Sam Harris

I've just discovered this guy last night.

Opinions?

Ive just watched him debate cenk uygur, and ive never seen someone so even-tempered and logical, and flat out based.

Unfortunately ive also seen his stance on Donald Trump. i find it so hard to square his brilliance and his views on Donald Trump and the 2016 elections.

What, besides the cenk uygur debate is essential watching?

Would you say there is any alt-right figure or even any Sup Forums hero (milo, sam hyde, steven crowder, styx) that could intellectually match up to Sam Harris?

His articulation on Islam and debates against islam is how we should all strive to win this war of ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WVl3BJoEoAU
voxday.net/mart/TIA_free.pdf
youtu.be/jQjrdp8ZtgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lAPbQMZLY9c
youtube.com/watch?v=FG4WCLOBPbo
youtube.com/watch?v=vq4Qope4HQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVmoVTSrqTE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Opinions
He's a kike.

/thread

>Sup Forums hero (milo, steven crowder,

kill yourself retard shill

He actual has a rational debate against islam and not a racist hard-on, not something this board understands

Could you at least post the link of the debate OP

Thx

I know it's a bait thread, but I'm atheist myself and Harris looks like such a fucking pseudo-intellectual. His recent debate with Peterson was just awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=WVl3BJoEoAU

He makes Cenk look like an utter bumbling fool.

Sam Harris is in the camp of hating Trump and conservatives but hating SJW faggots and Islamist apologists even more so.

How is anything he says "pseudo-intellectual"

everything he said was substantiated with supplemental facts

is it really worth watching 3 hours of these internet celebrities?

Sam Harris is not an internet celebrity.

Hes a man with a PhD in Neuroscience and a BA in philosophy from stamford.

Hes an author of multiple books, and hes also a frequent debater/

He is someone who is actually trying to win of the war of ideas with pure fact and without the stupid fake christian nostalgic crusade sentiment feeling white nationalist overtones of Sup Forums's autism, which is very refreshing imo

He is completely logical in almost everything, and I'm a big fan of his. However it seems he completely drunk the kool-aid in regards to thinking that Trump is the biggest buffoon in history and literally the worst possible candidate for president ever and in that frame of mind it would be rational to suggest Clinton instead.

So as such he's now waiting for Trump to destroy a continent with nukes or some other such catastrophe to be proven wrong, and as we can be reasonably sure, this is probably not going to happen and all the fears about Trump are pretty overblown.

This is just a complete ad hominem. He doesn't make any claims to being a superior sort of intellectual and just offers his own opinions so I don't know why it's necessary to label him in this way. If you want to call all his views unfounded and irrational that would be fair but dismissing him in this way is just a lazy way to avoid discussing them, imo.

his voice puts me to sleep.

bump

Watch him debate Reza Aslan its even better than the Cenk one

Most based Kike of all time

He made hating Islam a legitimate intellectual pursuit

Atheist kike that articulates shit that doesnt need to be articulated.

JUST

>Sup Forums heroes
>milo
>steven crowder

With Christopher Hitchens gone, Sam Harris now carries the banner for the intellectual opposition to Islam. Don't let his stance on Trump put you off. He is worth listening too.

What did sam and jordan peterson debate about?

This. He's the second best religion-basher I've seen, after Hitchens.

Let me guess. You're a shill and you got something juicy on him. So now you're building him up on Sup Forums in an attempt to have us embrace him so you can alienate us all with your devastating takedown.
I'm bored. Save me the trouble and just tell what dirt you have on him.

fuck this faggot

do you think sam feels uncomfortable when he sees a muslim store clerk in a hijab or something when he goes to buy milk, powerade etc

Anyone can make fun of Cenk and Islam m8, it doesn't take a genius to do so.

His reading of human history was so fucking retarded it turned me from atheist to agnostic.

voxday.net/mart/TIA_free.pdf

Skip to Harris section, his arguments about Red/Blue sections of the American continent are full of errors also.

Take a look at this video and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

youtu.be/jQjrdp8ZtgQ

I'm no fan of that faggot (he deserved to end the way he did), but Harris has no argumentative skills whatsoever, he just wasted 7 minutes.

I put Douglas Murray ahead of Sam on that front desu

He's a Neocon.
youtube.com/watch?v=lAPbQMZLY9c

ive listened to this and harris says he agrees and disagrees with milo

he is giving a fair assessment of milos character

he is an enertainer and provocateur, he says so himself

i think you want to perceive sam harris in a certain way because you are intimidated by his intelligence. or you cant handle criticism

youtube.com/watch?v=FG4WCLOBPbo

It was supposed to be about religion, only it became a three hour debate about Truth.

Both men are so different in their outlook, that they came to a complete stand-still and could not move past it. Harris sees only Empirical truth as valid, Peterson sees it in a more complex sense, not to say that is necessarily right or wrong, but Harris refused to even entertain the notion for arguments sake.

