Technology is advancing too fast

Whatever good its brought us in the form of smartphones, drones delivering pizza online and virtual reality is going to be offset by lost jobs, less physical activity and less time talking face-to-face with people.

Soon they're going to be talking about how splicing people's DNA, moving to Mars and merging with machines is inevitable. Technology needs to slow down but the Globalists and people like Elon Musk refuses to let us catch our breath.

We really need a Amish-like counter-culture movement.

youtube.com/watch?v=MduM0SCXlqM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4PLvdmifDSk
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Wave_(Toffler_book)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumping in agreement.

How on Earth do we even begin to oppose it?

I'm sorry OP but you are in fact retarded. You seem to be taking these developments at face value, I'm sure you truly believe that social media actually makes people less social too. You accuse the very vague concept of "globalists" for this problem because you once again are just looking for a simple strawman alt-retards can agree with.

If you're this upset that technology is simply getting better at a faster rate, as that is the fucking point, you can go become a Luddite or something.

get load of this cunt

Fuck off OP, go be a luddite elsewhere

>Technology is bad

You and people like you are literally 100% responsible for all of the evils of this world

umba bumga kendital

Just because a thing exists doesn't mean you have to use it.

Hating technology because you can't find a balance in your own life.

polacks in government. Cut government investment in AI research

The things you mentioned aren't a problem. Social media is a problem. Social media is setting humanity back culturally by like 500 years. We are colder and more closed off to each other. That needs to be stopped not pizza delivery men.

Kill the Asians and whites who create this technology. Then, eventually we will all be a mulatto subclass who can't into computers. Wait this is already happening

It's a problem that will solve itself. Humanity will meet its final end through technology.

Either that or it will hit some hard limits soon, which we're already seeing signs of in computing.

>technological progress is bad

If henneraional theory of Strauss and Howe is correct we are in the last few years of the fourth turning, until about 2020-2022 (ish) we will be in crisis, what follows is the "high" a calm period of stasis and forced consensus after a crisis

But this anti-tech movement is something I see becoming a major social shift in the 2040's and 2050's (akin to our 1960's and 70's) after a century of blind trust in technology I can foresee people who determine tech is ruining what humanity we have and activielu try to move agaisnt and resist involving tech in everything

Should be an interesting social movement

We need to embrace it, move into a post scarcity world, devalue everything physical and ascend above materialism.

All the stuff these guys are doing are just baby steps. Don't let the hype fool you we're extremely far away from any of the stuff you're talking about

>Either that or it will hit some hard limits soon

But the thesis of technological singularity is saying exactly the oposite.

That thesis asumes we will be able to build an AI with roughly human intelligence though.
If we could manage that, we would basically kickoff into an exponentional spiral of development.

your entire premise is wrong

The utilization of this advanced technology is going to happen whether you like it or not. What needs to happen is that good people harness it and use it for good faster than evil can use it for its nefarious gains.

Thrust me, even tech has its limits and Musk is more oriented on space tourism and electrical cars than going to Mars.

Automation does have some room to grow, but between the machines and the low wage asians I really dont think we will change that much.

>advancing too fast
No such thing.

>yfw technology brings untold horrors into reality that are otherwise impossible
>yfw technology will bring apocalyptic tragedy
People who are so giddy to rush into new tech are morons desu. They only see the good.

>technological singularity
t. Ray (((Kurzweil)))

A rogue AI would kill the elite/destroy their influence and connect us all with machines to erase division between races and religion.

You should be rooting for the coming of the machine god.

>signs of hard limits
What' it like talking out of your ass?

It's not nearly advancing fast enough.

We should have colonized Mars by now. At this rate we'll kill ourselves much quicker than become a Space race.

You can't slow it down. That's the problem. We just have to learn to adapt

They have no reference frame. Idiocy =/= naivete

Not true. It's like Goldblum character in Jurassic Park: if you don't understand what you're doing, you do not and can not take responsibility of the potentially unknown outcomes.

>potentially unknown outcomes
Such as?

Well "if" we can actually create an AI with roughly Human intellect, the thesis sounds plausible.

But thats a big IF, just like a said earlier.

We need to get into colonizing space before we fall under a global empire.

What's wrong with merging with machines?
If it can help us become more efficient and intelligent then what's the issue?
It would help us progress faster and possibly make people more productive / stop being degenerates.
I'd love a brain implant 2bh.
Ability to suppress urges, ability to view diagnostics about my body, ability to fall asleep / wake up on command, ability to be constantly motivated.
Sounds pretty great.

If we held to our moral values and traditions, the transition wouldn't hurt us that bad.

Cultural integrity must walk alongside technology progressive acceleration

>t. Luddite

This is what I was thinking.

I'd say we are going to revert back to "square-one" several times before we find a suitable path to this technological future.
Many will be killed on that path though.

Let's say we make an army of autonomous killer robots. They wipe out enough humans until no one can perform maintenance on these things. They break down, and the people left say, "Well, that was a total disaster."

