Explain this

What happened here? Why is productivity outpacing employment by so much and even more so for median income?

Is there any non-shit ideas like raising the minimum wage to stop income and employment stagnation?

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/elizabeth-warren-minimum-wage_n_2900984.html
youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GkAtUq0OJ68&nohtml5=False
youtube.com/watch?v=QKv-dXHhtMs
slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2015/04/16/student_loans_in_bankruptcy_how_the_bush_administration_pointlessly_screwed.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Labor surplus, we have too many people and not enough jobs

not sure

looks like you need to get mad at clinton

Too many people, automation replying labour force
>inb4 but we need people to maintain automation
No as much as being replaced, which is the point.

Globalization.

it was the outcome of the 1965 immigration act

suddenly labor was no longer valued in the United States. Importing workers devalued citizenship.

Also note that in the early 70s Jews brought in the credit card and elaborate credit mechanisms to that people could use debt to maintain their lifestyles.

You fucks wont agree with me but heres what I see
a number of converging trends have favored capital over labor in the past 40 years...
>computers/machines/automation replace labor/jobs while improving productivity
>globalization provides cheap alternative labor sources (this is not just trade policy, its also advances in cheap transportation, industrial development where labor is cheaper, improved communications tech etc)
>minimum wage has not kept pace with inflation, not even close- it used to be over $10 in 2017 dollars
>unions have lost tremendous power both politically (right to work states etc) and because manufacturing employment has dropped so much...the percentage of workers whos wages has been collectively bargained for has decreased dramatically
>executive pay has become really high over time, our culture has allowed this or at least hasnt pushed back hard enough to prevent it from becoming so far removed from worker pay

gee i wonder where that money went

I'm sure Trump's tax cuts will remedy the situation!

Importing flood of cheap immigrant labor

Outsourcing every job possible to low wage China

>why is productivity outpacing employment

Technology. Labor surplus due to excessive immigration.

Also
>non-shit ideas
>like raising the minimum wage
>non-shit ideas
>minimum wage

kys.

Elizabeth Warren: Minimum Wage Would Be $22 An Hour If It Had Kept Up With Productivity
huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/elizabeth-warren-minimum-wage_n_2900984.html

Any tax cut is better than none right now

This is what right wing retards choose instead.

Why is Trump cutting taxes for millionaires and billionaires at a time of deficits and debt?

Elizabeth Warren supports mass immigration

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ

Deficit are irrelevant

Learn real economovs instead of neoliberal economics

Also Obama practiced trickle down when he gave the banks trillions

Capitol hill feeding frenzy of interest groups siphoning off the system

That's why

Holy shit are you still shilling on these threads?

Just btfo, no one cares.

Obama gave trillions to Wall Street

Possibly the greatest theft in history

Improved technology makes each employee more productive.

Wages are stagnant because technology also makes jobs easier to do, which makes them easier to learn, which makes the viable supply of labor much higher.

Check the average wage versus productivity of just software developers if you want proof.

>Deficit are irrelevant

Typical Republicans

It's why you retards can't be trusted with money.

No he didn't. TARP was done under Bush. Nice whataboutism though. Obama enacted the harshest Wall Street regulation since FDR.

Think about it this way. Where is the productivity change coming from?

I agree enough with that.

>non-shit ideas like raising the minimum wage
Not with our current immigration policy. And it also does jack shit for the automation related portion.

We have massive unemployment at the low end of legal workers. Raising the minimum wage, in the US at least would be full retard.

Canada of course has different issues.

The real issue is that productivity benefits from technology don't result in financial gains for average workers. It gets scooped up by upper management.

Computers made the average worker significantly more productive, but their salaries didn't increase in proportion. What happens instead is management fires workers made unnecessary by technological productivity, kept everyone else's pay the same, and gave the surplus to themselves.

This is why automation is going to fucking wreck us.

And Clinton deregulated and removed Glass-Steagal and forced banks to issue loans to low income households without credit worthiness or the necessary income to maintain said loans.

Don't know why you keep bringing up Bush leaf, no one will defend that cuck.

wrong as always

Seattle $15 min wage. 4% unemployment.

because of a denser population than the rest of the state, or the cities of most states

Sounds like more right wing retard dinduism and defending of Bush.

George Bush: we want everybody in America to own their own home. That's what we want.
youtube.com/watch?v=GkAtUq0OJ68&nohtml5=False

Also to add on,

Obama decided to consolidate the college loan system under the government and remove basic checks like credit worthiness, requiring cosigners, or even furnishing a GPA or major requirement to qualify for said loans.

