Fallen SEAL's dad slams Trump

Washington (CNN)Bill Owens, the father of the Navy SEAL killed in a late-January raid in Yemen, leveled biting criticism at the White House and called for an investigation into his son's death in a news story published Sunday.

Owens told The Miami Herald that as his son William "Ryan" Owens' body made it to Dover Air Force Base outside Washington, he was told President Donald Trump was coming to meet him and his wife to pay his respects.
But Owens told the chaplain he didn't want to see the commander-in-chief.

"I told them I didn't want to make a scene about it, but my conscience wouldn't let me talk to him," Owens told the newspaper.
Owens, himself a veteran, raised a number of questions about the raid itself.
"Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn't even barely a week into his administration," the paper quoted him as asking.

Other urls found in this thread:

miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article135064074.html
npr.org/2017/02/10/514378178/fact-check-trumps-yemen-raid-winning-mission-or-failure-its-not-so-simple
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Chinook_shootdown_in_Afghanistan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article135064074.html

>a week into Trump presidency
>president launches failed mission that kills scores of civilians and makes your son KIA

JUST

ahh yes, the ((((navy seals))))

Seems pissed that his son died. But surely he must realize Trump didn't mark up a map in yemen himself and this was planned for a long time? No one is that dense.

Navy Seals know what they are getting into when they sign up... How many Navy Seals died while Obama was in office and noone gave a shit. A mission with 1 casualty, intel that saved many more innocent lives is successful in my book.

Saged

well he approved the mission.

a massive loss for someone who brags about "winning"

>intel that saved lives

HAHAHAHA CITATION NEEDED FAGGOT

scores of innocents died and nothing was gained the mission was a failure in every way.

Basically this. Just more of the media trying to bring down Trump.

Well in all fairness what I remember Obama did too but they had to wait for no moon night.

And the reason for a "loss" is that a seal died but I also read they secured a lot of intel in raid.

Don't sign up for a sham war if you're not ready to be killed

Since when does losing a soldier on a mission make it a "loss"? When you sign up to be a soldier, you sign up to be canon fodder. That's part of the job.

Did no special operators die during the obama admin?

Can't anyone see this is a shariablue thread by OP samefagging?
Sage and move on.

the fact that the mission failed in every way makes it a loss

Did they switch his sons' application to the Cub Scouts with one to the Armed Forces when he wasn't looking and then he signed it?

How did it fail? They were trying to get intel, right? They got it.

>Trump goes forward with investigation
>Turns out John McCain sold intel about the mission to Yemenis
>McCain is arrested and executed for high treason

One less welfare queen

It's an operation Obama planned and intentionally set up to fail to blame Trump

Things genuine people say to newspapers:
"I don't want to make a scene."

No they did not get intel. The "intel" they said they got were videos that had been out for years.

>muslims in a radical islamist compound
>innocents
Yeah, no.

t.Shill

IIRC, that is just what was publicly released to showcase the findings.

Even NPR paints a fair story
npr.org/2017/02/10/514378178/fact-check-trumps-yemen-raid-winning-mission-or-failure-its-not-so-simple

How can you be pissed that your son was KIA as a SEAL? Don't they tell anyone who graduates buds that their chances of seeing their 30th birthday are at best like 50%?

What a faggot and an embarrassment to his son. Not to mention the fact that Trump probably had absolutely nothing to do with planning or greenlighting the mission, but that's beside the point.

I have sympathy for him raging at the funeral though. High emotions and you want to blame someone.

I don't think he would have met with Hillary or Obama either, sometimes when you're grieving the last thing you want to do is political stuff.

Sounds like the AQAP leader was the primary target and Trump was hoping to score a Zero Dark Thirty moment early in his administration. You don't send SEAL Team Six out for fucking intel.

Imagine if the Osama raid ended with him getting away, a bunch of civilians dead, a SEAL dead, an Osprey crashed and the Obama admin saying it was a success because they gathered some very valuable intel.

On the news they said it was planned under Obama but greenlighted by Trump.

>says he doesn't want to make a big scene about it
>does major media interviews grandstanding against Trump

this guy is a fucking faggot

I am exhausted after 8 years of obama of framing everything as good or bad for obama.