Back to square-one

Birth control is part of the reason the West (yes, that includes you) is in the current position it is in.

elon is an advanced ai take the android pill. He's got one of the first quantum micro-engines ever conceived as a processing mainframe. trust me I would know

Yeah I agree also I think we should go back to living in mud huts and squalor as well as having our leaders chosen for us based on the purity of their bloodline.

Globalists and oppressors hate technology, it gives the masses more potential to expose their fraud.

That may be true, however it is not a challenge that cannot be tackled. The west went through hell and back and yet it still endures. Just because it's in decline now does not mean that solutions cannot be found. For me at least its no reason to fear technological advancement since more likely than not it will benefit everyone in the long run.

Butlerian Jihad when?

You ignore the fact that with rising automation the skill ceiling to become an entrepreneur lowers. We could live in a society where 70-90% of the people run their own companies and they actually stay afloat.

Furthermore the increase in automation could allow us to finally move back into rural areas which could help against low fertility rates. You could run your entire business from home and your child could take online classes to obtain his education.

The government doesn't need to tax robots, they should fight against patent trolls to stimulate innovation, and they need to stop treating small business owners unfairly.

Just a thought.

You're an idiot, play a record

Fuck off, Luddite. Just kidding. Seriously though, I completely agree with you. We should slow down the advancement of technology a little bit. Nature and technology CAN co-exist in harmony. I am not opposed to humanity advancing through technology and I dream of a world where nature and technology co-exist in harmony. Indeed, technology is derived from nature. Nothing is truly artificial because everything is a part of nature. For example, a computer might be thought of as 'artificial' but computers are made of carbon atoms and carbon atoms are a part of nature - so computers are natural. Everything is natural. But just because everything is natural does NOT mean that everything is 'good'.

Did anyone notice a specific year when it all began to feel like a bit much? I don't remember feeling as overwhelmed by shit when I was younger.

For me it was around the end of 2014.

Fuck off cuck. If you are so afraid of a machine taking away your job then get a better fucking job.

When it became standard practice to tie games to DRM and make most software subscription based. We need a solar flare so we can start over.

Yes.

The rise of maker machines has, and will continue, to spur innovation and entrepreneurship.

If you can dream it, you can make it without the need to be part of a large corporation. Prototyping and testing can be done in house and large scale production is outsourced to boutique manufacturers.

>DRM
Oh is that the thing that prevents people from making ROM hacks and shit?

Tech has advanced at a snails pace compared to the late 19th and early to mid 20th century. Moron.

As the country gets more brown and stupid you will see technology regress. So go ahead and live off the grid like the Amish but that's not a solution. Pussy.

Personally, I find it to be a bit lacking. All this supposed tech, and yet there is no seamless integration into anything. Pairing two devices is time-consuming and normally comes with problems.

The only thing that gets to me is the whole metadata thing that creates a profile of you and sends targeted ads. It doesn't appear to be malicious, but the data exists and someone is willing to pay for it for whatever reason.

The thing that is too much is the ignorance of the common man, uploading and tagging their own photos on a platform that not only tracks them, but sells data for profit, all in the name of 'being connected'. It's just too fucking weird.

Im really sceptic about the idea of the AI singularity event happening.
Let's say a lab in the US creates a self improving AI first (maybe they already have) - they certainly wont let it roam free and set close limits to its power in order to study it and they definately won't tell anyone about their progress.
Now whoever funded that program (Rothschild etc) will literally be the most powerful entity in the world. Why would they share any of it or let anyone know they have the knowledge? If you think theres a shadow government now, just wait until that AI is unleashed on global financial markets and geopolitical decision making.
But yeah OP, keep worrying about those poor burger flippers.

TECHNOLOGICALLY INDUCED META-DEATH OF HUMANITY

youtube.com/watch?v=4PLvdmifDSk

Possibly in some cases. It's software included with the game that you're forced to install and it does things like restrict the amount of installs you can do or requires you to have a constant internet connection to "authenticate". Steam is a form of DRM, but luckily it's one of the easiest ones to bypass.

Why do you need to bypass DRM at all. Just pay for the games. They are cheap as fuck these days if you actually have a job.

>less time talking face-to-face with people
Nothing wrong with that.

Shouldn't we just ensure we retain our humanity whilst developing technology? Make it clearly distinguishable from the natural world, encourage proper socialization whilst transcending but retaining what essentially makes us "human"

Or something like that

Estoniabro, you ever read Toffler? I bet you have, just curious.

No I haven't.

www.suri.ee /etnofutu /idnateks t/ethno_en .html

You say that, but DRM is a fucking cancer that never works properly and ends up depriving you of what you paid for.

Fukushima is already giving the world record cancer so idk about your "we'll fix it later!" approach

>he believes in the concept of a special attribute only humans have

Guess what that special attribute is our supreme intellect compared to any other animal on this sphere.

There is no other magical "oh this makes us human" thing, besides that.

Next thing you are going to tell me is that you believe in the concept of a soul.
But then discussing with you would literally loose any and all meaning.

>lost jobs,
So onto go into a field that's about to be automated. If you aren't studying something in STEM, you're doing it wrong
>less physical activity
Good thing gyms exist, or you could just go out for a run.
>and less time talking face-to-face with people.
>Implying this is a bad thing
>We really need a Amish-like counter-culture movement.
No we don't, luddite scum.