Who knew that a bunch of people going into humanities would have a hard time paying back their 40k loans when all they can find are jobs paying 33k and the unemployment for people in their major is 16%.

No matter what, you right wing retards will always argue for workers to be paid as little as possible. It's how your billionaire globalist owners programmed you.

GLOBLAISM

how is there people on the board that still don't understand globalization and outsourcing are FUCKING over working people in the west

>charts starts in 2003

Looks like that trend was going well before Obama took office.

What is Trump's education plan anyways? Betsy Devos is pretty retarded. At least Hillary had a comprehensive plan to get right wing retards educated.

They don't matter and never will

Go be a neolib somewhere else

>Don't know why you keep bringing up Bush leaf, no one will defend that cuck.
>Proceeds to be a leaf, and posts youtube video of Bush saying stupid shit.

Oh wow. Bush was just as retarded as Clinton. Darn. Really got me there!

It's weird that you think corporatists and small business owners are the same

automation
importing unskilled labor
moving jobs overseas

also a disingenuous chart as post WWII economy is universally regarded as a fluke

>all the rich people took it!

this is how 6 year olds think economics works

in reality all the money labour in the US and Canada should have been getting went to the Chinese and Mexican middle class thanks to jewish globalists

I know you're in this more to be an argumentative bitch, but lets see if you have anything off script.

What SHOULD the minimum wage be in a state, province, county or city or whatever, and how did you arrive at that figure?

Show me what you've got.

Why are right wing retards such DINDU NUFFINS?

8 YEARS OF GOP PRESIDENCY = WE DINDU NUFFIN

Based Bill Clinton left Bush one of the best economies in American history. 3.9% unemployment, a thriving economy, a $315 BILLION annual budget surplus, the national debt set to be paid off within 10 years, the highest labor participation rate in American history, and no wars.

Within 8 years, George Bush and the Republicans left America on its knees.

This is why Republicans can't be trusted with the economy. No matter how good a situation they inherit, they'll fuck it all up and blame Democrats. Every time.

youtube.com/watch?v=QKv-dXHhtMs

I'm not sure if that's entirely the problem here. Companies outsource a lot of repetitive work because some of the automation isn't quite cost effective enough yet, plus they can pay prisoners slave wages right here at home too. It saturates the labor supply but even combining that and automation wouldn't account for such a huge gap that keeps expanding.

Typical right wing retards. Always defending the billionaire globalists who are robbing them blind.

I have no idea nor am I interested in defending the policies of Trump or his cabinet advisers.

The simplest solution is to require the basic checks that all loan issuers would have when offering an unsecured loan. Keeping tabs on the student's GPA, making sure they're progressing towards graduating in their major of choice, and that the major has decent employment prospects upon graduation.

Also, shit tons of kids taking out loans is only half the problem. Default rates rising to historic highs is the real problem. These loans aren't for pitiful amounts that we'd see during the 90's and 80's either. A 5k loan for school in 1989 was no big problem. A 50k loan default in 2016 that you can't even get rid of with bankruptcy... fuck man. Obama fucked these kids.

>Based Bill Clinton left Bush one of the best economies in American history.
That later tanked due to widespread fraud & abuse.

Social engineering when it comes to finances always fails. Giving out loans to people that have no ability to pay it back isn't charity, it's fucking stupid.

Paying prisoners slave labor wages has the additional friction of working with state regulators, and a very low quality labor pool.

Black market labor, namely illegal aliens are the preferred solution by big biz. And their rates are directly linked to the legal minimum wage.

I have thousands of posts in thousands of threads responding to thousands of right wing retards.

I type fast, retrieve relevant charts/data etc and sometimes have up to 100 posts in a thread.

The mere notion that you think that I'm following some kind of script, proves to me that you're a full blown right wing retard.

Wouldn't it take me longer to try to pull up in some massive database, the appropriate response to every right wing retards that autistically screeches at me, than to simply reply off the cuff as I always do?

The answer to your question is simple, should be a reflection of what the prevailing living wage is in that locality. I do of course agree that a minimum wage in right wing retard rural freak Wyoming should be different than one in urban, liberal progressive New York City.

That's why the cities and states that raised their minimum wages are thriving while rural freaks are seeing their towns dying.

There I typed that out just for u.

