How fucked is Walmart?

How fucked is Walmart?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/business/2015/jul/02/lidl-1bn-public-development-funding-supermarket-world-bank-eastern-europe
reuters.com/article/us-walmart-pricing-exclusive-idUSKBN1660I4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LhCQ3cz8NAo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

idk what your image is so I'm guessing not very?

>tfw no lidl or aldi close to me
>have to go to more expensive supermarkets instead
fortunately I'm not poor, but I hate spending more than I need

Financed by internationl kikery:
theguardian.com/business/2015/jul/02/lidl-1bn-public-development-funding-supermarket-world-bank-eastern-europe

Fuck you German kikes. Thankfully you get btfo'd by Biedronka.

Aldi is cheap food, I only get canned and dry goods there meat and produce elsewhere

yeah never get meat or cheese at aldi and only canned fruit and vegetables

Aldi is such a joy
Everything is cheap, makes my inner jew happy

Alright you fucking shill, there's an Aldi about 25 minutes from where I live. What's so special about it?

Aldi is a belta

I think I saw an Aldi once about a thousand miles from my home. This will have no impact on my life whatsoever.

Are theses threads an ad campaign? They are being pushed a lot the last few days??

Krauts are AIDS

Thank you based German. I can live of 10 euros a week

Who cares? Them tits just made my dick run a campaign right onto my carpet.

>tfw AH XL is a 2 minute walk from mine
>glorious jumbo or lidl requires tram

Also not poor, but god damn I hate the albert steiners

aldi (hofer) and lidl, the german occupation forces, literally

Sometimes Aldi calls itself Trader Joe's

Why is Aldi called Hofer in third world countries?

>tfw get some delicious beef western ribs at Aldi

Now you're making me think I've been eating human meat and I'm worried.

nothing, all of their generic stuff tastes like oversalted bullshit they use to have cheap bread, milk, and eggs, but even Walmart is edging them out on that now

If you really want to save money, just shop at Walmart

Fucking kid. Tits like that can be found in the dozens on the internet. Her beauty's her face.

Seriously though, have you seen that perfectly pear shaped body leading to a non-roastie vagina? She has all the thicc benefits without the unwanted fat.
That is her real beauty. Too bad she had to get a piercing.

German here. Compared to Walmart in the U.S. the selection of our Aldi and Lidl is rather limited. You can only find general food and drink items. If you need shit like popular electronics you won't find it there.

Aldi is great but much smaller.

Don't know where an LDL is in USA

>Falling for this meme
Tyson chicken Aldi's chicken come from the same plant and the same farms.

What is a butcher shop user

Aldi is where all the poor chavs shop
Lidl is where all the non-whites shop

Theyre both shit and barely sell any proper goods (no mcvities or walkers wtf?)

Lidl is a good quality supermarket that has great bread, meat, fruits and vegetables. They also stated selling A-Brands recently.

Aldi on the other hand.... ohohohooo.... every single aldi you go to here is invaded by turks. Literally everything is just thrown together randomly: there's 4 year old halloween decorations in the freezer, pajamas and panties in a box meant for a stapler, opened half eaten bags of candy and empty cardboard boxes everywhere. They sell weird ass technology that costs 30 euros and it's all called something like "fazio" "gnusmas" and "sorny" the place smells of old paper and rotting fruit. Only good thing you can buy there is chocolate or water because all energy drinks and shampoos there are from Slovakia or Poland and they are probably very carcinogenic.

Also in serbia there was a store called Valdi. It was the same as aldi but worse. My head got stuck in the sliding doors there and a man threatened me with a frying pan.

You are about a decade out of touch laddie.

Lidl and Aldi are the new cool for middle class shoppers.

Lived in the UK for a bit sainsbury's was my go to

I shop at aldi's when they have sales, not everything is cheap compared to other stores like food4less or smaller hispanic chain grocery stores. Kind of reminds me of Fresh N Easy but without the self checkout. Produce is not cheap, cool premade stuff like hummus/pita bread, I like their sales on eggs and their brand chef's cupboard instant mashed potatoes cost like 69cents rather than the idahoan thats around 99cents.

>Middle class people
>The poor person shops

wew

I never encountered their cart system at other stores. You have to put a quarter in to use the cart then when you put it back, you get your quarter back. I guess it gives people the quarter incentive to put carts back.

Walmart won't let Aldi win.

reuters.com/article/us-walmart-pricing-exclusive-idUSKBN1660I4

one of the brothers who owns aldi bought trader joes individually, it's not really the same store.

>I can live of 10 euros a week
Like fuck you can.

That is correct. Aldi Sud owns the rights to "Aldi" in America and Aldi Nord owns the rights to "Trader Joe's."

Trader Joe's is like an upscale Aldi, while Aldi here is of the same quality as Aldi in Germany.

What is ALDI

Shops like Poundland are the 'poor people shops'.

The stigma attached to Lidl and Aldi is no longer a thing go outside sometime son.

