Opinions in this movie?

Opinions in this movie?
Talks about a US congressman getting funding for afghans to fend off the ruskies. The movie pats itself on the back for muh murrika a fair bit, but they (((coincidentally))) stop at the proud and happy part and cut the movie off before informing the viewers that they basically created and funded Al-Qaeda.

Other urls found in this thread:

counterpunch.org/1998/01/15/how-jimmy-carter-and-i-started-the-mujahideen/
youtube.com/watch?v=tDFql8eE0TA
youtube.com/watch?v=hg_lQNv6onw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juno_Beach
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>basically created and funded Al-Qaeda.

The taliban, actually, and are responsible for teaching muslims bomb making and asymmetrical warfare.

Lmao let's give these niggas javelins

$1+ mil for each missile

The Taliban are a Saudi creation. The US funded the mujahedeen.. It's not our responsibility what groups they joined after the Soviets were defeated.

I seem to remember the closing scenes imply it hard enough that even an average Amerikos viewer should get it. In fact I wasrurprised at the level of self reflection in that movie.

>$1+ mil

what did he mean by this

The Mujahideen actually

1 million dollars

Post increment the 1

Now it's 2 million

Repeat

And Charlie was a paid Zionist working for Israel

And he used Israeli weapons

And it was funded by israel

And when he got rid of the Russians the poppy fields came back, and (((they))) made $$$ again

You can say it was a bad investment of taxpayers money considering the blowback from Islamic terrorism.

It looked like a good idea at the time but it bit us in the ass.

I disagree with the epilogue which implied that if we only built schools, everything would have been OK.

BS

Nah, we didn't create Islamic terrorism. the PLO and about a dozen more factions going back several centuries created Islamic terrorism.

this

terrorism as we know it today didn't exist in the past

otherwise start calling crusades terrorism too, hypocrite

it entirely is, kuffar

stop being so hypocritical

Shut up. You knaw nothin' John Snaw. Ever heard of the River War? Good book. By Churchill. You should read it. The British still have had more experience with Islamic terrorism than the US. It's not new ya spaz. Ever heard of Venice Italy?

Of course Kikewood praises the Saudi Wahabbists

Pretty much this.

It would have never turned out well because we support Saudi Arabia the biggest Jihadists terrorists on earth

The literally fund global Jihad so ever Muslim country on earth is getting progressively more radicalized.

Before Saudi Arabia (and Israel) The Muslim world was fairly moderate due to centuries of stagnation under the Ottomans and foreign Turk/Mongol rule.

If the British had sided with the Hashemites instead of the Saudis none of this would be happening.

>US is in bed with terrorists
And the grass is green and will always be.

>thanks Saudi Arabia/Israel

>tfw no qt 3.14 pre-revolution Persian gf

Well blame the Israelis and Saudis

>created and funded Al-Qaeda.
>responsible for teaching muslims bomb making and asymmetrical warfare.

Oh Golly, we paid brown people to shoot white people.
Then later they shot more white people.
I guess they never would have become terrorists if we hadn't hired them to fight Russians.
Golly.
I guess you can blame the gubbermint for the Oklahoma City bombing too, since Timothy McVeigh was once in the army.

But we allied with the Saudis to export their Jihadists to Afghanistan. Then they kept taking out weapons, supplies, etc to fund global Jihad

and we STILL support the Saudis even after 9/11 and the shit zillion other things they do on a daily basis

>French flag
>butthurt mudslime
TOP KEK

>It looked like a good idea at the time
I don't believe that. That's like saying "getting involved in Vietnam seemed like a good idea". Yeah, maybe, if you're with one of the corporations profiting off it. But otherwise it's an obvious shit idea.

>Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise: Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.

>Q: And neither do you regret having supported the Islamic [integrisme], having given arms and advice to future terrorists?

>Brzezinski: What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?

>Q: Some stirred-up Moslems? But it has been said and repeated: Islamic fundamentalism represents a world menace today.

>Brzezinski: Nonsense!

interview dated 1998

counterpunch.org/1998/01/15/how-jimmy-carter-and-i-started-the-mujahideen/

The whole point of sticking our dicks in the middle east for the last 70 years was to keep Russia from gaining control of Europe's oil supply.
Our options were limited, and still are.
Unless we were going to put American boots on the ground in open hostility to Russia, what the fuck else were we supposed to do?

Getting back to the point at hand though, the global importance of the middle east, combined with their culture, and the fact that 99% of the Muslim world is dirt poor was bound to lead to terrorism, asymmetric warfare, whatever you want to call it.

Do you blame Russia for modern day Syrian (and Iranian) atrocities?
For that matter, you could blame Russia for giving the Afghans a reason to fight.

Ultimately, it's kind of arrogant to say "they couldn't/wouldn't do nuffin without our help/leadership."