>household income

delete your thread and uninstall your life

Before the Canuck-cuck harps in about "lol default rates in 1990 are higherrr"

Default rates rising after the worst Republican Recession since the Great Republican Depression isn't really that surprising is it?

>Default rates rising to historic highs is the real problem.

Umm sweetie according to your chart they are half in 2011 than what they were in 1990 under right wing retard George H Dubya Bush.

End the fed.

>Before the Canuck-cuck harps in about "lol default rates in 1990 are higherrr"

They are higher. According to your own chart. You posted a chart of somethign different because you realized your own chart btfo what u were saying.

> Default rates rising to historic highs is the real problem.

No sweetie they're not.

I don't disagree that student loan costs are a problem. Hillary had a pretty comprehensive plan. It's a shame she didn't get elected. What is Trump's plan? What is the GOP Congress's plan? To bring back coal and VHS?

Learn to read.

Defaults that can be expunged through bankruptcy for 10k and less are perfectly fine. Defaults that can only be expunged through death for 35k and more is not.
There are half of the defaults as 1990, but the defaults are for 3 times the amount. The problem is quantifiably 150% worse than 1990.

Its the pedos fault, they bit off more than they could chew and got blackmailed and now we are fucked

Default rates are half of the picture you retarded leaf. The other half is the default amounts.

If I default on a $800 loan, I don't think I'll even get a strongly worded letter from the bank let alone any real ramifications.

If I default on a 35k to 100k loan, the bank will garnish my wages and throw rocks through my windows until they get their money.

Automation

Tarp was only a minor part of a multi trillion bailout to wallstreet

Obvious student debt loans are higher, look at tuition costs over the years.

e.g.: Duke 1993 tuition was $15,700, 2015 was $47,650.

computers

>Defaults that can only be expunged through death for 35k and more is not.

Remind me when that rule took place. As I recall it was under the Bush administration

Yep here it is. Boy am I good at research.

It was the 2005 bankruptcy bill passed under Bush and the GOP Congress

How the Bush Administration Pointlessly Screwed Over Student Borrowers
slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2015/04/16/student_loans_in_bankruptcy_how_the_bush_administration_pointlessly_screwed.html

exactly.

He's ignoring that completely. You have a lot more demand for higher education, it's a lot more expensive.

Look at the admission rates. These schools aren't packing their classrooms with engineers and doctors.

They're filled with art history majors.

>passed an ordinance
>that will phase in over many years
>very slowly
Wow, who would have though a law that isn't in effect yet isn't having any effect

"Globalization". This one chart explains everything.

Demand for education that's not needed in any workplace.

Taking out loans for something that doesn't better prepare you for the real world is fucking retarded.

Why in god's name would I bother defending Bush?

fpbp said it, too many people, not enough jobs.

Imo the most non-shit fix is to just spread the work by having a 4 day workweek. The idea worked in the industrial revolution, itll work in the automation revolution.

Make overtime kick in at 32 hours, no exemptions except maybe small business. Make the standard week Mon-Thurs, 9-5.

Obviously. For-profit education systems aren't going to send away potential customers. They are going to make sure there is a product for everyone.

>These schools aren't packing their classrooms with engineers and doctors.
>They're filled with art history majors.

Look at the title. You deliberately used a chart of women, full well knowing that they are far less likely to be in computer science and engineering than men.

You thought I wouldn't catch that? You're not dealing with a right wing retard here. You're dealing with Obama Leaf. You should have known better.

Explain yourself because you know you are being intentionally deceitful. It's no secret that comp sci and engineering are male dominated fields.

It might make sense to keep the minimum wage that high in a gentiles urban area where most people already make above minimum wage. However, the dollar is a lot stronger in other parts if the country, and raising the minimum wage nationally would strip those communities of their local economies.

I appreciate the extra effort.

But the prevailing living wage is directly linked to the local minimum wage in the first place: You pay more for labor, your cost of living will be more.

Drawing conclusions of causality from that defies simple economic principles.

I contend that the minimum wage of neighboring states and regions also should affect any minimum wage. Sweden or Toronto can have a higher minimum wage than San Diego, because it's a lot more expensive to outsource to Mexico, with it's $5 dollar an hour minimum wage for example.

The cautionary tales of states that augered into inflationary death spirals in the 70's from unlimited cost of living adjustments comes to mind as well.

You're a fucking retard. Also you retards promised me Seattle would be crashing and burning by now

>Why in god's name would I bother defending Bush?