>yurosharts

>Literally the most Jewish supermarket around
>Even more Jewish than Tesco which was started by, is ran by and still owned by Jews

I remember a couple of years back a Sainsbury's put posters up in store and in their windows trying to convince every shopper to spend an extra 50 pence each. Turns out those posters were actually to be put in the staff room and were for the employees to see so they could (((convince))) goys to spend an extra 50 pence each.
Naturally it was forgotten about after about an hour because you aren't going to report on things that are detrimental to your (((own))).

Wal-Mart will be gassed by Aldi and Lidl

this is extremely common in much of europe except the coins are typically of higher value.

personally for how far I park the car from the store if there isn't a cart return available then I'm going to just put the cart in a way where it will be over the curb or something and doesn't pose risk of sliding and hitting other vehicles. quarter is not enough of an incentive.

(In most other countries with the system they have common coinage of higher value e.g. a british pound and thus bigger incentive to actually return the cart).

only in austria and slovenia, i think

This. 100% this. Lidl is probably the best supermarket we have in Denmark, very cheap so good for uni students and generally very nice quality bread and shit.
Aldi though isn't very pleasurable, i've atleast have had bad experiences with old food from there.

>tfw no tesco

Did not know that

That is not thick. She's just plain skinny (but still very sexy)

SPAR>ALDI>>>>>>>>>>LIDL

who is that, nigger
tell me right goddamned now

>polski sklep

>Aldi
pay for the cart
no options
store small as fuck
closes at 8PM
>Walmart
free carts
has everything
store is large as fuck
open all day and all night

>tfw you're rummaging around your car trying to find a quarter to use the shopping carts
Does Aldi charge to use shopping carts in Europe as well?

NON SI PUĂ’ ENTRARE NELL'ANGOLO ROTTURA DELLA LIDL
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LhCQ3cz8NAo

Aldi usually is for lower to middle class people but damn they are cheap for a relatively alright quality.

>slavs arguing who is their favorite kraut slave master

Real is the ultimate redpill.

Aldi uses non GMO.
FUCK OFF MONSANTO INTERNET DEFENSE FORCE

not really the others are more geto, aldi is next to a drugs n ho's downmarket retailer in my town, beaners and blacks pimping in parking lot all day long. 240M white americans still prefer walmart

>tfw amerifats don't know that you get your coins back after lending the cart

>pay for the cart
You're supposed to take the money out of the cart when you're done using it, retard.

>charge

Lidl is good. It's cheap and it has good food.

Quit being lazy you fat ugly fuck

Paying for the cart eliminates the requirement of tolerating people who have shat their pants in your presence.

jesus what is this cruel sadistic treatment?

you guys don't get the coin back when you're done?

>Not shopping at Waitrose or M&S

Plebs

inb4 Jewish conspiracy to fleece customers by imposing a trolley tax

He's right though
The quality is pretty top compared to the price, beats every other french retailers by a wide margin

Okay, charge was the wrong word to use. It's just a form of collateral because too many homeless people would steal carts. Even so, it's annoying having to pay to use a cart since I never carry change.

Hi, south eastern US here. We have an Aldi and a Walmart super center here in town. Aldi is small and most people don't want to bother with using a quarter to get a buggy (that is a shopping cart for you dirty northerners). The idea that you should go out and buy bags so you can bag your groceries yourself is just offensive and they sure aren't going to pay the stupidly small amount to purchase bags there. Walmart on the other hand has their parking lot almost full for most of the day and 10's of people shopping through the graveyard shift there. Aldi just can't compete. I work at that fucking walmart and I hate it. I would like to not shop there but unfortunately Aldi doesn't carry everything we need and we end up getting things we would have gotten at Aldi out of convenience.
I know I need a better job, feel free to remind me of that though. I deserve it.

That's common in supermarkets. I used to work for a Danish-owned supermarket and we always had retarded programs running to get employees to push more items. They always tried to get our items per order higher, cost per item, etc.

>8.66 bucks for 5 dozen eggs and 5 gallons milk

If there is one thing germany gets right, its this fucking place. Saves me a ton on my gains.

Isn't Walmart an enormous monopoly? We had Aldi introduced here in Australia some years back and while it's successful it didn't really do anything to the two larger existing chains (Coles and Woolworths).

It probably won't be able to touch the Walmart giant

THIS
for non-italians: a few days ago a couple of Lidl employees in Tuscany locked two gypsy women inside a waste cage behind a Lidl market and made a fucking hilarious video of it, making a political case

mfw

>gypsies try to steal shit from lidl
>employees close them in that thing

Walmart will shut down a store if too many of the employees try to form a union.

Aldi is nice but they gotta get a self check out system or some bags before they even consider taking off. I shop there a few times, the produce is always really bad, but that's what you get when you shop at a grocery without a dedicated produce department and orders their produce from the cheapest distributor. Also don't have a lot of bread. Pretty shit place except for the ice cream.

t. pic related employee

lol keep eating that government cheese. I go to the best.

