70 years of historically unprecedented peace and economic growth

>70 years of historically unprecedented peace and economic growth
>Drumpfkins and Berniebots: 'n-neoliberalsm has failed. fuck free trade! we need tariffs n shieet'

Name a political system with a better track record than neoliberalism. I'll wait.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2016/feb/03/is-stagnation-the-new-normal-for-the-world-economy
economist.com/blogs/buttonwood/2014/11/secular-stagnation
larrysummers.com/2016/02/17/the-age-of-secular-stagnation/
gapminder.org/data/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-27/get-ready-to-see-this-globalization-elephant-chart-over-and-over-again
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>endless global stagnation
>Hurr but y u mad

Globalists suck ass

Then why does America's economy grow faster than its average middle class income?

Neoliberalism is against the American dream tho lmao

Should've done a better job of spreading all that wealth around.

there isn't endless global stagnation tho.

Bc it's measured by the growth of the stock market. Which does dick for people who aren't investment bankers and hedge fund managers

THIS SO FUCKING MUCH.

>Name a political system with a better track record than neoliberalism. I'll wait.
Fascism.

No joke. Economic growth in countries that were considered fascist (Mussolini's Italy, Franco's Spain, Horthy in Hungary) was excellent. Modern China is also very close to fascism in economic and governance terms.

>American middle class steadily weakening
I don't care. Fuck other countries

Yes there is

google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2016/feb/03/is-stagnation-the-new-normal-for-the-world-economy

Everywhere costs and debt are going up while wages stagnate or decline

Recession when?

just how fucking retarded are you, anglo kikescum

This

The financial sector is inherently parasitic and extractive from the productive sector

Industry has been sacrificed in order to make a few Wall Street bankers more shekels while shipping jobs overseas and letting in immigrants by the truckload

>muh pyramid scheme is working pretty well goyim.
>what are technological advances
>what is normal exponential industrial growth.

No.
Just stop okay.
Nobody cares about GDP if it all goes to the 0.01% like it has sense the 70s when neoliberisiam took hold.
You could have a king and everyone else having dirt houses and have the double the GDP, but people still wouldn't say 'look how great this is working out'. And outside of the first world, you build a few wells and a sewer system and you have doubled their index and 'lifted X' a out out of extreme poverty

Hello Tony, say hello to Mandy for us.

It's not going to be a sudden shock

It's going to be a slow stagnation. I compare it to the centuries of slow collapse the Roman Empire experienced

Technology is the only thing saving

It's ironic that the elite blame mechanization for our problems when it's their globalist policies that are really at fault

Okay, neolib only works if your country is an industrial powerhouse with lots of countries that will buy your stuff unconditionally. Not protecting your own economy will cause it to crumble quickly when a cheaper alternative for products appear.

China and Vietnam account for 100% of the reduction in poverty for the last 40 years.

We have had unprecedented peace because of nuclear bombs. We have had unprecedented economic growth because of technology. Since Trump has been elected the economy has skyrocketed. The stock market is up trillions. Meanwhile Neoconservative Bush tanked the economy and Neoliberal Obongo lead the slowest recovery ever.

A senate dictated by an Emperor, or more precisely, Roman political system.

>half a decade of below-average growth in developed countries after having decades of above average growth
>stagnation

You only think there's something wrong in the past few years because we've had it good for so long. Here's some history.

GDP per capita (PPP, constant 2011 US$) of United States:

1850: $3059
1900: $6819 (223% increase)
1950: $15,319 (225% increase)
2000: $45,986 (300% increase)

Nah industrial growth alone would be enough, bt technology helps enormously. As long as we stop making cheap shit that ends up in a land field 5 years later.
Our whole industrial base is effectively grey goo but with a human component, it will grow exponentially until it runs out of resources, that's where technology really comes in.

And yeah the whole robots will steal our jobs meme is bullshit, historically and conceptually.
There are two things that make a people rich, the amount of stuff you can produce per person and how well the stuff produces is distributed. A machine is a third arm so it helps the former.

neo liberalism is literally communism

It'd be nice to live in the 70s before they outsourced every job possible and flooded the west with cheap labor

Imagine how affordable everything was

If by that you mean that all the poverty reduction has happened in China then you are correct.

Can you match the economic growth of 19th century England or America? What about Hong Kong?

>consistent 2011 U.S. $
1850 $3059
You want me to tell you how I know your numbers are meaningless?

The only reason for any growth since the 90s is the insane increase on consumer debt that has enslaved us to the banking system

>Today $1.00 is worth less than half it was the day I was born

OK

foreign aid also ruins their economy. Just leave it alone you can't undo colonialism. There is no amount of free shit you can give to make them stop hating Europe. They will try to fuck Europe and you would too.