Are you quoting this because you agree or disagree with me? I'm not sure which it is so I don't know how to respond.
>keep Russia from gaining control of Europe's oil supply.
Who cares?
>what the fuck else were we supposed to do?
Nothing. It wasn't our problem. Why do you think we need to involve ourselves in everything that happens across the ocean?

>The whole point of sticking our dicks in the middle east for the last 70 years was to keep Russia from gaining control of Europe's oil supply.

That doesn't give you carte blanche to support Saudi Jihadists

>Unless we were going to put American boots on the ground in open hostility to Russia

In Afghanistan? Are you high?

>global importance of the middle east,

Are you saying the Middle East is too important to let it be dominated by fucking Saudis of all people?

>Do you blame Russia for modern day Syrian (and Iranian) atrocities?

They are fighting the Saudi backed Jihadists so no

>"they couldn't/wouldn't do nuffin without our help/leadership.

I don't deal with speculation I deal with facts. The US aided Jihadists at the behest of neocons, Saudis, and zionists. Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

>Brzezinski
>the Eternal Pole at it at again
This is where irrational hatred of Russians can lead to. McCaine can tell a whole lot of it: youtube.com/watch?v=tDFql8eE0TA

I would download it, but I hard drive doesn't have enough room for her nose

>Why do you think we need to involve ourselves in everything that happens across the ocean?

This

RIP old pre-jew America that would never get involved in deserts on the other side of the planet

That's a nice slogan, but I don't think a sea dominating empire as the USA is ever going to do that. Especially not in this day and age where 40% of your economy depends on financial capitalism and with the petrodollar still as the backbone of your economy.

>Faux-hostility that quickly turns into camaraderie
>yelling is acting PSH
>cancel the offensive christmas tree celebrations == hot secretaries wanna fuck you for being bad ass
>muh helicopters! nice arab man said they need helicopers so we need to do more for them (totally has nothing to do with my existing politics just my compassion for bombs)

It's 100% anti-intellectual progressive shit.

>>keep Russia from gaining control of Europe's oil supply.
>Who cares?
OK, if you don't care about what happens "across the ocean", then why do yo care about us "creating" whichever terrorist group you think we're responsible for?
Oh, yeah, that's right... the whole fucking world is connected.
You can't just close your eyes, plug your fingers in your ears and go "LA-LA-LA-LA", then hope the military adventures of the Russians, or the Nazi's, or the Japanese don't bring them to our shores.
...never mind trying to keep said people from enslaving half the world, pogroms that kill millions, etc.

stop ruining my fantasies

In the ideal world we never got involved in WW1 anyway and never outsourced our industry

America: WORLD POLICE

>Opinions in this movie?
Emily Blunt was elder god-tier in it.

>I don't deal with speculation I deal with facts.
OK, let's see.

>The US aided Jihadists at the behest of neocons, Saudis, and zionists.
"Neocon" and "zionist" are subjective labels, not facts.
...and you haven't connected the dots to modern organizations.
You don't (can't) have any facts that show Al Qaeda, the Taliban, etc wouldn't exist without the US getting involved in Afghanistan.
Again, it's like blaming the US Army for the Oklahoma City bombing.

the book is WAY better the movie really leaves out a lot

First, fuck off with your world police bullshit.
>why do yo care about us "creating" whichever terrorist group you think we're responsible for?
I don't expect that, again, we shouldn't be involved in bullshit happening in foreign lands and that includes us stirring up shit.
>bring them to our shores
If that happens it can be handled. Fighting proxy wars and "arming rebels" is not a way to maintain peace.
>never mind trying to keep said people from enslaving half the world, pogroms that kill millions, etc
Again, WHO FUCKING CARES?
NOT OUR PEOPLE, NOT OUR PROBLEM

>don't except that
Fuck

>"Neocon" and "zionist" are subjective labels

Bunch of kikes fucking up our country.

Both are fairly well defined schools of thought

youtube.com/watch?v=hg_lQNv6onw

>You don't (can't) have any facts that show Al Qaeda, the Taliban, etc wouldn't exist

But we know it happened and the US supported Jihadists terrorists, end of story. Anything else is speculation on your part.

wait I just realized

>pogroms

Oy vey I wonder who is behind these posts

>WHO FUCKING CARES?
>NOT OUR PEOPLE, NOT OUR PROBLEM
You're a horrible human being.

>>bring them to our shores
>If that happens it can be handled.
And what if your expectations are unrealistic?
I know, let's find out AFTER the Soviets (or whoever) have a stranglehold on the whole rest of the world.

Don't forget, before WW2, we were the world's 13th largest military power, ranking just below Romania.
...so you''re a cunt.AND a fool.

