking about.

No you're wrong, what you mean is for the consumer grass feed beef cost more. Feeding cattle corn, is more expensive for the farmer but they're hoping they will get more consumers because it's cheaper. I am pretty much certain you don't know the difference between corn and "cow corn" which is very easy to grow, doesn't require pesticides, is not very sucking of nutrients on the soil etc.

By the way nobody's telling you to eat meat, all we are saying is you vegans thinking veganism can save the world is nothing more than an idiology. Conceptualize buy a bunch of ignorant hippies 90% of which have never even seen what it takes to get the broccoli out of the dirt and onto their plate, and have no idea what that does to the soil one piece of broccoli is probably equivalent to four stocks of grain in terms of how much nutrients it strips from the soil.

it's the refined byproducts from the non-animal monocrop industry, and the industries are linked together, this is how both inefficient monoculture plant agriculture can work with inefficient monoculture animal ag in any profitable capacity

Huh, they re already growing those crops for cattle feeding, it actually takes more crops to feed cattle for meat production than for humans

i work on a farm and i'm studying permaculture, look into it and you will feel like there are more options to our food system, OP is right to question the vegan agenda

this is like the vegan version of the wage gap myth Holyfuck

This

I can assure you that cretin has ZERO farming experience. Did you see his beyond idiotic last sentence. It doesn't cost the farmer more to let his cattle eat grass it cost the consumer more to buy that beef that is grass fed... and then he goes on to say it's cheaper to feed them "corn" I swear to you I am almost positive he is referring to sweetcorn like normal corn, and doesn't even know what cow corn is. I really believe he thinks farmers feed their cows sweet corn Lmfao, yes maybe the husks

>> everybody go vegan that will save the world from "global warming"

That doesn't make any sense. The entire idea behind global warming is that there is more carbon being added to the Carbon Cycle on the surface of the Earth, switching everyone to veganism keeps the carbon here on the surface.

I think I'll take expert opinions more seriously than some random retard on an imageboard

I made some extra crispy bacon for you vegans. Eat up, you need them amino acids.

Tons of ignorant people who don't work in agriculture. There are tons of calories locked behind parts of plants that we cannot consume but animals we eat can consume them. Things the leafs of carrots, grass, hay, melon skins, and many countless things that would just not have their energy eventually get to humans if we don't eat meat.

it is TELLING how far away we are from food production that

cows produce tons of methane, which is much more potent than carbon dioxide. Also, you keep forgetting to realize that if we go vegan, the net total of soil degradation would drop since it takes less product for us than for meat production. Not sure why you think vegans are saying its the cure, because its obviously a part of the cure. Also, you should stop being immoral for personal gain.

i'm a farmer... so idk what kind of expert on food production you're looking for but

Buddy you are half reasonable, and started retarded. When you plow the soil that releases carbon from it because it disturbs it, the carbon hits the air which turns to CO2. Yes once the plants are grown they actually suck in CO2 but all of that carbon dioxide that was released long before they grew is way up in the air by that time. And then there is the fertilizer which is riddled with chemicals bad for the air and the soil, not to mention the vegetables you eat, most notably pesticides. And then cfrom your post I believe you understand why vegetable/crop farming is destroying the soil.

>be enlightened about cultural marxist lies
>acknowledge climate change is an economic fraud to gain corporations money via offset trading
>use cow farts to justify a falsely moral consumption pattern of veganism

>cow farts
Actually they release methane through their mouths due to their complex digestive systems

this guy gets it

replace the words cow farts with methane and your argument remains... invalid

R A R E
A
R
E

So if cow just existing is putting CO2 in the air, would the answer not be to kill ALL cows? That would be the only way to drop levels. You can't have wild cows, or any other wild animals breeding and putting more in the air right? So you STILL have to kill all of some animals right? I mean you do want to ave the world, yes?

you could just as easily sequester more carbon using regenerative methods (ex: burying dead trees instead of burning them, no till farming instead of disturbing the soil, etc etc)

Israeli posters are strange for many reasons

Yeah but that's not accurate, that's pure speculation, naïve optimism. And actually you're wrong there are people that literally believe farming vegetables has no environmental impact .

Every single study I have seen in favour of veganism only talks about the emissions, and animal rights. It always completely skipped over soil degration! Occasionally it will bring up the "fact" the most crop is used to feed live stock.

