How to play 4D Chess?

Hey Faggots, is there any game (RTS perhaps) that can train your 4D chess Skills? I want to practice thinking steps ahead, building a strategy, adapting strategy, thinking 4D. Any came that can teach that.

Dwarf Fortress sounds complex but i think you need to be initiated to the art of thinking in 4D in order to play it? DEFCON is not complex enough and boring?

Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

gravitation3d.com/xezlec/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chess

Learn about how people/organizations react, study patterns, compare

>Any suggestions?
get out and build a business empire

EVE if you're really lazy, cowardly, or poor

homeworld (remastered)

Geo-political simulator 4

Is there anything fast paste, with a nice learning curve? Im really after the ability to think steps ahead.

Chess, nigger

Learn to play GO.

Infinitely more deep than Chess, exponentially more simple ruleset.

the downside is you will need to play against other people because computers are too retarded to play competently.

XCOM. I'll probably get called a giant pleb for saying this, but Enemy Unknown is way better to start on than the clunky UI shitfests that were the first few games.

Turn based squad tactics that requires you to be on top of your shit and not make any stupid moves. Sometimes it's bullshit (the infamous "missing with 99% chance to hit" meme), but most of the time it's because you were shit at planning and got flanked.

I play company of heroes but that's more like fast paced RTS.Multitasking and resource management kind of.

Victoria 2 heart of Darkness. Or the others by this maker.
Also, fallout 2 or fallout tactics
Xcom
Total war series is OK
Baldurs gate is good but lots of larper content to digest.
I also like civ series.

I mostly play Rts.

Play War Games European Escalation

this. Go is n-th dimension chess where n is the size of the board

Fighting games
Card battle games
RTS/MOBA

Read the Art of the Deal.

Practice some full-3D shootan skills too.
You never know when you'll end up on a space station with the lights out.

I mean TBS not rts

Dwarf Fortress is as redpilled as fuck, given the proper mods.

Chess is a battle, Go is a war.

That being said, computers are starting to get very good at it now by raising their retardation to idiot savant levels.

Computer Go started to get really strong after they applied "Monte Carlo" methods to it. In other words, "I have ten things I can do here that are about the same, let's just flip a d10."

also hop on Igo, get BTFO by some 15yr old Nip savant who does nothing but play go for a living and attends go-college whos only purpose is to train him to play go better.

The game is insane in Japan where they've kept detailed records of every professional match ever played.

Easy as shit to learn to play, hard as fuck to learn to play well.
Makes Chess seem like a plebian childrens toy.

Google Scott Adams reading list

I got pwned too many times on IGS on the lowest rating. been playing on Kiseido Go Server (frequented by more westerners) occasionally, but i hate online go.

therre are actually a few go clubs at cafes in my city, gotta hop on that

You came to the right website friend.

someone give me a /this/

>implying that humanity has solved the P versus NP problem.

to make a halfway decent AI it would need to be able to solve NP-Complete problems, like Hamiltonian paths or the knapsack problem.

t. degree in comp sci and refugee from /prog/

>t.smug-ass who doesn't even keep up with the current state of computer Go
All you need to do to win against a human is essentially to swim away from the shark faster than the other guy.
A computer doesn't have to play the perfect move, it just has to be better than the meatbag.

You raging autismo, playing a video game isn't going to teach you anything about 4D chess. Read Scott Adams, Robert Cialdini, and even Dale Carnegie. 4D chess is just a neckbeard's way of saying social psychology.

a fun book on this topic is "The Protracted Game: A Wei-chʻi Interpretation of Maoist Revolutionary Strategy" by scott boorman

Read the book The Antifragile. Steve Bannon recomends it. It inspired and even outlines some of Trumps tactics.
He is just making Antifragile decisions and statements.

Art of War and Dao De Jing are a good starting point.

4D chess is more about funneling people into actions you can predict.

While your enemies will always be out to hurt you, you can mitigate the attack and often times turn it into an advantage for you IF you recognize it.

The enemy will strike, however you "can" control the when / where / and often "how" they strike you by providing false opportunities, taunting them, and generally giving them bait.

Trump lures his enemies into attacking him the way he wants them to attack him. When he does this, it give his the advantage in the skirmish and he comes out on top 9 times out of 10.

Civ 5 with all dlc on the highest difficulty

Thinking, Fast And Slow - Daniel Kahneman

Influence: The Psychology Of Persuasion - Robert Caldini

48 Laws Of Power - Robert Greene

>2 player game
>time limit: one turn
>find gold giving barb encampment on the first turn
>end game.

Play N-Dimensional minesweeper and start thinking in 12D fool.

gravitation3d.com/xezlec/

Without long war and green fog an idiot can win xcom. Just move 1 unit then mass overwatch. Xcom 2 atleast had urgency.

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Victoria 2, especially the part where you can scramble for Africa
Fire Emblem 4

Thanks guys! Does it make a difference if i read it or get it read with the txt to talk feature? Are puzzle games a waste if time?
Also interested in code breaking, anagrams, reading between lines, figuring out patterns. Last game i played was factorio, quite fun but i allways tented to invest too early in new technologies and grow too fast and then trying to compensate with an apocalyptic scale of coal production. The automatisation part was quite fun.

Also is there a dwarf fortress type game that is set in space? No fancy graphics needed im after the gameplay.

>Are puzzle games a waste if time?
I have been on a bit of a mission myself to improve my logic/strategy skills. I would say that puzzle games etc do help quite a bit as they get you used to slowing down and considering all your options before you make a move. Rather than taking rash 'intuitive' actions. They also train you to plan several moves ahead. Well, depending on the game.