The world is connected, friends. What should we do?
Oh! I know, ally with a genocidal communist dictator to destroy the literal last hope of the nations and peoples of (white) Europe. Ally with the guy who wanted a communist world revolution to kill the other guy who desired an alliance with Great Britain, respected the sea dominance of the anglosphere and was concerned with Eurasia and the greatest enemy of communism there is. Let's bomb continental Europe into rubbel, so communism can conquer half of Europe, so the global financial capitalist system can turn us all into its slaves and we can establish the (((liberal world order))).

But sure, let's remember to demonize Hitler and the Nazis and their pogroms and mass murder, while making the multifold worse mass murdering ideology a cornerstone of victory and turning it into the edgy, cool thing for our youth while their (((marxist professors))) take over our universities, so our traditions, families, values and society can get deconstructed. - It's not like the guy you killed had warned you about any of this a thousand times.

>But we know it happened and the US supported Jihadists terrorists,
So now they were "Jihadists terrorists" BEFORE we got involved?

>Oy vey I wonder who is behind these posts
I was raised Catholic.

Yes

I thought that was clear

so was Bill Maher

Theodor Adorno became a protestant theologian aswell, as far as I am aware.

>implying the Russians were our friends, and we didn't just have a situation convenient to fighting our mutual enemies.
I suppose we should have backed the Nazis while simultaneously fighting their allies in Asia?
Because that's where your personal political tastes take you?

>So now they were "Jihadists terrorists" BEFORE we got involved?
>Yes
So how do you blame us for making them Jihadist terrorists?

>I was raised Catholic.
>so was Bill Maher
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking

IF you had really sided with the Reich, Germany would have never allied to Japan or persuaded them to stop the attack. Besides the war between Japan and you started, because you forced them into attacking you with your embargos - and to the Reich - years before any "official" act of war between you. Just like the US government knew of the - ultimately ineffective - attack on Pearl Harbor long in advance, but used it as a casus belli as the gulf of tomkin incident for Vietnam and other convenient half-truths or lies later as in Iraq or Afghanistan, or Libya and Syria. In any war. "The first victim of war is truth."

The Reich never was your enemy. Hitler didn't care about the USA. He was however an enemy of a very powerful, very wealthy, very influential cabal of international elements who control the world to this very day.

Maybe if Germany wanted to avoid war they could have stopped breaking peace treaties and conquering Europe.

>when you make an absolutely abhorrent post

Poland doesn't describe a "a very powerful, very wealthy, very influential cabal of international elements" either now do they?

Didn't stop you from invading them.

Oh that Hitler though, just fighting a battle against those mean ol' Polish elites. Dindu nuffin.

Why is every leaf on this board such cancer? One thing I know: I will not be sad when your country disappears in the world order you love so much.

top shit germany, good post ahaha

fuck i hate canada

Why did your country lose two wars against Canada?

If you don´t know shit, then why do you open your mouth? Oh yeah, you´re a FUCKING LEAF

Oh yes, I am sure, the great impressive armies of Canada were the reason for the loss of the Reich! And not the USA and the Judeo-Bolsheviks and International Jewry.

I am literally shaking awaiting the
>grand invasion of Canada

Yes, they lose, because they kill Canadians. Like Trudeau says.

>The Taliban are a Pakistani* creation.

As terrible as SA is, Talibs are from Pakistan created and funded madrassas.

This was the last grand invasion of Canada, D-Day, and we kicked your ass and got further than any other landing squad and were the first group that had to stop advancing to avoid being outflanked. Krauts BTFO.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juno_Beach

We also manufactured lots of bombers to kill Kraut children.

> d-day
> fighting against russian POWs in German uniforms
> 90% of Germans on the eastern front

well done bitchboy

we'd wreck you one one one easy, do you even have tanks?

>you
I can also cherry pick one German machinegunner who killed about 1,000 GIs. And more importantly: YOU did nothing, you sad, pathetic neckbeard, basement dwelling leaf. Also: the very world order you fought for and your people died and killed for, is destroying your nation even more quickly than Germany.

Very impressive victory indeed, Untermensch!

Can we go to war against Canada, mein Führer? I'm all up for it! I think: the burgers wouldn't mind, if we took care of the Canadian question!

idiotic decisions like this got us in this mess in the first place

who gives a fuck about canada, not sure about you boys, I think you definitely need a civil war into military coup, but over here should be focusing on annexing western parts of slovenia and north italy first and foremost

NATO article 5. Canada recently went to war after America invoked it.

>those primers
wew

>US foreign policy discussion
>it's not our responsibility when we arm religious fanatics and let them loose in a region with a power vacuum

It'd be significantly better. A unprosperous, unsatisfied population and a weak government creates a power vacuum for opportunitistic terrorist groups. The recruitment base for ISIS and Al Qaeda comes from disenfranchised young males and a power vacuum. It's the reason why Turkey, Egypt and so on haven't been overthrown by religious fundamentalists.

>war, war has changed