What would you realistically tell Trump to do with his 1,000,000,000,000 infrastructure plan?

What would you realistically tell Trump to do with his 1,000,000,000,000 infrastructure plan?

I think we should lay down fiber optic cables across the US first and foremost.

Infrastructure can never be fixed without fee-for-use pricing.

Roads need to be pay by mile times vehicle weight, not by some shitty gasoline tax.

>fiber optic cables across the

Sure. After your net neutrality is gone, you can enjoy preselected corporate media @GBs

>lay down fiber optic cables across the US first and foremost.

Does precisely jack shit for the last mile.

BUILD A FUCKING WALL

That last mile is already wireless. Deal with it.

Repairing the dams and levees and bridges would be fucking nice.

Upgrading sewer systems in big cities would also pay dividends for generations to come (but you would have to make sure the cities don't squander the money, probably shouldn't even let them get involved beyond watching).

OP,

Who should own the fiber cable that you wish for?

I heard your electricity infrastructure is reliable afk

public paying for fiber optic
at&t and comcast manage and profit from all of the fiber
Good Idea!
people already pay for internet, it comes in the form of a cable/phone bill. why do you want to pay for it twice?

Good point. I lived in the pacific northwest for a while and the power would regularly go out during high winds. Lots of potential for improvement there.

The main thing is that the focus should be on federal infrastructure first, then the remainder spent on long term stuff corrupt cities typically ignore, like sewers, but again don't let them handle the project at all or they're divert funds to corruption.

Yes they can. It's the law of averages. Setting up complex systems to facilitate that kind of taxation structure is insane, costly, and totally unnecessary. It's just like an all you can eat buffet. When run properly everyone pays the same price and it's profitable.

infrastructure is a meme to give retards busy work to do, most of the roads and bridges are in the middle of nowhere and are eroded by nature while rarely being used. he should give the money back to people to spend on things they need.

it is, and it's fine. the infrastructure subject is a meme that is good for campaigning.

Dams and Levees.
Oroville and New Orleans.

Stop insisting the world conform to your ideology.

Camps and an upgraded railway network.

>fix roads and bridges
>rebuild detroit and wins some points
>improve efficiency of public transport
>preserve national parks

Fuck off

roads need to be owned by the local community on which they are laid on, if their state causes an accident then the community in question is liable

shitty roads problem solved

kek

I live in a city where the electric and internet are a co-op. Only time there are outages are when someone crashes into a pole, and repairs begin immediately. The internet speed/price isn't very good at $50/4mb (no other ISP) but at least they laid fiber optic across rural countryside.

I am a Libertarian. I don't actually believe in Infrastructure.

>Fiber optic across most of US
>Public transportation across all of US, based on high-speed rail connecting most major cities

These seem to be the two best ideas so far

21st century ovens. clean coal. 1800°F

it should all be handled on a local level desu, and failure to provide competition should be litigated at a state or federal level

>High speed rail
אחי אל תזכיר לי

I don't know why people complain about Comcast so much. I'm happy with the speeds here. Looking forward to DOCSIS 3.1 getting rolled out.

the only people who constantly whine about fiber optic are faggot gamers and fat fucks that torrent movies all day

Gotta put the refugees somewhere. They like it warm, right?

1 Roads and Bridges
2 fiber optic
3 nuclear power
4 high speed rail

Put dams in at 3 and move the rest down

Why can't the free market pay for infrastructure like fibre optic? Donald is going to make YOU pay for it so private companies can dodge the costs and reap ALL the profits. Sad!

We don't have a free market

EPB chattanooga TN fastest internet in world owned by the people