How do we fix the "Im depressed and therefor don't have to go to school or get a job" NEET problem?

How do we fix the "Im depressed and therefor don't have to go to school or get a job" NEET problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2013/06/01/after-your-job-is-gone/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

delete /r9k/

Make jobs more exciting and rewarding.

Gas chamber

cut off their arms and legs

end gibsmedat

right now, the choice is
>get paid for working
>get paid for sitting on your ass playing video games

remove gibs and it changes to "work for a living or starve to death". much better. you'd be surprised how many of them magically overcome their "depression" when they actually have to.

Stop letting stupid and shitty parents have kids.

I live in Ohio, Burgerland. I'd love to know how a white 28 year old can get paid for being a degenerate and if it pays more than the $14.50/hr I'm currently making.

Yeah let's make them more expensive to take care of. No wonder Japan is in deep shit with thoughts like that.

destory internet

>you'd be surprised how many of them magically overcome their "depression" when they actually have to.
this

Make adderall free.

Promote working men and give incentives for actually working. Doesn't even have to be more pay, something like discounts at certain stores advertising fathers day, valentines for the guys, basically making men feel wanted.

After that the pieces will fall into place

World war III and recolonization of shit skin countries.

It most certainly will in real terms if you have a serious health condition. You can secure 5x a working stiffs wage for the medical industrial complex.

That's why communism is a shit.

this

Labor camp

I'm depressed and go to work 6 days a week. I was much more depressed at home everyday.

The NEET thing is a meme. No one on here over 21 is a NEET. There's no way they'd get by.

Send them on a journey.

Create a society with a proper and available role for young men and women.

gg boomers every generation before you did it but you fucked it up. Suffer.

who says we'll be taking care of them? this is so they'll fit in the drum cans more easily

>Just stop being depressed
AND JUST BE YOURSELF YOU CAN BE CHAD IF YOU JUST BEEEE YOURSELF

End benifits.
If they are mooching off their parents the it is their parents problem. However, the neets being state funded will either get to work or die. Both options are satisfactory.

Get a feminist wife.You will love your job

End taxes.

Stop outsourcing work from home jobs to Ravinder's Call Center and Goat Brothel. Plenty of people just can't function in the horror of the modern office and will sperg out if forved.

I usually think the MRA shit is gay, but this might actually be a good idea. It would atleast provide a stimulus to the economy on fathers day.

Based nip

Put them in labor camps.

>JUST BE YOURSELF
Isn't that the problem? Don't be yourself, be like Ron. Ron has a job.

Welcome to the NHK was correct.

Girl at my work is going out with a classic '''''depression''''' case. Sleeps till 2pm, goes and smokes weed all day with his NEET friends, leeches off her pay until his bennies arrive then goes out partying til they run out, then when he's skint blames the system and has a depression attack until she stops telling him to stop being lazy.

Personally I think them and their enablers should be gassed. They get one shot at therapy to prove they need it or not. If not, they either join society or get the chamber.

It's just not natural. People were not meant to densely clump into small spaces like that. I've worked from home for the past few years (voice over dude) and I gotta tell you, I'm so much more relaxed and less on edge all the time. I feel like my time is actually my own.

Literally who

>They get one shot at therapy to prove they need it or not. If not, they either join society or get the chamber.
as a depressed person i support this

Tfw the chamber sounds pretty good.

NEETs should be deported to Africa

Oy vey, its anudda Nanking.

>Mfw useful idiots like the Germans literally beg to be cleansed

Its not that am depressed user. Its that I just don't care.

>tfw NEET since Highschool ended 12 years ago
whats the problem again?
my Life as a NEET is actually wonderful.

you really need to unfuck your pronouns

Just actually let them get thrown out on the streets to die. Some will probably rot to death, but most will stop being passive, for better or for worse.

I am not even sure what I would do if I was on the streets for a while but I know I won't feel motivated to change as long as I can leech off my single-mother.

Is anyone here really a NEET?

>hate the government
>hate the people
>they literally have to pay for me to continue existing

Goodnight alt-lite!

You cant. Trumpcucks are unemployable dipshits and we just need to wait for their parents to die off, which will ultimately kill off the trump-supporting NEETs when their food/shelter is cut off.

its not that easy to get paid for being a neet here and if you do youre going to get less than 1k a month

Now THIS is a true pro right there.

All those 'boohoohoo, i have been unemployed for 2 years, i'm such a NEET boohooohoo' fucks need to fuck right off.

