Guardians of the Cedars

So doing some research on Christians in Lebanon for class, I came across a group that might be /ourguys/. They are a right-wing Maronite/Syriac christian ultra-nationalists that were a militia that fought the Syrian army and communist Palestinians, and during the Lebanese Civil War. Their slogan was, "Lebanon, at your service".

Founded by rightwing leader Etienne Saqr, the party and militia were a part of many events. Their main stance was opposition to Pan-Arabism across the Arab world, pushing back for a Lebanese identity and christian identity. They were deeply opposed to Palestinians, chanting the slogan "It is a duty for each Lebanese to kill a Palestinian".

In 1976, They confronted Palestinian and leftist forces in West Beruit. In the summer of '76, they held a 52-day siege on the last Palestinian refugee camps, massacring the civilians.

During the war, the Guardians earned a reputation for specializing in cruelty. Militia members usually tied Palestinians prisoners to the backs of taxis and dragged them up a motorway, dumping the carcasses in a dried up riverbed. Saqr would say,

"If you feel compassion for the Palestinian women and children, remember they are communists and will bear new communists".

Their key beliefs include:

Lebanon is an ancient nation of unique ethnicity,

Modern Lebanese people descended from the Phoenicians,

and Phonecia was the father of early Western Civilization.

Their only downside is that they ally with the Jews of Israel for arms.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Lebanon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kek

forgot pic

Interesting thoughts from Minister Rachid Derbas on a confererence called "Resettle Syria refugees in third world countries", held in Geneva. This was a lesson in Patrotism.

"The real solution for Syrian refugees lies in ending the fight in Syria" He continues, "And the best localization of the Syrians is their resettlement in Syria"

He told the audience,
"Lebanon does not bear sanctions, neither negligence, nor continuation is the syrian expansion, nor resettlement, and if you do not save us quickly, the Lebanese people are going to become of the UN HIgh Commissioner for Refugees customers."
He concluded, "What do you plan for today in Europe to accommodate 100 thousand refugees, is already hosted by a Lebanese village."

Derbas is the last reaming good 'yeast' in Lebanon amid the sea of corruption, brutality and moral rot.

this is more nationalist than any of you will get

Daily reminder that Bashir Gemayel is and always will be a saint.

Is this the foreign leb thread?

GOOD GOYIM.... ALLY WITH ISRAEL. ONLY A COINCIDENCE.

These (((Christian Lebanese Forces))) sided with Israel, not only that but they sold Lebanon to Israel.
(((They))) are a meme at best, yeah they managed to kill a few civilians but when Syrians and especially Hezbollah showed up they ran like cowards to their (((Greatest))) ally and never dared to do shit since then.

Best album of 2015 hands down.

>These (((Christian Lebanese Forces))) sided with Israel
The civil war started before that.

Doesn't change the fact that they sided with Israel.

It's an irrelevant point if you're to look at the initial conflict and the bigger picture. Stop flaunting your Arab IQ.

>bigger picture
Sure thing goy.

King Hussein kicked the Palestinians out of Jordan before they could attempt a coup. The Sunnis of Lebanon were the ones that welcomed them with open arms and thought that they'd be of great use and assistance to try and reform the Lebanese government. Go back to doing what you do best, playing in the sand.

The movie Waltz with Bashir pissed me off. While watching it I knew nothing about the history of the war but I could tell it was kike propaganda to slander Christians. I looked up the actual situation and my blood boiled. Fuck Jews. Fuck Muslims. Both of their Satanic religions need to be wiped off the face of the earth along with atheism. Jerusalem belongs to Christ.

Nobody argued about the Palestinians moving into Lebanon, we are not talking about that, what this thread about is a bunch of people who sold their nation to Israel, to whom pol seems to think they are based, has nothing to do with Palestinians.

But of course, Israelis are based, white and could do no harm according to you so why argue.

>it's always the attention-seeking namefags that are the least informed
This has nothing to do with Israel or people thinking Israel is based, stop moving the goalposts. Learn to comprehend things. Again, the civil war and tension among the sects started long before Israel came into the picture. You're fast-forwarding years ahead and ignoring the real core issues of the conflict. Arab IQ, I guess, like our niggers down here.

I'm not the one who is steering the thread in a different direction here, we are supposed to be talking about a group of people OP is promoting, I gave some insight about who they are.
Then you came along talking about some background story that nobody asked about, simple.

>different direction
That's the core of the conflict and why this group of people came about and did what they did.

Good job Afrikaana, now we are on the same page, that's all there is to it, they sided with Israel regardless weather they had to or not, does not change the fact that they killed civilians.
With that said, educate us on to why the (((Maronites))) didn't stay in Lebanon and fight for their land and ran off to Israel? Surely only you would know.