They failed to mention the cattle for example can eat grass, and these crops for livestock requires little to no fertilizer, no pesticides,, and suck far less nutrients out of the soil then say broccoli or carrots etc. So basically they're only talking about land being wasted on feeding livestock, because clearly they are not evaluating soil degration as that would backfire in their face.

So everyone goes vegan, now those crop fields for livestock are filled with kale, broccoli, carrots needing constant fertilizer which is harmful, it's not to benefit the soil it's just simply to get the vegetables out of the ground quicker, riddled with chemicals and pesticides and almost all of those vegetables suck out substantially more nutrients from the soil. Therefore when everyone including all of these 200 pound man that need 100 g of protein a day rely on a vegan diet, the soil is going to degrade faster. And actually it's a double edge sword, I'm assuming you know that our vegetables are less nutritious than they were five decades ago or even less. The more broccoli, kale, carrots, beets we farm the less nutritious they become which means the more we have to eat, which means the more we have to produce which leads to the soil going to absolute shit much faster becoming completely barren!

China is dealing with this problem currently, too much rice farming stupid chinks

Agreed. Hunting is very eco friendly, despite what the tree huggers say

100% true
maybe a vegan graphic designer can survive on vegan diet, but a farmer growing the food needs to be consuming enough energy to effectively do the job of providing THE WORLD with food.

If the soil goes "bad" and no longer produces good amounts of food, it won't matter what the emission levels are, we won't be able to grow food for people, and even wild plants with start to die. Eventually erosion will happen and more deserts will arise and spread due to it. If we want a world wide "dust bowl" then we can keep planting high soil depleting plants in mass. The feed for livestock is not as draining on soil as the feed for humans, so more feed grow for livestock is not really as big a deal as more feed grown for humans.
Plants (and the planet) can live with higher CO2 levels just fine, we would have to cope somehow but we are one (1) animal on this planet. If soil goes so bad as to not allow for plant life to flourish then the whole planet suffers.

I know, I was being an ass though since that's all the post really warranted.

You are being irrational an dignorant. What do you think farm animals live off of? Air and water alone? Every Calorie you get from beef has to be grown ten fold in a field to feed the cow.

if u want to be full red pilled on our options of regenerative farming look into Dr. Elaine Ingham's research with composting methods and bacterial/fungal ratios in soil to remove the need for:
- pesticides
- fungicides
- herbicides
- added fertilizers
- extra irrigation

Everything is responsible for cancer. Hit me up when scientists start knowing what the fuck they are talking about

But every kg of Carbon that is assimilated into a plant comes from the atmosphere

Just like logging, farming is basically strip-mining the atmosphere of Carbon

WAGE GAP MYTH FOR VEGANS WHO DONT FARM

Eating meat cost more food because you have to give the animals buckets of food. If everyone goes vegan we there is less food wasted on feeding animals

Actually no you're completely wrong. How the fuck do you come to that conclusion, seriously? So now all of those fields that contain crops for cattle that required a little to no fertilizer, no pesticides and sucked substantially less nutrients from the soil. Are now filled with vegetable crops like broccoli, carrots etc. these fields are now riddled with pesticides and other chemicals, including fertilizers that do not benefit the soil in fact actually hurt it but it helps the farmers get their product quicker. Also all of these vegetables suck a tremendous amount of nutrients out of the soil, before they are harvested over and over again slowly stripping the soil of nutrition.

Our vegetables are less nutritious than they were a few decades ago, actually every year they're slightly ever so slightly less nutritious. So with the incommensurable increase in demand for vegetables all of these fields would have to go into overtime, the The soil would slowly degrade and the vegetables would become less nutritious, which means we would have to eat even more; that means we need to even more vegetables so production has to increase, which only starts destroying the soil quicker until it's completely barren and if anything can be grown from it it's basically void of nutrition and useless.

If we were to all go vegan it would just be a complete cluster fuck. With everything I described above. The percentages you're talking about right now are comparing the agricultural distribution of today, that's how idiotic you are you think that is comparable or something to keep in mind for a positive argument for worldwide veganism. Once we all go vegan, we now have to get all of our protein, fat, carbs, calories from vegetables 200 pound man that need 100 g or more of protein are going to need a shit ton of beans, nuts and sources of carbs as well as greens because all of them on their own are incomplete proteins, basically spend all day eating.

What do you think the animals are you eating you stupid fuck? You think their food just comes out of thin air? You don't think it's a massive waste of resources feeding our food instead of feeding ourselves?

>this is the level of intelligence of the average carnist
top fucking kek

animals are eating animal grade food, you autist