The diffusion of technology is the principal reason for increasing standards of living around the world. In other words, it has less to do with the method of allocation and more to do with what is being allocated (GMOs, ICT, HVAC, etc).

Exactly

It's communism 2.0 and idiots willingly sell thier country away to international finance

>implying neoliberalism is the cause of the Long Peace
>not fear of Nuclear Holocaust and then American military hegemony

Free markets increase prosperity which reduces population growth. Take the few Sub-Saharan African which aren't total shitholes: Botswana for example has had stable pro-market governments for half a century and its fertility rate is 2.6, which is lower than what Britain's was up to 1968.

>the middle class in white countries needs to suffer for a century or 2 while globalist jews outsource everything

no thanks moshie, poverty in 3rd world countries is their problem

Larry Summers's hypothesis on secular stagnation is proving itself to be correct.
>economist.com/blogs/buttonwood/2014/11/secular-stagnation
>larrysummers.com/2016/02/17/the-age-of-secular-stagnation/

>peace.
Nah, we just fight endless wars, in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq 1, Iraq 2, just to name the named conflicts, then there is the arms deals into west Africa warlords, in the Middle East over and over, South American, etc
I don't know where people get this '70 years of peace' bullshit.
If we hadn't been at so much war we'd be even richer as the machine would be used to make producers other than war

In your own graph the american middle class & lower middle class have been the predominate losers in this scam.

Because labor isn't increasingly valuable despite the economy growing? Why would anyone possibly think the two have anything to do with one another?

>the stock market is the economy
Retard
Also retard

>global poverty goes (((down)))
all that means is people are making 2 dollars a day since the jewish measures have been changed.

Labor doesn't become worthless unless you flood the country with cheap labor

if you want to reduce poverty, stop making so many fucking niggers, and stop trying to ruin post-industrial lands with niggers, and stop killing countries with offshoring jobs and hbn1 niggers

SO
MANY
FUCKING
NIGGERS
RUINING
EVERYTHING

This too. it's all so comeptlely meaningless. If they really were making the /real/ 'equilinet' of $1 a day, they would all be dead.

Globalism is just allowing leaders of """countries""" to pimp out their populous. Why is it being championed as a guiding, uplifting light to the world?

Take inflation into account.

Yeah

It's giving ownership of you country to international bankers

In a developed economy, technological progress is the only thing that pushes the economy forward.
Everything else is globalisation bullshit

You even get banana republic proxy wars, take Africa right now for example.

there should be a Lunar base by now.

>Claiming credit for the work of scientists who succeeded despite you instead of because of you

>Claiming credit for the successes of investors in the private sector who paid for most of those advances despite you instead of because of you

Name a political system that's bureaucratized the funding of and poisoned the culture of scientists more than neoliberalism. I'll wait. When I'm done waiting I'll tell you the ever-growing collection of personal stories about libtards destroying science departments, research projects and even individual scientists with identity politics and red tape. My friend at Cornell got kicked out of his lab for touching a girl's desk when she didn't return something of his, the head of the lab was sleeping with all the girls, he didn't care about the work and treated them like princesses. This is at an ivy league school that charges you over $80,000 to get a 4-year degree.

>not accounting for inflation

Are all bongs this stupid?

James Watson had to sell his Nobel because he said some shit about black people being inferior.

>look goy your people are dying out and being replaced, but at least you get new iPhones!

He said that blacks have inferior intellectual capabilities.

He is not wrong though.

Here's the history of the US and UK. Made from data from Gapminder: gapminder.org/data/

Soviet Communism is the best. Stalin is the best of right and left both. Putin is next.

the primary source of economic growth is new technologies allowing society to extract and make use of more natural resources than it previously could, not because of neoloberalism.

The reason why china's economy is growing at much faster rates than western economies are is because there's still a lot of places in china where those technologies haven't been implemented. The reason their growth is slowing is because there aren't as many of these places as there were before.

No, but a major contributor to one of the most important scientific discoveries over the past century had to pawn his shit because he said some mildly disparaging shit about niggers. That's fucked up.

Compared to the constant wars between major powers of the previous centuries the world since WW2 has been extremely peaceful.

That doesn't take into account wages, housing prices, debt etc

What's all this worrying about? We know feelings won't beat facts.

It can only be used in our favor to redpill more people friend. That even if you are an honest genius, the people in charge have an agenda and dont care about the truth.