>they sided with Israel regardless weather they had to or not
In fighting Sunnis, which is irrelevant as usual. But again, you're ignoring the core of the conflict deliberately. You're either trolling or a shill, like the Muslim version of JIDF. You've already proven your lack of comprehension skills and lower IQ.

>in fighting Sunnis
Killing civilians with the help of Israel but sure irrelevant why not.
Fucking mong, where are they now?

So Hezbollah and Assad are filthy sandniggers after all then.

>sunnis
>civilians
Stop applying Eurocentric concepts to non-Eurocentric cultures, you bigot.

Can I get a TL;DW?

If it's as awful as you say it is I don't want to give (((them))) my money to watch it.

Lebanon is under the grip of Islam and Hezbollah.

Nothing can change there until Hezbollah is removed from power.

> TFW shills on this thread are saying that Lebanon should remain Islam instead of going back to Christianity

Easy way to spot the Muslims on Sup Forums.

> But they would just ally with Israel.

Woah, you mean the only Jewish state and the only Christian state in the ME would be allies against the Islamic hordes? WOAHHHHHHH!!! MIND BLOWN!

Unfortunately a lot of people here are cucked to sandniggers like Hezbollah and Assad. Sad!

Watch it on kisscartoon. It's a really good war movie and probably the best adult animated film.(low competition)
It basically ends with Israel blaming a Christian militia for killing a lot of muzzies which is true. Israel was in league with the Christian militias so its not in their best interest to stop them.

You're still completely missing the point and completely lack the common sense and brains to actual understand this. Going by your logic and theory, if Assad were to ever get help from Israel (it would never happen of course) you'd then side with Sunnis against him. And people wonder why Arabs never amount to much. You're trying to be more right, and win this argument, instead of just stating the truth. Fuck off. Wasting my time.

Pretty sure Lebanon is under Christian rule since their Majority muslim population are split evenly Sunni and Shia. 40/30/30

I don't care about Assad. He is in Syria.

I'm talking about Lebanon and Hezbollah. Islam is a destructive force all over the planet. So the idea that Lebanon should stay Muslim is fucking stupid.

> Lebanon is a Christian nation already

Riiight...

No I'm not missing the point my good man.
>Assad were to ever get help from Israel (it would never happen of course) you'd then side with Sunnis against him.
No not really, I would be against both, Israel has been nothing more than a destruction and misery in the region, had they not exist then none of this would have been a thing.

Wipe out Israel, then the problems would go away with it.

Hezbollah has only a few seats in Parliament

> Wipe out Israel, then the land becomes a battle ground for Palestinian savages to blow each other up like they usually do when the civil war with each other. Then tensions rise higher as a new battle between different sects of Islam go to war over the land where Israel once was. Then even more Islamic bloodshed consumes even more of the middle east, causing global tensions to worsen.

Fixed.

>I would be against both
Point proven. This is where the autism ends.

50% Islamic

40% Christian

Yet the entire military arm of the country is under Islamic control. And Islam is clearly the more dominant religion in the nation.

Sorry, here is the link

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Lebanon

I never liked your shitty Cheddar
It's pleb tier cheese

Cedar is a kind of tree

You probably put cheddar cheese in your asshole and hire refugees to take turns picking them out of your ass and feeding it to you.

are you talking about hezbollah?

they are a shia paramilitary force, they arent the lebanese army

They are a proxy army used by Iran to stur up shit when the ME gets too calm.

>Despite all the speeches of Iranian leaders and the denunciation of Israel at Friday prayers, there were never less than around one hundred Israeli advisers and technicians in Iran at any time throughout the war, living in a carefully guarded and secluded camp just north of Tehran, where they remained even after the ceasefire.

> Iran, Israel, North Korea on the same side
> Soviet Union and the USA on the same side

Jesus Christ, that sounds like some autistic Sup Forums fantasy but it was real. Top mother fucking kek!!

Redpill me on Lebanon, why is it such a divided shithole?

1. Palestinian civil war
2. Wars with Israel
3. Half Christian / Half Muslim. Then you have the Muslims who are basically several sects that rival with eachother.
4. The military wing of the country is because a proxy for Iran to fuck with shit in the gulf.

Like I said, as long as Israel exists there would never be peace in the ME, and that's the bottom line.

Obviously things would never be perfect, but ideally Palestine should be like it once prior to the creation of Israel, where different sects of religion lived among themselves with little issues.