>tfw I buy most of my groceries in an organic store or get them from the garden of my parents and my friends hate me for it.

>pic related, it's my local organic store "BIO&BIO"

Both amazing stores. Lidl has awesome cream buns and you can buy anything in Aldi. There is no reason to go anywhere else unless you suck name brand dicks. You can eat like a king on 20 euro a week.

>Aldi/Lidl
Main shoping
>Dealz
If you want a lot of snacks.
>Tesco
You can buy 2 liter bottles of pesi for 1.50
>local butcher
Meats.

I'll never understand unnecessary spending.

>Not having a servant specialized in finding the best produce in gourmet and specialty food stores.

Heh, I bet you don't even have servants. Pleb.

I typically park 150-200 meters from the stores I shop at to minimize the risk of someone parking next to me / hitting my car while parking or with one of their doors. It's not about the physical effort to return the cart but the time to walk the cart back to the store itself and then return to my vehicle. And that's straight line, not considering barriers (e.g. objects that would block carts, like curbs) which means the actual distance walked is longer. A typical human walking speed of 5 kph is 83 and a third meters per minute, meaning that if I take the lower end of 150 meters and double it (trip to return the cart + walk back to my vehicle) to 300 meters, then it takes me three and a half minutes to return the cart and then return to my vehicle.

This all assumes I walk at normal walking speed (I usually walk a bit faster, but car movement can result in blockage of lanes necessitating waiting), and those distances are as the crow flies distance (I am not a bird, thus cannot fly; thus sometimes I must navigate around items on the ground that I cannot wheel the cart over)...

tl;dr Physical effort is fine, I walk outside and exercise on treadmills/ellipticals, but the four minutes for the effort of returning the cart for a quarter of a dollar is a waste of time when I shop once a week at most.

My nigga

Looks like any regular American hipster organic grocery. I'll never understand why organic grocery stores stack their produce in those big bins 10 layers deep. No fucking way they sell through all those granny smith apples or even navels in one day. That's a lot of fucking shrink. Sure it looks nice but when the managers get there in the morning they're gonna have to throw a lot of that shit away.

I agree. When you shop and buy a cart load of shit, and you park in the back parking lot 5 mins away from the front doors, the quarter isn't even worth returning the cart for. If Aldi plans to expand, they'll have to put those shopping cart corrals all over like every other grocery.

Dude, organic costs like three times the normal price, and it's still mass produced
I used to buy 'organic' tomatoes that were literally cultivated in foam, but they didn't use fertilizers or pesticides so it was a-okay
Unless you can find some affordable organic produce, don't waste your money, the hype isn't worth it

Well la de da, m8.

I'm partial to Lidl and Penny Market

how huge are your parking spots

Lidl products are really not bad

Their Christmas Stollen is GOD TIER and pretty cheap

My parents garden is my primary source of veggies.
Organic store is for stuff like toothpaste without fluoride.

Your organic fresh produce isn't even organic by the time you buy it. Stuff like leaf lettuces, celery, etc. anything that you eat without an outer shell has been contaminated by coming into contact with conventional produce and there isn't much way around it.

Something like this, but it's always a strip mall so there are more parking spaces for other businesses.

>Organic store is for stuff like toothpaste without fluoride.
literal mememan

Lidl is god tier

Personally I think the budget supermarket bubble has reached its limit. It will soon burst. I can't say what will cause it, but a lot of people have been noting a decline in the quality of Aldi lately. I suspect that it will be fears about quality that will drive everyone onto the next trend.

top kek

Aldi food is 90% cheap soviet crackers. There's sometimes a half way to quality product, but seriously, just no.

Super-market food quality has tanked though in the last few years. It's not even the even smaller portions of everything. Quality has plummeted as well. They've replaced their cooking oils with used motor fluid or something. Even the chocolate bars are unappetising.

Food is shit now.

There are 4 Lidls within 3 miles of my house. For what purpose? One of them was built just because there were rumours that Aldi would set up shop there. So Pick built another full size supermarket just hundreds of meters from their other one

What aldi should look like:

What it actually looks like:

They're usually about 2.8 meters wide. The average large SUV in the US is just short of 2 meters wide. That's doors closed and doesn't include the width require to open the doors. A lot of people are inconsiderate shitheads who either by ignorance/lack of care will strike your doors. Then when you combine it with our stupid easy driving test where pretty much anyone passes and people park askew/way closer to one side of the spot, and you come back up front with close to or no room to open your driver door because of how horribly they parked.

As someone who works for a large German company and has been to Germany before, the car culture is totally different; people respect each others cars and their own, they drive a lot better on the whole (lane discipline is real on the autobahn and a joke in pretty much the entire US)... it's not really comparable. In the US if you have a shitbox beater and you don't care if someone hits your door, whatever. Have a nice car and don't want door dings/scratches, you need to be proactive about it.

Aldi chocolate is top tier.

t. Chocolate connoisseur