>Is anyone here really a NEET?
Yes

Not sure about US, but that is possible in countries with high enough welfare and good social services. That lifestyle is demotivating as fuck especially if people start to sink into NEETdom right after school and don't bother do anything else except just drinking, partying or hanging in the Internet.

The real problem with NEETdom is that people want status and respect from their peers and some sort of purpose in their life. With the society were living in we are basically like the plebs in ancient Rome, just leeching off of free bread and watching circus and gladiatorial games ad nauseaum, completely detached from real life, work and production. It might be fun and alright for a while, but it gets boring and downright depressing at some point if you don't progress anywhere and don't seem to have any options for that matter. That's when people shut down and turn inwards in shame, away from the society.

The thing is just that space is running out. Too much people, too little jobs, too little bread to go around. Back in the days they had these things called "wars" and "colonization" which made it possible to channel the extra manpower in a more productive manner. No they do the complete opposite, just sit on your ass and do nothing while we bring 2 million Ahmeds here to share your cake. Of course the system is going to crash at some point if we keep up like this, but when that happens, we'll at least solved the NEET problem as there will be quite a rough ride ahead of us.

Sup Forums I just got my first job working at subway, about to get my first check tomorrow
($10 an hour)
Am I too far gone?
I'm 18.

152 081 000 / 324 420 000 = 0.46877812711 = the percentage of the USA population that is employed. 46%. Less than half.

With automation this will only decrease. NEETs are the future.

With WW3

Make min wage livable and make jobs available to everyone

Can't move out if I can't pay for my fucking living expenses

No. I didn't work until I was 19.

Depressed kids on average are self diagnosed or minimal tier. Majorly depressed "treatment resistant" reporting in.
>be me
>to depressed to get out of bed
>some hours later, don't want to piss where I sleep
>use restroom and eat my one meal a day, even if I'm not hungry
>be raped by persistent thoughts of morbidity, inferiority, incompetence and the like for remaining hours of consciousness
Existence is suffering

Send them all to Canada.

Im not depressed for some stupid reason. I'm depressed because now its either flip burgers for $200 a week with no chance of ever getting full time or go 50k into debt for college just to not find any work and get paid shit anyways.

Came here to post this.

you can always go to school, scraping a few 1000 per year is nothing

Done.

you should try skipping the meal and instead fast for two days.

the ghrelin stimulating your dopamine receptors will seriously impact your depression. try sleep deprivation, too, it has a similar effect.

>No. I didn't work until I was 19.
WTF had my first job at age 12.

talk some psychiatrist or psychologist into diagnosing you with some shit that qualifies you as "unable to work" and you can live off autism bux
chronic depression or some anxiety disorder are the go-to diagnoses for NEETs

Plus existential angst is born out of leisure. Ask tribal people what depression is. They don't have a word for it.

Does that even work for you, or anyone? I've tried both IR and XR at like 60mg (and counting) and I would need a pot and a half of coffee and a handful of cigarettes to do almost anything besides piss 80 times a day

>tfw

I do both of those pretty often
t. Amphetamines

There just aren't enough jobs for everybody this is a fact and young people suffer from it the most. Instead of blaming individual people blame the system in which they live understand the conditions which create these people. There's a reason why we have a NEET epidemic, why a lot of millennials are struggling to buy houses and move out, why people are not getting married, why more people are turning to drugs etc. You might have it easy today but we live in an age of economic uncertainty and you just don't know when the house of cards will fall. BTW, I'm not a NEET, I'm studying to be a Lawyer and also work yet I have deep fears that I will not get a job. The economic anxiety is killing me. I also fear my job will be taken by AI. I fear that I will have to change into a different field (STEM) but the field will be in over supply or I won't be good enough for it. I fear.. a lot. I just don't see how I can go through a period of 5-10 years of financial stability in this rapidly changing world that for me seems to be falling apart like dominoes.

Getting rid of welfare will solve nothing and will make things worse.

We millennial are the ones who have it easier btw. The next generation is completely fucked.

The whole system is collapsing right before our very eyes. Our social institutions especially and thanks to over-socialization people are more depressed than ever despite higher standard of living. The Internet has DESTROYED the younger generation. I can go on and on but it's late at night.

NEETs are the human equivalent of the beautiful ones in Calhoun's Mouse Utopia experiment.. they are the symptom of a dying system, society and ultimately civilization and there will be more of them as the years go by.

I have nothing against NEETs. They are NEETs for a reason. They are damaged, I don't blame them. I blame the system that was created for us.

probably not. to qualify as a real NEET you must have no high school diploma or higher.
must not follow any education or training
must not be employed

real talk

Stop listening to depressing / stressful music. Don't listen to millenial shit if that's not your thing.

