Official Metric system hate thread

Only users of the superior imperial measurement system can post here, metric fags need not post

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_Kingdom
space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>imperial system
T-thanks common core

You need 7 candles tho

I hear the Brits may be abandoning the metric system and going full imperial. God save the queen.

Real scientists use metric system.

Keep mesuring things with foot size, it only shows how retarded you all are

It's about fucking time

Moron

>implying

I like the month day year system.
Months are a more descriptive measure of time.

For science use metric
For industry and manufacturing it's really not that hard to work with both units. Thousandths of an inch are a good unit desu.

>American unironically base their measurement system on pic related

Daily reminder that the Metric sytem is globalism taken to its logical extreme.

Are you a scientist? "Non", you say? Guess you have absolutely no reason to use metric now. Frogs BTFO again!

Best argument yet

Canada uses imperial almost exclusively, outside of high school and university, and driving. Our ovens work in F, our measuring spoons are the same as yours. We measure things in feet and inches, and weight them in pounds and ounces. Everything personal, uses the system that is designed to make sense, Imperial. No one orders square meters of fabric, and beer is still 12 imperial fl oz.

Metric is literally the most retarded system in the world.

Daily reminder that crying "globalism" like jews cry "holocaust" makes you a retarded mongoloid

4 metric candles equal 7 imperial candles.

Kek'd

stop being a retard

Sorry frenchie, metric is only good for measuring how much of a faggot you are

Fucking kek

>implying Auschwitz had chimneys

top kek
hard to argue with that

Do americans really believe that imperial system has any advantages over metric system or is this some kind of retarded attempt to troll us?

Imperial can go suck a negro dick

Well, if we want to be fair Vietnam also lost war against Vietnam.

base 12 > 10
Also if metric is so great how come yuros had to make it illegal to use anything else?

it's like the same with cut/uncut

I might just have doxxed myself

Ilegal? Are you retarded? It's just inconvenient because everything here is standarised.

Metric feels gay and soulless tbqh.

Fuck Millermeters. I don't even know who this Miller fella is.

Physicist here - I do experimental work with plasmas. 90% of the time I leave everything in terms of variables, out of the other 10% of occasions where I actually need to put a number to something, 9.9% of that time I'm measuring temperatures in eV or pressure in mTorr and shit like that.

The truth is that we use whatever units happen to be convenient, Christ the damned AMO guys have their own separate set of units where they set all the fundamental constants to 1. We use metric units when *they're* convenient, we use imperial units when *they're* convenient, and we use other units when *they're* convenient.

>In 1978, after some carpet retailers reverted to pricing by the square yard rather than the square metre, government policy shifted, and they started issuing orders making metrication mandatory in certain sectors

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_Kingdom

I seriously doubt physicists use Imperial for any public or serious paper

I remember that thread last summer.

>they're learning how to bring down the wall
GET THIS TO TRUMP

Those UK fags don't represent the whole of Europe. Here you can use whatever you want but if you come with anything not standarised you are going to get rejected.

I make the same thread every couple months to see if it sticks, looks like eurofags can't help but talk about their faggy system of measurement

Actually how to build it Mr.Kraut.

Nigga why you talking shit

What measurement system is going to be used to build the wall? Metricucks btfo once again

>metric system looks like a mosque
Makes sense

Physicist checking in. The only time imperial units are used when you have some measuring instrument in the lab that has been bought in the US. And then you just talk to each other saying the value on the screen. Otherwise imperial is never used, certainly not in any paper or thesis. If you don't buy stuff with a screen on it from the US (or screws and other stuff), then you will never have to deal with the imperial system in science.

Inb4 it gets contracted to a foreign civil engineering firm and it's all in metric to exchange information between places.

>n-no, I'm learning wall science to build wall
>t. Alejandro
you can't fool me

>implying the wall is going to be built by foreigners

Papers? No. But I've got a whole line of Langmuir and triple probes down in the lab that are measured in inches, the chamber parts are all imperial, the cooling system is imperial, etc.

