No Poo movement

irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/want-great-hair-just-stop-rubbing-chemicals-into-it-442925.html

What do you think about that trend of women who refuse to wash their hair because muh chemicals and muh patriarchy?

No jokes about India please, "poo" is for shampoo.

do you realize that you can wash your hair with just water?

i tried that and my hair turned nasty. now i just use a natural shampoo for 1 dollar more.

It is not specific to women but it doesn't work. Your hair will look nicer and be easier to manage but will develop dandruff. The problem is that humans did not wash under a shower, and various other things we do are different to ancient times. We would have washed in a stream with a much greater flow of water, for instance. We would also not sleep in the same type of bedding and so on.

Enjoy the pollutants and particulates resting on your head.

Buy a natural shampoo with no additives, parabens, etc. It's a huge market

I don't use shampoo either

Ice cold water to wash hair

What the hell. I've been washing my hair with water only for years now. It's fine. Stop wasting money on pointless cosmetic products. Some of that trash is even harmful to your skin.

What do you think humans did for millions of years?
Have shitty and unattractive hair because of a lack of soap?

It's fine to do if the chemicals are causing your anxiety and itchiness.

My depression left when I went nofap/nopoo/cold-showers/natural deodorant (mix beeswax with coconut oil and trace amounts of tea-tree oil and baking soda + wood oil fragrence)

prehistoric humans didn't have to look presentable

Who /cold showers/ here?

I've heard it raises testosterone and helps grow your beard.

>what is natural selection

my point is if attractive hair without shampoo could be done, it would be done

>he doesnt no poo

And it is done, by millions of people
All shampoo does is dry out your hair, which just causes it to produce more oil
I only condition my hair and it is beautiful

hot shower with shampoo and conditioner (4 full chemical luxury,) but end with cold water to close pores and protect hair
~colder is better~

>My depression left when I went nofap/nopoo/cold-showers/natural deodorant (mix beeswax with coconut oil and trace amounts of tea-tree oil and baking soda + wood oil fragrence)

Did a witch turn you into a bear or something?

natural selection didn't select for me to live in north america and go to an air conditioned environment where i am expected to look as if i showered in the morning and washed all the oil out of my hair

Nothing. I've only seen them on /pol.

been doing nopoo for over 2 years now, hair is healthy as fuck would reccommend

making comfortable things uncomfortable doesn't make it healthier

How u no explode from "backlog" of poo?

>The problem is that humans did not wash under a shower, and various other things we do are different to ancient times.
But they washed themselves and used lye for hair and clothes. Couple of milleniums isn't enough?

just don't eat lad, it isn't that hard my aussie m8

I wash my hair with some bar shampoo made up of like a dozen different oils. Lathers up real well, cleans as good as normal shit. Makes my hair really fucking soft too apparently.

Yeah just use the good stuff every other day or so

Shampoos do have a negative effect on the oils your hair as described in the article, but it depends on the intensity of what surfactant it has. Typically, the more effective it is a cleaning your hair, the more oils it will clean out, and the worse it will make your hair look. In most shampoos the surfactant used is some type of Sulfate, and you can buy Sulfate-free shampoo if that's too strong. Sulfates are mild and shampoos made with them are meant to strike a balance between style and actually cleaning your hair.

Still, there's no evidence that the """chemicals""" in shampoo cause permanent damage to your hair.

Tried for 2 months.
My hair looked bad so I am re reverted to pooing my head

This. It didnt change anything for me. I even cut my hair during those times.

What I do use sometimes is that of a shea butter mask for my hair since it dry. It has gotten better but its not how i want it to be.

Been there, done that, doesn't work

If you are maxmising hair feel/health then cold showers will all natty shampoo + conditioner is the only way to go

I've noticed that my hair has a shittone more volume with >week of no shampoo though

its true

in fact, hair has super powers, google FBI and Indian (native american) Hair

Indian Hair is Ubermensch , as it can supernaturally sense the environment like antennas , and must be taken care of naturally , with the least amount of man made chemicals , etc.

>because muh chemicals and muh patriarchy?
It has nothing to do with that, just about not falling for the shampoo jew. Stop using shampoo for enough to time (it was like a month for me) and you scalp will stop needing it, just like you don't need to soap your face for it to not be greasy.

I wash my hair with just water every day, and it looks better than when I used shampoo. Only like once a month (at most) does it need further cleaning, and then I use a couple of honey teaspoons diluted in water to wash it back to normal.

> Some product isn't good because muh bullshit

This is nothing new. Some women would literally put mayonnaise in their hair to give it more body and shine in the 80's (mayo = eggs).

There were claims that Pantene Pro-V and Herbal Essences put wax in your hair in the 90's.

I remember women not blowdrying their hair after using conditioner because they were afraid it was just "frying" their hair.
Eggs are great for your hair, but conditioner is better.

Wax buildup in your hair prevents shit from staying stuck, and does not make your hair bad in some fashion.

A blowdryer does not get near hot enough to "fry" your hair.

These kinds of dumb fucks should stop pretending to be scientists, if they are utterly incapable of thinking scientifically.

It's scientifically proven brah

>he fell for the jew

>do you realize that you can wash your hair with just water?

Been doing this for years. I don't even use soap to wash with, I use a scrub brush to remove the layer of dead skin and just rinse off.

I feel a lot more comfortable, my skin never gets dry or itchy.

Sapindus (soapnut)

Shampoo is really bad for you hair and you shouldn't really use it more than twice a week.

My hair looks thicker and fuller since I cut back on shampoo and used a natural conditioner like coconut oil.

This is not a meme, it works.

I quit using shampoo two years ago as a last-ditch effort to control dandruff. I just use a cheap conditioner now. Works great.

Doesn't bother me.

Of course, I also don't think women should shave their pits or legs so I'm probably degenerate.

Obviously something you don't understand

Armpit hair on women is the patrician's fetish my burger-fond chum.

My girlfriend does not use any shampoo, and her hair is perfect - soft, never frizzes, looks shiny, smells good, etc. It's not a meme.

Slice citrus fruits lemon, lime, orange, soak in water. Poof natural shampoo

I stopped using shampoo to wash my hair over a year ago and then switched to some aloe vera shampoo that's made for dogs and it's awesome so I use that a couple times a month, I have nicer hair than most people that I see.