I didn't say "fix it later", I said to fix it when we can. Fukushima in particular can be fixed at any point, the reason its still a problem is because japs are handling the situation like absolute retards.

>Next thing you are going to tell me is that you believe in the concept of a soul. But then discussing with you would literally loose any and all meaning.

According to your shitty worldview no discussion has meaning. And I was talking about retaining basic human vibes, not waxing lyrically about the soul.

>he doesn't believe consciousness/experience is something not yet understood by science
pleb desu

>>he doesn't believe consciousness/experience is the direct result of the physical matter in your head

Maximum overpleb

Neat, bookmarking for later.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Wave_(Toffler_book)

This book, while borderline Communist drivel sometimes, had some spectacular points of view about the future of society and global markets where technology was concerned, and a lot of his predictions were pretty spot on.

>Technology is advancing too fast

t. retard

>they certainly

the flaw in your assumption.

Don't assume ethical actors when there's money at play.

Why are you experiencing your brain and not mine? Assuming you're not a philosophical zombie? Oh wait, you don't know why.
5th-dimensional plebbery tbqhfam

>According to your shitty worldview no discussion has meaning. And I was talking about retaining basic human vibes, not waxing lyrically about the soul.

Also dont imply that anything i said was even slightly nihilistic, with that "lol then nothing has meaning".

I embrace the continuous advancement of technology, I just disagree with most of the people who will be using it, in a few decades we'll have ultra-advanced technology made by whites yet all the white people who made it are now an ethnic minority and the upcoming tide of Islam will undo so much technological advancement and send us back centuries.

>tfw to smart for technology

filthy Luddite

This
flesh is weak

The answer to all of this is self control. Facebook makes the weak less social, smart phones make the weak less intelligent, etc. Eventually, since there will always be a physical world, there will be a decreasing number of people that are able to manipulate it. Basic skills will become more prized, and people who have kept traditional values will hold more and more power.

I don't know OP, I'd argue that people have been doing that for decades now and technology is being limited in regards to the consumer platform and hence is moving too slow.
Social acceptance of technology however is moving at a brisk pace and it only leaves people wanting more in return, but I see your point, I just think it's a good thing and it encourages people to want more things, and that just continues the cycle of consumers pushing for more technology.
As for your fear of job losses and loss of normal human function and interaction, people were saying that about the first automobile and cellular phones. There will always be those things integrated into our society, and a world where no manual labour is required anywhere is a long way away. The onset of machines taking human jobs is a gradual process and society will adapt; suggesting it will not is kinda like saying there's no hope for a future with research in technology.

>Why are you experiencing your brain and not mine?

What kind of retarded question is that?

I can answer that with basic logic, because we are different biological entities.

>technology is too slow
buddy the speed of technology is being slowed down for maximum profits already

You can look at it that way: when almost no humans needed, almost no humans needed to be exploited.

Welp in the meantime we're all gonna die of cancer.

So I'll take "foreigners mishandle dangerous technology creating long-lasting deleterious effects (and fail in managing or rectifying the situation)" as a legitimate reason to be wary of rushing headlong into any technology.

Some problems do not have feasible solutions.

>what's wrong with having proprietary software fused with your brain and vital organs
Tech heads are such good goyim

Technology is the religion of the 21th century.
We are witnessing how it gets hijacked just like the abrahamic religions back then.

Philosophical zombie detected. Please don't reply to my posts again since you're obviously not truly self-aware. Come back when you have a rudimentary understanding of the feeling of what consciousness is.

Genetic variance, developmental variance, and environmental variance.

Even a perfect clone would not be exactly like you or act perfectly like you, due to the imperfect nature of our biology and our differing in development.

You are held captive by the neural pathways you were cursed to possess, a slave to the chemical-secreting glands of your body. Introducing foreign chemicals would effectively 'kill' what makes you, well, you.

A simple blow to the head could permanently change how you act, how you perceive the world, and how the world perceives you.

We need to bomb google.

>I'm too dumb to understand technology
>Huurrrr duuuurururr lets ban it xDDD

Oh boy

>Implying it hasn't already happened.

Samaritan won.

>I can't foresee god-like powers gifted through technology being misused in any way
>I am a retarded man, yes

>Amish

Meme ideology/religion. If anything take the Varg-pill, neo-tribalism.

I support technological advancement, we need to get off this shitskin infested rock. The white man will conquer the stars.

Explain actually "being here" then faggot. I know what I'm made of and how I function, but consciousness is a different matter- maybe an inherent quality of the universe?

>see thread
>0 mention of "retroculture"

Ya'll niggas gotta check out Lind's Bizarre Adventure.

>Amish-like counter-culture movement
Nothing prevents you from joining the amish and let the rest of us enjoy the benefits of thechnology.

Okay so you dont actually have arguments.

Okay. I actually have studied AI and know a lot more about consciousness than some religious retard.

At least what i am saying is logically consistent. We experience different things because we are different entities with different genetical makeup and different input factors and a different input history, our brains perceived so far.

Please feel free to prove that wrong, but you cant.

BUMP, VERY TRUE.