And even in papers I almost never use metric units because they're not relevant to the kind of physics going on. I don't think I've written anything in Kelvin or Pascals or kilograms for years.

Having a single standard of measurement becomes less important when everyone's got a fucking computer in their pocket that can do on-the-fly unit conversions.

One good area where imperial was better was with engine displacement. The Cubic inches measure is more specified/descriptive and better sounding. That's one place we should have never swapped to metric. A 366 just sounds better than a 6.0 liter and there's no descriptive difference really, actually I'd argue it's much easier to picture a cubic inch than liter-volumes.

NASA uses metric :^)

Imperial designed bombs vs metric designed buildings

You are still in high school, kid. That one time visit to your State Uni does not count.

DAAAAAMN SON

>NASA has ostensibly used the metric system since about 1990

space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html

>Not using both
Is that Too much to handle for your single language speaking brain?

>thinking we could change from mph
the ensuing car crash pile-up would close the M1 for months mate.

Nice post retard now go back in your cave

>What are cc's

Name one person I would want to talk to that does not speak english

You need to use both because your entire country works arround the scraps and leftovers arround the US

Hitler?

Hitler

I'm a PhD candidate. I'm literally typing up a summary for a seminar presentation on my other screen right now.

>Imperial was meant to be easier to use and understand in everyday life
>Metric is meant to be more precise, mostly in scientific fields or alike fields

How does everyone forget this or ignore this?

also
>month day year
how did you fuck this up so bad?

This. Fuck Miller, that commie son of a bitch. GOD BLESS AMERICA! USA USA USA!

dead

>light year
>measure of distance

Those space explorers sure are dumb

I didn't see any units there

Too much to handle, I see.
I've started learning japanese and I speak the true international language, Esperanto.
Stay pleb

Marine Le Pen, conservative French politician.

BLACKED

imperial is better when it comes to hands on stuff like woodworking or automotive shit tbqh

What's fucked up about it?

There are more days than months in a year.

You dumb, or something?

Yeah, no shit. Like I said - 90% of the time units don't fucking enter into it at all.

Variables trump any other system of measurement because they're completely generalized.

>implying Japs want to speak to a filthy mexican

>tries to make info unreadable with a pencil and fails
>instead of just pulling the pic up in mspaint and putting a black rectangle over it
if that's the extent of your problem solving skills you probably should get doxed, it might save lives

I certainly know that engineers work with imperial units quite often. Using a colloquial unit of measure makes shipping/ordering equipment much easier if you're relying on workers who do not necessarily have an aptitude with mathematics (most people struggle with converting, I've found).

The braking system of my cadillac need a quarter nickel more presure, and half a forearm of torque in the edges

What do you mean by this?

Insults huh, did I touch a fiber there?

Fuck Miller and fuck his boy Decker too. A Deckermeter aint shit either. More Eurofag foot-draggers, what's new.

I'm on the phone and I'm a nobody, who cares.

>Vote Trump
>building the wall
>the right to bear arms
>the right to deny the holocaust
Who's the retard now Mongol?

As someone who designs with both, metric is far superior. The problem is, inch fasteners and metal stock are usually cheaper in NA and so that's one of the momenta for the system remaining in place.

???

Why does burger imperial measurement system has no measurement unit called penis even though they have feet?

Because burger dick is too small to measure anything!

I'm an engineer and the only imperial I use is for metallic pipes and in some problems for the lulz to see if I can do it.

>alfredo
Wtf?

>I certainly know that engineers work with imperial units quite often.

Bullshit cunt, my company would fire you for even considering this, you're either lying or convincing yourself.

Enjoy your Russian occupation faggot

>not putting France, Australia, and china in there

Now my structures professor is gonna be harassed by a bunch of white nationalist basement dwelers isn't he?

>checks flag
>abo's are calling themselves "engineers" now
>baka

Hola colega Ingeniero

If you want