Had there been a moderator worth their salt, or Harris simply not have held both the moderator and debator positions, the conversation could have been more fruitful. But Harris could not, in fact his behavior during the debate, even during times I think he had the upper hand, was so socially unaware that I came out thinking he is a high-functioning autist.

Yeah. I don't understand how someone can be called intelligent when first they are triggered by inflammatory language, and second when they still can't see that Trump was putting on an act.

B-but he's being a dick so he's very clearly inept!

>opinions?
pseud that comments on things out of his depth
he needs to stick with neuroscience

Found the christfag

Harris might be educated, when it comes to neurology and the follies of Islamic thought and theory.

But he is a fucking terrible predictor and analyzer of politics. He read both the candidates, campaigns and the outcomes embarrassingly wrong. His incredibly simplistic, even Family Guy understanding of complex social issues continues to prove the point that you should not comment outside the realm of what you can claim to know and know well.

I don't see what was wrong about that video at all. He gave his honest take on the situation which is what he was asked to do, and it was pretty unbiased and reasonable. Could you be more specific about what you're getting at?

button suspenders are redpilled as hell.

>glorifying a materialist subversive kike

There is a good pod cast on YouTube of Sam interviewing conservative brit Douglas Murray.
Sam basically agrees with most of Murray's position.

>promotes "steelmanning"
>strawmans

who's the girl?

Great book on this is Intellectuals and Society by Thomas Sowell. He owns folks like chomsky

>you are intimidated by his intelligence. or you cant handle criticism
Even if there was a chance that was true, I'm still not the one debating him so all you did was throwing at me a worthless insult. You must have learned doing that from Harris as that whole video could be summed in him calling Milo "insincere", the alt-right "divisive" and personal identities "irrelevant", literally all non-arguments. Also, I can tell by your spacing that you came here from Plebbit, maybe it's about time you returned there.

Agreed, great book.

>mfw Harris called him one of the leaders of the alt-right

milo does come across as insincere in his beliefs frequently though

Fuck's sake, I'm tired of stealth kikes. Every one of them should be forced to take a stereotypically kike name.

Do you think that extreme focus of study problem is a product of nature or nurture? I find that as people ascend through education, they do become horrendously detached from reality in topics outside of their limited scope.

I don't want to make it sound easy to become versed in many different things, but after a certain point it's like the intuition needed for a cursory understanding flies out the window.

I don't like his reaction to "race and intelligence"

You can say that about literally anyone, Harris included. Just because Milo takes certain issues less seriously than most doesn't mean he doesn't believe in what he says.

Stop looking for heroes to worship and try to develop your own intellect instead. Most of his insights are actually quite obvious conclusions to anyone who isn't a retard.

He dislikes Trump and that's fine because his criticisms are quite valid. Trump really does act like a nigger most of the time.

no, harris has been preaching the exact same thing over the past 15 years

whereas milo just seems to enjoy playing devils advocate and there are videos of him having contrary views and arguments as opposed to what he has now. milo is an attention whore kiddy diddler.

His stance on Trump is a total feels argument. How is that valid?

>milo is an attention whore
True, but it doesn't make him any less sincere.
>kiddly diddler
False, he was the KID molested by a kiddy diddler. He enjoyed it at the time, but knows it was wrong.

How would Harris handle someone like Richard Spencer, Jared Taylor, or Kevin MacDonald?

Harris dislikes Trump based on half based appeals to emotion or a precedence of Presidential decorum he feels Trump lacks. Even though historically Presidents have done and acted all sorts of strange over the years.
The other half is a belief he is a con-man opportunist. Despite the fact that Trumps views on the problems facing the country are decades old, provable by simply watching an old Oprah rerun.

He would slaughter the first two.

Kevin would fucking kill him though, all he has to do is quote from Culture of Critique and Harris would be exposed.

Harris is a libtard who is just on the right side of one issue. He's not even fully committed to that idea, as he for instance opposed the President when he was running against Hildebeest.

What Sam Harris really is is a shining example for why we must never kowtow to the left. They won't even accept one of their own who isn't in complete lockstep with every one of their platform positions. They can't take it. He's not one of the "good whites." He's just as much of a racist as they paint the rest of us. It is pointless to delve into that ideology at all.

jewish philosophers are way too theoretical and all of them arrive at conclusions contrary to their philosophical views

just look at marx, satre or sam on trump

I think their selfish in their believes.. if their utopia comes about their out of their well paying job and no long hold power because people no longer have reasons to listen to them

Another excellent choice. No argument here. Both should be listened too. I think Harris is the better debater, but that is just my opinion.

Both very important thinkers on the blight of western civilization that is islam.

>I find that as people ascend through education, they do become horrendously detached from reality in topics outside of their limited scope.
You expect more from them because they are educated. The nutjobs really stand out.

No one ever complains about the average Walmart cashier's grip on reality. They're expected to be dumb as shit.

But that decorum can teach you something. Suppose a nigger shows up to a job interview with a backwards ball cap and flip flops. The very fact that the nog doesn't know (or care) how to present himself is a red flag that he's an idiot.