Now its worse and getting worse daily.

i wonder what will get things back to normal. it was never this bad with Bush 1 or Clinton. Bush 2 might have started it though.

It's funny how the media cares about a soldier losing his life for the first time in 8 years.

Don't forget the part where Obama and pals advertised it all to Yemen and the entire operation's details had been leaked beforehand.

What if his son dying have something to do with him being incompetent himself, always easier to blame others, especially for parents - Many such cases

Remember that time 40 seal team 6 members died in Afghanistan in a helicopter rocket attack

Obama resigned the next day out of shame

>CNN

Yeah, like I'm going to believe that shit.

His son knew the risk and honored the mission. We should understand and accept the regrets family members have while grieving. Sad to see this politicized.

The "civilians" were the families of the terrorists. It's the same as when Osama was killed; they gunned down women and kids too.

1 KIA is small fries considering that several Al-Q leaders were taken out.

In case you don't remember

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Chinook_shootdown_in_Afghanistan

its unfortunate and i understand the guys devastated but this is literally what they sign up for

No one cared when Obama's surge in Afghanistan failed and got thousands of US troops killed

He still got his Novel prize

>browse thread
>BUT BUT BUT OBAMA

>You don't send SEAL Team Six out for fucking intel.
Who do you send?

Yeah and nobody on a nepleane image board cared when trump continued those illegal wars.

I think saying "what about obama" is valid at least for a few more months. Its good for pointing out hypocrisy.

>nothing was gained
under this logic a high level intel worker post their secret findings on a shitposting site

Remember when trump was the abri war candidate who would end the illegal wars overseas?

Alt right = neocons who don't call them seleves neocons

what a rat.

I wonder how much cash he just made for selling out. kike faggot.

Oh it's (((CNN)))

No wonder you didn't link it. FAKE!

How does this answer my question?

This. All day long.

if we leave china and iran gets it

move to spain if you want a country that isnt
worried about being in charge

I dont like trump , but complain for a navy seal doing their job like following order like good drones they are is pretty dumb.

Concept of this raid were made under Obama. Details of attack planned under Trump. Obama did not want detail planning to go forward after he saw concept. Trump was looking for the glory and attention when he ordered this mission. He fucked up because the plan was rushed.

>sign up to die for Israel
>"WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY DID YOU LET MUH SON DIE FUCKING DRUMPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!"

> son honorably signs up to be apart of the most dangerous special forces group on the planet. With 15% of SEALs dying before their 35th birthday.
> Sons dad gets all butthurt when his son is killed in the line of duty. A risk that was well known to the family. Somehow tries to blame Trump.

> Golly gee, I'm sure Hillary would have never gotten any soldier killed. This is all Drumpfkins fault!

I understand the dad is emotional, but trying to find someone to blame for his sons death is just not possible. The only person he can truly blame for his sons death is his son, for volunteering for such a dangerous job, and the terrorist that shot him.

Acting like Trump purposely killed your son is just stupid.

Also

> Why did a raid occur just one week into the adminstration!

This guy clearly doesn't understand how special operations, let alone Naval Special Warfare, works. Which is shocking since his son was involved in that line of work.

This operation was in progress since the Obama administration. Trump was just president when the raid occured.

Google Chris hedges, Glenn greenwood, Jeremy scahil

Left wings who took the red pill knew Obama was republican lite. Trump is now bush on steroids. When we invade Iran you will be begging for leftist support.

>Using your SEAL sons death to parade a political point
Liberals should be fucking gassed

Not even Ron Paul ever objected to killing AL Qaeda

>media trying to bring down Trump.
Why is Trump always the victim?

I feared war with Hillary more than Trump by a lot.

Again why did you fucktards act like trump was anti war?

Trump is just continuing the same bullshit forgein policy of us imperalism.

Your son signed up to be a hired gun in exchange for money and a lifetime of admiration. He rolled the dice and lost, there are plenty of pointless military operations. Get over it, maybe you should have dissuaded him from joining, don't blame trip though.

>Why is Trump always the victim?

he was elected instead of their bestie
they wanted to win

Faggot boomer father sullying his hero son's name.

his dad sounds like a terrorist

So you ok with Saudi war in Yemen trump supports? War in Syria and Iran? One Israel apartied state?