I'd go postal in about one week if forced.

>I'm studying to be a Lawyer and also work yet I have deep fears that I will not get a job. The economic anxiety is killing me. I also fear my job will be taken by AI.
>The whole system is collapsing right before our very eyes. Our social institutions especially and thanks to over-socialization people are more depressed than ever despite higher standard of living.

This. Also studying to be a lawyer, prospects look really good atm, but that's just the surface: one big bump in the economy and this country goes to hell with the rest of the world. Really afraid of what the future will bring, thinking of joining the legion actually. Would be quite useful when thinking about the future.

These retards don't know anything. Like the dumb fuck boomers who fucked us over it's always the millenials fault and never the underlying systems we inherited as if people are ISOLATED bags of meat in a vacuum which are not influenced by the society/environment which they find themselves.

I honestly can't wait for this shit show to come crashing down. This house of cards that is built upon lies. Only when the Middle Class truly dies, only when it becomes near impossible to buy a house for a young person, only when finding a job immensely difficult due to over supply and globalization and only when the financial elite crash the whole fabric of the economy down to the ground will these people learn to not blame individuals who have no POWER (NEETs, the homeless, beta males, etc.) and instead blame the people who have all the POWER

Our societies are geared towards women so men are checking out.

>tfw can't gf do to crippling paranoia
>last attempt ended because I was "100% certain" she was trying to kill me using witchcraft
>tfw you don't even believe in witchcraft, but your certain she was trying to cast spells anyways
>tfw you can't tell anyone your problems without being sent to the looney bin
>tfw psychological help would cost me 300$ an hour plus prescriptions
Why work when you can't even function in society anyways, and couldn't afford treatment even if you wanted to admit that your broken.
>tfw molested by your own mother

Right? You get it. Us millennials don't have the fucking luxury of having economic certainty for the rest of our lives. A lot of people my age are simply anxious about their future and studies show this. This is why we're depressed. This is why we're not getting married. This is why we're turning to drugs and to the Internet and video games as our means of escape. Our grandparents walked into jobs and stayed with the company for 40 fucking years. Is that even possible these days? Hardly. We're the byproduct of the systems we live in. This is the world that we live in. You can't compare us to our parents and grandparents because we live in a completely different world.

Just look at globalization alone. Nowadays you don't compete with your people from your suburb, city or even country. You compete with billions of people all around the world. This is what we're dealing with. Yet the capitalists want us to accept this? As if competing with a billion chinks and pajeets is a good thing. Now you can say that all this is a meme and that we should all just studying electrical engineering instead of being lawyers who will have their jobs automated. Well guess what? Those fields are already in OVER SUPPLY and if you get more people into them you will just get an over supply meaning people will not get jobs or you will get a decline in wages. If everybody was a doctor or an engineer or a computer programmer then these professions wouldn't be making as much as they are now. The fact that they are HIGH PAYING is precisely because there is a limited SUPPLY.

No one is safe is ultimately safe. We're in an incredibly fragile system that can be break any day now I feel. All of us can feel it. If you're doing well now -- well it's easy to just ignore it. But if you're not doing well.. then you feel it breathing down your neck.

Great fucking piece that goes further into what I am talking about:

techcrunch.com/2013/06/01/after-your-job-is-gone/

Hopefully the tech boom crashes soon so we can start to really make the changes needed to the systems we live to avoid descending into neo-feudalism and anarchy.

grow a pair of nuts faggot

You're unmotivated, find somenthing you like and practice that till you get rich, there are other jobs besides feminist dance therapy, even if it's somenthing retarded like a balloon shop, if it get the money do it

You got me, man :^)

>jobs besides feminist dance therapy
Dude you are genius milk the childless hags.THNX. We need this here.
here is a rare kranklis for you

underrated & true

yep. that me. no diploma, not in school. I have some training on hydraulic and pneumatic presses, but thats literally just pushing two buttons simultaneously. i am unemployed.

>Our grandparents walked into jobs and stayed with the company for 40 fucking years.

Agreed, especially after the war there was plenty of space to go around. And there were "exhaustion pipes" for those who didn't fit in. My father dropped out of uni in 60s and he literally just walked into a port and went to the sea with the next ship. Now you need a 3-year degree to even tie a boat to the harbor (not even joking, happened here in Finland) or some sort of a certificate to be able to just sell ice cream or work in a kitchen.