>He would slaughter the first two

evidence? He's openly stated that he doesn't care about racial differences. Pinning down Spencer on Hailgate would be easy, but Taylor is usually a tough debater.

I asked Michael Steele(black guy in the middle) about this. He said he was internally laughing during it

He just another one of these intellectuals that "totally killed God, lol" and wants to get rid of religion but actual philosophers, people far smarter than him, have tried in the past and failed to "fix" society. He has nothing to offer.

>all these lines of meaningless verbage
Why would you take the time to make such an unsubstantial post.
Harris is great. Really strides for pure objectivity and by doing so has the ability to reveal a way of thinking about issues in a skeletal approach from which you know you stand in truth and then can make logical extrapolations. Have listened to just about all of his podcasts and read his book About the future of Islam with majidd nawaz. Great little read can do in one sitting. His podcast with the black conservative about gun violence and dindus is superb and a very worthwhile listen. He is wrong about trump as he is weighing the madness of him too much. I miss hitch and if you do too and haven't listened to him really give his autism a chance

how did you manage to talk to michael steele

>based Hitchens is dead
>boring ass Sam Harris is still alive

Life isn't fair, lads.

It should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.

Sam is a great debater, but he just doesn't have the charisma of Douglas.

Would trade all the niggers, jews and commies in the world for one more day with the Hitch. If you don't know, spend the next week watching his video anons. There hasn't been a debater like him before, and there won't be for a long time to come. RIP Hitch, you hard drinking, chain smoking, Islam hating glorious bastard.

The only thing special about Harris is that he has a philosophy degree so he gets to be a radical liberal with a conservative stance on islam. But as I said, he's really proof for the rest of as to why it is pointless to roll over for the left. They will hate civilization no matter what anyone does.

I saw a video of sam harris, chris hitchens and someone else on a debate team, debating another team with dinesh d'sousza on it. is it worth a watch?

Christopher Hitchens was a Jew too, remember that

alt right is created name by the left .....stop using it

I agree, Harris is boring and his voice will put me to sleep. His arguments are pretty amazing though. And he would be unfazed in a bear fight.

Considering every time Christopher went and debated his Christian brother (and best Hitchens) Peter he got destroyed I don't think there's any real reason to think he's some kind of unequalled debating genius.

He's kind of dumb though. He mostly says obvious shit and then labels it a "deconstruction" or "unpacking."

Philosophy degree? yes. Also has a Ph D in cognitive neuroscience.

Hitch is always worth watching. There are dozens of videos of him just musing about the news on CSpan. Those are great as well. Watching Hitch is time well spent.

Yeah, he's not well trained in logic and his deficiencies really came out in that debate. It got too abstract for him. Also didn't help that he didn't have any knowledge of nietzsche.

I love Morality Man so much you guys

Sam Harris is walking tvtropes

depends. very little can be gained from watching a lot of religious debates. after you've seen William Lane Craig and Sam Harris debate whoever, for the umpteenth time, it gets boring. Taleb, Douglas Murray, and Peter Hitchens all give interesting defenses of religon though.

funniest Murray clip. he calls out that his opponent was an asset for the KGB
youtube.com/watch?v=vq4Qope4HQ0

jordan peterson or richard spencer. the alt right intellectuals are found in books.

He didn't find that out until his mother died. He was in his twenties.

Hitch had nothing but disdain for the Jewish religion. One of the few intellectuals that hated Israel an the muslims.

Oh give me a break - you could dump a truckload of rational reasons to be against Islam over someone's head.

Christopher normally always beat his brother in debates. Not that there would be any shame to losing to Peter, but you are dead wrong here.

The point was is that almost every new atheist is a self hating Jew whether they realize it or not like Hitchens case. Must be something in their genetics, they've always hated God

His reputation is inflated here in the states because he rekt so many uneducated talking heads.

Whether he wins or loses depends on whether you agreed with one of the brothers positions in the first place.

As an agnostic, I will say both raise good and valid points, but not enough to swing me entirely to either a fully theist or atheist position.

>normally always

>they've always hated God
What about Peter Hitchens then?

As someone who went from atheist to theist, I recommend you to read Thomas Browne senpai

This is really good on that subject - 10mins

"Why the Regressive Left Loves anyone Who Hates the West"

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVmoVTSrqTE

He says some good things and he says some bad things, but whatever he says has an agenda behind it. I don't trust him.

mixed feelings since the jordan peterson debate where sam just talked in circles for 2 hours because he was desperate not to lose

Not that I agree with the other poster, but Peter fully admits and regrets being a loyal and snarky little atheist marxist in his roots.

He had a religious moment when he stumbled upon a painting that depicted the last judgement.

I will, thanks user.

There's always exceptions like him, Ben Shapiro, and Brother Nathaniel but i'd wager over half of Jews worldwide hate God.

The Peterson debate was just so pathetic on Sam's part.

He has not the discipline to just move on, at least not enough to be a moderator.

It's a personal problem. You should not viciously look for a victory in a debate in philosophy of all things.