We was Tolkien and shiiet

Seriously why this sjw propaganda ? There were no black people in Lord of the rings except orcs.
No because racism but because middle earth is based in medieval Europe , not in modern Europe.

Other urls found in this thread:

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Haradrim#Traits_and_culture
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who gives a fuuuuuck you nerd.

Shut up Ahmed

Stop buying games that promote racism under the veil of diversity. If you don't buy the game why the fuck do you care?

Literally complaining about BET

Jesus Christ, how horrifying... Seriously, fuck them for trying to alter my favorite fantasy series.

Just make a different game, nigga. Like walk away from the IP.

It's kinda funny, Tolkien is a deeply conservative christian writer, yet nearly all the Tolkien fanboys I've met have been massive nu-male SJW cucks.

Anyone else notice this? It's not like Tokiens beliefs don't show in his books...

But yeah, once again his work is being desecrated by hacks and cucks and kikes.

You are right. I should do more importan things that whine about something that doesnt exist , thank you.

Shut the fuck up nigger nogger kill yourself ape

The southern people that sauron brought in for the war effort had blacks I believe.

neck yourself sven. this is an intentional intrusion into white people things. useless niggers fuck off and go back to africa. no white people are trying to force themselves into your shitty black pandering movies and you should have the decency to stay out of our things.

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Haradrim#Traits_and_culture

they don't read the books, they just see the movies and leave it at that.

>Sweden

>there are no black people in Lord of the Rings
Later, men of Far Harad are described as black-skinned, but there is also a group of them described as "black men with white eyes and red tongues"

Try reading the things you get outraged about, Sup Forums

is the guy in the trailer a Far Harad or some random dude?

That black man in game is Gondorian fellow living in white city...

I'm just fucking sick of this shit.

Video games are no different than Hollywood now. Not to mention, shitting on the lore of such a great series, on many different levels...

>There were no black people in Lord of the rings

Yes, there are. Haradrim are described as being brown skinned, with some in the far south being black. It's true that there aren't any named characters and that they don't really play much of a part in the story other than siding with Sauron and being an evil army, but they definitely do exist in-universe.

Plus that game obviously isn't based on the content of his stories, it's a made up extension solely for the game, it's not that unreasonable that there would be one there.

Although yeah, it is pretty obvious that he is a very token character. I doubt there's going to be any mention of it, or any explanation as to how a southern Haradrim (warring desert tribe people) ended up in his position.

Thank Eru Lord of the Rings was made 17 years ago and not today

WE WUZ SPIDEY N'SHIT

they've niggified almost every comic character and movie that's ever been popular. it's fucking disgusting.

That's why I stick to retro-gaming, indie, and JRPGs,

Don't even own an Xbox one or PS4, just gonna stick to my Vita and 3ds for now.

PC+3DS master race

Those are Gondor soldiers in the trailer.

I do find it interesting, all the talk about white washing and cultural appropriation. How white people should not be casted in certain movies etc. Then these same people complaining about that go on about praising home proggressive when they cast "minority" people into Shakespeare and such.

you are delusional if you dont think this is propaganda. This was a gondorian soldier. and far harad is subsaharan tier. they would never be allowed to be guards or anything except merchants.

I like retro games too, but the problem is, they are limited in number. I've kinda ran out of stuff to play.

Well yeah, it obviously is a token black added in, but that doesn't mean that OP wasn't wrong in saying there are no blacks in LotR

Hell, if there's an explanation of the backstory of how a guy from warring desert tribe people somehow ended up in his position then fair enough, it works in universe, but there almost certainly won't, and there will likely be lots of other black Gondorians with no explanation either.

Shut up nigger

>anything except merchants.
And Gondor likely wouldn't trade with the Haradim based on the fact that they worship the asshole responsible for the fall of their kingdom.

Yeah everyone knows Mordor is Germany, don't need to remind it in every thread.

Spidey will be white in next Avengers movie tho.

wew

He has a scarf, not normal Middle-Earth attire, so he's probably a foreign visitor. He's 100% a quest npc like the dwarf hunter.

>Sweden
Everytime

>Sweden

I've always seen the hobbits as brits and mordor as turkey

my sides

Fuck you Sweden

fucking sweden

Why would they allow a female in prime breeding age in the military? It's the middle ages, you have to have 6 fucking kids to ensure 2 meet adulthood.

it's just a game lmao

so why couldn't one of them have come to gondor? even robin hood had a moor in his merry men

The Shire is specifically based on the Westcountry, not just Brits in general. Other factions have influences from other parts of UK history.

Tolkien ws actually very unspecific about appearances. Posting this proves you only watched the movies and I hate you.

I don't give a shit about the game, I just think Sweden is pure shit.

Why would you have a character with a "I really like want to go to india to like find myself better" haircut?

Tolkien fanboy here, its mostly due to the fact that every self proclaimed "nerd" or "geek" is a liberal douchebag.

>very unspecific about appearances

Not skin color, usually.

Motherfucker.

>Tolkien ws actually very unspecific about appearances.

He was specific about everything you faggot leaf. Clearly you've never read a book before.

dey was elves n shiet, doe.

Fuck off Ahmed

We all know elves and Numenorians have fair skin, I don't recall him being specific about the skin colour of the barbarian tribes do you?

Fair.

Do Balrogs have wings?

