Realistically, how could new city states emerge in the modern world?

Realistically, how could new city states emerge in the modern world?

Other urls found in this thread:

thevenusproject.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=nz2OSye6PMU&t=305s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bir_Tawil
npr.org/2016/08/18/479349760/should-we-be-having-kids-in-the-age-of-climate-change
thezeitgeistmovement.com/faq
ihateseattle.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If drumpf kills all the rural and suburban retards

Natural Resources would give forth life to a place.

Secession of currently existing global cities, would be the most likely way.

Most of the middle eastern cities are good examples.
Oil money.

Bloodshed. Shame all you faggots are such pussies though.

Where's the pic from?

Well managed/powerful cities in war-torn countries with access to resources.

Ah, I really miss Terry Pratchett.

Me too. Too bad his last 2 books sucked. Can't blame him for that though. Terrible way to die.
Yes, where is that picture from?

In modern times a wall or a barrier does not provide good enough protection, and with it being the main advantage of living in a city state, it renders the city state useless, beacause people would rather live outside its borders since land there would probably be cheaper.

>implying "city states" aren't emerging all over Sweden, France, and Germany, ...

cities on islands, penisulas or exclaves becoming independent after the collapse of a larger nation-state. would likely need to be already fairly independent and have a distinct culture and strong economy. Could happen in Honk Kong maybe if China somehow collapsed.

Total collapse of fuel supplies.

I think its from the Venus project. Its a fantastic idea for the future, unfortunately it will never be implemented

thevenusproject.com/

smells like communism

For this system to work, money needs to be abolished. People need to change their priorities from monetary gain to altruistic gain. It will never happen, but its a great vision for how better off we could be as a species. Fundamentally a star trek type ethos

> Be a billionaire

> Buy large stint of private land

> Construct wall

> Share it with your super iq friends, start importing high iq people.

> Grow your own food and capture your own water, (this is not hard to do ffs)

> Bring more iq people create a booming economy inside the wall

> Give incentives to high iq people to reproduce, be a realist

> Fund first university without Marxist principles, deliver high quality red pills, truths that make your stomach turn but that are ultimately truths, because dreams always end.

> Start creating these universities outside the wall, they are now future focused, they ready students for an automated AI ready future, food is grown at the UNI, exercise is obligatory, you can't be fat, you have the best professors, they're paid via patreon (i.e jordan peterson) talks are shared online as well.

You slowly build more and more of these, ugly people turn into beautiful people and slowly this self deprecation shit dies down.

That's what I would do.

>a star trek type ethos

How is a good question.

Realistically, the odds of a city state emerging are probably very low.

No nation would allow it. They'd seek to annex it. Practically any nation is going to be able to do so, provided it is within or neighboring their borders, and they can throw armed forces at it.

They certainly wouldn't allow for it to become a nation proper. Any expansion into the actual territory of a country would mean war.

I doubt the international community would care if a nation invaded and annexed a city state. Unless it's just pretense to invade they wanted anyway. They might verbally complain. That and a bill gets a soda.

Only way I could see it happening would be through some elaborate diplomatic dispute, between two countries, where both in actuality would want to annex the area, but neither would want to go to war with the other state over it, so it'd serve as a buffer state or something of the sort.

City states just wouldn't be able to project power like nations proper.

>tfw want to live in a city-state or a near-autonomous city
>tfw want to have pride in my city
>tfw live next to Atlanta

but then who will vote for Trump?

Communism is based, as with every other modern political system, on infinite growth. The Venus Project is more based on sustainability and creating an equilibrium with the planet. As I stated before, its a pipe dream.

>London got flooded by beaceful reFUGees
>they later elected a mudslime major
>in face of brexit some of them want to leave the UK and stay as a city state, member of the EU

This is how.

>idealised city
>built on flood plane

what do you think of this :

youtube.com/watch?v=nz2OSye6PMU&t=305s

You will see soon when Londonistan declares independence from UK

Monaco, The Vatican and Singapore are city-states right now

Go make your own here.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bir_Tawil

Finally someone else city-state posting.

A break down of federalism. Higher efficiency food production, and other technological advancements will make less need for large territories to support cities.