The dad also looks like a major liberal hippie from the 60s.

Like some Uber liberal college professor chanting "FUCK DRUMPF!".

No Muslim is innocent

It seems more like a routine raid that happens a couple times a month.

the raid in Yemen was against Al- Qaeda you stupid faggot. That is a global terrorist organization...

Hillary wanted the US to support a no fly zone in Syria. And had that retarded comment about retalitory military strikes against hackers.

Hillary was a war monger. I would have considered Bernie but your team trotted out the right wing dem nominee.

Meanwhile we support and arm a country that is fighting the side that is fighting al-Queda in Yemen. Really makes you think.

you mean the WAR ON TERROR the neocon war your butt buddie gwb started illegally in 2001?

Again alt right is neocon rebranding

>"Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn't even barely a week into his administration," the paper quoted him as asking.
it was planned months ago under the obama administration, why is nobody educating him?

Bernie " White people must apologise for slavery and pay reperations" Sanders

>How many Navy Seals died while Obama was in office and noone gave a shit.

A whole Chinook full of them died. Remember? Where was the outrage then? Most of those men were veterans of the Osama Bin Laden raid.

Oh right, the story saw maybe a minute on national television and they were back to covering for Barack's ass.

>It seems more like a routine raid that happens a couple times a month.
Surely you know you just made this up?

> Muslims arnt the bad guys! Islam is the religion of peace! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! White people and Drumpf are the devil! Killing innocent peaceful Muslims.

Amazing. I feel like I've heard this argument from somewhere... Oh yeah, college liberal professors.

Why blame Trump and not the military guys who organized this shit show?

Again not addressing trumps war crimes

Must resort to other people not currently president

How do you feel about the arms deal trump made with Saudi Arabia?

was in afg when that happened.

i remember obama declaring everything a loss and brought us all home

totally not paid to throw a hissy fit over this.

> Most of the seals killed in the Chinook where apart of the UBL raid.

That's not true.

GOLD TEAM took down UBL.

RED TEAM was the ST6 group that was involved with the Chinook.

None of the seals killed in the Chinook were involved with the UBL raid.

"Failed" 18 terrorists were killed.

People die in war, get over it.

Did you even read what I said nigger? We're arming a fucking wahabi state (Saudi Arabia) that is killing Houthi Yemenis who would otherwise be kicking Sunni scum out of their country. Without this fuckery we wouldn't even need to send these guys in.

>BUT PAY NO ATTENTION TO TRUMP SUPPORTING SAUDI ARABIA

alt right fags are just necons who can't come out of the closet about their neoconservatism. Everyone on here would gwb if you were alive at the time.

....about as good as I did when Obama did it?

I would support a constitutional amendment to block all arms sales unless to democracies that meet human rights guidelines. But to be upset at Trump and not Obama is hypocritic. You may have done both but I didn't notice it by anyone on the left.

> Trumps war crimes

Top kek! Holy shit. CTR has arrived.

No. There are raids like this all over Syria. Iraq, and Africa the past few years. Some fail. Some succeed. Some you hear about. Some you don't.

My bad then, must of remembered wrong.

What innocents died exactly?

Ok how is killing civilians on a war crime user? How is giving billions to regimes like Saudi Arabia that kill gays, women, and fund terrorists not a crime?

Spooks

> Why won't the USA just bomb Saudi Arabia

Because we need them to keep a balance of power to keep Iran at bay.

> Waaaaa!! Iran and Russia and China should take over the Middle East! Fuck the USA! Fuck Drumpf!

There is a difference between being a neocon, and not bending over for rivals of the US.

IS THIS GUY FUCKING RETARDED

OPS STILL HAPPEN DURING PRESIDENTIAL TRANSFERS

This. Have some fucking dignity. Your son died a brave soldier, respect that he made that sacrifice for a reason and STFU instead of complaining about the President to the media.

I can't imagine a WWII vet acting like this. Every generation since them has been shit. Both of my grandparents served in WWII overseas and they were hard as steel until the end.

"Civilians" 18 terrorists died.