He even told that he ran out of money while traveling in West Germany in the 60s or 70s and he just went to shovel coals into some company, just like that, for a while until the next pay day. Nowadays they would just laugh you out and tell you to fill in an internet application.

Worst part here is that usually you don't really work directly for the company but some kike-nose jew company that is renting out your work to this company. Basically they call you if they need you, and if it is a legit shitty company with shitty practices, you can't really complain or else they wont ask for your services anymore.

We also have a lot of work that is done by replaceable interns, because internships are required in some degrees, so basically they work free for the companies until they get replaced by the next interns. I've seen some really shit internships during the past year, one was some sort of assistance manager for Ikea: 40-hours per week in Helsinki, no pay, no benefits, nothing, just some work xp.

This isn't even about nuts, just making observations how things have changed.

how though? im genuinely curious.
i know women are favored in court with a lot of things, but how are societies geared toward women? you go to school, you get a good job, and you're successful. doesn't matter what your gender is. please enlighten me. i must be missing something

Serious answer here. This isn't normally something I would support, but a non-profit organization, with private and government funding, can actually make a big difference. We have an organization where I live that helped my "friend" get out of the NEET lifestyle. With industry partners they provided training that could give people a bit of experience in semi-skilled labor work, and it also put them into contact with employers who were sympathetic and would not judge them for resume gaps and whatnot. There were also some paid make-work projects so they could earn a bit of money on top of their NEETbux and give them a feel for discretionary income and the dignity of earning your own money.

Make home ownership affordable.
Problem solved.

Men and women have different interests and thus vote differently.

Women tend to vote more for left and liberal parties, because they're about social justice, equality and feminism (these are usually conflated), daycare, abortion rights, etc.
Traditional right wing conservatives on the other support traditional gender roles, are pro-life and are for "each one for him/herself" type of meritocracy to simplify things a bit. Most men vote for them, because men are more self-reliant than women.

Bascially it all burns down to the question whether people are equal or not and if government should guarantee this equality in some way (positive discrimination, quotas, lowering standards for women).

>resume gaps

Oh yeah, this one is a big problem if people are too long on welfare and sink into NEETtdom. You can try to patch it up with voluntary activity tho. Current job I have I got mainly because of amateur theater activity, not solely because of education or previous work experience.

Also not being a total fucking burger in the interview helps a lot.

Getting out of long-term NEETdom really isn't a simple thing. You can try lying, but employers can be pretty good at sniffing out bullshit when they want to, and if you are at a certain age (mid 20's and up) and applying for unskilled entry level work they will automatically be suspicious of you. A program like the one I mentioned is good because the employers are on the same page as you, they know that you are trying to stop being a NEET and they want to help.

Learn a trade you fucking piece of shit. I was hired as a tool room attendent and now I have 5 years XP and make 23+ an hour as a machinist. There is work out there. Maybe not the job you think you deserve, but you have to want it instead of being a crying little faggot cunt.

>they will automatically be suspicious of you

Why tho? If you're applying to a unskilled entry level position, shouldn't you be at least on the same line as the rest of applicants? One could even consider that mid 20's and up person would have an edge over the younger people, 'cause they have more life experience and are more mature.

Anyone else hate how "depression" and "social anxiety" are just fashion accessories now to some people?

>Tfw mummy May is coming for their Neetbux

Staying home and living on the bux while playing video games and shitposting on Sup Forums doesn't count as life experience.

Yeah, but I mean how is it a bad thing really? How does it make you unemployable?

Forced sterilization if they live on benefit and express no desire to work.

Ban on electronics and entertainment since it's not a necessity.

Full yearly audit where resources they didn't use are returned to the state.

Given SNAP cards that only work on actual food items. Chips, soda, candy, luxury items all get declined.

Seize all assets and make them state assets. They can have them back if they decide to be human again.

>Be me
>32 Years old
>Never Spent a day in Uni
>Worked my way up
>Even fired twice
>Marketing Director for company with $40 million annual revenue

Work takes work. Kiss ass. Learn from others. Dedicate your time learning about your career path. It's not that hard.

Tired of my generation whining about everything.

As an example, I've worked in security and those people definitely would appreciate a more calmer and mature approach towards "customers" than some 18-year old gun-ho snot noses have. There aren't really requirements for the basic security guard job and frankly it is pretty easy job for a NEET depending on what you're supposed to do.

NEETs don't see a reason to work. We need to give them a reason through a means other than punishment.

>What's the point man? I can just sit inside and watch hentai and I'm comfortable. Why go out and work?

We need to inspire some greater purpose, somehow