>liberals fret about overpopulation, citing it as a reason we need contraception
>Africa has a ridiculous population growth

Is there a way we can turn liberals' attention to Africa and incite a progressive genocide on the continent?

I'd love this tbqh. A bit worried about the big corporations though

It is.

Zeitgeist movement is just communism, except instead of "just believe the ideology with religious faith, that workers will unite and take over and everyone will work for everyone faithfully, in a land of plenty and utopia and then poof no government, nope no forced labor camps"

It's

"workers will unite, and then robots will do all the work for us and everyone will work for everyone and money will be stuff and then poof no gover...."

It's communism. :|
It's communism with tacky science fiction-y spoilers, beep boops, and laser-flame decals slapped onto it.

This time, maybe the Terminators will run their Siberian potato work camps or something.

No.

npr.org/2016/08/18/479349760/should-we-be-having-kids-in-the-age-of-climate-change

Basically whites emit the most carbon per capita so one billion blacks is preferable to 100 million whites, and whites should preferably be displaced and replaced with more environmentally friendly shitskins

The problem is that much of Africa is enjoying the massive growth that we (the West) seen after ww2, coupled with the fact the Catholic church is growing in the continent, exponentially. And of course contraception is strictly forbidden by the church.
Its catch 22 for the West in regards to Africa.

Of course not, (((leftists))) don't care for overpopulation, they just want whites to die out.

until those 1 billion blacks start to industrialise

>Zeitgeist movement is just communism

is also today often blindly associated with "Communism" and the works of Karl Marx. It is important to point out the TZM advocation of no property is derived from logical inference, based almost explicitly upon strategic resource management and efficiency, not any surface influence by these supposed "Communist" ideals. There is no relation between the two, for communism was not derived from the needs to preserve and manage resources efficiently. Communism, in theory and practice, was based on a social/moral relativism which was culturally specific - not environmentally specific - which is the case with a resource based economy.

I'm in now way advocating TZM, but you should actually read the FAQ about the group before using conjecture to make a point.

thezeitgeistmovement.com/faq

It's only idea is to erase all history up this point in a live a communist utopia ruled by a computer.

Plus the purges, but they don't talk about that part.

Fair play to them, but I can't imagine that this could be implemented on a global scale, people are far too selfish and we have very short life spans, most people don't care that they are part of the problem in regards to destroying the planet.

A lot of communists look at the ugly parts of Stalinism and decided, without changing one iota of their beliefs or ideas in the face of how they work in the real world, they aren't communists.

Singapore

Seattle, and Vancouver, B.C., are good candidate cities. They both have populations which are ideologically and demographically diverging from that of their respective countries at break-neck speeds.
I don't know that we have precedent for it in North America but it certainly would be very interesting to watch.

JOhn Micheal Greer believes they will be the dominant for of organization in the future.

It's Uruk

After world-wide chastisement and destruction of classical liberal, secular republicanism.

just need a nuclear war

inner city ghetto Jews

and this is what they found thar :0

The city in its proportions and what ever matches the swastika constellation, and the structure as a whole is an observatory.BRAAP!

>Realistically, how could new city states emerge in the modern world?
Balkanization of all countries following a total economic and technological collpase, which would send us right back to feudalism.

It is more likely than you think! A very strong eletromagnetic pulse that is large enough to affect the whole planet would fry every single computer in the world, the loss of all the databanks of banks and stocks would cause the economic collapse, and the loss of the computers would lead to massive loss of technology since that is our main information storage in modern times.

Basically, only some machines and computers that are specially protected would be spared, but the large majority of the planet would be sent back to the dark ages, leading to feudalism, kingdoms, tribes and city states to form all around by the desperate survivors of the collapse who will be seeking for a way to live and thrive in this brave new world.

Some basic technology will probrably be retained, like car and guns, probrably eletricity, but it will take several decades for them to start having widespread use everywhere again.

they are good canidates for killing. and destroying.

you fucking faggot. i bet youra cascadian faggot.

your state is a fucking cuck state, where people think homosexuals trannies are normal,

Seriously fuck that anti gun anti american cuck ass state.

ihateseattle.com/

Read just a few post of that shit as to why.