Exactly. You can't. That's why you're not even trying. I'm just telling you where the problems are.

You should look into the source of the problems you are complaining about.

How the Bush Administration Pointlessly Screwed Over Student Borrowers

>the chinese factory worker that gets paid 1 USD a day is taking all your money!

>law says minimum wage will be a million trillion dollars in 100 years
>wow such a high minimum wage! how progressive!

Aren't those towns already dying anyways? I thought that's what rural freaks are complaining about.

Google "Elephant Chart".

He said Chinese middle class, which is completely true.

Are Chinese middle class slaving away in factories?

>law says minimum wage will be a million trillion dollars in 100 years

Which law is this exactly?

I didn't realize Democrats were chauvins who stuck their nose at the rural and suburban middle class. Good to know. In any case their economies are alive and well, but are threatened by urban style regulation that doesn't work for their communities.

Honestly, no one is providing data on a genderless percentage of people enrolling in all majors.

It seems these studies are only done when quantifying why bitches don't get wet for electrical engineering.

If you can find a better graph, go for it.

Trump is going to default on our national debt, that's the only way I can see it.
The dollar has been inflating for over 100 years now, when it deflates, I seriously doubt we'll be able to pay that off in a few decades, if at all. I believe the trigger will be the audit of the federal reserve. When they get audited, they'll want panic and mass confusion to cover up the fact the Rothschilds of London and Berlin own like 52% of the fed. So in the mean time, Trump is increasing spending on military to get us prepared for when the worlds reserve currency crashes and every country will blame us.

>You pay more for labor, your cost of living will be more.

It's not a 1 to 1 ratio ffs. You retards have been so well programmed by your billionaire globalist owners to be against making more money at all costs. It's actually really sad.

>The cautionary tales of states that augered into inflationary death spirals in the 70's from unlimited cost of living adjustments comes to mind as well.

Holy shit you buy into every single billionaire globalist bullshit argument. THE INFLATION OF THE 1970'S WAS BECAUSE OF OIL SHORTAGES, NOT WAGES.

How can you be so fucking stupid?

Bill Clinton left office with 3.9% unemployment and inflation was tame.

I cannot believe you brought out that bullshit fucking ((("""Washington Consensus"""))) 1970s meme. Gimme a fucking break. Total brainwashed billionaire globalist talking point.

>I didn't realize Democrats were chauvins who stuck their nose at the rural and suburban middle class.

Not at all. It's Democrats who are trying to get u guys a job, a raise, some healthcare, legal weed, maybe some new teeth and hey we're totally cool if u wanna marry your boyfriend.

It's Republicans who are fucking you over and doing nothing for you non stop.

Best I can do.

Buddy don't even try to wriggle out of it. You know exactly what you did.

>Look at the admission rates. These schools aren't packing their classrooms with engineers and doctors.

And then you posted an admissions chart of women, full well knowing comp sci and engineering are male dominated fields.

Either you're even more retarded than I thought and you were also deceived by this chart (I'm starting to think this is more likely), or you were being intentionally deceitful.

I caught you red handed and you know it.

>economic editor
>woman
is this a parody site

Clinton left with record consumer debt and a Budget surplus that was sapping money from consumers

You're a neolib shill

Then why do you push federal top down regulations that damage their communities? It seems like in your liberal salvation these communities become wastelands where only a few multinational corporations remain. So much for defending against big corporations right? You can't be simple enough to actually believe direct prescriptive laws ever achieve their intent.

Stop with this Bullshit. Provide just ONE valid piece of evidence linking the Rothschild family to any central bank in the world today.

You people just parrot the same buzzword bullshit religiously (illuminati, Rothschild, reptilian, chemtrail, HAARP, etc etc, etc) without an iota of real evidence.

So please...

Provide a clear link between the Rothschild family and any current central bank (that would be admissible in court).

The amout of revenue the average western worker can generate is far higher than the wealth he needs to live hence it being easyer to have the remaning money go to his employer government taxes ect, also da j00z

Consumers were fucking thriving in the 90s you're out of your mind. Wages were high, unemployment was low.

>and a Budget surplus that was sapping money from consumers

Paying off the national debt is a bad thing.

t. right wing retards

The leftist ideal is to kill the middle class

Because of insane amounts of consumer debt you thoughtless retard

Yes budget deficits are good

Consumer debt is terrible for an economy

Government debt isn't