Forgot about taxes increasing with no benefit to the public

Money goes to immigrants and subsidizing their low wages instead of public infrastructure

>not accounting for inflation
>constant 2011 US$

Besides inflation is another thing which has gotten a whole lot better in the past few decades

Yeah, all those subsistence farmers, and herders and fisherman are doing way better now as wage slaves in factories. Living off of shit tier processed food, breathing in smog and drinking industrial waste from the factory you work at is way better than producing your own food and living out in the countryside.

Granted their jobs will all be replaced by robots and computers in a few years and we'll have a massive population living in 3rd world urban slums with no means to support themselves. But hey at least the rich got to spend a few decades making some extra shekels by outsourcing labor from the developed world.

Yep. Hurr durr "you have to have certain political opinions" really not looking too good for a generation of scientists who have vastly different political leanings. It screams "politics is too wide a gap for even reason to bridge" and most scientists I know have become apolitical observers of a culture they fully expect to fail them.

You know what gets me? All that liberalism, all that "feminism" to shoehorn those princesses into that STEM lab and they STILL have to sleep with the boss!

I typed "sleep with the boss" into google images and instantly found this on Buzzfeed. Libtards need to just get HIV already.

>Yeah, all those subsistence farmers, and herders and fisherman are doing way better now as wage slaves in factories. Living off of shit tier processed food, breathing in smog and drinking industrial waste from the factory you work at is way better than producing your own food and living out in the countryside

It absolutely-fucking-is. Why do you think whenever a country industrialises there's always a mass migration to the cities? Higher wages wouldn't make up for it if they were living such halcyon lives out in the countryside

You, act as if they have a choice.

Lets review shall we. The state industrializes, the government then comes out into the country side and says that you owe them taxes.

But I'm a fisherman/farmer/herder, I don't make money. I can give you fish/vegetables/cattle.

Sorry goy, we don't accept fish/vegetables/cattle. Tell you what how about you move to the city and get one of those swell factory jobs. We'll take that land of yours for your, since you can't afford to pay taxes and we'll give it to one of my buddies who'll set up a big industrial farm to feed everybody while you slave away in the city.

Because capitalism is a plague upon humanity.

>earn lots of cash
>its completely worthless
Oh wow thanks Mr.Shlomo-Goldberg may I have another one, please?

>tfw the same people who post things like this are also communists who suppport economy murdering third-world national movements but oppose domestic "selfish" policies at home

ah yes hmm

And they get to live with shitty living standards because paying decent wages would eat into CEO salaries

>the government then comes out into the country side and says that you owe them taxes.

This is probably the worst reasoning behind urbanization I've ever read. The reason the population urbanizes over time is because of diminishing marginal returns on land with the increasing population and the higher standard of living within the cities.

To further this point, globalization is global capitalism and the loss of national character as a result of that. Leftists are utterly hypocritical vermin for supporting it under the guise of raising living standards when they really only want to bludgeon the national power structures of their own society.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-27/get-ready-to-see-this-globalization-elephant-chart-over-and-over-again

here's why the middle classes of the western world are losing their shit

>Carter fucked economy and was at peak Stagflation
>Took Reagan to fix it and H.W Bush to make increase it
>Bill Clinton takes over a huge Economic boom immediately signs Nafta and made a bunch of Welfare Reform and regulated Finance to create a bubble
>Dubya had to invade a fucking country and cut a bunch of tax to keep the bubble from bursting, It bursts anyways
>Obango takes over while Dubya's efforts finally paid off and he extended the same fiscal policy because Obango is incompetent and can't come up with a plan himself and then negates the full effect by continuing to spend welfare and continuing to not do anything about Nafta despite calling it a fucking waste
>Some fucking bong on a chan tells me neoliberal policies are great

>half the worlds population live on a dollar a day in slums
>global poverty has ended

What?

Slave societies had rising standards of living. Is that a defense of slavery? Same exact thing with authoritarian regimes like those of Stalin and Mao. You just never hear people in the mainstream make those arguments because it goes against ideology.

Foreign aid isn't what's causing the population boom there. The issue with foreign aid is that it makes local businesses non-competitive and thus destroys domestic markets, raising unemployment and lowering living standards.

tell that to venizuela . i'll wait

yeah dont you just love the slow accumulation of debt in all economies that have any significance in the global political scene? i do to OP, i do to.

I'm eith you britbongbrah. These retards are too far up Dugins ass or are unwitting puppets of Russian propaganda. There is no reasoning with these dumb fucks, they are too far gone

I'm glad people like you don't get the chance to spread your cursed genes

You forgot the unprecedented growth of social, health and environmental problems that came along with it. Not to mention how economic growth doesn't really correlate to social, scientific or cultural growth nor does it tell us anything about environmental and social sustainability of it's practices.

>70 years of neoliberalism
>neoliberalism started in the early 80s
Your math is way off.