Hobbits represent the countryside English folk. And Mordor is Germany, remember LOTR was written partly during the rise of nazi germany, which Tolkien hated. He sent parts of the book to his son who fought for the british army.

Fuck you mehmet.

Rodríguez, this is not a good example of anti white propaganda, there were blacks in the movies come on

>It's kinda funny, Tolkien is a deeply conservative christian writer, yet nearly all the Tolkien fanboys I've met have been massive nu-male SJW cucks.
Watching the movie is not reading the books. The sjw's are people who watch the movie. I have read the books dozens of times.

I enjoyed the movie, and felt it was pretty true to the literature.

I also was reading the books before the cartoon of the Hobbit was made.

My animes balrogs do, and they predate LoTR movies. So in conclusion, I have no idea.

They never read the books just Peter Jackson and Elijah Wood and shiiieeeet WE WUZ NOOMENOR.

It's funny that the same people who whine that movies are being "whitewashed" and that there's to many white people on movies are the same people who want to replace all white people in the media with non whites even when it doesn't make sense.

Then again white people white culture are just social constructs.

>I also was reading the books before the cartoon of the Hobbit was made.
how old are you? 50?

>sweden

Though it's important to note that LOTR isn't an allegory for WWI or WWII.
>The real war does not resemble the legendary war in its process or its conclusion. If it had inspired or directed the development of the legend, then certainly the Ring would have been seized and used against Sauron; he would not have been annihilated but enslaved, and Barad-dur would not have been destroyed but occupied. Saruman, failing to get possession of the Ring, would in the confusion and treacheries of the time have found in Mordor the missing links in his own researches into Ring-lore, and before long he would have made a Great Ring of his own with which to challenge the self-styled Ruler of Middle-earth. In that conflict both sides would have held hobbits in hatred and contempt: they would not long have survived even as slaves.

durin's bane did

Gondor trades with the Haradrim all the time, since they live right next to each other. Also Gondor has never fallen, you're thinking of Arnor

It's not a canon story so it's not really Tolkien's universe anyway. So who gives a fuck?

"Tolkien has become a monster, devoured by his own popularity and absorbed into the absurdity of our time. The chasm between the beauty and seriousness of the work, and what it has become, has overwhelmed me. The commercialization has reduced the aesthetic and philosophical impact of the creation to nothing. There is only one solution for me: to turn my head away." -- Christopher Tolkien

I'm talking about Numenor, of whom Gondor is made of the ones that escaped before Eru sank it beneath the waves because Sauron turned most of them to degeneracy and the worship of Morgoth.

Fuck this shit. Tolkien said the only niggers lived far far away and their existence was questioned. Fucking SJW running my favourite fiction. REEEEEEEEE

WE WUZ

well not allegory, but influenced from. I mean, the whole good vs evil christian theme Tolkien used was literally happening before and during the ww2 (even in ww1). He claimed otherwise but it's impossible not be influenced by one of the greatest events in world history especially having lived in it.

He should have not let them make the movie. The movies were a mistake (apart from the great landscapes and soundtrack)

Maybe blacks could be the inhabitants of Haradwaith and Far/Near Harad and Umbar

All this stuff South of South Gondor ( a debatable and desert land ) has been removed from PC recent editions of the Map of Middle Earth, but I remember it in the edition I have, and if you look you can find early maps that still have it.

Umbar sounds like Umber, which is :

a natural pigment resembling but darker than ocher, normally dark yellowish-brown in color ( raw umber ) or dark brown when roasted ( burnt umber ).

Basically the color of black people

I hope Sweden collapses and you fucking die with a nigger in your arse.

Yeah, definitely influenced, one could write entire texts about his influences(if they aren't already made), from his time in the trenches of WWI becoming Frodo's later character, to his wife nursing him back to health becoming the story of Beren and Luthien, to his devout Catholicism and love of norse and cletic myth becoming the creation stories of Middle Earth.

Where did you find this commentary?

>deeply conservative christian writer
Catholic.
He had nothing to do with your Judaism+Jesus bullshit

Anyone else ready to see the first LotR flop to the tune of a billion dollars because niggers?

When he dies get ready for even more raping of the Tolkien legacy.

It's been my experience that there are two kinds of Tolkien fans: average people who read the books as children and faggots who only watched the movies.

>moor
>complaining about skin colour
Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of ruling England, Normandy, Ireland, Scotland, 2/3 of France, and the Crusader States, maybe if you stopped having civil wars you could rule

Also Sicily and Naples

It's in the foreword to Fellowship, at least as far back as my '74 Ballantine edition.

Aw, sweet. The new Witcher demo is out.

Well that's art, after you do it belongs to everyone interested. They can do whatever they want, but you can choose to stick to the original work if you want. No need to chimp out.

Or to put it another way: the ones that have read the Silmarillon, and those that don't even know it exists.

>It's kinda funny
Not really, it's a contradiction I never could understood - in sixites the hippies and New Left were said to carry two books in their backpacks - Mao's Red Book and Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.
It escapes me how you can on the one side advocate violent change, and on the other, feel the longing to "good old times".

Not Uruks, and definetly not Uruk-Hai.

Theres the Haradrim... but they are a bunch of invaders who side with sauron.... sounds familiar

>He should have not let them make the movie.
He had no saying about it.
The rights to movies and other media things like games are in someone's else hands from the 70ties.

I vaguely remember watching this as a kid and I remember it being pretty good.

I see nothing wrong with creating new characters,as long they dont blackwash or whitewash them.