I personally think its more than that, Lebanon was hardly a nation, historically, it was always part of something greater (Greater Syria, Byzantine, Persia, Caliphates, Ottomans), on top of what you listed they have an issue with identity, lately some Lebanese no longer hold the idea they are descendants of the Phoenicians, but rather they are French even tho genetic studies show they are mostly semitic.

wew never thought i'd see this on here
great project, lots of good chicago noise in the last few years

> Palestinians will go back to living in peace like they once did.

That's impossible since the war between Sunni and Shia is at a high because they are fighting for dominance of the ME. If Israel is gone, all it means is there will be new territory for Sunni and Shia to slaughter each other.

> Lebanon wasn't always a nation

Yeah but many nations exist today that didn't exist 70 years ago. Are you saying they don't want to be an independent state and should be merged with a different natio

>That's impossible since the war between Sunni and Shia is at a high because they are fighting for dominance of the ME
From my knowledge there are hardly any Shia in Palestinian territory, I don't think there is any Shiites at all actually, but I could see another kind of fighting which will involve Christians and Muslims.
>Are you saying they don't want to be an independent state and should be merged with a different nation
Not necessarily, many people in Lebanon come from different backgrounds hence why the nation is divided, but if we would talk about Lebanon as an independent state then lets call it for what it is, a failed state.

So essentially it's hard to define what is Lebanese.

>Like I said, as long as Israel exists there would never be peace in the ME, and that's the bottom line.
That's not the argument. You've been BTFO already.

I know it's not the argument, was just making an obvious point.

The only reason Iran supports Palestinians right now is because they hate Israel. That's the only reason Shia would support Sunni Palestinians.

So when Israel is gone, and Iran has no reason to support Palestinians anymore. Why would they allow Sunni Islam to take over one of the most stratigic and important pieces of land on earth.

They wouldn't. That's just another Sunni/Shia war waiting to happen which again means Saudi Arabia and Iran funding proxies to fuck with each other.

> Lebanon is a failed state

It could be different. Just look at the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Those were sandnigger nations with jackshit. Now they have some of the most luxurious cities on the planet for the ultra-rich go to fuck around.

Lebanon could be an amazing tourist attraction and bring is massive revenue. But that isn't going to happen with Hezbollah being so influential there.

Shit , remember when Hezbollah kidnapped that Israeli soldier and we're parading him around. There was a famous TV show being filmed there at the time and they caught the whole event on camera.

Hezbollah just brings trouble to the nation.

The moron here is the one that implies that Muslims have a concept of "Civilians" All sand niggers fight as un uniformed irregulars with a fucking Quran as justification. When a Mujahadeen dies they then magically transform back to Civilian status. Muslims don't care if there targets are civilians. Even Saladin enjoyed the murder of women and children.

> Even Saladin loved killing women and children

Lol, that's a pretty shitty argument because at the time, everyone was fine with killing women and children.

I mean just look at what the Crusaders did when they conquered Jerusalem. Muslim and Jewish women and children where slaughtered by the 1000s.

That was just okay back then.

But nowadays, targeting women and children is frowned on.

>The only reason Iran supports Palestinians right now is because they hate Israel. That's the only reason Shia would support Sunni Palestinians.
I believe so as well, but...
>So when Israel is gone, and Iran has no reason to support Palestinians anymore. Why would they allow Sunni Islam to take over one of the most stratigic and important pieces of land on earth.
I don't know, doesn't seem that way, maybe allies sure but it would be hard for Saudi Arabia to have any kind of influence in Palestine since they are hated.

>It could be different. Just look at the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Those were sandnigger nations with jackshit. Now they have some of the most luxurious cities on the planet for the ultra-rich go to fuck around.
The thing with those countries is that they don't have an identity complex, in the Gulf for an example everybody speaks they same language, believe in the same religion (mostly), and practically the same people with the same history, whereas in Lebanon you have one side that is French, then you have the Phoenicians, then you have the Armenians, then you have different religions (Sunni, Shia, Maronite etc.) so now everybody want's to be a Lebanese in his/her own image, nothing is really centralized.

like I said, Lebanon doesn't have a strong identity, nor do they have a common destiny.
>But that isn't going to happen with Hezbollah being so influential there.
Hezbollah is what Lebanon actually needs more than anything, the only group in Lebanon that is capable of defending the nation from invaders.
>Shit , remember when Hezbollah kidnapped that Israeli soldier and we're parading him around. There was a famous TV show being filmed there at the time and they caught the whole event on camera.
I honestly can't say I seen it, curious about it.
>Hezbollah just brings trouble to the nation.
This is where I disagree but what can you do right.

I don't know, seems like Houthis and Hezbollah don't go around killing people.

sunni vs shia seems more like race war than anything else. shia is whiter.